Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3734879 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2019
hulk616:
6 is too much for this trash
0.2/10 is the ideal rating

Just gave it 6 because of Medusa... And the Animation...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2019
Upgrade: 4 stars out 4.

This is one of the most underrated films of 2018.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iSage: 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2019
Mark9854:

movie was thrash you have Netflix to thank for that, unnecessary intestines up an down...
The plot was terrible but the action scenes were there.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iSage: 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
Replicas

It was refreshing seeing Keanu Reeves acting the role of a scientist - he is really good. Other than that, there isn't much to see. The plot is mediocre and the supporting cast were a big let down.

5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iSage: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2019
Raalsalghul:

I had to see the movie again- I rarely do that. I hope a sequel is already in the works.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2019
iSage:
I had to see the movie again- I rarely do that. I hope a sequel is already in the works.
Yes.

Jason Blum already confirmed that.

The plot was tight!

World-building, action scenes were also top-notch.

The only draw back was that there were some plot-holes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2019
iSage:
To think that all that was shot for 3 million dollars.

Those Blum guys can sabi manage film budget.

And they've been making hella of a profit.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2019
Olodo24:
he does care o. He was ranting because of the constant Oscar snub around that era. Gary Oldman said the same thing and years later, he was everywhere campaigning and receiving career achievement awards (that's what his win is considered to be) everywhere. Phoenix is an actor's actor like you said but I don't think it should matter if he plays a comic book character or not so long as the performance is strong. He just win it already. It pains me that we live in a World where Phoenix has just one Oscar nomination while the much inferior Bradley Cooper is on his 4th acting nomination already.
Wait, Bradley Cooper inferior, pleassssssse
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 09, 2019
iSage:

No sequel atm, but if recall correctly, the guy behind it hinted at the possibility of one in the future.

Personally, I don't want a sequel. It ended perfectly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Yes.
Jason Blum already confirmed that.
The plot was tight!
World-building, action scenes were also top-notch.
The only draw back was that there were some plot-holes.
He didn't confirm anything. He said he has plans for it, that's it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2019
Palehair:
I scoffed when I read his post. He apparently doesn't rate Cooper.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2019
nani667:

Just gave it 6 because of Medusa... And the Animation...
No mercy for DC animation since DC fans says its better than marvel animations that has two oscars undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2019
Raalsalghul:

is that the title of the movie only or title with its rating ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2019
hulk616:
is that the title of the movie only or title with its rating ?
Title and rating.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Sequel ain't even happening again.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Sequel ain't even happening again.

From the director.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

No sequel atm, but if recall correctly, the guy behind it hinted at the possibility of one in the future.

Personally, I don't want a sequel. It ended perfectly.

Personally, I want another film in that world. It'd be a waste if they're not considering it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
Palehair:

Cooper is a good actor no doubt.

But JP is better than him.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Personally, I want another film in that world. It'd be a waste if they're not considering it.

Upgrade is not first of it's kind. There are loads of cyberpunk movies and TV series out there. To scratch that Upgrade itch, I suggest you see Altered Carbon (TV Series) and Blade Runner 2049, ASAP.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Stop underestimating Cooper. He's a talented actor with a lot of range. He can play anything, and convincingly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
Mekaprime. Please where can I download train to Busan? It's not on fz and netnaija is full of many distraction.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
This is no longer fanboyism.

Like I said sometime in the past, I refuse to believe that anyone who has something (worthwhile) else going on in his life offline will have time to be trading insults over issues as trivial as comic characters and box office figures 24/7.

Most of you are clearly overcompensating for lack of something by indulging in all these useless arguments...... Whatever the missing something is, I don't care but you are clearly missing something offline

hulk616:
No mercy for DC animation since DC fans says its better than marvel animations that has two oscars undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Stop underestimating Cooper. He's a talented actor with a lot of range. He can play anything, and convincingly.
Is he better than Phoenix?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Upgrade is not first of it's kind. There are loads of cyberpunk movies and TV series out there. To scratch that Upgrade itch, I suggest you see Altered Carbon (TV Series) and Blade Runner 2049, ASAP.

Blade Runner 2049 however solid had low entertainment value for me coupled with its slow pace.

And that's the issue I have with Villeneuve's films
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2019
https : // www . thenetnaija . com /
videos /movies / 6809 -train-to-busan-
2016-korean

joseph1832:
Mekaprime. Please where can I download train to Busan? It's not on fz and netnaija is full of many distraction.

NetNaija direct download link.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Is he better than Phoenix?

Two different kind of actors. Joaquin is flamboyant and old school, while Cooper is nuanced, and modern.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:52pm On Oct 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Two different kind of actors. Joaquin is flamboyant and old school, while Cooper is nuanced, and modern.
But you have to accept that people see Phoenix as better.

I don't care about classification.

You have a thing for Cooper, I have a thing for Phoenix.

Let's just leave it at that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2019
Raalsalghul:

That's a far out lane-stain, all actors have the potential to be great, all it takes are research, commitment, lessons, they all have the potential to keep you at the edge of your seat, they have the ability to be flexible, you might be surprised seeing a typical typecast in another role, a role you weren't sure was for them, that's the thing about acting, it goes all out and JP and BC or "great actors" are not exempted
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2019
Raalsalghul:

But you have to accept that people see Phoenix as better.

I don't care about classification.

You have a thing for Cooper, I have a thing for Phoenix.

Let's just leave it at that.

That's the thing, I don't have a thing for both. I've gone through a better part of their respective filmographies to be objective in this topic. Joaquin is good, but overrated. Cooper is good, but underrated. My smart money has Cooper winning a Oscar in a few years. Cannot say the same for Joaquin.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Please tell him and that's the creativity I love, they interpret characters in their own way, you see different styles of acting

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

That's the thing, I don't have a thing for both. I've gone through a better part of their respective filmographies to be objective in this topic. Joaquin is good, but overrated. Cooper is good, but underrated. My smart money has Cooper winning a Oscar in a few years. Cannot say the same for Joaquin.
Please say it louder for those in the back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2019
Clubmaster:
This is no longer fanboyism.

Like I said sometime in the past, I refuse to believe that anyone who has something (worthwhile) else going on in his life offline will have time to be trading insults over issues as trivial as comic characters and box office figures 24/7.

Most of you are clearly overcompensating for lack of something by indulging in all these useless arguments...... Whatever the missing something is, I don't care but you are clearly missing something offline

is that all?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: mrcrabs(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.