Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,906 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3767606 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3827) (3828) (3829) (3830) (3831) (3832) (3833) ... (3839) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Papadoh(m): 6:03pm On Apr 28
NeoWanZaeed:

Would you then say Dr Strange is the bad guy for sacrificing billions just to be able to defeat thanos?

Even if they're not going to be brought back, he'll still make the same choice
Wait, when did Dr Strange sacrifice billions to defeat Thanos?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Penstef(f): 6:45pm On Apr 28
I am currently watch the best comedy on YouTube ETINOSATV channel titled LOVE BY ACCIDENT starring Edo Tom and Jerry Nosa Baba Rex and Etinosa Idemudia 😂😂😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5dIpwRE8A
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 7:35pm On Apr 28

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:07pm On Apr 28
Papadoh:

Wait, when did Dr Strange sacrifice billions to defeat Thanos?

By giving thanks the time stone. He all but ensured the snap happened.

Only he knew that they'll all be brought back and Tony stark was the key.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:06pm On Apr 28
Rupesh369:
Oculus
One of the best horror movies I've ever watched. Top tier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bongadu: 9:33pm On Apr 28
I wanna fork her so badly

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 9:39pm On Apr 28
Who’s this fool na

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 12:24am On Apr 29
Dybala11:

He looks more like an individual laughing instead of crying in this screenshot. 😄😄😄
grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 4:11am On Apr 29
Saturnalia:
I watched some beautiful & interesting movies last week and most of them are still playing in my head.

1.) Uncut Gems - 2018.

This movie is slow and boring at the beginning and to be honest, I almost got fed up at some point but the Amitabh Bachchan in me told me to continue and so I did.

When it got to the scene where his girlfriend (Julia) wanted to cheat on him with that musician (The Weeknd) at the nightclub party hosted by the musician, then I began to pay utmost attention.

To cut the long story short, the film sweet die!

When I saw the end of the movie, I became so dejected and deleted it from my archive.

As a result, I began to download all the “Top Tier” Adam Sandler movies that I did not have in my archive hitherto, and I did not regret that decision.

I rate this movie 7.5/10.

2.) You Don’t Mess With The Zohan - 2008.

I once watched this movie around 2010 in one of those DVD collections where you have like 12 movies in a disk, usually packaged by the Alaba Market Boys in those days but I never knew this movie is very funny & intriguing, prolly because there was no subtitle in the previous one I watched.

John Turturro (Phantom) has always been dearest to my heart with his comic relief.

The scene where Mariah Carey sang the National Anthem, and where Phantom went to meet Mariah Carey in her dressing room are the the reason I so much love this movie. I must have watched those scenes more than 15 times.

I rate this movie 8.5/10

3.) Good Luck To You, Leo Grande - 2022.

I fell in love with Emma Thompson when I watched “Saving Mr. Banks - 2013” and then when I saw “Cruella - 2021”, my love and respect for her increased gidi-gan.

But when I read the plot of this movie, I was curious because I haven’t seen Emma Thompson having sex in any of her movies, besides, she’s an old woman.

You can now imagine my Immuno-Ecstatical-Enchantments mixed with about 3% disgust when I saw this woman flashing her “Vajuju” and doing all sorts of unimaginable sexual acrobatics in this movie.

Omo, the thing shock me die!

I no go lie. I am homophobic; But that guy (Daryl Mccormack) fine & clean die!

I rate this movie 8/10.

4.) The Great Dictator - 1940

This is the 3rd Best Adolf Hitler movie that I love beyond description.

I never knew that Charlie Chaplin was a genius.

This film SWEET DIE!

Benzino Napaloni made me love this movie. That guy Na complete craze man. I must have watched their argument scene about the invasion of Osterlich more than 20 times.

I rate this movie 10/10.

Notable Mentions:

1.) The Dictator - 2012: This is my all time best Sacha Baron Cohen movie. I love this film die.

Maroush, his ADC that was always opening his mouth in astonishment na craze man.

That Helicopter Tour Scene in New York with his friend “Nuclear Nadal” funny die!

2.) Just Go With It - 2011: This is my 2nd best Adam Sandler movie that I love like crazy, closely followed by “Anger Management - 2003”.

3.) No Strings Attached - 2011: Natalie Portman with her small yansh & puff-puff breast really got me electrified with this movie.

4.) Friends With Benefits - 2011: Someone here recommended this movie a few days ago and I must say I wasn’t disappointed at all. It is somewhat similar to “No Strings Attached” but I love it more than “No Strings Attached”.

5.) Hancock - 2008: I have watched a lot of Will Smith movies but this is the one I love the most. He did well in Enemy of the State, I-Robot, Focus, Gemini Man and others but Hancock is just too much.

I just can’t seem to get enough of that scene where that bullish boy “Michel” said “My father says you’re an asshole”.

Coupled with the immaculate beauty & demeanor of Charlize Theron, I just love this movie gidi-gan.

That’s all for tonight folks, cheers!
Have you seen hustle.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Saturnalia(m): 5:13am On Apr 29
Galapagous:

Have you seen hustle.

Yes I have, but I did not like it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 7:54am On Apr 29
phr0nesis:

grin grin
The same Djimon Hounsou wey shed convincing tears in even Gran Turismo suddenly turned to somebody that cannot differentiate between laughter and tears of sorrow. ZS do this one. 😄😄😄😄😄

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:39pm On Apr 29
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:07pm On Apr 29
abduleez1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjQG-a7d41Q?si=QEJB4S6CXept01aq
The live action remake they did in 2019 didn't even tap like that and now they are doing a remake/prequel to it that might not be significantly different?? Mann. I have never seen an obvious milking/cash grab scheme as this fgs.

The number of remakes in the last few years tho. Hollywood might actually be toast atm, either they have lost the chi to tell new stories or they have lost the juice, or quite possibly both 😩
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:09pm On Apr 29
Challengers 2024

Zendaya don dy add weight undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Artzdanielsz(m): 4:45pm On Apr 29
Hi everyone abeg who get the link of where I can download this movie

Chronicles of the ghostly tribe
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Miggs(m): 5:08pm On Apr 29
oyaskii:
The live action remake they did in 2019 didn't even tap like that and now they are doing a remake/prequel to it that might not be significantly different?? Mann. I have never seen an obvious milking/cash grab scheme as this fgs.

The number of remakes in the last few years tho. Hollywood might actually be toast atm, either they have lost the chi to tell new stories or they have lost the juice, or quite possibly both 😩

What are you on about?

The 2019 Lion King remake received a mixed reception from critics but it was a commercial hit.

It made one point six billion US dollars at the box office making it the most successful animated film ever.

This new film will also be a hit because the Lion King franchise is a money spinner.

Hollywood is a business and will continue to do whatever it wants to do with the franchises it owns despite what Oyaskii or anyone else thinks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:31pm On Apr 29
Miggs:

What are you on about?

The 2019 Lion King remake received a mixed reception from critics but it was a commercial hit.

D fuq is my business if it was a commercial hit or not? Do i own Disney?. You saying it was a mixed reception from critics proves my "it didn't tap like that" line. Anthropomorphism works well only in animation, translating that to live action doesn't really flow cohesively, the lack of proper facial expressions and emotions makes one quickly detached from the story.

It made one point six billion US dollars at the box office making it the most successful animated film ever.
Again good news to Disney, as this doesn't affect me...does it 🤷🏿‍♂️

This new film will also be a hit because the Lion King franchise is a money spinner.

Proves my point again that it is a milking/money cash grab scheme, so when it comes out, feel free to give see it in IMAX and get them to another $1.6bn 🚀🚀

Hollywood is a business and will continue to do whatever it wants to do with the franchises it owns despite what Oyaskii or anyone else thinks.
That one na their papa business, if they like, they should remake every franchise ever made, a plus for them, as they have dolt like you to egg them on....as for me...i know better 👍🏿

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Teenwolf(m): 7:40pm On Apr 29
oyaskii:

Rubbish, if u no wan watch the movie is not by force

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jikins(m): 9:08pm On Apr 29
oyaskii:

D fuq is my business if it was a commercial hit or not? Do i own Disney?. You saying it was a mixed reception from critics proves my "it didn't tap like that" line. Anthropomorphism works well only in animation, translating that to live action doesn't really flow cohesively, the lack of proper facial expressions and emotions makes one quickly detached from the story.

Again good news to Disney, as this doesn't affect me...does it 🤷🏿‍♂️

Proves my point again that it is a milking/money cash grab scheme, so when it comes out, feel free to give see it in IMAX and get them to another $1.6bn 🚀🚀

That one na their papa business, if they like, they should remake every franchise ever made, a plus for them, as they have dolt like you to egg them on....as for me...i know better 👍🏿

The fact is it made that amount means it clearly "tap" (whatever that means) for alot of people thats the point he is making I believe.

Yes its a cash grab, in the end every studio is out to make money. They aren't charity organisations. They have seen it resonated with so many people that they spent hard for it. Why won't they do another 1? Because certain critics didn't like it? Or because you didn't like it?

If it didn't make money they won't be doing another 1. In the end thats the goal of them putting out these movies. As long as a franchise keeps on delivery in that regards even if it gets 0% on rotten tomatoes, they will still do more. Nor be critics review them 1 chop. Imagine if black Adam made 1.6mil you think WB go allow James Gunn throwaway the character?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 10:17pm On Apr 29
Papadoh:

Oh, I just remembered that I never even bothered to finish this movie🤣🤣
same problem I'm having with rebel moon .. saw it till one hr mark and since then, I've been finding it hard to go back to the movie..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by starbuck(f): 7:06am On Apr 30
Earthquake underground abi Underground earthquake 😏😏😏
What sort of rubbish movie was that
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:37pm On Apr 30
oyaskii:

Disney is in remake and fulls scale cash grab galore era. Disney's original animation movies continuing to either underperform or outright flop at the box office is definitely gonna ensure they rely on old franchises. Even recent franchises ain't even spared with the upcoming Moana 2 and a live action remake of the same film with Dwayne Johnson.

So man, brace up cos Disney is going to pump these real hard henceforth.
Universal and DreamWorks have essentially beaten Disney in the animation game since COVID and keeps winning with Mouse House faltering.

Then there's

And as far as audiences keep supporting these movies making more money and more relevance than Original content, then traditional studios would definitely keep this up. Everyone wants money and audiences just cry about unoriginal regurgitated content without putting their money where their mouth is.

The only way out is plundering other media like biopics, books, games and plays but it's still in the "adapted field" without being truly "original".

Even when some filmmakers go through extreme pain to bring out "original films", there's always some wailers in the background to say "I've seen this somewhere before, so nothing new", "it's a copy of Mr Ripley", "it's awards bait" etc.

Either these or to pray for more studios like A24 & NEON.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 2:38pm On Apr 30
Stumbled on this

Original voldemort concept

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:55pm On Apr 30
abduleez1:

Disney is in remake and fulls scale cash grab galore era. Disney's original animation movies continuing to either underperform or outright flop at the box office is definitely gonna ensure they rely on old franchises. Even recent franchises ain't even spared with the upcoming Moana 2 and a live action remake of the same film with Dwayne Johnson.

So man, brace up cos Disney is going to pump these real hard henceforth.
Universal and DreamWorks have essentially beaten Disney in the animation game since COVID and keeps winning with Mouse House faltering.

Then there's

And as far as audiences keep supporting these movies making more money and more relevance than Original content, then traditional studios would definitely keep this up. Everyone wants money and audiences just cry about unoriginal regurgitated content without putting their money where their mouth is.

The only way out is plundering other media like biopics, books, games and plays but it's still in the "adapted field" without being truly "original".

Even when some filmmakers go through extreme pain to bring out "original films", there's always some wailers in the background to say "I've seen this somewhere before, so nothing new", "it's a copy of Mr Ripley", "it's awards bait" etc.

Either these or to pray for more studios like A24 & NEON.
Seems fair i guess.

Which brings me to a question, probably a general question for the thread. Has Hollywood really ran out of stories? Is it even possible? Like any form of idea now, has existed before because, i have books in my library with ideas, i haven't seen in films, albiet to the best of my knowledge but then again, taking the last 2 "big movies" to drop in the recent while, "Monkey Man" (2024) was been dubbed as Dev Patel Indie debut, but it has almost a near perfect similarities to the John Wick franchise and Dune 2, was also based on an existing IP.

Like the best bet would be that even if a new movie is based on an existing IP, it should be done well and devoid of any extreme woke changes to make it suite today's audience.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 4:21pm On Apr 30
oyaskii:
Seems fair i guess.

Which brings me to a question, probably a general question for the thread. Has Hollywood really ran out of stories? Is it even possible? Like any form of idea now, has existed before because, i have books in my library with ideas, i haven't seen in films, albiet to the best of my knowledge but then again, taking the last 2 "big movies" to drop in the recent while, "Monkey Man" (2024) was been dubbed as Dev Patel Indie debut, but it has almost a near perfect similarities to the John Wick franchise and Dune 2, was also based on an existing IP.

Like the best bet would be that even if a new movie is based on an existing IP, it should be done well and devoid of any extreme woke changes to make it suite today's audience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melancholy_Elephants

I think I have discussed this previously.

There are very few stories that have not been told

If you were to spirit some dude from the early 1900s,he might even recognise the plot from some movies today

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:05pm On Apr 30
GloriousGbola:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melancholy_Elephants

I think I have discussed this previously.

There are very few stories that have not been told

If you were to spirit some dude from the early 1900s,he might even recognise the plot from some movies today
I think with recent box office failings, Prod companies are less willing to adapt fresh stories of books or original IP altogether, thier best best is to play it safe by constantly remaking thier successful franchise as it resonates more with the audience.

Because my favorite author, Dean Koontz literally has a plathora of horror, physiological thrillers since the 80's , and only a handful have been adapted into screenplays and they aren't even the good one's.

One of my fave read of him, his a book he released way back, that tells of a story about a
boy named Barthy on a destiny collision course with a sociopathic killer named Junior. It is such a fascinating read, that i constantly go back to it. It will totally bang as a movie but yet these people are slacking.

1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 5:37pm On Apr 30
oyaskii:
I think with recent box office failings, Prod companies are less willing to adapt fresh stories of books or original IP altogether, thier best best is to play it safe by constantly remaking thier successful franchise as it resonates more with the audience.

Because my favorite author, Dean Koontz literally has a plathora of horror, physiological thrillers since the 80's , and only a handful have been adapted into screenplays and they aren't even the good one's.

One of my fave read of him, his a book he released way back, that tells of a story about a
boy named Barthy on a destiny collision course with a sociopathic killer named Junior. It is such a fascinating read, that i constantly go back to it. It will totally bang as a movie but yet these people are slacking.

unfortunately dean r koontz never quite conquered hollywood like stephen king did
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:52pm On Apr 30
GloriousGbola:

unfortunately dean r koontz never quite conquered hollywood like stephen king did
Saying this unflinching bias 👀😅, Dean Koontz is the superior writer. I will sooner finish 3 Dean Koontz's books than get to the middle of a Stephen King's Book 😩.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30
oyaskii:
Seems fair i guess.

For me I think there's very little "fresh" idea anyone can come up with that hasn't been thought up or done somewhere in one corner of the earth.
We've reached a stage where there's nothing new.

So adapting great existing IP is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:55pm On Apr 30
oyaskii:

The ending was CRAZY!! I still have this book somewhere in my house. I don't know where I dropped it.

Dean Koontz and Stephen King are my all time favorite American writers. I won't say Mr Koontz is the superior writer. I'd argue they both have their unique writing styles, with Mr King focusing on the character development of his subjects, while Koontz is sort of preachier than King.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:58pm On Apr 30
GloriousGbola:

That's because Koontz always wanted more creative control than King over the adaptation of his books. Koontz said handing over total control to Hollywood writers was like handing over his baby to cannibals to devour. He just couldn't do it

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3827) (3828) (3829) (3830) (3831) (3832) (3833) ... (3839) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Illusioneffect(m), DieRich5, Methane04 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.