Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3745055 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 9:27am On Sep 19, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

Concurred. Henry Cavilling would portray the hell out of James Bond. He's got the swag and looks.
I kinda agree with this though. Dude is way taller and way cooler than Tom Hardy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 9:27am On Sep 19, 2020
CosmicPhoenix:
some are even saying idris Elba,which is a no for me,cavill would have been better

they're joking right? A black James Bond? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 9:29am On Sep 19, 2020
the thing tire me sef.

joseph1832:
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2020
CosmicPhoenix:
Tom Hardy is the new James Bond

I seriously doubt this... I've been hearing this rumor for a week now and he's amongst favorites..

But I believe Henry Cavill would have been better for this job. Also because of his age. Cavill has more time and years to build the franchise for about 3-4 movies.
Hardy is also kinda short for Agent 007.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:51am On Sep 19, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

He's not short though. 5"10 isn't considered short in many countries. He's of average height.

grin grin omo 5"10 no be average height oo.

It's tall, or slightly tall if you reason am...

5"8 is usually the Base average height generally. Although it depends on the countries and Race. Eg Nordic countries and Germanic people have an average height of above/or 6"0.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 10:25am On Sep 19, 2020
joseph1832:
Wait till you hear them tell you they are making JB female
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 10:27am On Sep 19, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

Height is no longer a factor in movie castings. Tom Cruise is the figure head of Mission Impossible franchise, and the guy is only 5"7.
I think height is still a factor they consider though, Tom Cruise is a bankable actor and that is why he gets the role
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
heard about that but I think it's a far cry. It's just not possible.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 10:37am On Sep 19, 2020
abduleez1:

I seriously doubt this... I've been hearing this rumor for a week now and he's amongst favorites..

But I believe Henry Cavill would have been better for this job. Also because of his age. Cavill has more time and years to build the franchise for about 3-4 movies.
Hardy is also kinda short for Agent 007.
People are saying it's already true though. It's growing on Twitter.

1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 11:03am On Sep 19, 2020
Nickshrapnel:

There is also a black female james bond. She is in the trailer. She is meant to be his replacement!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 11:24am On Sep 19, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

There is also a black female james bond. She is in the trailer. She is meant to be his replacement!
She May play another agent but definitely not 007

Update: The black lady is playing agent 00
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

bond is still bond but he's been replaced as 007
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2020
The Devil All The Time - 6/10
Highly disappointed. Could have been made into a T.V series instead of a movie where a lot of important details were not explored. Or the producers could have made it into an at least 2hr 30mins movie or hand the movie over to a vetter studio. Performances were wonderful though especially Tom, Pattinson and Melling but it lacked something. Netflix have to put more into the movies they produce.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I think height is still a factor they consider though, Tom Cruise is a bankable actor and that is why he gets the role

Height is longer a factor in modern filmmaking. There are creative ways of making a short guy look tall on screen.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
joseph1832:
People are saying it's already true though. It's growing on Twitter.

I don't like his face as new JB. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
abduleez1:

5"8 is usually the Base average height generally. Although it depends on the countries and Race. Eg Nordic countries and Germanic people have an average height of above/or 6"0.

In the tall countries (The Netherlands, Scandinavia, Germany), 6"0 is the average height for men.

In the Anglosphere (UK, USA, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) 5"10 is the average height for men.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2020
troubleseller:
The Devil All The Time - 6/10
Highly disappointed. Could have been made into a T.V series instead of a movie where a lot of important details were not explored. Or the producers could have made it into an at least 2hr 30mins movie or hand the movie over to a vetter studio. Performances were wonderful though especially Tom, Pattinson and Melling but it lacked something. Netflix have to put more into the movies they produce.

For Netflix, profit takes precedence over ethics. Style over substance. Quantity over quality.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by introvertme: 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
Social dilemma 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 8:05pm On Sep 19, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

For Netflix, profit takes precedence over ethics. Style over substance. Quantity over quality.

I agree. Anything to make a quick buck. I'm still mad at them for releasing Cuties even after many people strongly voiced their disapproval.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 20, 2020
Good morning everyone, please I need links or sites where I can download Chinese Movies. Donnie Yen movies like Flash Point, Legend of the Fist, Enter the Fat Dragon, Special ID, etc

Stephen Chow and Sammo Hung movies too����

Thanks in advance
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aguemma(m): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2020
Skynumba1:
Good morning everyone, please I need links or sites where I can download Chinese Movies. Donnie Yen movies like Flash Point, Legend of the Fist, Enter the Fat Dragon, Special ID, etc

Stephen Chow and Sammo Hung movies too����

Thanks in advance

9jarocks.com
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aguemma(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2020
Who have seen "The 2nd"? Very interesting movie, I give it 9/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by purplekayc(m): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2020
grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 11:53am On Sep 20, 2020
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 9/10

Hats off to the Coen brothers, those guys are in a league of there own.

An anthology of six short films that takes place in a western setting. Each movie serves up a different emotion, always subverts expectation, but all tend to share a similar lesson and pass the same message.

Prepare to be filled with laughter, heartbreak and trepidation.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
Aguemma:

9jarocks.com

Thanks man, but I have been there and some movies I want aren't there. Thanks once again though, I really appreciate it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2020
losprince:
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 9/10

Hats off to the Coen brothers, those guys are in a league of there own.

An anthology of six short films that takes place in a western setting. Each movie serves up a different emotion, always subverts expectation, but all tend to share a similar lesson and pass the same message.

Prepare to be filled with laughter, heartbreak and trepidation.
I always thought someone will save cowboy before I saw the movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

In the tall countries (The Netherlands, Scandinavia, Germany), 6"0 is the average height for men.

In the Anglosphere (UK, USA, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) 5"10 is the average height for men.

Citation needed because I can't find any evidence to support this claim.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I always thought someone will save cowboy before I saw the movie
Same here, I always thought the guy made a grand escape.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
losprince:

Same here, I always thought the guy made a grand escape.
Anyways, the picture made a nice meme
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 2:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
Spenser Confidential: 2 stars out of 4.

Would have made more sense if they had abandoned the action/buddy cop thing going on.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2020
abduleez1:

Is there anything like 5.10 tho? After 5.9 it's 6.0
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
Elder0001:

Is there anything like 5.10 tho? After 5.9 it's 6.0

Nah, 12" make 1 feet....after 5"11 it's 6"0

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Ajd19, Eldeedon(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.