Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3753113 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:24am On May 22, 2020
newguy1:
no offense lots of movies there are trash there is nothing as Nigeria standard. Let me give u Nigeria movies that will stand anywhere in the world
1. Mokaliki
2. The CEO
3. The set up
4. Reach
5. The bling lagosians
6.isoken
7. 76
8. October 1st
Non of these movie will go wrong if any did challenge me for my recommendation

Thank you, that her list sef fear me.

This your list is sure amongst the best in recent history.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sexymoma(f): 12:17pm On May 22, 2020
newguy1:
no offense lots of movies there are trash there is nothing as Nigeria standard. Let me give u Nigeria movies that will stand anywhere in the world
1. Mokaliki
2. The CEO
3. The set up
4. Reach
5. The bling lagosians
6.isoken
7. 76
8. October 1st
Non of these movie will go wrong if any did challenge me for my recommendation
You see why i don't listen to nlanders when it comes to movie.. most of these guys doesn't know "pim" when it comes to rating good movies... You say Mokalik sweet?Film wey nor get head talkless say e go get tail, walai kunle Afo disappoint me for this movie. "76" wey be say i watch like 20mins i forward am to the end make my mb for nor waste, the set up wey be say them just do wuru wuru to the answer u dey call that one film, one person go talk e say na action film.. i laugh.. Reach sweet small.. na small o... he go talk,he say these movies go stand anywhere in the world.. Nor make i vex o angry

Love is war.. U don watch am?
Size 12 .. U don watch am?
Hire a woman.. U don watch am?
Memory Lane.. U don watch am?
God Calling.. This one beat all those yeye yeye movies wey u carray put for there except Oct .

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 12:20pm On May 22, 2020
DriggityDre:
Constantine (2005) - 8.5/10

Constantine is a 2005 American occult detective film directed by Francis Lawrence, and starring Keanu Reeves as John Constantine. Rachel Weisz, Shia LaBeouf, Tilda Swinton, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Djimon Hounsou, Gavin Rossdale, and Peter Stormare co-star.

The film is based on DC Comics' Hellblazer comic book, with plot elements taken from the "Dangerous Habits" story arc and the "Original Sins" story arc.
The film portrays John Constantine as a cynic with the ability to perceive and communicate with half-angels and half-demons in their true form. He seeks salvation from eternal damnation in Hell for a suicide attempt in his youth.

Constantine exorcises demons back to Hell to earn favor with Heaven but has become weary over time.
With terminal lung cancer, he helps a troubled police detective learn the truth about her twin sister's death while simultaneously unraveling a much larger and darker plot.

RT rated it 58%. Their site's consensus states: "Despite solid production values and an intriguing premise, Constantine lacks the focus of another spiritual shoot-em-up, The Matrix."
On Metacritic, the film holds a score of 50 out of 100 based on the reviews of 41 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".

Personally, I really connected with this movie. I am a fan of Reeves, and seeing his past self (without the beard), made me smile. Reeves was cool as shii cool
Seeing LaBeouf too (before all the controversy), brought back memories. Rachel too. She was a stunning cop tho grin

Despite the mixed reviews, I had no problem with it. I have a lotta favourite scenes.
Long story short, I enjoyed the movie like maad.

Constantine was a nice movie. Rotten tomatoes is full of crap. Dont mind them
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 12:41pm On May 22, 2020
Please, everyone should go and watch TENET second trailer.

We have another high concept film from Christopher Nolan! Another inception!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-54SEUIYec
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by seankafor(m): 2:23pm On May 22, 2020
whitelotus:

shocked.. can't wait
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 3:00pm On May 22, 2020
abduleez1:
This is why I'm highly excited for 2021 .... Especially Black Adam— my most anticipated film of next year.

I always predicted this. grin

We plenty wey dey wait for that Black Adam tbh grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 3:05pm On May 22, 2020
whitelotus:

Nolan is at it again
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 3:15pm On May 22, 2020
abduleez1:
This is why I'm highly excited for 2021 .... Especially Black Adam— my most anticipated film of next year.

They should take it easy. I'd hate to see another nonsense like Birds of Prey.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newguy1(m): 3:42pm On May 22, 2020
sexymoma:
You see why i don't listen to nlanders when it comes to movie.. most of these guys doesn't know "pim" when it comes to rating good movies... You say Mokalik sweet?Film wey nor get head talkless say e go get tail, walai kunle Afo disappoint me for this movie. "76" wey be say i watch like 20mins i forward am to the end make my mb for nor waste, the set up wey be say them just do wuru wuru to the answer u dey call that one film, one person go talk e say na action film.. i laugh.. Reach sweet small.. na small o... he go talk,he say these movies go stand anywhere in the world.. Nor make i vex o angry

God Calling.. This one beat all those yeye yeye movies wey u carray put for there except Oct .
hummmm brother did I said these r d best we have in the country? All I said is these movies will standard anywhere in the world in terms of storyline , content, delivery and also good arrangement and entertainment.
Back to ur take on the movies, I don’t know what u look for in movies but if u said mokaliki is trash then u have to explain, a Movie that is that rich in content as in with a simple lesson of giving ur children outside skills apart from the four walls of the classroom n a show of a typical day activities at a car mechanic workshop is what u call a trashy movie MAN!
2. U said the set up, 76 (show of Nigeria history in a bit )was poor? Do I have to analyze the movies to u. Bro am ending this talk by just saying not all movies u like will b appreciated by other vis versa and u see those movies I mention up there will b evergreen for s long time . If my write up is still sounding somehow to u I advice u better try n look for professional Nigeria movie critics opinion on the movie seems u have a biased opinions on Nigeria films
Lastly u said the movies u put up there are better except oct 1. Because u said so or because they where rated higher in terms of gross ending, public opinions or by Oscar board of trustee. MAN if u appreciate those movies recommend them for viewing but don’t come here n b trash talking other movies because u didn’t get the point or they didn’t suit ur movie taste
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 4:11pm On May 22, 2020
abduleez1:

Stop being a DC fanboy. Black Adam is not in any well respected top 5 anticipated movies list for 2021
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 4:26pm On May 22, 2020
whitelotus:

Stop being a DC fanboy. Black Adam is not in any well respected top 5 anticipated movies list for 2021

He said it's his own anticipation, who gives a fvck about what other people are anticipating..get off his díck

"StOp BeInG A Dc FaN bOy" Says a marvel fan boy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 4:43pm On May 22, 2020
sexymoma:

for real, size 12
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 4:54pm On May 22, 2020
whitelotus:

Constantine was a nice movie. Rotten tomatoes is full of crap. Dont mind them
do that at the detriment of your film success at d box office
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 5:08pm On May 22, 2020
pu7pl3:

He said it's his own anticipation, who gives a fvck about what other people are anticipating..get off his díck

"StOp BeInG A Dc FaN bOy" Says a marvel fan boy

I'm not a marvel fan boy. If you see me hyping marvel that means I'm just trolling and not serious. Is marvel paying me money?

As for the guy's anticipated movie, I know the guy on this thread and we have mentioned many upcoming movies on this thread. Black Adam is bot even near the most mentioned.

So, the problem here is you butting into something that's not your concern.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 5:08pm On May 22, 2020
J2381:
They should take it easy. I'd hate to see another nonsense like Birds of Prey.

grin mad o
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 5:08pm On May 22, 2020
Liposure:

Like how captain marvel was initially rated low on rotten tomatoes? Lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 5:30pm On May 22, 2020
whitelotus:

Rotten tomatoes is full of crap. Dont mind them
Hence, the name Rotten Tomatoes grin

The main problem they stated was Constantine lacking 'focus' compared to the Matrix, but the score is still too low for that.

That rating was not for all. The movie was nice cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 5:33pm On May 22, 2020
Outcast. 8.0/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 5:37pm On May 22, 2020
abduleez1:

Black adam is already a success. JSA will be made...But i need Dr. Fate movie first
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 5:40pm On May 22, 2020
Liposure:
Nah. There are some movies that bombed moderately on ratings, but still sold in the box office.

Some of the first set of movies in the Fast and Furious franchise bombed, but they still made above $100M BO revenue.

Although the budget and BO difference wasn't so far apart.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 6:02pm On May 22, 2020
DriggityDre:

Nah. There are some movies that bombed moderately on ratings, but still sold in the box office.

Some of the first set of movies in the Fast and Furious franchise bombed, but they still made above $100M BO revenue.

Although the budget and BO difference wasn't so far apart.

fair enough, but RT still hold sway
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 6:03pm On May 22, 2020
Liposure:
Yh, you could say that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 6:04pm On May 22, 2020
This means War (2012)
8/10

Action, Comedy, Romance

When two CIA agent(bestfriends) fall inlove with the same woman ..

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 6:05pm On May 22, 2020
Liposure:
Their critic work might not always be generally accepted, but there are some sure failures that one can agree to.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 6:12pm On May 22, 2020
whitelotus:

This trailer has all the trademarks of Christopher Nolan.

From the director of the dark knight, cuts to Robert Pattinson, Waner Bros just flexing. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 6:15pm On May 22, 2020
DriggityDre:
Their critic work might not always be generally accepted, but there are some sure failures that one can agree to.
yea. critics are just doing their job
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:27pm On May 22, 2020
whitelotus:

I'm not a marvel fan boy. If you see me hyping marvel that means I'm just trolling and not serious. Is marvel paying me money?

As for the guy's anticipated movie, I know the guy on this thread and we have mentioned many upcoming movies on this thread. Black Adam is bot even near the most mentioned.

So, the problem here is you butting into something that's not your concern.

the bolded has been noted
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNummeruno: 8:07pm On May 22, 2020
whitelotus:

Washington: "To do what I do, I need some idea of the threat we face."
Woman: "As I understand it, we’re trying to prevent World War III."
Washington: "I’m not seeing armageddon here."
Woman: "No, something worse."

As Washington points his firearm, a shot flies in reverse, into the chamber.

Woman: "You're not shooting the bullet, you're catching it."

A slight pause...

Washington: "Whoa."

Oh man, this film is going to bamboozle a lot of folks, myself included, lol. From the trailer, the principles of space, time and material science are inverted, as in, they work in reverse.

Inception 2.0
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 8:12pm On May 22, 2020
The only thing I got from the new Tenet trailer is that Kenneth Branagh is the villain. That is the only thing. I still don't understand what the movie is going to be about. This is a guaranteed multiple-watch movie. All hail King Nolan
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles200: 8:17pm On May 22, 2020
2dice01:
You didnt answer my first question

They way the guy bashes DC movies eehn

Are you also telling me all Marvel movies are Perfect

No flaws at all cheesy grin

DC has, but the trash is waaay higher than the content.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 8:55pm On May 22, 2020
2dice01:
This means War (2012)
8/10

Action, Comedy, Romance

When two CIA agent(bestfriends) fall inlove with the same woman ..
Tom hardy with his rambunctious nature. Who da hell takes a lady to shooting training as fun, lass lass he end up getting all d fun
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:07pm On May 22, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Black adam is already a success. JSA will be made...But i need Dr. Fate movie first

Same reasoning here bro. I also already see it a success. Only The Rock alone is huge marketability of the movie. We are yet to even talk of the full Cast yet o.

Yep I also prefer a Dr. Fate movie before the JSA. I'm hearing whispers a Fate movie is imminent, probably depending on his popularity in the movie and how well Black Adam performs.

One thing I so much love about that movie is it's spin off potential. It's massive.
1. It could Branch out and introduce a JSA team up film. And maybe bless me With a Powergirl cameo with those Big Bobby grin cheesy kiss I've always wondered who, how and what she'll look like in live action. grin

2. It could launch a Dr Fate Solo

3. It could also launch a Hawkman and Hawkgirl solo.

4. Introduction of New or relatively unknown characters to the movie-verse audience. Enough of too much Superman and Batman. If I'm gonna get more Batman I need to start seeing Nightwing, Batgirl, Lady Shiva and Deathstroke. undecided

The possibilities and potential Is huge.

Cc Pu7pl3 whitelotus TheKingisHere Minemrys

(1) (2) (3) ... (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.