Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3763659 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (3838) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Jecfire:
Spirited away....... 9/10

This is one of the best animated movies I've ever seen... I was wondering what made a chinese cartoon to grab the prize at the oscars and when I saw this flick I wasn't disappointed... Such a touching story
check out "Your Name" (2016) and "Weathering with you" (2019)...same style with Spirited away...all top notch anime movies.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Unforgiven(1992).....9/10
Genre: Drama, Western

Now this is the holy grail of the Western Genre. Eastwood deserves a long & standing ovation for this. Unforgiven nabbed the Academy Awards for Best Picture, & is Eastwood's crowning Western achievement.

Screenplay was very powerful, gripping & accurately captures life in American's wild west.

Amazing character development, the actors performance from the main to the supporting cast were truly impeccable & flawless.

Eastwood's style of direction was absolutely mesmerizing & the editing was simply perfect. Cinematography was jaw-dropping.

And at the end that implacable moral balance, good always silences evil.

As a fan of the genre & Eastwood works, its truly unforgiven if you haven't seen this flick yet.....

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Abduleez1 been recommending trash since the days of John the Baptist.

LMAO @ stripped naked, you wicked pass me abeg cheesy

LMAO... grin grin

Which other trash have I recommended to you or anyone here. Nah, I'm allergic to trash. angry

I purely emphasized the Action to would be watchers. grin I can barely remember the plot of the movie but one thing I can definitely remember was that the Action was Good.
It was pretty realistic, not those funny John Wick style of killing 50 people and you'll somehow escape death.

Or better yet, maybe I'm mixing it up with Wolf Warrior 2. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Jecfire:
Spirited away....... 9/10

This is one of the best animated movies I've ever seen... I was wondering what made a chinese cartoon to grab the prize at the oscars and when I saw this flick I wasn't disappointed... Such a touching story

I've got this in my very best Animation watchlist. But I don't think it's Chinese. I think it's Japanese. The director has some other classics like "My neighbor Totoro" which I plan to watch soonest. grin

You got the movie from FZ movies ??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
abduleez1:

LMAO... grin grin

Which other trash have I recommended to you or anyone here. Nah, I'm allergic to trash. angry

I purely emphasized the Action to would be watchers. grin I can barely remember the plot of the movie but one thing I can definitely remember was that the Action was Good.
It was pretty realistic, not those funny John Wick style of killing 50 people and you'll somehow escape death.

Or better yet, maybe I'm mixing it up with Wolf Warrior 2. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
pu7pl3:

NGL Abduleez1 missed the mark on this one grin grin grin I fell asleep like 3 times

Lol, na so e dey be at times.

I don't remember the film much. I just know say I enjoy the action that time. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
[quote author=alexistaiwo post=90661668][/quote]

Lol..... How can I decipher you feelings right now?? grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
abduleez1:

Lol, na so e dey be at times.

I don't remember the film much. I just know say I enjoy the action that time. grin

The action is aiigt tho

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
abduleez1:

Lol..... How can I decipher you feelings right now?? grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
Jedidiah1234:
Are you looking for a Whatsapp TV that would provide you with the best entertainment contents���️� job opportunities��, scholarship opportunities��, giveaways��, funny videos and memes�, MCM, Inspirational quotes, Scriptures to build you up, Shout-outs, discussions�� where you can share your thoughts and many more?
Say no more as ROYALS CRIB gat you covered.
In ROYALS CRIB, we are 1⃣ family.
10k coming soon.
https:///2347044980467?text=Hello.%20I'm%20interested%20in%20joining%20your%20WhatsApp%20Tv

Don't stress yourself, I can help you with unlimited phone numbers. All you have to do is import them into your phone and it will appear on WhatsApp.
Then you can promote your TV links to them.
Just give me which network and how many thousands you need.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
abduleez1, don't mind the jokes Alex & I were cracking jare. But las las & calling a spade a spade, that movie was terribly terrible, the director clearly had no sense of direction whatsoever.

I saw it cause of the way you hyped the action & alas, the action wasn't that good. You can't compare the action in the movie to that in the likes of Black Hawk Down or Lone Survivor, the action in the aforementioned two, grabs you by the balls & never let's go until the very end. I'd even rank Wolf Warrior 2 a better Chinese war action movie than it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
THE PROFESSIONALS (1994)
One of those thrillers after my heart. Exciting thanks 2 jaw-dropping scenes n stellar performances from the cast. Gary oldman killed his role. Likewise the young natalie portman on her debut. In the end, I had fun
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
3:10 to Yuma(2007)... Rewatch
Genre: Western, Action, Drama

Irrespective of some little plot inconsistencies here & there, which I'd gladly over look, it was a damn fine movie with a very good script.

Action sequence were great, photography was breathtaking, the sceneries were spectacular so to speak.

Stellar performances from the cast, particularly from the 2 fine leads (Crowe & Bale). Bale continues to impress me in every role he features in. Fun fact, I've never seen Christian Bale perform badly in any role he plays, he's always on point & perfect.

Masterful directing by the fine gentleman director, dude sure knows his onions/craft.

Truly worth the Rewatch.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
mekaprime:
abduleez1, don't mind the jokes Alex & I were cracking jare. But las las & calling a spade a spade, that movie was terribly terrible, the director clearly had no sense of direction whatsoever.

I saw it cause of the way you hyped the action & alas, the action wasn't that good. You can't compare the action in the movie to that in the likes of Black Hawk Down or Lone Survivor, the action in the aforementioned two, grabs you by the balls & never let's go until the very end. I'd even rank Wolf Warrior 2 a better Chinese war action movie than it.

Lol, I no vex oo. I just take the matter funny as baba still dey use him MB blood haunt me since. grin grin

Lol, na so e be at times. Yep, the action can't be compared to the aforementioned two. Wolf Warrior 2 is head and shoulders better than it. E be like say na spirit of hype enter my body that time. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
abduleez1:

Lol, I no vex oo. I just take the matter funny as baba still dey use him MB blood haunt me since. grin grin

Lol, na so e be at times. Yep, the action can't be compared to the aforementioned two. Wolf Warrior 2 is head and shoulders better than it. E be like say na spirit of hype enter my body that time. grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JaceBlaze: 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
Con Air
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
Avengers Endgame

77th rewatch.

Though I have tons of unwatched movies on my device and very little spare time at the moment, I still created time to watch this beauty.

How did this movie end up not winning anything at the Oscars?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ToyinDipo(m): 1:53am On Jun 15, 2020
Me Before You
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Twifemmy(m): 6:36am On Jun 15, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hj74UbsiEA

“It's through curiosity and looking at opportunities in new ways that we've always mapped our path.”

“If a window of opportunity appears, don't pull down the shade.”

“Pursuing your passions makes you more interesting, and interesting people are enchanting.”
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 11:30am On Jun 15, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Avengers Endgame

77th rewatch

How did this movie end up not winning anything at the Oscars?
77th, literally or figuritively? It didn't win an Oscar because it had just 1 nomination and it didn't even stand a chance against the other movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 15, 2020
Literally.

Though must have seen it like 20+ times already.

It is not every time you get to see all your favourite heroes come team up together on the big screen cheesy

Nickshrapnel:
77th, literally or figuritively? It didn't win an Oscar because it had just 1 nomination and it didn't even stand a chance against the other movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Literally.

It is not every time you get to see all your favourite heroes come team up together on the big screen cheesy

Only Infinity War gets me hyped even though I've seen it more than 10 times
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Literally.

Figuratively...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
Alright
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2020
Liposure:
THE PROFESSIONALS (1994)
One of those thrillers after my heart. Exciting thanks 2 jaw-dropping scenes n stellar performances from the cast. Gary oldman killed his role. Likewise the young natalie portman on her debut. In the end, I had fun
You meant Leon the professional (1994) right?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
mekaprime:
3:10 to Yuma(2007)... Rewatch
Genre: Western, Action, Drama

Irrespective of some little plot inconsistencies here & there, which I'd gladly over look, it was a damn fine movie with a very good script.

Action sequence were great, photography was breathtaking, the sceneries were spectacular so to speak.

Stellar performances from the cast, particularly from the 2 fine leads (Crowe & Bale). Bale continues to impress me in every role he features in. Fun fact, I've never seen Christian Bale perform badly in any role he plays, he's always on point & perfect.

Masterful directing by the fine gentleman director, dude sure knows his onions/craft.

Truly worth the Rewatch.

best Western movie I've seen personally... though I haven't seen that much western
enjoyed every bit of it from start to finish.
Russell Crowe was immense

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (3838) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.