Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3781969 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) ... (3843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2019
Born2Freak:

This your epistle will mean nothing when the movie flops.

See you in 2020
you are very correct, birds of prey will flop like floppy birds
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2019
Born2Freak:

This your epistle will mean nothing when the movie flops.

See you in 2020

Lol if u like hate the movie from now till next year this movie ain't flopping baby. What's to flop in a Superhero movie produced for just $50mn cool

By my nice friend hulk616 estimations it only needs $150mn to be a success. grin

And I ain't seeing any Superhero genre from WB or MCU presently doing less than $350mn. And that's already a success.

By my estimates BoP is doing nothing less than $500mn besides it's gonna get love from them Feminists, females and SJW, so the sky is da limit. It's also R rated grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
hulk616:

I'm waiting for Black widow too my bro
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2019
joseph1832:
You're the one who is arguing pointlessly and don't even have a clue of what you're talking about.

In the comics you said Harley Quinn isn't a central character or prominent member of Birds of Prey. So according to you they should follow the comics hook line and sinker, right? So tell me what's the fun in watching a movie you already know how it'll end? Truly you're not just arguing pointlessly, you're totally clueless.

Imagine you talking about sexuality and violence. So movies like John Wick, Anna and the likes should start adopting nollywood esque plot just to please Lilly livered people like you.

Perhaps you should also have such films star people like Patience Ozorkwo and Shola Sobowale, arrant nonsense.

If you don't like a movie, move along and stop complaining about what the producers decide to do or not do, afterall, you didn't contribute a dime to the making of that movie.

Leave some people make them they shout and foam for mouth anyhow.

It's their likes that would shout Without Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern in A Justice league movie they ain't watching. Protesting the inclusion of Cyborg. Me I still want a Martian Manhunter movie AF. I just dey swear for WB for messing that dream up.

They seem to forget that most Superhero teams usually have different versions and members at any point in time. Just a few Original members are constant.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2019
Born2Freak:

This is not the first time I have debated with you. So, I know you are intellectually weak on certain subjects.

You need to understand that sexuality is not the problem but how the sexuality is used in the film.
oh please keep quiet and admit you're letting your bias cloud your sense of reasoning.

Imagine this hogwash at the emboldened. I wonder who made you intellectually strong on those subject for you to say I'm intellectually weak.

Nonsense. If you had read the synopsis of Birds of Prey, you've known better than to further show your bias.

"Sexuality is not the problem but how the sexuality is used". Perhaps you'll later tell us madness isnt the problem but how the madness is used as regard Joker.

You're really a joke. This is my last reply to you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
abduleez1:

Leave some people make them they shout and foam for mouth anyhow.

It's their likes that would shout Without Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern in A Justice league movie they ain't watching. Protesting the inclusion of Cyborg. Me I still want a Martian Manhunter movie AF. I just dey swear for WB for messing that dream up.

They seem to forget that most Superhero teams usually have different versions and members at any point in time. Just a few Original members are constant.
don't mind her. She doesn't known Birds of prey never said anything about Harley Quinn being a member but she teaming up with members of Birds of Prey to tackle a common enemy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2019
hulk616:

You wish.

Black widow and Eternals gonna suffer next year grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
abduleez1:

Lol if u like hate the movie from now till next year this movie ain't flopping baby. What's to flop in a Superhero movie produced for just $50mn cool

By my nice friend hulk616 estimations it only needs $150mn to be a success. grin

And I ain't seeing any Superhero genre from WB or MCU presently doing less than $350mn. And that's already a success.

By my estimates BoP is doing nothing less than $500mn besides it's gonna get love from them Feminists, females and SJW, so the sky is da limit. It's also R rated grin grin

That's what they thought when they were marketing Ghostbusters 2016 movie as feminine power. The film flopped hard.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:21pm On Oct 07, 2019
joseph1832:
don't mind her. She doesn't known Birds of prey never said anything about Harley Quinn being a member but she teaming up with members of Birds of Prey to tackle a common enemy.

Them no know, just shouting as if she gonna take over the Team. For where WB has big plans for Batgirl ?

One thing most of them fail to understand is NO ONE KNOWS BOP unless CB fans but Harley Quinn is a very popular figure. So why not centre the movie / trailer around her. No one said other team members won't have their time to shine.

From complaining about Black Mask being Gay and without his iconic mask. After proved wrong now it's complaints about the trailer all being Harley.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2019
abduleez1:

You wish.

black widow will not suffer but eternals ........
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
abduleez1:

I'm waiting for Black widow too my bro
Black widow will do better than justice league grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
joseph1832:
oh please keep quiet and admit you're letting your bias cloud your sense of reasoning.

Imagine this hogwash at the emboldened. I wonder who made you intellectually strong on those subject for you to say I'm intellectually weak.

Nonsense. If you had read the synopsis of Birds of Prey, you've known better than to further show your bias.

"Sexuality is not the problem but how the sexuality is used". Perhaps you'll later tell us madness isnt the problem but how the madness us used as regard Joker.

It is okay. I know you have some insecurities.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
Born2Freak:

That's what they thought when they were marketing Ghostbusters 2016 movie as feminine power. The film flopped hard.

Lol is ghost busters a DC film??

It's the first all female Superhero team and clicks almost all the boxes for movie demographics. It's also R rated a plus.

Feminists, female genders and SJW and critics gone love this. Infact it's got a place in the heart of the LGBTQIA+ Community. All those demographics is added bonus and money for film, so I see no fail here no matter how bad u want it to.

So your flop mantra is all in your head.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
abduleez1:

Them no know, just shouting as if she gonna take over the Team. For where WB has big plans for Batgirl ?

One thing most of them fail to understand is NO ONE KNOWS BOP unless CB fans but Harley Quinn is a very popular figure. So why not centre the movie / trailer around her. No one said other team members won't have their time to shine.

From complaining about Black Mask being Gay and without his iconic mask. After proved wrong now it's complaints about the trailer all being Harley.
my take on it is just simple, they're jealous of Margot Robbie's hot body. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2019
Born2Freak:

It is okay. I know you have some insecurities.
how can you know that when you've proven you know absolutely nothing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2019
hulk616:
Black widow will do better than justice league grin

I'm laughing in gibberish.

Have you seen other movies release date. Have u seen it's competition.

Na only 3 weeks it has to make all the money it can make before it fizzles..... Puff

Too bad, it's no Endgame grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2019
joseph1832:

"Sexuality is not the problem but how the sexuality is used". [/b]Perhaps you'll later tell us madness isnt the problem but how the madness us used as regard Joker. [b]

That Joker madness got me grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2019
abduleez1:

That Joker madness got me grin grin grin
if Jared Leto catch you ehn. grin cheesy

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2019
hulk616:
black widow will not suffer but eternals ........

Lol so now reality don dey slap u abi

Do you know that Fast and Furious 9 is coming out in exactly 3 weeks time after Black widow??

Na death be that. cry shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
joseph1832:
if Jared Leto catch you ehn. grin cheesy

Lol for were. That guy is the worst Joker I've ever seen. Even animation joker sef better pass am.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
abduleez1:

Lol for were. That guy is the worst Joker I've ever seen. Even animation joker sef better pass am.
grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Olodo24: 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2019
abduleez1:

You wish.

Scarlett Johansson doesn't really have flops. Black Widow would be a huge success... She'll even ride the wave of the coming awards season as she's possibly getting an Oscar nomination for Marriage Story with Jojo Rabbit looking like a serious awards contender. Even if she misses the Oscar, SAG, Golden Globes and BAFTAs are definitely giving her nominations
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Olodo24: 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
I must try n see Joker. The hype is something else
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by johnsmith5: 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
In the tall grass (netflix)

Bit of an odd one, started off ok then got weirder as the movie progressed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2019
abduleez1:

Lol is ghost busters a DC film??

It's the first all female Superhero team and clicks almost all the boxes for movie demographics. It's also R rated a plus.

Feminists, female genders and SJW and critics gone love this. Infact it's got a place in the heart of the LGBTQIA+ Community. All those demographics is added bonus and money for film, so I see no fail here no matter how bad u want it to.

So your flop mantra is all in your head.

Suicide squad made 746 million worldwide from a 325 million budget.

The Hollywood rule is that a movie should make at least double of its budget.

So while suicide squad is a box office success, it is barely a success.

Note that suicide squad was heavily anticipated movie with two popular animated movies preceding it.

Birds of prey doesn't have such a buzz.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
Olodo24:
Scarlett Johansson doesn't really have flops. Black Widow would be a huge success... She'll even ride the wave of the coming awards season as she's possibly getting an Oscar nomination for Marriage Story with Jojo Rabbit looking like a serious awards contender. Even if she misses the Oscar, SAG, Golden Globes and BAFTAs are definitely giving her nominations

As for flops, same can be said of Margot Robbie. Only the name is a huge draw for movie fans something BoP gonna benefit from.

Don't get me wrong, I never said Black widow gonna flop, it's gonna make money sure. But it's not gonna do grosses like GoTG or Thor Series.
More like Dr Strange AND Ant-Man around the $600mn range. It's never going to be a Massive HIT.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2019
Olodo24:
I must try n see Joker. The hype is something else
Be sure it's a movie you actually want to see. Don't come back here and be looking for who to spoil their mood if you end up not liking the movie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2019
Born2Freak:

Suicide squad made 746 million worldwide from a 325 million budget.

The Hollywood rule is that a movie should make at least double of its budget.

So while suicide squad is a box office success, it is barely a success.

Note that suicide squad was heavily anticipated movie with two popular animated movies preceding it.

Birds of prey doesn't have such a buzz.

LMAO you see why blind hatred no good. In your hate you typed EPIC TRASH about suicide squad. grin

Why on earth would suicide squad have a production budget bigger than Justice League?

Suicide Squad's production budget is about $175mn and not your shitty claim. Pls what's your source? grin

By your supposed "Hollywood rule" suicide squad more than doubled it's budget. Heck it even QUADRUPLE it. Even with the hate from Critics and peeps like you.

To cap it all off it won an OSCAR cheesy grin grin grin

Desist from spewing TRASH

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Olodo24: 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2019
abduleez1:

As for flops, same can be said of Margot Robbie. Only the name is a huge draw for movie fans something BoP gonna benefit from.

Don't get me wrong, I never said Black widow gonna flop, it's gonna make money sure. But it's not gonna do grosses like GoTG or Thor Series.
More like Dr Strange AND Ant-Man around the $600mn range. It's never going to be a Massive HIT.
shit happens. But don't forget we're in the ME TOO era where anything female related gets all the love and attention. They'll hype it for being a female super hero flick like they did Wonder Woman which grossed around the figure you stated. An excuse can be made in favour of Black Widow though as Gal Gadot isn't a huge star like Hollywood's highest paid actress, Scarlett Johansson who has carried a lot of films on her shoulders.

It can still gross the figure you posted.... That I agree

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
Kaycee7:
Be sure it's a movie you actually want to see. Don't come back here and be looking for who to spoil their mood if you end up not liking the movie.

Nicely and Aptly put.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Olodo24: 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
Wow. Joker has really exceeded expectations. That Venice Film Festival win isn't a waste after all.

Joaquin Phoenix is getting that Oscar for sure
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2019
abduleez1:

LMAO you see why blind hatred no good. In your hate you typed EPIC TRASH about suicide squad. grin

Why on earth would suicide squad have a production budget bigger than Justice League?

Suicide Squad's production budget is about $175mn and not your shitty claim. Pls what's your source? grin

By your supposed "Hollywood rule" suicide squad more than doubled it's budget. Heck it even QUADRUPLE it. Even with the hate from Critics and peeps like you.

To cap it all off it won an OSCAR cheesy grin grin grin

Desist from spewing TRASH

Please, learn to do proper research. The actual budget is 325 million.

Check below

(1) (2) (3) ... (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) ... (3843) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: avast01(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.