Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,947 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2084) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3763232 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) ... (3838) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
Beorn:

Bloodshot is not drama. It's Action and Sci-fi and sci-fi are not realistic. But what ruined it is wack storyline. Minority Report is action and sci-fi but an innovative plot. So, I don't see why action can't have a dope plot. I have no problem with actions having no solid plot, all I'm saying is, I won't give Extraction a very high rating based on the actions alone.

7/10 is not a bad rating for it, but I don't think I'll give Extraction anything more than 6.5/10

Well, not trying to push things forward, after all, it's your opinion & you're sure entitled to one.
About the Drama, it's on IMDb listing.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
whitelotus:

Extraction had the following
-action
-gore
-good cinematography
-suspense (nail-biting escapes by thor and the boy)
boy)
-God acting by Hemsworth

How does gore make a movie very good? Haven't you seen movies with more gore than sensible plots and ended being universally condemned?

Cinematography is on point. I agree. But I don't know where the suspense came from. I for one was never in suspense having seen the intro and knowing what was probably going to play out in the end.

God acting? Lol. Clive Owen gave me better action in Shoot 'Em Up and wasn't said to have reach god acting level. Unless you mean good acting which I agree that Chris delivered in his role.

Don't get me wrong, Extraction is a good movie, but it's nothing really very special that really kept me at the edge of my seat or left me wowing.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:56pm On Apr 26, 2020
mekaprime:

Well, not trying to push things forward, after all, it's your opinion & you're sure entitled to one.
About the Drama, it's on IMDb listing.

I'm really shocked that IMdb categorized Bloodshot under drama. WTF? Maybe I don't know what drama means again.

The Great Debaters and Mudbound are classic examples of drama movies, I wonder what they have in common with Bloodshot that's action, sci-fi and superhero genre.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2020
Beorn:

How does gore make a movie very good? Haven't you seen movies with more gore than sensible plots and ended being universally condemned?

Cinematography is on point. I agree. But I don't know where the suspense came from. I for one was never in suspense having seen the intro and knowing what was probably going to play out in the end.

God acting? Lol. Clive Owen gave me better action in Shoot 'Em Up and wasn't said to have reach god acting level. Unless you mean good acting which I agree that Chris delivered in his role.

Don't get me wrong, Extraction is a good movie, but it's nothing really very special that really kept me at the edge of my seat or left me wowing.

Good acting. It was a typo. I meant "good acting".

There was suspense. The car chase. The building fight and chase scenes. Come on...dont be a hater.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2020
Beorn:

I'm really shocked that IMdb categorized Bloodshot under drama. WTF? Maybe I don't know what drama means again.

The Great Debaters and Mudbound are classic examples of drama movies, I wonder what they have in common with Bloodshot that's action, sci-fi and superhero genre.

IMDB is suffering from coronavirus. Bloodshot has nothing to do with drama
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 10:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Despite all these, no country has done better.

You have a lot of reading to do. Stop wearing start spangled glasses. America is no liberator

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
whitelotus:

Good acting. It was a typo. I meant "good acting".

There was suspense. The car chase. The building fight and chase scenes. Come on...dont be a hater.

Lol. I'm not a hater. The hype on his thread and on my WhatsApp status was too much that I thought I had another Saving Private Ryan on my hands. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
whitelotus:

You have a lot of reading to do. Stop wearing start spangled glasses. America is no liberator

And you would have probably had written this from a bunker had Hitler won the war.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
whitelotus:

IMDB is suffering from coronavirus. Bloodshot has nothing to do with drama

Thank you o. I thought I was insane. Drama and sci-fi plus action plus superhero doesn't go hand-in-hand sef.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
CsRockefeller:

And you would have probably had written this from a bunker had Hitler won the war.

Hitler was always doomed to fail

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fixednaijablog1: 10:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
Watch and kindly subscribe to my youtube channel for more videos @ Fixednaija TV.

Nollywood Actor disclose reasons why girls should pay guys for dis virgin them ⬇⬇⬇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgHIbjjnLJM

Read More News Below ⬇⬇⬇

https://fixednaijablog.com/gossip/keep-your-wife-o-e-get-reasons-fan-warn-ned-nwoko-as-he-meet-wizkid/
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
whitelotus:

Hitler was always doomed to fail

You say that because of the benefit of hindsight.

Those Jews between 1939 to 1945 I'm sure wouldnt think so.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
Beorn:

Lolz.. Before i see a movie, I get myself acquainted with it's genres.
I did same for Bloodshot, i was cognizant of its genres as categorized by IMDb before seeing the movie, but after seeing it, i was confused, cause the Drama wasn't there. So, i attributed it's wacky plot to the absence of the Drama genre.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by henrydadon(m): 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
This scene was the shit

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 10:53pm On Apr 26, 2020
MJBOLT:
are you sure you even watched that movie because it was revealed that agent carter is the great aunt of agent 13(sharon).na wa o undecided

Slight dig there. One point for you.

Where was it revealed? All I heard is Aunt.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 10:54pm On Apr 26, 2020
hulk618:
her niece is in her 30s angry get your facts right
Do you know her siblings ages? angry
Agent Carter 70 years old brother can have a 30 years old daughter. angry

This is why we need high level thinkers, the world is suffering angry

You are just all over the place with your explanation.

see mjbolt for some pointers.

slight dig from me tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
It is not surprising.Nigerians generally gravitate towards movies with lots of action sequences and little plot which is basically what Extraction is

Not only Nigerians, am sure you know that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2020
DandeNumereuno:

Shooting Dogs is grittier, but Hotel Rwanda's take on the genocide is more compelling.

What about "Sometimes in April"?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by droplus: 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
I need an epic series like the game of throne, who can recommend one for me.

I saw this compilation on YouTube, is not a movie though! just to keep you up to date

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyHuNo7ddzZxFtw0_jwAxw?sub_confirmation=1

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
Extraction 3/10

Most shitty movie I've seen in a long time.

You don't get to just shooting in movies with story of zero sense.

So the state - na city dey call it sef, has no governor and law. One asshole just shut down the whole city just to recapture a boy he kidnapped. Son of a convicted felon. So many annoying scenes in the movie.

I guess they only wanted to show us how dirty n disorganize a place in India looks.

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 12:17am On Apr 27, 2020
Seunpaul01:
Extraction 3/10

So the state - na city dey call it sef, has no governor and law. One asshole just shut down the whole city just to recapture a boy he kidnapped. Son of a convicted felon. So many annoying scenes in the movie.

I guess they only wanted to show us how dirty n disorganize a place in India looks.

grin
I like this guy.

Zero chills. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 1:08am On Apr 27, 2020
Four40:
Extraction: (10/10)

Boy am I wowed by this masterpiece, Chrishemsworth did an exceptional job in this movie. It's a must watch for everyone.

PS: This goes out to troubleseller "no matter how badass you are, there's always a badass bigger than you"

Bruh??

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 1:25am On Apr 27, 2020
Seunpaul01:
Extraction 3/10

I will not bite on this troll bait!

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 1:32am On Apr 27, 2020
Hitman: Agent Jun (Korean) 9/10.

I had to suppress my laughter when I watched it cos it was midnight.

Action plus comedy. It's not something you could guess like extraction.

I need to add few Korean movies to my list. Anybody care to help me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:29am On Apr 27, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Lol is that a Nigerian movie?

Nope. It's American.

It's the two part movie(2nd part) for Flags of Our Fathers narrating the World War 2 from a Japanese point of view.

Flags of Our Fathers was the American viewpoint.

If you're familiar with Japanese you would have known from the name.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:54am On Apr 27, 2020
Seunpaul01:
Extraction 3/10

If Extraction is 3/10, what then will you give Bloodshot? Bloodshot would be -3/10.

He didn't shot down the entire city, the movie was about an area in the city controlled by the drug lord. The entire city or state wasn't in play. Have you seen an area of a city being controlled by drug lords in real life? Those drug lords have the police in their pockets and the governors can't do shît. Go watch Narcos and other drug related series or movies. Besides, the movie is fiction, don't expect such to happen in reality.

And it wasn't him alone. He had sidekicks that helped him. Even recruited the chief security of the drug lord he went to extract his son. The movie is not perfect but 3/10 is an overkill. If we scrutinize the movies you've given 9/10, we end up trashing them.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:56am On Apr 27, 2020
CsRockefeller:

You say that because of the benefit of hindsight.

Those Jews between 1939 to 1945 I'm sure wouldnt think so.

LMAO, seems you've been captured by the American propaganda and hypnotization programme. I think you might want to change that word 'Savior' to EXPLOITER. Seems you are hooked by the American media — CNN, MSNBC, Fox etc.

The same US that caused this terrorism shit_ the world is facing now. With their supposed Iraqi WMD's. Fun fact is the Present Saudi Crown Prince said in an interview few years ago that USA asked them to promote radical wahabism around the region(and the world), but no major American media train eg BBC CNN etc didn't air that interview, it was swept under the carpet like it never happened including other big Western media, only Al Jazeera I think picked it up. This same trigger happy media that loves reporting propaganda narratives.

The Yankees help only when it's beneficial. Same way this peeps are panicking shitless when they hear for the first time China is ahead of them in a major future Tech— 5G. That's why they slam Huawei with stupid bans and begging NATO allies to refuse their tech, funny thing is they(US) are behind schedule. Screaming blue murder— "Huawei is a national security risk". cheesy

The people I might be calling the TRUE SAVIOR this Century might be China. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 8:38am On Apr 27, 2020
Beorn:

If Extraction is 3/10, what then will you give Bloodshot? Bloodshot would be -3/10.

He didn't shot down the entire city, the movie was about an area in the city controlled by the drug lord. The entire city or state wasn't in play. Have you seen an area of a city being controlled by drug lords in real life? Those drug lords have the police in their pockets and the governors can't do shît. Go watch Narcos and other drug related series or movies. Besides, the movie is fiction, don't expect such to happen in reality.

And it wasn't him alone. He had sidekicks that helped him. Even recruited the chief security of the drug lord he went to extract his son. The movie is not perfect but 3/10 is an overkill. If we scrutinize the movies you've given 9/10, we end up trashing them.

Bros, thanks for this service.

I was too weak yesterday to reply that comment. Was the guy trying to troll or what? 3/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 8:40am On Apr 27, 2020
abduleez1:

The people I might be calling the TRUE SAVIOR this Century might be China. grin

Are you serious? You are replacing one selfish and powerful country for the other.

China is another greedy country

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:01am On Apr 27, 2020
whitelotus:

Are you serious? You are replacing one selfish and powerful country for the other.

China is another greedy country

LMAO.... It's a thing amongst the Big 5. None of em' are exempted.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2020
Latest addition ➕

Another one for laughs, this comedy I have been wanting to see for myself kiss

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumereuno: 9:55am On Apr 27, 2020
CsRockefeller:

What about "Sometimes in April"?
Doesn't ring a bell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) ... (3838) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: joseph1832(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.