Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3776099 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) (2204) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 6:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
Wolf Warrior 2 (2017)
8.5/10

Action Drama Thriller

If you love nonstop action movie then this one is your Best Bet cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
Liposure:
even trailers can be deceiving sometimes
oyaskii:
[/quote][quote author=Liposure post=90490040]even trailers can be deceiving sometimes
Yeah its true
But its still better
cus you will have alittle knowledge of what you wanna see
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 7:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
oyaskii:
Nothing misleads more than trailers of movies.
the worst part is knowing di entire plot from the trailer
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
2dice01:
Sometimes using any website rating to Judge a new movie isn't the best
Because some movie have people they use to hype their movies in all those site

Personal i prefer watching the trailer first

Well, to each his own. Ratings are not fail-safe mechanisms, but ever since I started using them, they've caused me more good than harm. So, I usually patronize them before watching any movie. It most times gives me an idea of what I'm getting. When it backfires, I take my L and move on in peace.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumereuno: 9:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
Beorn:

I wonder how someone that knows his onions will go ahead to download such a useless movie despite its abysmal rating.

It boggles the mind.

This reminds me of when someone set out to watch Corona Zombies, and later, had the gumption to moan about the absurd plot.

A simple google search would have saved him the trouble, heck, the ridiculous name is sufficient to forewarn a reasonable person.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumereuno: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2020
oyaskii:
Nothing misleads more than trailers of movies.

I tire for the guy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sucker punch(2011)
Genre:fantasy,action,adventure
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
DandeNumereuno:

It boggles the mind.

This reminds me of when someone set out to watch Corona Zombies, and later, had the gumption to moan about the absurd plot.

A simple google search would have saved him the trouble, heck, the ridiculous name is sufficient to forewarn a reasonable person.

LMAO @emboldened. So true. In short, this sort of dumb name is what Nollywood producers churn out on a daily. The name alone is off-putting and enough to tell any sane person not to even bother Googling the movie as it'd definitely be a waste of time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
Beorn:

Well, to each his own. Ratings are not fail-safe mechanisms, but ever since I started using them, they've caused me more good than harm. So, I usually patronize them before watching any movie. It most times gives me an idea of what I'm getting. When it backfires, I take my L and move on in peace .
I have taking my L too on this one
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 11:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
Liposure:
u are not nice at all
cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ToyinDipo(m): 1:01am On Jun 10, 2020
Sicario
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nekr0N(m): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2020
ToyinDipo:
Sicario

1&2. 7/10

I enjoyed both Josh and Del Toro
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ToyinDipo(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2020
Nekr0N:

1&2. 7/10

I enjoyed both Josh and Del Toro
One of my favourite film series.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 11:47am On Jun 10, 2020
DandeNumereuno:
Scarface (1983)...Rewatch

It's the embodiment of the '80s; the fashion, music, style... It doesn't have a profound message, I couldn't relate, nor empathize with any of the characters, but it's very engaging... it's incredible for what it is.

Al Pacino liquefies into the role, and turns into an over-the-top Cuban gangster, which creates the humour. It has amazing music and cinematography, and some incredible supporting cast as well.

All things considered, it's a masterpiece.
Hehe. Say goodbye to the bad guy.

Nice.

One of my best scenes is the montage sequence that demonstrates Tony's rise in wealth and position after he killed Frank Lopez.

"Push it to the limit" was truly fit for that scene, man.
I'm actually jamming it rn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
The Last Days of American Crime.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mark9854(m): 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2020
Beowulf 2007
I've never been this satisfied with an animated movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by whitelotus: 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
cao:
The Last Days of American Crime.

Dead movie. -1/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
whitelotus:

Dead movie. -1/10

It could have been better...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
Twister (1996). 6.5/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
Beorn:
Twister (1996). 6.5/10
looks like a disaster drama
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
Liposure:
looks like a disaster drama
Yeah, it's a disaster movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime2: 4:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
Survive the night (2020)...3/10
Genre: Action, Thriller

IMDb seems to have finally lost it. Few days back when i downloaded this flick, it was rated 6.1, but now, it's sits at 4.7.

Nice concept though cliché, terrible script & awful execution.
The production crew in charge of this project, seemed like some bunch of amateurs. Video merging was terrible, editing was shoddy, the night shots made with night vision Google's were edited haphazardly.

So many plot inconsistencies, most annoying being a Revolver that fires 2 bullets with one shot, & shoot's more than 8 bullets before you reload.

Bruce Wills seems to have officially taken Nicholas Cage's place.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime2: 4:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
The Lovebirds(2020)...2.5/10
Genre:Action, Comedy, Crime

Was this meant to be Rom-com, Murder Mystery, or both, cause the writer seemed quite undecided on what he really wanted.

As a Rom-com the characters & character development lacked depth, the chemistry between the two leads was very poor, and the comedy most times was lame AF & seemed forced, especially from the lady.
As a Murder Mystery, this has to be one of the worst murder Mysteries I've seen so far, cause it was very uncreative & dumb.

Plot was very predictable, preposterous & seemed like a cheap Date Night knockoff. Acting was a pile of garbage, especially from Issa Rae, the lady was terrible & annoying all through.

All in all, these are the kinda movies, you're better off seeing their trailers, rather than the actual movie itself.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime2: 4:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
The Gift(2015)...7/10
Genre:Drama, Mystery, Thriller

Cleverly written and excellently directed by Joel Edgerton, the movie had an excellent narrative, in the sense that until the last few minutes, you wouldn't be able to tell who the main protagonist was. This are the kinda movie that draws you in & holds you spellbound until the conflict is finally resolved.

The three leads delivered an outstanding performance. Bateman delivers what I'd describe as his careers best performance, for a comedy actor, he did really appear very serious & did justice to his role.

In the end, the Gift's conclusion is an open one, but yet, strangely satisfying.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
mekaprime2:
Survive the night (2020)...3/10
Genre: Action, Thriller

IMDb seems to have finally lost it. Few days back when i downloaded this flick, it was rated 6.1, but now, it's sits at 4.7.

Nice concept though cliché, terrible script & awful execution.
The production crew in charge of this project, seemed like some bunch of amateurs. Video merging was terrible, editing was shoddy, the night shots made with night vision Google's were edited haphazardly.

So many plot inconsistencies, most annoying being a Revolver that fires 2 bullets with one shot, & shoot's more than 8 bullets before you reload.

Bruce Wills seems to have officially taken Nicholas Cage place.
IMDb ratings do fluctuate but becomes stable as the movie ages and more people see it, so if a movie just drop and you are depending on the imdb ratings to see it, wait it out a few days to see if the ratings stable out before you download.

Extra tip...Imdb also has a pro paid version where actors and critics normally use and they can also influence some ratings, to avoid this visit the particular movie's page on IMDb and scroll down to "User's Review"..this should contain fans ratings with comments and this is 90% genuine...a good movie will general have good comments and ratings from a good number of fans and vice versa with a bad movie.

That been said, Bruce Willis and Nicholas Cage are done out here, flee from any project where of them are leads.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime2: 5:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
oyaskii:
IMDb ratings do fluctuate but becomes stable as the movie ages and more people see it, so if a movie just drop and you are depending on the imdb ratings to see it, wait it out a few days to see if the ratings stable out before you download.

Extra tip...Imdb also has a pro paid version where actors and critics normally use and they can also influence some ratings, to avoid this visit the particular movie's page on IMDb and scroll down to "User's Review"..this should contain fans ratings with comments and this is 90% genuine...a good movie will general have good comments and ratings from a good number of fans and vice versa with a bad movie.

That been said, Bruce Willis and Nicholas Cage are done out here, flee from any project where of them are leads.

Gracias Amigo. I do use the Users Review all the time. For this particular movie, the general Imdb rating was good, & in the User Reviews, the few who had seen the movie at that time, praised it to high heavens, so i thought i give it a go, only to be disappointed at the end.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
mekaprime2:
The Gift(2015)...7/10
Genre:Drama, Mystery, Thriller

Cleverly written and excellently directed by Joel Edgerton, the movie had an excellent narrative, in the sense that until the last few minutes, you wouldn't be able to tell who the main protagonist was. This are the kinda movie that draws you in & holds you spellbound until the conflict is finally resolved.

The three leads delivered an outstanding performance. Bateman delivers what I'd describe as his careers best performance, for a comedy actor, he did really appear very serious & did justice to his role.

In the end, the Gift's conclusion is an open one, but yet, strangely satisfying.
Actually thought Gordo was lying about been bullied and his revenge was expertly crafted albeit diabolical...and the end was woww

Ps see Extract (2009). Jason Bateman and his wife been tormented again. smiley [quote][/quote]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime2: 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
oyaskii:
Actually thought Gordo was lying about been bullied and his revenge was expertly crafted albeit diabolical...and the end was woww

Ps see Extract (2009). Jason Bateman and his wife been tormented again. smiley

Thanks, am already downloading Extract.

The way Bateman painted Gordo, i saw him as the bad guy initially.

But i think the baby is Bateman's, Gordo was just applying the laws of karma. A DNA test would simply solve it all. But boy, that Bateman's character was a douchebag.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) (2204) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.