Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3728223 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by milann: 3:37pm On May 24, 2020
mekaprime:
The Pursuit of Happyness(2006)..9.5/10
Genre: Biography, Drama

Finally, i got to see this flick, based on the hype of some folks here, & i must confess, it was definitely worth the hype.

Smith delivers nothing short of an Oscar worthy performance, still puzzled why he never won.

A heartfelt flick, based on a true story. A well written, acted & directed flick which keeps you pondering, if we are truly living up to our own capability in our quest for the pursuit of happiness. If you're going through tough times, this might really be a very hard movie to watch.

The depiction of the poverty level in America is shockingly shocking. I keep telling folks, if you've got no sellable skills or you ain't traveling out to further your education & possibly get a job over there, better stay put. I'd rather manage the little i have here & be comfortable, than travel out & live on the streets of America & beg for handouts.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by milann: 3:45pm On May 24, 2020
mekaprime:

Finally, i got to see this flick, based on the hype of some folks here, & i must confess, it was definitely worth the hype.

Smith delivers nothing short of an Oscar worthy performance, still puzzled why he never won.

A heartfelt flick, based on a true story. A well written, acted & directed flick which keeps you pondering, if we are truly living up to our own capability in our quest for the pursuit of happiness. If you're going through tough times, this might really be a very hard movie to watch.

The depiction of the poverty level in America is shockingly shocking. I keep telling folks, if you've got no sellable skills or you ain't traveling out to further your education & possibly get a job over there, better stay put. I'd rather manage the little i have here & be comfortable, than travel out & live on the streets of America & beg for handouts.

my must see
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by milann: 3:54pm On May 24, 2020
mekaprime:

Yeah pantomime. It was a musical comedy/ play/movie, which involved the use of body gestures alone. In pantomime, there's nothing like speech, it's just use of body gestures alone accomplined with music.

All Charlie Chaplin's movies are pantomime. And no, it wasn't coloured. All his movies are basically black n white.
can we call mr bean works pantomine
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 4:54pm On May 24, 2020
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:13pm On May 24, 2020
milann:
can we call mr bean works pantomine

Mr Bean movies are not pantomime. For it to be pantomime, it must be devoid of any form of speech. Pantomime involves the use of action or body gestures & facial expressions alone in telling a particular story.

Pantomime are usually fast paced & the actors try to merge the movement of their body gestures & facial expressions in pari-pasu with the music( Try & see any of Charlie Chaplin's works & you'd get what am hinting about)

Mr Bean sitcom series are not without speech, likewise his movies & none of em' are solely based on the use of body gestures and facial expressions alone. So basically, his form or type of comedy isn't pantomime.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:53pm On May 24, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:04pm On May 24, 2020
mekaprime:

Finally, i got to see this flick based on the hype of some folks here. I must confess, it was definitely worth the hype.

A heartfelt flick, based on a true story. A well written, acted & directed flick which keeps you pondering, as to if we are truly living up to our own capability in our quest for the pursuit of happiness. If you're going through tough times, this might really be a very hard movie to watch.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 6:56pm On May 24, 2020
Freak 7/10
Blackkklansman 7.5/10 (what a way to deliver hatred)
Forever my Girl 5/10
The CEO 6/10(naija mystery)
The Nice Guys 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TopeQs: 7:57pm On May 24, 2020
nani667:
undecided undecided
WT'A'F?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by laydoh(m): 8:37pm On May 24, 2020
TopeQs:

hmmm, you really should spank yourself though, lol...

that movie was a masterclass, I still watched it last afternoon and it's still as good as ever.

I first saw it months ago as well, to think I watched Dark Knight before knowing the movie existed was surprising to me.
Shebi you've watched dark knight, I just watched it this afternoon.
The thing is, I wasn't a big fan of batman. Watching it on those stupid DVDs then didn't help, always not clear, so I always leave it then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:45pm On May 24, 2020
Tai Chi Zero(2012)....5.5/10
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama

I've got this one policy, if you must copy, do it creatively, only then can your results be overlooked & forgiven. Stephen Fung basically copied or wanted something in the likes of Stephen Chows Kung Fu Hustle. Whatever he did or planned to do, he did haphazardly, and as such, the results were so underwhelming.

I've always had this liking for Sammo Hung's Style of martial arts, but i wasn't really impressed by his action choreography here. For a Kung-fu movie, the pacing & plot were quite poor. Character development was also non-existent.

On the bright side, acting was ok, the movie had this cool video game vibes as well as a few animated sequences that sure spiced up the it's cinematography, which kinda reminds me of Jackie Chan's City Hunter

As if it many flaws weren't enough salt to injury, the movie ends abruptly.......thus leaving me hanging & unsatisfied.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Vecto(m): 9:53pm On May 24, 2020
mekaprime:

I've got this one policy, if you must copy, do it creatively, only then can your results be overlooked & forgiven. Stephen Fung basically copied or wanted something in the likes of Stephen Chows Kung Fu Hustle. Whatever he did or planned to do, he did haphazardly, and as such, the results were so underwhelming.

I've always had this liking for Sammo Hung's Style of martial arts, but i wasn't really impressed by his action choreography here. For a Kung-fu movie, the pacing & plot were quite poor. Character development was also non-existent.

On the bright side, acting was ok, the movie had this cool video game vibes as well as a few animated sequences that sure spiced up the it's cinematography, which kinda reminds me of Jackie Chan's City Hunter

As if it many flaws weren't enough salt to injury, the movie ends abruptly.......thus leaving me hanging & unsatisfied.

This is an old movie. Do you know where I can download it from? Like old Chinese movies. Likes of jetli, Jack Chan and Donnie yen
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 10:35pm On May 24, 2020
mekaprime:

Finally, i got to see this flick based on the hype of some folks here. I must confess, it was definitely worth the hype.

A heartfelt flick, based on a true story. A well written, acted & directed flick which keeps you pondering, as to if we are truly living up to our own capability in our quest for the pursuit of happiness. If you're going through tough times, this might really be a very hard movie to watch.

Will Smith lost the Oscars to Forest Whitaker who was also superb that same year..
His portrayal of idi Amin in Last King of Scotland was excellent..
You should check out that movie also if you haven't
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 10:50pm On May 24, 2020
Watched some pretty interesting old movies this weekend leggo

- Birds of prey (2020) 6/10

- Shutter Island (2010) 7/10

- The silence of the lambs (1991) 9/10

- Hannibal (2001) fantastic sequel lots of gory scenes, the brain eating part got me bad lol 9/10

- The Prestige (2006) Christopher Nolan is a genius, yet to see a movie he directed that doesn’t have Michael Cain in it one way or another 8/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 12:27am On May 25, 2020
abduleez1:

Yeah, any problem?? undecided

Batwoman series destroyed any chances of there being a batgirl film.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:26am On May 25, 2020
mekaprime:

It has a sequel. Tai Chi Hero
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:13am On May 25, 2020
whitelotus:

Batwoman series destroyed any chances of there being a batgirl film.

LMAO.... That's a lie man. I'm not sure you know much about the characters man. They are very different.
Lemme give you a fun fact: most comic readers gives no shit about Batwoman. Batgirl is the real deal and beloved by most. She's widely known and a very prominent member of the Batfamily. Second only to Nightwing.

So she'll Trump Batwoman any day anytime.
NB: The Exclusion of Batgirl/Oracle is a huge part of the failure of Birds of Prey. cool

Batgirl is too precious that's why you don't (hardly) see her in TV, cos her Solo or debut in live action big screen is in devt. She's part of a larger plan to delve into other Batfamily members and Branch out from over reliance of Batman.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 8:22am On May 25, 2020
I remember the legendary Kungfu Soccer and another I have forgotten its name, someone please remind me.
It's about a Gang who fights with Axe, there is a man and woman in the end, they are the landlords, fighting one man the gang employed..
I want to rewatch and laugh, please someone remind me the name
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:23am On May 25, 2020
Kung-fu Hustle.

One hell of a movie cheesy

Moneyboyz:
I remember the legendary kungfu soccer and another I have forgotten its name, someone please remind me.
It's about a gang who fights with ace, there is a man and woman in the end, they are the landlords, fighting one man the gang employed..
I want to rewatch and laugh, please someone remind me the name

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Godian45(m): 10:04am On May 25, 2020
Titanic
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:02am On May 25, 2020
Legit WTF Moment!!! lipsrsealed

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:05am On May 25, 2020

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:25am On May 25, 2020
Stargirl is pretty good. The CGI is fvcking dope!! That opening scene, goddamnit!! shocked

Cc mekaprime

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by milann: 12:19pm On May 25, 2020
abduleez1:
Stargirl is pretty good. The CGI is fvcking dope!! That opening scene, goddamnit!! shocked

Cc mekaprime
she's hot
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by milann: 12:25pm On May 25, 2020
abduleez1:
fingerscrossed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 12:27pm On May 25, 2020
abduleez1:

Wtf shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by milann: 12:32pm On May 25, 2020
abduleez1:

LMAO.... That's a lie man. I'm not sure you know much about the characters man. They are very different.
Lemme give you a fun fact: most comic readers gives no shit about Batwoman. Batgirl is the real deal and beloved by most. She's widely known and a very prominent member of the Batfamily. Second only to Nightwing.

So she'll Trump Batwoman any day anytime.
NB: The Exclusion of Batgirl/Oracle is a huge part of the failure of Birds of Prey. cool

Batgirl is too precious that's why you don't (hardly) see her in TV, cos her Solo or debut in live action big screen is in devt. She's part of a larger plan to delve into other Batfamily members and Branch out from over reliance of Batman.
really
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 12:36pm On May 25, 2020
Wow, I was sleeping on "LIVING IN BONDAGE: breaking away" cos of the Nollywood stigma, I don't blame myself tho grin..
The movie wasn't half bad, I didn't expect that kind of ending too and it was nice...7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 12:43pm On May 25, 2020
kalushaiyke:
Please guys I need a site I can download hollywood movies that is straightforward. no redirecting or taking me to bet9ja page or some sh1t like that. Pleaseeee
grin

Brother wetin Bet9ja do you
You can escape ads
Try using Opera
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 12:46pm On May 25, 2020
Living in Bondage 7/10
Ramsey Noah killed this one The cinematography was lit All the Actors came through
I think there is a Part 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.