Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3748773 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2295) (2296) (2297) (2298) (2299) (2300) (2301) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newguy1(m): 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2020
armadeo:

This is sad. Saw the trailer and thought it would be nice.
Will still see it later though.
pls go n watch it that rating is nonsense at best I will give it a 4.5 or 5 even. When u start u won’t even know when u r done watch it not a movie u will feel bad for watching
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Thanos1000: 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

What will you do? Snap me out of existence?
No that might take a heavy toll on your people...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2020
The Hobbit Trilogy 8.5/10

I marvelled at the brilliance and ingenuity of the novel, but I must say the movie is a class of it's own and it tried to compliment the book and did a rather good job although still fell short ( grin What movie doesn't? ). They took ordinary but interesting moments in the book and made spectacles of them. While the book was a fairytale style adventure, the movies were epic fantasy adventures; and they didn't stop there, they took it a little bit too far, they introduced a love triangle for ph-uc sakes! I aslo want to point out the some of the action sequences were quite outlandish, especially those involving elves, it was like kung fu fleems on steriods.

WOW, one hour plus of undiluted action! grin My PRECIOUS!!! battle of the five armieses, we've never seen anything likes its, has we precious? no we hasn't. Gollum Gollum. cheesy

Now, I am quiet aware thanks to the internet that this trilogy doesn't compare to the lord of the rings, so I have come to expect great things from that one when I see it, I'm on book one and the story is just too phenomenal already. Tolkein is one terrific writer.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Opemopem15: 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2020

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2020
Galapagous:
train to bus an 2.
fell short of something, I'd choose the first part over and over again.
I got tired too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
Project Power
The Divine Fury
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2020
Would this movie ever show in Nigerian cinemas? Guess I’d have to see this on my phone

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

What will you do? Snap me out of existence?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
This movie Schindlers List is it any good? Always seen people talk about it. I no Wan download rubbish abeg to avoid 600 years abeg the movie make?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Csami(m): 7:24pm On Aug 31, 2020
Captain America civil war

Just saw this movie again and I couldn't help but to feel a bit of empathy for Zemo when he apologized to T'challa(God rest his soul). He was one of those underrated marvel villain yet dealt them a big blow and to think he did all that without having any special power or suit. Pure evil of heart.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
RAT RACE
Funny as hell, absurd to a fault. The goal is to make you laugh from start to finish. Crazy stuff. I enjoyed myself
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 8:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
Liposure:
RAT RACE
Funny as hell, absurd to a fault. The goal is to make you laugh from start to finish. Crazy stuff. I enjoyed myself
that movie was crazily funny, from the start to Finnish. Just searched about it again it was released 19 years ago wow

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mr Bean?

Liposure:
RAT RACE
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Mr Bean?

and the rest
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2020
Chibudollar:
This movie Schindlers List is it any good? Always seen people talk about it. I no Wan download rubbish abeg to avoid 600 years abeg the movie make?

Me sef I dey plan to watch am....

It's always included in All time great movies. I think it's in Black and White. Most say it's a masterpiece. Steven Spielberg is the Director, I think.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
Chibudollar:
It's about the persecution and genocide against the Jews by the Nazi during the 2nd World War and one man's attempt to save a lot of lives. It's gritty and tense.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:02pm On Aug 31, 2020
losprince:
The Hobbit Trilogy 8.5/10

I marvelled at the brilliance and ingenuity of the novel, but I must say the movie is a class of it's own and it tried to compliment the book and did a rather good job although still fell short ( grin What movie doesn't? ). They took ordinary but interesting moments in the book and made spectacles of them. While the book was a fairytale style adventure, the movies were epic fantasy adventures; and they didn't stop there, they took it a little bit too far, they introduced a love triangle for ph-uc sakes! I aslo want to point out the some of the action sequences were quite outlandish, especially those involving elves, it was like kung fu fleems on steriods.

WOW, one hour plus of undiluted action! grin My PRECIOUS!!! battle of the five armieses, we've never seen anything likes its, has we precious? no we hasn't. Gollum Gollum. cheesy

Now, I am quiet aware thanks to the internet that this trilogy doesn't compare to the lord of the rings, so I have come to expect great things from that one when I see it, I'm on book one and the story is just too phenomenal already. Tolkein is one terrific writer.

So na Hobbit trilogy make you dey yap like this?.

Wait till you see The LOTR Trilogies. You'll WAN_K **cough** sorry **coughs** ASK for more... grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kryptonvinyl(m): 1:26am On Sep 01, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 7:47am On Sep 01, 2020
oyaskii:
Chambers of secret is easily the best in the entire franchise, if for anything it topped the quality of part 1....imo.

I actually think it's the worst from a story telling perspective.
It's enjoyable oh. But the instant you think about it, you'll realize that there is too many Deus Ex Machina's in it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:04am On Sep 01, 2020
Gmajor:

I actually think it's the worst from a story telling perspective.
It's enjoyable oh. But the instant you think about it, you'll realize that there is too many Deus Ex Machina's in it
I frankly quite disagree, it had one of the best storytelling in the entire franchise and your theory of "Deus Ex Machina" is flawed cuz it's purely a fantasy flick. If the story was bad and too many "Deus Ex Machina" moment in it, what then did you now find enjoyable in it?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 11:16am On Sep 01, 2020
Alexistaiwo,

These religious Nigerians are pushing me to the limit. Churches and Mosques have been reopened but they are still deliberating on cinemas!

But wait, these pastors are some of the best actors known to man. They can act drama and stage all kinds of science fiction miracles just to get tithes and offerings. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong- the real movies are in church- spiritual drama-comedy plus science fiction.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 12:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
oyaskii:
I frankly quite disagree, it had one of the best storytelling in the entire franchise and your theory of "Deus Ex Machina" is flawed cuz it's purely a fantasy flick. If the story was bad and too many "Deus Ex Machina" moment in it, what then did you now find enjoyable in it?

Like I said initially, it is enjoyable.
A movie can be flawed and still be fun and enjoyable.

Here are some Deus ex machinas I can remember.

1) when the Harry and Ron were in the spiders den and were almost devoured by the spiders, the flying car just magically appears out of thin air and after that rescue, the car is never seen again.

2) in the chamber of secret, Dumbuldor's bird magically finds its way into the chamber and blinds the Basaliks.

The birds also managed to bring the sorting hat that somehow contained the only weapon that can defeat a basalik.

The bird also has an antidote to something as lethal as a basalik bite.

The bird also has magically powers that can allow it to life 4 people out of a well.

Hmmmmm

Granted, Deus ex Machina are very prevalent in fantasy and I don't hate them.

But when you compare HP 2 to the rest of the story, you'll realize that the Deus ex machina plenty wella
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
abduleez1:

So na Hobbit trilogy make you dey yap like this?.

Wait till you see The LOTR Trilogies. You'll WAN_K **cough** sorry **coughs** ASK for more... grin grin
grin
I've already conditioned my mind for it, I'll try and look for high quality copies this time.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
I don't have much to say.

Check my signature cheesy

AbdulSleeky:
Alexistaiwo,

These religious Nigerians are pushing me to the limit. Churches and Mosques have been reopened but they are still deliberating on cinemas!

But wait, these pastors are some of the best actors known to man. They can act drama and stage all kinds of science fiction miracles just to get tithes and offerings. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong- the real movies are in church- spiritual drama-comedy plus science fiction.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2020
Gmajor:

Like I said initially, it is enjoyable.
A movie can be flawed and still be fun and enjoyable.

Here are some Deus ex machinas I can remember.

1) when the Harry and Ron were in the spiders den and were almost devoured by the spiders, the flying car just magically appears out of thin air and after that rescue, the car is never seen again.

2) in the chamber of secret, Dumbuldor's bird magically finds its way into the chamber and blinds the Basaliks.

The birds also managed to bring the sorting hat that somehow contained the only weapon that can defeat a basalik.

The bird also has an antidote to something as lethal as a basalik bite.

The bird also has magically powers that can allow it to life 4 people out of a well.

Hmmmmm

Granted, Deus ex Machina are very prevalent in fantasy and I don't hate them.

But when you compare HP 2 to the rest of the story, you'll realize that the Deus ex machina plenty wella
Alaye, dey pay attention to details and dialogue (or download subtitles). Jazz up. No dey lose concentration. You keep asking questions or making points that make people faceplam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kaycee7:
Alaye, dey pay attention to details and dialogue (or download subtitles). Jazz up. No dey lose concentration. You keep asking questions or making points that make people faceplam

LMAO.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
losprince:

grin
I've already conditioned my mind for it, I'll try and look for high quality copies this time.
Make sure you download the extended cut of each movie in the trilogy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2020
wiconse:
I got tired too
I spent 3 days on it alone. it got lucky the first part attracted much attention
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kaycee7:
Everything he mentioned there was foreshadowed and later explained, there was no way Harry could have stopped riddle on his own and without help.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2020
losprince:

Everything he mentioned there was foreshadowed and later explained, there was no way Harry could have stopped riddle on his own and without help.
I swear down. All his issues with Fawkes, the phoenix, was addressed in Dumbledore's office when he was reborn from his ashes.
The Weasley's car went into the Forbidden Forest in the first act and came to Harry and Ron in the same Forbidden Forest.
That post just weak me.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
Time to check out the part 2 of Train to Busan, although the reviews I have been seeing aren't encouraging.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kaycee7:

Which kind mumu comment be this?
If you no understand wetin I type make you swerve joor

(1) (2) (3) ... (2295) (2296) (2297) (2298) (2299) (2300) (2301) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.