Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3760201 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1626) (1627) (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) ... (3836) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:28am On Sep 15, 2019
abdurrazaq:

It is not always an easy task to discuss GOD with an unbeliever in GOD hence, the reason why some (like me stay away from such conversations).

One undeniable fact is that every culture and religion believe in the existence of ONE GOD, the links to the Supreme GOD has always been the difference. In Yoruba Land, the Supreme GOD is referred to as ỌLỌHUN or OLÓDÙMARÈ while other deities like Sango, Ogun, Obatala, Orunmila, etc., are considered as links to HIM by different traditional worshippers.

The only GOD is called various names depending on the language (Bhagwan, Allah, Yahweh, Jehova, Ọlọhun, Ubangiji, Chukwu, etc.). He is the Supreme while every other deities like Sango, Krishna, Amadioha, Ogun, etc. are mere subjects with some supernatural powers and are considered as others as close links to get their wishes from the One GOD. Therefore, an Indian man that worship cow knows the existence of the true GOD but cannot think of or did not inherit a better way of worshipping HIM other than worshipping him through the cow.

As for rules and regulations attributed to GOD in various 'Holy' Books, the followers of the concerned religions will only interpret them to the best of their understanding. There is always the possibility that those verses are misinterpreted deliberately or otherwise.

Let's cut through the ceremony. The simple reason why you shy away from discussions with non religious disbelievers is that you know that they will ridicule your beliefs because it is like nonsense to them.

Religious people hate/fear ridicule of their religion.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:33am On Sep 15, 2019
It's been a while I saw born or is it Beorn around. Hope he's cool like that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2019
joseph1832:

Cc Beorn1 or Beorn01.

He is full time into big brother naija
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn1: 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2019
joseph1832:

Egbon, I'm still around, but I follow this program called Big Brother Naija, which many people hate. grin grin

That program has limited my time on this thread. I'll be back very soon.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
joseph1832:
Afi born
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2019
Beorn1:

Egbon, I'm still around, but I follow this program called Big Brother Naija, which many people hate. grin grin

Oh I see. Have fun then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Let's cut through the ceremony. The simple reason why you shy away from discussions with non religious disbelievers is that you know that they will ridicule your beliefs because it is like nonsense to them.

Religious people hate/fear ridicule of their religion.

You hit the nail on the head JBL. Baba & Koice really finished me here yesterday. From now on, ima steer clear of religious discussions here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
abdurrazaq:

It is not always an easy task to discuss GOD with an unbeliever in GOD hence, the reason why some (like me stay away from such conversations).

One undeniable fact is that every culture and religion believe in the existence of ONE GOD, the links to the Supreme GOD has always been the difference. In Yoruba Land, the Supreme GOD is referred to as ỌLỌHUN or OLÓDÙMARÈ while other deities like Sango, Ogun, Obatala, Orunmila, etc., are considered as links to HIM by different traditional worshippers.

The only GOD is called various names depending on the language (Bhagwan, Allah, Yahweh, Jehova, Ọlọhun, Ubangiji, Chukwu, etc.). He is the Supreme while every other deities like Sango, Krishna, Amadioha, Ogun, etc. are mere subjects with some supernatural powers and are considered as others as close links to get their wishes from the One GOD. Therefore, an Indian man that worship cow knows the existence of the true GOD but cannot think of or did not inherit a better way of worshipping HIM other than worshipping him through the cow

As for rules and regulations attributed to GOD in various 'Holy' Books, the followers of the concerned religions will only interpret them to the best of their understanding. There is always the possibility that those verses are misinterpreted deliberately or otherwise.

Exactly what i was trying to say @ the bolded.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2019
Beorn1:

I know the feeling. During that period I have to accept that some people I follow will become ZOMBIES obsessed over some people locked up in a house. They will carry those people matter on their head. Me sef I will get mildly infected by the madness even though I don't subscribe to the show. It is what it is
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:56pm On Sep 15, 2019
abdurrazaq:
Golden Job

This can be easily described as a remake of the ITALIAN JOB and PLAYERS (Bollywood) with a little twist to the background story of the gangs. Decent action scenes with good dose of emotion.

7/10

Is it the same movie were a group of thieves stole a Romanian gold aboard a Train??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2019
Toy Story 4 now on BRRip format.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Csami(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2019
Anna - 4.5/10

Pure nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2019
mekaprime:
Toy Story 4 now on BRRip format.
leaked internal Webrip which is Hdrip actually, the source encode is rubbish, just wait small, a good quality will be out this week.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Shady92(m): 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2019
Someone should recommend websites for downloading movies and series pls
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2019
Who are you referring to @ bolded?

mekaprime:

You hit the nail on the head JBL. Baba & Koice really finished me here yesterday. From now on, ima steer clear of religious discussions here.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
X-Men: Dark Phoenix

It's not as bad as people have rated it, but it is confusing AF. Jean Gray has been given more power than I remember her ever having from the previous movies so what happened?? Did she lose them along the way?? There are just too many eyebrow raising changes and I am not convinced.

Entertaining, but just too... I don't know which adjective to use to qualify the direction the franchise is going.

5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Who are you referring to @ bolded?

You, old man.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

You, old man.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2019
Ishilove:

It's not as bad as people have rated it, but it is confusing AF. Jean Gray has been given more power than I remember her ever having from the previous movies so what happened?? Did she lose them along the way?? There are just too many eyebrow raising changes and I am not convinced.

Entertaining, but just too... I don't know which adjective to use to qualify the direction the franchise is going.

5/10

Jean grey is a class a or class 5 mutant who had not reached her full potential. The Phoenix saga is one of the most reverred storylines in the xmen comics. hopefully Disney will do the needful or maybe not.
Please do tell, did quicksilver kill it again? Will I and the kids be rocking another oldie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2019
Snatch-

A comedy of errors. The highpoint was the face off between the golden toothed guy and the pawnshop owner and his goons. That speech about pussies and shrinking balls was hilarious!

9/10 biko. I have been thoroughly entertained.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2019
ornicus:

Jean grey is a class a or class 5 mutant who had not reached her full potential. The Phoenix saga is one of the most reverred storylines in the xmen comics. hopefully Disney will do the needful or maybe not.
Please do tell, did quicksilver kill it again? Will I and the kids be rocking another oldie?
Bubba, I am not a comics fan. Never read one, except glancing through that one about the Nigerian footballer (I forget his name now. Is it Danjuma? Mohammed?? Fleezy??), and will never read one. However, I do know this movie confused me and raised more questions than answers.

I think Marvel or DC or whichever fvcking studio is producing them should give X-Men a rest. Either that or give movie lovers something completely fresh and unconventional.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2019
Ishilove:

Bubba, I am not a comics fan. Never read one, except glancing through that one about the Nigerian footballer (I forget his name now. Is it Danjuma? Mohammed?? Fleezy??), and will never read one. However, I do know this movie confused me and raised more questions than answers.

I think Marvel or DC or whichever fvcking studio is producing them should give X-Men a rest. Either that or give movie lovers something completely fresh and unconventional.

Will you watch the 90s xmen cartoon? That's the only medium that did the saga justice.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2019
ornicus:

Will you watch the 90s xmen cartoon? That's the only medium that did the saga justice.
I watched almost every episode on Channels television back then and loved every bit of it! grin

Nowadays I don't even know exactly what these folks are doing.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2019
Ishilove:

5/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
For me...Heath Ledger in TDK, Matthew McConaughey in Dallas Buyers Club and Jake Gyllenhaal in Stronger.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Anna

Stingy script writers.
I kept waiting for a streamy lesbian sex session that never arrived cry
Shebi later you'll start claiming anti-LGBT? Hypocrites the whole lot of you. Tueh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2019
Kaycee7:
Shebi later you'll start claiming anti-LGBT? Hypocrites the whole lot of you. Tueh!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:46pm On Sep 15, 2019
oyaskii:
For me...Heath Ledger in TDK, Matthew McConaughey in Dallas Buyers Club and Jake Gyllenhaal in Stronger.

For me, it was Christian Bale in TDK. Also in American Psycho and Equilibrium.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
So you mean that as a straight grown ass man, I should be offended by two vaginas?

Nah!
You gat another thing coming.
Male homosexuality is the anomaly, all females vagina is created to be penetrated by nature (whoever amongst the two gender penetrate it is a discussion for another day).

Do you want me to believe or rather do you believe that nature created the male ass for penetration?

Regardless whether a female is with a male or a fellow female, penetration is a given but which kind parole go make a male tender his yansh for penetration.

You sef think am na cry
Kaycee7:
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:27pm On Sep 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:
So you mean that as a straight grown ass man, I should be offended by two vaginas?

Nah!
Male homosexuality is the anomaly, all females vagina is created to be penetrated by nature (whoever amongst the two gender penetrate it is a discussion for another day).

Do you want me to believe or rather do you believe that nature created the male ass for penetration?

Regardless whether a female is with a male or a fellow female, penetration is a given but which kind parole go make a male tender his yansh for penetration.

You sef think am na cry
Going by this, I could also argue that the pen1s was created for penetrating. And that regardless of whether a male is with a female or a fellow male, penetrating is a given.
You can't twist this to suit your narrative. You're either tolerant of all gay people or you're not. You don't get to nitpick.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 15, 2019
alexistaiwo:

Nah!

You sef think am na cry

Oya what was created to penetrate the vaginas?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2019
Nobody is arguing about the prick.

But if you want to go down that route, let me oblige you.

What was the penis created to penetrate?

Female vagina or a male yansh?

Kaycee7:
Going by this, I could also argue that the pen1s was created for penetrating. And that regardless of whether a male is with a female or a fellow male, penetrating is a given.
You can't twist this to suit your narrative. You're either tolerant of all gay people or you're not. You don't get to nitpick.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1626) (1627) (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) ... (3836) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: oyaskii(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.