Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1699) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3745084 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Olodo24: 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2019
troubleseller:
I cancelled Greta and the list is not in an order. What do you mean by Tarantino's work are the same?
it's usually the same noisy violent. Same tone. From Iglorious Bastards to Django Unchained, The Hateful Eight and now... Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Lemme not even talk about Kill Bill.

Watch these films and see how they all appear to be the same. Don't get me wrong, Tarantino is one hell of a director. He's so good but his resume isn't so diverse one bit. Fincher and even Chazelle has shown more diversity.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Alfonso Cuaron, Alejandro G Innaruti (don't know if I spelt if right), etc
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 21, 2019
troubleseller:

My Top Ten

[s]Quentin Tarantino

Christopher Nolan

David Fincher

Alex Garland

Damien Chazelle

Wes Anderson

Richard Linklater

Alejandro Innharitu

P.T Anderson
[/s]
and maybe Greta Gerwig

. Nah. Denis Vileneuve. Didn't even know he directed Prisoners.
what is a top 10 without Russo brother and other marvel directors angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kongolo(m): 10:11pm On Oct 21, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Bruh, like Beorn said, Oscar na Oscar. What about DiCaprio that won an Oscar for a role where he barely talked, while he got snubbed in The Wolf of Wall Street, The Great Gatsby, The Departed, et al? Pretty certain Joaquin Phoenix will be the happiest man in the world if he snagged an Oscar for the Joker role. Don't cry more than bereaved.
It would have been a disgrace if DiCaprio had won an Oscar for that hot mess of a moviecalled The wolf of wall street,there was nothing special about The Great Gatsby and The Departed was a borefest.Joaquin will not be handed an Oscar for portraying a comic book character.Bookmark this post if you wish
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2019
kongolo:
It would have been a disgrace if DiCaprio had won an Oscar for that hot mess of a moviecalled The wolf of wall street,there was nothing special about The Great Gatsby and The Departed was a borefest.Joaquin will not be handed an Oscar for portraying a comic book character.Bookmark this post if you wish

O-kay.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2019
kongolo:
[s]As a true and authentic fan of various works of Joaquin Phoenix,I believe without a shred of doubt, it will be an absolute and utter disgrace if he wins an Oscar for playing a comic book character while he never received thesame recognition for his works in The Master and Her[/s].
Heath Ledgers Oscar was handed to him based on sentimentality due to his death and nothing else.I personally loathe his cartooney portrayal of Joker
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
kongolo:
[s]I find it absolutely demeaning Joaquin Phoenix is being considered for an Oscar by portraying a comicbook character.The Gods forbid if he does win any sort of prestigious award for the role I will be done with him[/s]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kongolo(m): 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
Beorn:

If JP wins an Oscar for Joker portrayal, he won't be the first or the last actor who has put up memorable performances in the past deserving of an Oscar only to lose out but later won for a lesser acting performance. Leo Di Caprio had over the years been denied of an Oscar before finally getting with an act that wasn't his finest. Denzel Washington had more memorable performances than Training Day that got him an Oscar, but he had to act as a crooked cop in one of his average performances to win an Oscar. So, it's no big deal. It doesn't matter what he was portraying or whether he'd done better in the past, if JP wins Oscar for Joker, nobody will find it ridiculous.
Joaquin Phoenix will not have his impeccable record dented by winning an Oscar for playing a comic book character
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

What's your opinion as regards to the ending. Do you think Loki went to the sound, or walked away?
Well, I haven't seen it again since I first saw it but if I remember well, Loki was the detective and in that scene it didn't look like he was going to locate where the noise was coming from. I forget parts of the movie but one thing I can remeber is Hugh Jackman's perfomance. Perhaps his finest before Logan.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
Progenix:

[s]Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Rises, Dunkirk)

James Wan (The Conjuring, The Conjuring 2, Aquaman)
[/s]
Russo Brothers (Captain America: Civil War, Infinity War, Endgame)

Ryan Coogler (Creed, Creed 2, Black Panther)

[s]Denis Villeneuve (Blade Runner 2049)

David Fincher (The girl with the dragon tatoo)

Adam McKay (Vice)

Bradley Cooper (A Star is Born)

Michael Bay (13 hours, Transformers: The Last Knight, Bumblebee)

Jon M. Chu (Crazy Rich Asians)[/s]

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 21, 2019
Progenix:

Lol I'm NOT a DC fanboy. I DO ENJOY Marvel Movies. I love both but DC more. I'm more vocal supporting DC makes me come off as DC fanboy but I like marvel, mainly cos of annoying marvel fanboys.
DC fanboy undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kongolo(m): 10:18pm On Oct 21, 2019
Beorn:

LOL @getting done with him. It wont dent his record if you get done with him, as if that matters anyway. I can wager you'd still watch future JP movies if he cops an Oscar for Joker role.
I am serious.The Gods will not let such a calamity to occur
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
troubleseller:
Well, I haven't seen it again since I first saw it but if I remember well, Loki was the detective and in that scene it didn't look like he was going to locate where the noise was coming from. I forget parts of the movie but one thing I can remeber is Hugh Jackman's perfomance. Perhaps his finest before Logan.

Loki looked towards the direction the whistle was coming from. I like to think he saved him.

Yeah, Jackman was phenomenal. He has always been an elite talent.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
kongolo:
Joaquin Phoenix will not have his impeccable record dented by winning an Oscar for playing a comic book character

The only record of his that'd be dented for winning an Oscar playing a comic role is the imaginary one we don't know about, the one everyone knows about will be elevated the more if he grabs an Oscar for his Joker role.

You're the only human I've seen saying winning an Oscar legitimately dents an actor's record. SMH.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kongolo(m): 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
Olodo24:
this. The Wolf of Wall Street should have easily been Dicaprio's moment Phoenix should win. He has waited long enough. Even Rami Malek has an Oscar already and Adam Driver is said to be Phoenix's biggest competition at the moment. Phoenix needs to win the damn thing already
@Bolded NO!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
Beorn:

The only record of his that'd be dented for winning an Oscar playing a comic role is the imaginary one we don't know about, the one everyone knows about will be elevated the more if he grabs an Oscar for his Joker role.

You're the only human I've seen saying winning an Oscar legitimately dents an actor's record. SMH.

He's trolling you. I can see it a while away.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Progenix: 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2019
kongolo:

OKAY grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
Olodo24:
it's usually the same noisy violent. Same tone. From Iglorious Bastards to Django Unchained, The Hateful Eight and now... Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Lemme not even talk about Kill Bill.

Watch these films and see how they all appear to be the same. Don't get me wrong, Tarantino is one hell of a director. He's so good but his resume isn't so diverse one bit. Fincher and even Chazelle has shown more diversity.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Alfonso Cuaron, Alejandro G Innaruti (don't know if I spelt if right), etc
Diversity does not factor for me. How the story is told is more important. Take Guy Ritchie for example. I was reading an article or a reddit post where the person was complaining that his characters were similar but to me it doesn't matter as far as the stories are well told then I'm in and I listed Inharittu. I've not really gotten into Cuarom for an unknown reason.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Progenix: 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
[quote author=hulk616 post=83348055][/quote]

U don dey craze
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kongolo(m): 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

He's trolling you I can see it a while away.
@Bolded Kaycee7 also says that alot.Are you Kaycee7?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

He's trolling you. I can see it a while away.
Just realizing it now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Olodo24: 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
kongolo:
@Bolded NO!!
why? He was better than the eventual winner that year, Matthew. Chiwetel didn't go in with much hype. Bruce Dern and Christian Bale were filler nominees who weren't competitive for the win. Dicaprio was obviously a runner up that year and I liked his performance.

The Great Gatsby was disastrous though
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2019
kongolo:
@Bolded Kaycee7 also says that alot.Are you Kaycee7?

Sane minds tend to reason alike.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Olodo24: 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2019
troubleseller:
Diversity does not factor for me. How the story is told is more important. Take Guy Ritchie for example. I was reading an article or a reddit post where the person was complaining that his characters were similar but to me it doesn't matter as far as the stories are well told then I'm in and I listed Inharittu. I've not really gotten into Cuarom for an unknown reason.
Ok. It's fine then. Do you know if Once Upon a time in Hollywood is out for free download?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kongolo(m): 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2019
Beorn:

Al Pacino winning an Oscar for Scent of a Woman was viewed by many as a step down for him.Same happened to Jack Nicholson for As Good as it Gets and Russell Crowe for Gladiator
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
Olodo24:
Ok. It's fine then. Do you know if Once Upon a time in Hollywood is out for free download?
Don't know. Not sure.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
hulk616:
what is a top 10 without Russo brother and other marvel directors angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Olodo24: 10:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
troubleseller:
Don't know. Not sure.
thanks. Hope it comes out soon
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kongolo(m): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2019
Olodo24:
why? He was better than the eventual winner that year, Matthew. Chiwetel didn't go in with much hype. Bruce Dern and Christian Bale were filler nominees who weren't competitive for the win. Dicaprio was obviously a runner up that year and I liked his performance.

The Great Gatsby was disastrous though
Chiwetel Ejiofor should have won it.He gave a restrained and dignified performance but Matthew won it because of his hoo-hah performance in Dallas Buyers Club.I found Leo's performance embarassing and beneath him.The wolf of wall street is an overly long mess with many improvised lines especially in scenes with Leo and Jonah Hill.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Progenix: 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2019
[quote author=troubleseller post=83348435][/quote]

The guy na dum dum
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Olodo24: 10:47pm On Oct 21, 2019
Netnaija has uploaded Joker. I go save that 2k now. Thank God

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Olodo24: 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
kongolo:
Chiwetel Ejiofor should have won it.He gave a restrained and dignified performance but Matthew won it because of his hoo-hah performance in Dallas Buyers Club.I found Leo's performance embarassing and beneath him.The wolf of wall street is an overly long mess with many improvised lines especially in scenes with Leo and Jonah Hill.
Ejiofor had the performance but very little hype. Even his BAFTA win couldn't change a thing. Oscar isn't just about the performance...especially in this age. It has a lot to do with narrative, campaign and race too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iSufferFools: 10:55pm On Oct 21, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Poor souls. If only they know what they're missing. cry
em, some peeps would agree eating fried stuff can be harmful to your health.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.