Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2083) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3753090 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) (2086) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Fury
7/10

I am begining to think that being an American comes with a default of Bravery.

The Americans have sacrificed a lot for world peace

The bolded is nothing but propaganda by the American media.

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
Captain America Civil War - 10/10

Wakanda fights are these Best in the whole MCU hands down.

Wanda v Vision? I suspect she is farrrrrr stronger than him.

Stan Lee is a clown grin

Peter Parker is a confirmed clown.

Uncle Steve Rogers, dem take that family swear for you?
He dated Aunty, and now he is kissing the Niece.

Question: That lady is awfully young to be a niece to Agent Carter. Anyone care to explain? Hulk616 hulk617 hulk618, etc tongue

submission: Captain America is too idealistic to function in a normal world.

An excellent watch.

On to the next!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumereuno: 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2020
Extraction (2020).....5/10

Action without substance is directly proportional to shit.

Thunder fire anyone that will quote me.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:32pm On Apr 26, 2020
from marvel studios,only black widow is scheduled for release this year,eternals was pushed till next year,sony pushed venom till next year also.

mekaprime:

Lolz...Wait for it, they're are sure coming for your head.

With the way am seeing it & the way this pandemic is ravaging America, aside the final season of Marvel's Agents of Shield, am not sure Marvel is going to release any of those movie this year. There is a huge possibility that all those movies slated for this year might be pushed to next year.

As far as am concerned, popular streaming services like Netflix are the ones who would cash out & continue cashing out big time this year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bunmijinmi: 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
DandeNumereuno:

Shooting Dogs is grittier, but Hotel Rwanda's take on the genocide is more compelling.

Shooting dogs and beyond the gates are the same film with different titles. It was release in America as beyond the gates.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumereuno: 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
bunmijinmi:

Shooting dogs and beyond the gates are the same film with different titles. It was release in America as beyond the gates.

I was talking about Beyond The Gate, nigga. I knew it as Shooting Dogs. It's grittier but less compelling than Hotel Rwanda.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
DrDax:
Captain America Civil War - 10/10

Wakanda fights are these Best in the whole MCU hands down.

Wanda v Vision? I suspect she is farrrrrr stronger than him.

Stan Lee is a clown grin

Peter Parker is a confirmed clown.

Uncle Steve Rogers, dem take that family swear for you?
He dated Aunty, and now he is kissing the Niece.

Question: That lady is awfully young to be a niece to Agent Carter. Anyone care to explain? Hulk616 hulk617 hulk618, etc tongue

submission: Captain America is too idealistic to function in a normal world.

An excellent watch.

On to the next!

I can see the high level thinking behind this post.

How is she too young? Do you know the ages of her(Steve girlfriend) siblings? angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
DandeNumereuno:

Believe American media propaganda machine at your peril.

Nah!! The facts are there, its no propaganda. Yes, there might be economic interest here and there but they have contributed a lot, especially human capital to ensure that the world is relatively peaceful.

Cc: Mekaprime
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2020
DandeNumereuno:

only high level thinkers like me can see the substance in this masterpiece. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:38pm On Apr 26, 2020
DandeNumereuno:

Lol. The people need a spectacle, and they will take whatever u give them.

Its been an uneventful year, we can pardon the viewers.

Note: I havent seen it yet.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Lol. The people need a spectacle, and they will take whatever u give them.

Its been an uneventful year, we can pardon the viewers.

Note: I havent seen it yet.
and you are always supporting him angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
Extraction 6/10.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
Been rewatching some of Tarantino's movies.

Reservoir_Dogs and Pulp Fiction are two badass movies. Dialogues are top notch
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2020
hulk618:
I can see the high level thinking behind this post.

How is she too young? Do you know the ages of her(Steve girlfriend) siblings? angry

Oga Marvel,

Agent carter died at 95+

Her niece looks 20-ish.

Plot hole the size of Alimosho grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
are you sure you even watched that movie because it was revealed that agent carter is the great aunt of agent 13(sharon).na wa o undecided

DrDax:

Oga Marvel,

Agent carter died at 95+

Her niece looks 20-ish.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
DrDax:

Oga Marvel,

Agent carter died at 95+

Her niece looks 20-ish.

her niece is in her 30s angry get your facts right
Do you know her siblings ages? angry
Agent Carter 70 years old brother can have a 30 years old daughter. angry

This is why we need high level thinkers, the world is suffering angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
Beorn:
Extraction 6/10.
angry angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
hulk618:
angry angry

The movie had good action scenes but the storyline wasn't quiet catchy, it was basic. Still a good watch and I recommend it for everyone that loves action movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Nah!! The facts are there, its no propaganda. Yes, there might be economic interest here and there but they have contributed a lot, especially human capital to ensure that the world is relatively peaceful.

Yeah, they've sacrificed a lot, but trust me, beneath some or a substantial amount of those sacrifice, there is an ulterior motive.

Or you think they'll be willing to risk their human capital just like that, as an act of goodwill?.
My good man, even in Freetown, nothing is free. Once they're sure they ain't getting nothing from you, they turn a blind eye to your woe.

-Where were they during the Cambodian genocide?
-Where were they when the Sudanese government were killing the people of Darfur?
-Where were they during the Rwanda genocide?
Funny enough, during the uproar, unrest & chaos in Libya, they chose not to turn a blind eye, why was that?
Spoiler!! ...Libya oil reserves are the largest in Africa & the amongst the 10 largest in the world.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2020
Beorn:

The movie had good action scenes but the storyline wasn't quiet catchy, it was basic. Still a good watch and I recommend it for everyone that loves action movies.
good should be 9.6-10/10 angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2020
Beorn:

You are looking for storylines in that kind of action movie? Lol

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
CsRockefeller:

America only fights in wars that can benefit them in the long run.

I have more hope in NATO peacekeeping which is toothless at times.

Let me take you back to World War 2. America did not care about Hitler until Pearl Harbour. That is, until they were attacked. America rejected a ship of Jewish refugees, which was eventually sent back to Europe and many of the Jewish people died.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
whitelotus:

You are looking for storylines in that kind of action movie? Lol

I didn't set out to look for anything in particular. I just watched and rated it based on the action scenes, but since it faltered on the storyline, I'm not gonna rate it 9/10 like many people are doing.

It's a good action movie but that's it. Action movies and good storylines are not mutually exclusive. Bloodshot had good action but bland storyline and got criticized.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
Beorn:

I didn't set out to look for anything in particular. I just watched and rated it based on the action scenes, but since it faltered on the storyline, I'm not gonna rate it 9/10 like many people are doing.

It's a good action movie but that's it. Action movies and good storylines are not mutually exclusive. Bloodshot had good action but bland storyline and got criticized.

Bloodshot did not have good action. Only 2 good action scenes. The first one in the tunnel and the elevator scene. Bloodshot had poor cinematography, poor acting and shitty dialogue. That is not a film.

Extraction had action. It had proper hand to hand combat action. It had bullets flying everywhere. It had cinematography- see the aerial shots of india/Bangladesh.

The plot was simple. I prefer a simple plot to a convoluted or plot-hole ridden plot. Simple does not mean bad. The movie should be a 7/10

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
Beorn:

Am currently seeing it now & so far so good, it's basically all action & very little plot . I'd probably give it a 7 or higher for staying true to it's genre, which was just Action.

Same can't be said about Bloodshot. Bloodshot had about 3(Action, Drama & Sci-fi) genres but only ended up delivering weakly on just on 2 of em' while totally ignoring the most important.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
whitelotus:

Bloodshot did not have good action. Only 2 good action scenes. The first one in the tunnel and the elevator scene. Bloodshot had poor cinematography, poor acting and shitty dialogue. That is not a film.

Extraction had action. It had proper hand to hand combat action. It had bullets flying everywhere. It had cinematography- see the aerial shots of india/Bangladesh.

The plot was simple. I prefer a simple plot to a convoluted or plot-hole ridden plot. Simple does not mean bad. The movie should be a 7/10

7/10 for bloodshot right?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
whitelotus:

Bloodshot had more than 2 good action scenes to me. Our choices differ. The action scenes were okay but the storyline wasted on poor uninspiring script that lacked solid idea.

Shitty dialogue? So, did Extraction have great dialogue? I can't seem to remember any great dialogue in Extraction other than the normal dialogue.

I didn't insinuate that simple is bad or that convuluted story is better. This is not a psychological thriller. Both Bloodshot and Extraction had simple plots. Extraction is better than Bloodshot and I'm not even comparing both. All I'm saying is that apart from the action scenes, there was nothing else catchy in it.

Bad Boys For Life or Hitman's Bodyguard are actions as well, less bloody than Extraction, but they had lots of humor to go with the story. Extraction is simple and straight to the point, but nothing else to justify the hype around it.

You gave it 7/10. It's cool. We both can't give the same rating. 7/10 is not too far from the range I gave it as well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
mekaprime:

Am currently seeing it now & so far so good, it's basically all action & very little plot . I'd probably give it a 7 or higher for staying true to it's genre, which was just Action.

Same can't be said about Bloodshot. Bloodshot had about 3(Action, Drama & Sci-fi) genres but only ended up delivering weakly on just on 2 of em' while totally ignoring the most important.

Bloodshot is not drama. It's Action and Sci-fi and sci-fi are not realistic. But what ruined it is wack storyline. Minority Report is action and sci-fi but an innovative plot. So, I don't see why action can't have a dope plot. I have no problem with actions having no solid plot, all I'm saying is, I won't give Extraction a very high rating based on the actions alone.

7/10 is not a bad rating for it, but I don't think I'll give Extraction anything more than 6.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
hulk618:
7/10 for bloodshot right?

2/10 for bloodshot.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 9:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
Beorn:

Bloodshot is not drama. It's Action and Sci-fi and sci-fi are not realistic. But what ruined it is wack storyline. Minority Report is action and sci-fi but an innovative plot. So, I don't see why action can't have a dope plot. I have no problem with actions having no solid plot, all I'm saying is, I won't give Extraction a very high rating based on the actions alone.

7/10 is not a bad rating for it, but I don't think I'll give Extraction anything more than 6.5/10

Extraction had the following
-action
-gore
-good cinematography
-suspense (nail-biting escapes by thor and the boy)
boy)
-God acting by Hemsworth

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Forevergist: 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2020
whitelotus:

Download Extraction 2020

Extraction had the following
-action
-gore
-good cinematography
-suspense (nail-biting escapes by thor and the boy)
boy)
-God acting by Hemsworth

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
whitelotus:

America only fights in wars that can benefit them in the long run.

I have more hope in NATO peacekeeping which is toothless at times.

Let me take you back to World War 2. America did not care about Hitler until Pearl Harbour. That is, until they were attacked. America rejected a ship of Jewish refugees, which was eventually sent back to Europe and many of the Jewish people died.

Despite all these, no country has done better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) (2086) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Benalfa(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.