Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,126 members, 7,838,865 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3789583 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) ... (3846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by scovic33: 8:52am On Jun 17, 2020
Warrior (2011)

Awesome sport movie like Ford v Ferrari, Million Dollar Baby.

Solid 8.5/10

Highly recommended.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Benalfa(m): 9:34am On Jun 17, 2020
joseph1832:

What a movie. Always a nice watch. Sometimes I just can't help but think if Leonidas and his brave 300 are really mad or truly brave and very bold.
mad what I rather die a free man than caged as a slave
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Benalfa(m): 9:37am On Jun 17, 2020
scovic33:
Warrior (2011)

Awesome sport movie like Ford v Ferrari, Million Dollar Baby.

Solid 8.5/10

Highly recommended.
which website did u download this
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 17, 2020
Speaking in the technical terms of warfare.

While it was a tactical loss for the 300 Spartans since they all lost their lives on the battlefield, it was a resounding strategic victory for them since their objective of not allowing the passage of the invading Persian forces was a success.

They only sacrificed their lives for the greater good because they were buying for the whole of Greece to get their acts together and unite against Persia which later happened (watch the part 2).

joseph1832:

What a movie. Always a nice watch. Sometimes I just can't help but think if Leonidas and his brave 300 are really mad or truly brave and very bold.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 10:07am On Jun 17, 2020
Patiently watching the outcome of this issue.

The only fact I know is that Streetoto1 is spamming. Let's see what happens.

Apologies, if I am derailing.

Edit.

Nevermind, they have removed the spammer. Its okay.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:29am On Jun 17, 2020
joseph1832:

They were extremely brave, but yet proud & overconfident(not listening to the hunchback), the later 2 was what led to their demise. The hunchback was clearly not a fighter but rather a strategist who knew the terrain.

They underestimated the Persians, they never believe the Persians were formidable enough to amass & send about 6000 of their armies. If not for the fact that they were betrayed by the hunchback, they would have comfortable held the pass until reinforcement came in.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:43am On Jun 17, 2020
NaijaMemes:

I am happy that someone else here watched this.

I was watching this video in tears! I've experienced racist policing before and so, I know the pain. It cannot be compared to a father or a mother watching a son being brutally murdered by police on video.

I'm happy that many around the world are now seeing how deep racism is in America. Some Nigerians do not know what racism is. I even read a comment some months back from a nairalander claiming that african americans are too rude to police, and that is why they suffer police brutality. Wow.

Black Lives Matter. Africans should open their eyes. We should empower each other first, so that no one can bully us.

My apologies for the rant.

Have a blessed day, sister.

Stay out of trouble and do whats necessary to succeed, and you will realize you are in the place to be.
Black Lives Matter? you people are being used.

Now we await the complete overhaul of white super heroes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 11:46am On Jun 17, 2020
Upgrade (2018)
8.9/10

Action Horror Sci-fi Thriller

This movie gives you Matrix + alittle bit of Terminator chills grin .This movie was estimated 5million dollars better than some Highly Budgeted garbage films
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2020
No offence but the entire first paragraph and the first sentence in your second paragraph of your post are hogwash.

* A military unit is only as strong as the weakest link in it, Leonidas gave the hunchback audience and the chance to show that he can fight in the phalanx formation and he couldn't even raise the shield to protect himself much more hold it in formation. He is of no use to them.

* Leonidas knew exactly what he was up against and he knew that he was never coming back. He laid down his life for the unification of Greek forces.

* And by the way, the Persians were wagging a war of attrition at the pass, sending waves upon waves of soldiers.
It was only matter of time before the pass will be eventually overran by the much larger invading forces even without the act of betrayal. The betrayal only made it happen quicker.

mekaprime:

They were extremely brave, but yet proud & overconfident(not listening to the hunchback), the later 2 was what led to their demise. The hunchback was clearly not a fighter but rather a strategist who knew the terrain.

They underestimated the Persians, they never believe the Persians were formidable enough to amass & send about 6000 of their armies. If not for the fact that they were betrayed by the hunchback, they would have comfortable held the pass until reinforcement came in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 11:48am On Jun 17, 2020
armadeo:

Is this out?.

Just finished the rock.

Old school cage when he was still hot.

Tight movie. 8.5/10.

Yes it's out. Disney failed with this one
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 11:55am On Jun 17, 2020
"tonight we dine in hell" grin

joseph1832:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Speaking in the technical terms of warfare.

While it was a tactical loss for the 300 Spartans since they all lost their lives on the battlefield, it was a resounding strategic victory for them since their objective of not allowing the passage of the invading Persian forces was a success.

They only sacrificed their lives for the greater good because they were buying for the whole of Greece to get their acts together and unite against Persia which later happened (watch the part 2).

In other words: It was a PYRRHIC VICTORY. grin

Most definitely deserve a rewatch. grin Lord Snyder is a boss of epicness and Battle scenes. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2020
alexistaiwo:
No offence but the entire first paragraph and the first sentence in your second paragraph of your post are hogwash.

* A military unit is only as strong as the weakest link in it, Leonidas gave the hunchback audience and the chance to show that he can fight in the phalanx formation and he couldn't even raise the shield to protect himself much more hold it in formation. He is of no use to them.

* Leonidas knew exactly what he was up against and he knew that he was never coming back. He laid down his life for the unification of Greek forces.

* And by the way, the Persians were wagging a war of attrition at the pass, sending waves upon waves of soldiers.
It was only matter of time before the pass will be eventually overran by the much larger invading forces even without the act of betrayal. The betrayal only made it happen quicker.

You have just confirmed your military and tactical knowledge. grin

Lord Alexis. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Texman21: 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
The midnight man

10/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2020
alexistaiwo:

* A military unit is only as strong as the weakest link in it, Leonidas gave the hunchback audience and the chance to show that he can fight in the phalanx formation and he couldn't even raise the shield to protect himself much more hold it in formation. He is of no use to them
Yes he was no use to them in the phalanx formation but, they would have still kept him as a reserve, if probably with the Daxon's army(those ones that were everything but solders). Do you know the Spartans had about 4300 allies in that battle, why wasn't he relegated to those allies, or were the allies also using the famous phalanx formation. The hunchback could clearly fight (go read up on him).

Leonidas knew exactly what he was up against and he knew that he was never coming back. He laid down his life for the unification of Greek forces
The most important part of my write up was holding the pass until reinforcements came in. So I never said Leonidas or any of the others were coming back.

And by the way, the Persians were wagging a war of attrition at the pass, sending waves upon waves of soldiers.

War of attrition yeah. But the 300 never seemed weakened by the constant and sustained attacks by the Persians.
The had literally crushed everything throw at them, from monsters, magic, immortals, Cavalry, they lay waste to everything. Xerxes at a point became clueless. Yeah they would have eventually be overrun, but that would have been enough time for reinforcements to come in.

Before the betrayal they were strongly defending the pass & martyring themselves to force Sparta's government into full military action. How long would they could have defended the pass if they weren't betrayed? possibly enough time before reinforcements arrive. As a matter of fact, the Spartans had about 700 who came from Thespiae, 400 from Thebes, & 300 Helots. In all, they had about 4300 allies in the battle of Thermopylae. To me, that's quite enough to stall until reinforcements arrived.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2020
Bro, are you speaking from a cinematic perspective or from a historical angle?

Your points are contradictory.
Because saying that the army wasn't weakened before the act of betrayal is for Cinema dramatisation, you don't expect the principal actors to be killed off without any climatic effect, do you?

From a historical perspective, the pass was always going to be overran even if the whole 300 Spartans and 5000 allies were defending it.
They can only hold on for so long and knowing how vindictive Greeks warring regional states are, the defeat of the 300 will happen before they get their acts together and unify their forces.

mekaprime:
Yes he was no use to them in the phalanx formation but, they would have still kept him as a reserve, if probably with the Daxon's army(those ones that were everything but solders). Do you know the Spartans had about 4300 allies in that battle, why wasn't he relegated to those allies, or were the allies also using the famous phalanx formation. The hunchback could clearly fight (go read up on him).

The most important part of my write up was holding the pass until reinforcements came in. So I never said Leonidas or any of the others were coming back.

War of attrition yeah. But the 300 never seemed weakened by the constant and sustained attacks by the Persians.
The had literally crushed everything throw at them, from monsters, magic, immortals, Cavalry, they lay waste to everything. Xerxes at a point became clueless. Yeah they would have eventually be overrun, but that would have been enough time for reinforcements to come in.

Before the betrayal they were strongly defending the pass & martyring themselves to force Sparta's government into full military action. How long would they could have defended the pass if they weren't betrayed? possibly enough time before reinforcements arrive. As a matter of fact, the Spartans had about 700 who came from Thespiae, 400 from Thebes, & 300 Helots. In all, they had about 4300 allies in the battle of Thermopylae. To me, that's quite enough to stall until reinforcements arrive.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mistercharles: 1:51pm On Jun 17, 2020
alexistaiwo:

howfa now?
Football is back...book up na cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 17, 2020
mekaprime:

Did we watch the same film?

First, the hunchback never tried to dissuade leonidas from going to war, but rather, betrayed leonidas and his men after leonidas rejected his attempt to join the ranks of the 300 because of his deformity. the guy cannot even lift a shield or wield a sword without panting like somebody that ran a Marathon. He held a grudge against Leonidas since then, and to get back at leonidas, betrayed him to Xerxes, which resulted in leonidas telling the hunchback, "you'll live forever", a curse, because every spartan seeks a glorious death in. battle.

Second, Leonidas never underestimated the Persians, he knew exactly what him and his men are up against. He knew him and his men will get killed in battle, an eventuality him and his men embraced wholeheartedly. It's the culture of spartans to seek a glorious death in battle. He wanted to inspire the greek kingdoms to unite and defeat the persians. The defeat of the 300 rejuvenated the Greeks to unite, and go to war, and even though the persians sacked Athens, the greeks rallied and defeated the persians a year later. So leonidas may have lost the battle but he won the war in the end.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2020
alexistaiwo:

Thank you! the guy didn't understand the film.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2020
mekaprime:

Historically, the hunchback wasn't a hunchback and was never rejected from joining leonidas.

In addition, historically, the 300 men were approximately 7000 in number.

But we're discussing the cinematic translation, not history.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2020
ibkayee:

Very steamy scenes, I'm still trying to figure out if they were real or not grin
Explain yourself
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
Nova15:

Yes it's out. Disney failed with this one

That's sad.

The books were a bit entertaining.
I was looking forward to seeing the movie.

Download links pls
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2020
How can I book when I don't have spare cash?

Covid-19 set me back three years cheesy

mistercharles:
howfa now? Football is back...book up na cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) ... (3846) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.