Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,955 members, 7,828,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3770546 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) ... (3840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newguy1(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
NaijaMemes:
I think I'm in love with Chadwick Boseman (no homo).

I see him starring in a movie, and I watch it.

1. Black Panther
2. Da 5 bloods
3. 21 Bridges

I think that Boseman should have been the one starring in TENET.
try watch draft day too that was his first movie I watched n I singled him out as a favorite
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
Naked Weapon 2002
Quite sexy and deadly. The fight scenes and action sequences were definitely its main feature as it tries more 2 please with the use of CGI 2 the extent of looking implausible and unrealistic
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hathor5(f): 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
Django Unchained

3rd time

Still good.

I just wish the female character was more interesting. Trentino did a bad job here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bamz(m): 2:35am On Jun 20, 2020
Shot Caller 2017

This is one fantastic crime/thriller movie. Got to see Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in a screen show other than G.O.T. This movie is filled with some raw gangster action. If you hate the sight of blood-filled violence, its better to avoid. The plot was excellent. Nikolaj loved his family from afar and did things for their good after his imprisonment turned him from a good guy to some venomous being. He was smart enough to realise that his lifestyle was going to put them in harms way so he did not even try getting back with them. Deep down I feel the producer should have somehow reunited him with his family but I totally understand, life is not all sunshine and rainbows.

8.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:41am On Jun 20, 2020
newguy1:
try watch draft day too that was his first movie I watched n I singled him out as a favorite

Draft Day was his first movie I watched as well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by StTrump: 8:55am On Jun 20, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by solostar1: 10:24am On Jun 20, 2020
Bratking:

Great movie. The director took everything he learnt from Felon (2008), and applied it here in a sort of remake, only better.

I can't get enough of prison films. Some of my favourites are, The Shawshank Redemption, Brawl in Cell Block 99, Starred Up, Blood In Blood Out, Papillon, Cell 211, A Prayer before Dawn, Un Prophete...
A prayer before Dawn was so real, it felt like am watching a documentary.
It will leave you depressed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Babaj145(m): 10:43am On Jun 20, 2020
nani667:
cheesy

Dude is already getting buffed up..

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2020
mekaprime2:

For a "know it all", you day fall hand big time.
" Am" is a colloquial & the informal form of "I am" / "I'm".

-"I am/I'm" is used mostly in formal Writing, eg Business, employment etc. As regards the 2(I am/I'm) "I am" is more appropriate when a formal tone is intended.

-"Am" on the other hand, is used in informal writing. In an informal setting & in short-forms of communication like we have here on this thread, words & letters can be omitted. So long as am not writing to neither of my Boss nor the Governor, it's neither an error of omission nor commission.

Am not an authority in the white man's language, but at least, i have a clue on this one. Hope you've learnt something new today, now run along lad.

No be only AM na PM.

Just say that you were speaking in text message short form. Or informally. Don't try to act smart.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 20, 2020
Do we have an impending spectacle on our hands? cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 11:40am On Jun 20, 2020
mekaprime2:

For a "know it all", you day fall hand big time.
" Am" is a colloquial & the informal form of "I am" / "I'm".

-"I am/I'm" is used mostly in formal Writing, eg Business, employment etc. As regards the 2(I am/I'm) "I am" is more appropriate when a formal tone is intended.

-"Am" on the other hand, is used in informal writing. In an informal setting & in short-forms of communication like we have here on this thread, words & letters can be omitted. So long as am not writing to neither of my Boss nor the Governor, it's neither an error of omission nor commission.

Am not an authority in the white man's language, but at least, i have a clue on this one. Hope you've learnt something new today, now run along lad.

Just accept that you're wrong and move on. You don't have to write this epistle justifying your mistake.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 11:45am On Jun 20, 2020
mekaprime2:

So all i said flew over your head abi? It obvious you have comprehension problems. What's the difference between what i said & what you typed, My guy better crawl back to the hole you came out from. You're forever ignored.

Calm down, Sir.

The difference was that you were trying to say that you were technically right by stating that "am" is the colloquial form of "I am", which is not true.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by purplekayc(m): 11:59am On Jun 20, 2020
James bond series
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
NaijaMemes:

No be only AM na PM.

Just say that you were speaking in text message short form. Or informally. Don't try to act smart.

Lol.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
mekaprime2:

Now you've come. We are all learning & nobody is perfect, criticize me constructively. Colloquial is used when people are speaking in an informal way.
How many of us speak in a formal way here? How many of us obey the laws of Concord here? We use slangs, abbreviations etc. So my question is, why does my using "Am" here have to be red flagged as wrong? People make grammatical errors here on a daily basis, & it's overlooked, i used a word informally & it's red flagged why.... Hope you understand my stance now.

Ok you said am isn't the colloquial of I am. In informal writing, is it out of place to use am as a substitute for I am?

Story for the gods.

Just say that you were writing in short-form. Colloquial means "from informal spoken language". Most people say "I'm" not "am" in real life.

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 12:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
Rule 21

Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.

Cc Mekaprime2.

Enough derailing

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
NaijaMemes:
Rule 21

Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.

Cc Mekaprime2.

Enough derailing

He wouldn't have derailed if y'all didn't gang up on him like a pack of hungry hyenas undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
pu7pl3:

He wouldn't have derailed if y'all didn't gang up on him like a pack of hungry hyenas undecided

People don't like pretentious know-it-alls.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RayMcBlue(m): 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
mekaprime2:

Now you've come. We are all learning & nobody is perfect, criticize me constructively. Colloquial is used when people are speaking in an informal way.
How many of us speak in a formal way here? How many of us obey the laws of Concord here? We use slangs, abbreviations etc. So my question is, why does my using "Am" here have to be red flagged as wrong? People make grammatical errors here on a daily basis, & it's overlooked, i used a word informally & it's red flagged why.... Hope you understand my stance now.

Ok you said am isn't the colloquial of I am. In informal writing, is it out of place to use am as a substitute for I am?

'I'm' is the short form (informal) of 'I am', not 'Am'. Am is a verb.

It's a grammatical blunder to use 'am' in the place of 'I am'. If you want to be less formal, use the contractual form of 'I am', which is 'I'm'.

'Am' is allowed in texting wherein the sentence construction is very simplified. Words like 'from', and 'to' are abbreviated to become '4rm', and '2', and so on.

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by logicboy: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
Mekaprime2 has suffered!

You guys on this thread are wicked. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by logicboy: 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
losprince:

I watched it the minute it came out on YouTube. I wholeheartedly respect Dave's viewpoint on the matter, still, I must say that I shook my head at some of the points he was trying to make or counter.

I understand that emotions are running high at the moment due to that man's death, but the aftermath has been nothing but pointless protests, riots, anarchy, political pandering and celebrity bunking.

Police brutality affects all races.

Police brutality affects black people disproportionately more

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Benalfa(m): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
logicboy:
Mekaprime2 has suffered!

You guys on this thread are wicked. grin grin

lol,it was as if they were waiting 4 him to make the mistake.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Opemopem15: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) ... (3840) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: bisqit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.