Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,776 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3775998 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2205) (2206) (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 13, 2020
naptu2:

These people are too nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQR5zsLHbYw

The Nice Guys is underrated. Great movie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gidah: 8:18am On Jun 13, 2020
Deleted post everywhere what's happening is someone trying to remove Buhari from his seat.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Progenix: 9:08am On Jun 13, 2020
Chai, see massive Airstrikes!! shocked

Is it ISIS, Taliban, Al Qaeda that was intended to be taken out, all at once?? shocked

What did I miss? grin

So the cry babies wanting a new thread, still had to come back to their vomits. grin Poetic. cheesy

Why does Lord Thanus words comes to mind. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 9:11am On Jun 13, 2020
Rush Hour Trilogy. (Rewatch)

I truly forgot how parts one and two were very funny! I miss Chris Tucker.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:22am On Jun 13, 2020
mekaprime2:
Monster(2003)....8/10
Genre: Biography, Crime, Drama

A shocking & gripping biopic on Aileen Wuornos a Daytona Beach proustite who became a serial killer, as perfectly portrayed by Charlize Theron, method acting at it's finest, little wonder she won the Oscars for her performance here.

Hats off to the director for this fine work of art. Everything was spot on & perfect, from the script, cinematography, acting, down to the soundtracks.

Not trying to glorify her actions, but psychology 101 would always say: An action is only meaningful to those & those alone who carry out the said act.
Charlize Theron gave a convincing performance and deservedly got an academy award for it... truly breathtaking.

The real Aileen Wuornos was a twisted and cold fellow fam...i did an extensive research on her during my "active" serial killer profiling days. She was claiming self defence at first but later recanted. To put things in perspective, she was tested for "psychopathy" on scale of 40 with a score of 25 and above been attributed to be a "full on, demented and twisted psychopath", she scored 32. There's this quote of hers from jail, it goes ". "I killed those men and robbed them as cold as ice, and I'd do it again, too. There's no chance in keeping me alive or anything, because I'd kill again.". ....so so cold fam.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2020
Greetings to everyone,

Please, let us be friendly with each other. I know that we all have different opinions and beliefs about this thread. I truly believe that it would be monotonous or boring if we only dropped movie reviews.

As for me, I learn from the debates or arguments on this thread. However, I fully support the moderators when the ban those who result to childish insults and trolling.

That being said, the moderators should be less authoritative on this thread. I have been following this thread as a guest for a very long time and in the recent days, there haven't been insults thrown around. Trolling has reduced. So why are the moderators raining bans on this thread?

This thread is more sane than many other threads on Nairaland. In the politics and romance sections, we see insults that go scott free. No action. Even in this section, the BB thread or the series thread have arguments. This thread should not be policed more than others, as it would be an injustice.

As a christian, I would tell everyone; the trolls, the reporters and the moderators, HE WITHOUT SIN, CAST THE FIRST STONE.

Please, forgive my derailing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 9:36am On Jun 13, 2020
Progenix:
Chai, see massive Airstrikes!! shocked

Is it ISIS, Taliban, Al Qaeda that was intended to be taken out, all at once?? shocked

What did I miss? grin

So the cry babies wanting a new thread, still had to come back to their vomits. grin Poetic. cheesy

Why does Lord Thanus words comes to mind. grin

What did Thanos ever do to you bro grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 9:39am On Jun 13, 2020
NaijaMemes:
Greetings to everyone,

Please, let us be friendly with each other. I know that we all have different opinions and beliefs about this thread. I truly believe that it would be monotonous or boring if we only dropped movie reviews.

As for me, I learn from the debates or arguments on this thread. However, I fully support the moderators when the ban those who result to childish insults and trolling.

That being said, the moderators should be less authoritative on this thread. I have been following this thread as a guest for a very long time and in the recent days, there haven't been insults thrown around. Trolling has reduced. So why are the moderators raining bans on this thread?

This thread is more sane than many other threads on Nairaland. In the politics and romance sections, we see insults that go scott free. No action. Even in this section, the BB thread or the series thread have arguments. This thread should not be policed more than others, as it would be an injustice.

As a christian, I would tell everyone; the trolls, the reporters and the moderators, HE WITHOUT SIN, CAST THE FIRST STONE.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Progenix: 9:53am On Jun 13, 2020
Zeemuthafuka:

What did Thanos ever do to you bro grin grin

Lol, nothing bro. His words just becomes wiser and wiser by the day to me, recently. grin

Also a meme on his overhyped status as the most popular CBM villain— when Cosmic Joker is still alive. grin

Nekron or Pu7pl3 right?? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 9:56am On Jun 13, 2020
Progenix:

Lol, nothing bro. His words just becomes wiser and wiser by the day to me, recently. grin

Also a meme on his overhyped status as the most popular CBM villain— when Cosmic Joker is still alive. grin

Nekron or Pu7pl3 right?? grin

Yea, all me bro

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Progenix: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2020
NaijaMemes:
Greetings to everyone,

Long story short:- The reporters/ laser Designators/reconnaissance ground team/ cry babies TRIED TO CREATE A NEW MOVIE THREAD UNSUCCESSFULLY. AND IN THEIR PAIN HAD TO COME BACK TO THE THREAD THEY TURNED THEIR BACK ON. But it wasn't going to be easy for 'em, so in a bid to SAVE FACE they had to try and police the thread to suit their selfish and unrealistic agendas and punish those who made them quit in the first place.

One thing they are forgetting WITHOUT THE COMIC BOOK NERDS, THE INTERNATIONAL POLITICIANS, THE RELIGIOUS ADHERENTS & CRITICS, THE E-FIGHT PUNTERS/INSTIGATORS the Thread is NOTHING...... angry

Too bad they had to REALIZE THAT the HARD WAY. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Progenix: 10:50am On Jun 13, 2020
WW84 been PUSHED BACK AGAIN.

I first said this, it's gonna depend on TENET release. Christopher Nolan's TENET moves to July 31st. Instead Nolan's Inception marking it's ten year anniversary will be rereleased in theaters to introduce people back to the movie going culture on July 17.

WW84 gets October 2 release.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 11:17am On Jun 13, 2020
Ne Zha (2019)
Genre: 3D Animation
Review: 9.5/10

This is one of the best animated movie I've ever set my eyes on!

Story is good, action scenes are mad, the animation itself is crazy!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Progenix: 11:23am On Jun 13, 2020
Cont'd....

Matrix 4 gets pushed. Moves to 2022 April 1st from May 21, 2021 release date.

Tom and Jerry movie moved from December 23, 2020 to March 5, 2021.

Godzilla vs Kong gets matrix's May 21st, 2021 release date, from a November 19, 2020 slate.

Anne Hathaway's The Witches gets pulled altogether. No new release date yet.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime2: 11:30am On Jun 13, 2020
Aileen: Life & Death of a Serial Killer(2003)...8/10
Genre:Documentary, Crime

A follow-up documentary on the Monster(2003) movie, which tells the horrific tale of the life & death of Aileen Wuornos the psychopathic serial killer.

The story of a woman who was pushed hard, beaten, & broken, as a result of all these, she descends into paranoia schizophrenia & ultimately a psychopathic serial killer is born. This sure reminds me of the Movie Joker, the family, the system, the society, the American legal system all failed Aileen Wuornos & made her transmute into the Monster she became.

Her final speech before her death was a raw & powerful one "I'd just like to say I'm sailing with the rock, and I'll be back, like Independence Day, with Jesus".

Not everybody who's abused becomes a serial killer, but the fact is that some just can't handle the trauma the way other folks do.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime2: 11:34am On Jun 13, 2020
oyaskii:
Charlize Theron gave a convincing performance and deservedly got an academy award for it... truly breathtaking.

The real Aileen Wuornos was a twisted and cold fellow fam...i did an extensive research on her during my "active" serial killer profiling days. She was claiming self defence at first but later recanted. To put things in perspective, she was tested for "psychopathy" on scale of 40 with a score of 25 and above been attributed to be a "full on, demented and twisted psychopath", she scored 32. There's this quote of hers from jail, it goes ". "I killed those men and robbed them as cold as ice, and I'd do it again, too. There's no chance in keeping me alive or anything, because I'd kill again.". ....so so cold fam.
Am so caught up with her story right now, I just finished Aileen: Life & Death of a Serial Killer

Not trying to justify her actions, but i think the lady was badly broken, it started from home & escalated to other places, unfortunately, every action begets a consequence, they made her the psychopath she was.

At first she believed it was a sort of self defense & kinda pitied herself, but after 12 years on death row, she finally accepted the sad reality of it all.

Her last words struck me & is something I've been trying to decipher.
"I'd just like to say I'm sailing with the rock, and I'll be back, like Independence Day, with Jesus".

Any idea what she was implying with the above?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:50am On Jun 13, 2020
mekaprime2:

Am so caught up with her story right now, I just finished Aileen: Life & Death of a Serial Killer

Not trying to justify her actions, but i think the lady was badly broken, it started from home & escalated to other places, unfortunately, every action begets a consequence, they made her the psychopath she was.

At first she believed it was a sort of self defense & kinda pitied herself, but after 12 years on death row, she finally accepted the sad reality of it all.

Her last words struck me & is something I've been trying to decipher.
"I'd just like to say I'm sailing with the rock, and I'll be back, like Independence Day, with Jesus".

Any idea what she was implying with the above?
Bro, do you know how many kids from broken home that turns out great? alot. I know some situations in life can really push someone to the edge but ultimately it's innate to decide to be good or bad, she could have simply followed a different path, even tho it will seem difficult, life is tough and most times not fair but we all try to navigate through all the tough circumstances thrown our way and come out on the other side good.

To her last words...during her final days, she claimed that the society "railroad" her into becoming a psychopath, and they were going to execute an innocent woman who was a victim of societal ills. So sailing with rock apparently meant she will be sailing with "Jesus" since she was innocent (albiet in her mind), then the independence day ref (she was referring to the 1996 apocalyptic movie when aliens invaded earth and only a few people remained) meant she will be back with Jesus in an apocalyptic sense to judge all those who were about to execute her and the society which she believed she was a victim of.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
BankyGee:
Ne Zha (2019)
Genre: 3D Animation
Review: 9.5/10

This is one of the best animated movie I've ever set my eyes on!

Story is good, action scenes are mad, the animation itself is crazy!

Added to the list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime2: 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
oyaskii:
Bro, do you know how many kids from broken home that turns out great? alot. I know some situations in life can really push someone to the edge but ultimately it's innate to decide to be good or bad, she could have simply followed a different path, even tho it will seem difficult, life is tough and most times not fair but we all try to navigate through all the tough circumstances thrown our way and come out on the other side good.

To her last words...during her final days, she claimed that the society "railroad" her into becoming a psychopath, and they were going to execute an innocent woman who was a victim of societal ills. So sailing with rock apparently meant she will be sailing with "Jesus" since she was innocent (albiet in her mind), then the independence day ref (she was referring to the 1996 apocalyptic movie when aliens invaded earth and only a few people remained) meant she will be back with Jesus in an apocalyptic sense to judge all those who were about to execute her and the society which she believed she was a victim of.

I hear you my good man, but that path she choose seemed inevitable & out of her control. She was shattered beyond repair, she was shattered to the point that you can't even pick a piece of her on the floor & again people handle things differently, for some it just the trauma which comes once in a while, for others, it goes beyond that, she seemed very insane.

I shouldn't, but i kinda felt a little bit of sympathy for her.

@ the bolded, a million thanks, you perfectly deciphered it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2020
mekaprime2:

I hear you my good man, but that path she choose seemed inevitable & out of her control. She was shattered beyond repair, she was shattered to the point that you can't even pick a piece of her on the floor & again people handle things differently, for some it just the trauma which comes once in a while, for others, it goes beyond that, she seemed very insane.

I shouldn't, but i kinda felt a little bit of sympathy for her.

@ the bolded, a million thanks, you perfectly deciphered it.

At bolded... That's why filmmakers find it hard to pick biopic of Serial Killers for prod because these movies tends to show their softer sides and traumatic experience that made them become a serial killer which will invoke a sympathy from the viewers and totally enraging their victims family., these played out in the Netflix's biopic of Ted Bundy titled "Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile".

In all my time of reading profiles of serial killers (and i tell you i have read a lot), some are purely loco and kill for fun, but most have suffered severe traumatic childhood experiences but still i haven't found any logical reasons for turning to "serial killing"...Taking another person's life( self defence and mistakes are exempted) is a huge huge step and it will take a really twisted mind to do this not just once but serially....even soldiers that are permitted to kill enemies in times of war, do often suffer PTSD that most never recover from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
Zeemuthafuka:

Added to the list
Walai, you gat to check zee movie out cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (2205) (2206) (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.