Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,525 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3789082 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) (2381) (2382) ... (3846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 4:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

Coming from a guy who wholly believe that WW 1984 is a mindfvck, it's not surprising that anything half decent is a mindfvck to you. Dumb ass.

Kindly quote me where I wrote that WW 1984 is a mindfuck.

Why are you just a moronic troll? Why can't you just leave me and my comments alone? Are you okay at all?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2020

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Kindly quote me where I wrote that WW 1984 is a mindfuck.

Why are you just a moronic troll? Why can't you just leave me and my comments alone? Are you okay at all?

I may have dreamt it but weren't you the one who rated WW 1984 5.5/10 just because the sorry excuse you call a brain couldn't process the straightforward plot points? To make matters worse, your cheap ass watched a blurry CAMrip copy undecided. Would it kill you to spend a buck?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
nani667:

Good morning my neighbours!

Hey, Fvck You!

Yes, yes, Fvck you too! grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
pu7pl3:

Ava
Enola Holmes
Aquaman
Birds of prey
Captain America civil war
The Gentlemen
Da 5 bloods
Guy you still mention the "Ava" grin
The spell this babe cast on you na strong one oo

Thanks anyways
Have seen all except the last one
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

I may have dreamt it but weren't you the one who rated WW 1984 5.5/10 just because the sorry excuse you call a brain couldn't process the straightforward plot points? To make matters worse, your cheap ass watched a blurry CAMrip copy undecided. Would it kill you to spend a buck?

Lmao.

You have nothing to say. Just say that you miss me. Stop attaching nonsense to my comments.

The most homophobic people are usually closeted gays.

Sorry, my ass is not for sale.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
2dice01:
Guy you still mention the "Ava" grin
The spell this babe cast on you na strong one oo

Thanks anyways
Have seen all except the last one

no be small one truly grin

Let me kuku show you some of my files

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

Fixed.

Take time o

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
cao:

Yes, PVOD. I got a free rental code for Rakunten TV, so used the code to rent the film. I see why this film did well. I didn't expect the film to hit my with the feels like that, but it did, especially with its 3 endings. How the first ending calls back to a discussion, the second calls back to a moment and the third calls back to music - the journey that face makes eh during that third ending, na wa... Chei!

I can see folks saying this film is boring & manufactured since it's a film with a main cast of 4 women mostly talking, but it's just a story of women living their lives & working in that time period. It's certainly well directed, well produced, cinematography is on point! Apparently, it was filmed in 8K, so that explains the gorgeous colour.

I see why one of the YouTubers I follow had this and Parasite as his best 2 films of 2019. Rating: 9/10.
Thanks for the review. It has been on my "to watch list" since last year but as with most movies produced outside of the US, the distribution and streaming right can become a headache tho it had a very limited cinema run earlier this year, I haven't been able to find it anywhere since. Have you seen "Ammonite"? am hearing it has the same vibe as this.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

People need to watch the animatrix first.

Even I understood the Matrix partially. The movie came out 1999 when I was still a boy.

But after seeing the animatrix in 2007 and then watching the movies again, I understood the philosophy very well.
Ngl Chief, had the same issue when i saw the first installment, couldn't make sense of it, i basically just enjoyed the action sequence, it was when i saw Reloaded and Revolution, i now finally understood the war between the humans and the machines, miss this and the person seeing it is essentially lost.

Btw, do you think this forthcoming fourth installment is needed, or it's just another money grabbing scheme?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
pu7pl3:

no be small one truly grin

Let me kuku show you some of my files
Thanks appreciate bro
I don screensave all of them
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 7:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
oyaskii:
Ngl Chief, had the same issue when i saw the first installment, couldn't make sense of it, i basically just enjoyed the action sequence, it was when i saw Reloaded and Revolution, i now finally understood the war between the humans and the machines, miss this and the person seeing it is essentially lost.

Btw, do you think this forthcoming fourth installment is needed, or it's just another money grabbing scheme?

Ah....personally, I dont know how they are going to extend the story when the protagonist died.

The odds are that it will be a flop. A lot of sequels and remakes flop
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 7:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
oyaskii:
Thanks for the review. It has been on my "to watch list" since last year but as with most movies produced outside of the US, the distribution and streaming right can become a headache tho it had a very limited cinema run earlier this year, I haven't been able to find it anywhere since. Have you seen "Ammonite"? am hearing it has the same vibe as this.

I actually downloaded Ammonite*, not watched it yet though.
*not legit-o.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
MI ghost protocol

Then MI rogue nation.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by milann: 10:19am On Dec 21, 2020
pu7pl3:

She is worth it
i'm currently enjoying molly's game
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:34am On Dec 21, 2020
milann:
i'm currently enjoying molly's game

I enjoyed that also, she was serving looks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Friedyokes: 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2020
Tenet 9/10

Slight spoilers

First off I'd like to point that it is a time traveling movie incase you didn't know that , so right of the bat you should know you are bound to be confused , I'm sure even top scientists would find it difficult to properly explain time travel, as proof there are so many theories of how it works.

Now to the movie
;

Thoroughly entertaining, enjoyed the plot , which for me wasn't difficult to understand, what was challenging was the inversion and even that wasnt too hard to follow, I wouldn't say it was easy tho , because some earlier scenes had me baffled because I couldn't make sense of it like the fight at the Freeport , but then as the movie progressed I started to understand the way the inversion worked. Was a really fun watch and a nice payoff, albeit a bit predictable.

Still have questions tho, like why did he shoot at him self at the Freeport ?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2020
+1(408) 985- 7562

That is Christopher Nolan WhatsApp number.

Ask him.
Friedyokes:
Tenet 9/10

Slight spoilers

First off I'd like to point that it is a time traveling movie incase you didn't know that , so right of the bat you should know you are bound to be confused , I'm sure even top scientists would find it difficult to properly explain time travel, as proof there are so many theories of how it works.

Now to the movie
;

Thoroughly entertaining, enjoyed the plot , which for me wasn't difficult to understand, what was challenging was the inversion and even that wasnt too hard to follow, I wouldn't say it was easy tho , because some earlier scenes had me baffled because I couldn't make sense of it like the fight at the Freeport , but then as the movie progressed I started to understand the way the inversion worked. Was a really fun watch and a nice payoff, albeit a bit predictable.

Still have questions tho, like why did he shoot at him self at the Freeport ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Friedyokes: 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
alexistaiwo:
+1(408) 985- 7562

Ask him.
you're attempting comedy , good for you .
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Friedyokes: 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War 5/10

I like how dark DC gets but this was overkill , I think the writers thought killing enough characters would make up for a subpar plot. spoiler; it did not

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
Friedyokes:

[img]https://c./geXp2kYXFgIAAAAM/roast-supa-hot-fire.gif[/img]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
Friedyokes:
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War 5/10

I like how dark DC gets but this was overkill , I think the writers thought killing enough characters would make up for a subpar plot. spoiler; it did not

What was subpar about the plot tho?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jaccsmith5: 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
December 25, I don’t know when it will show in Nigeria though

Update: I just saw this now
Thank you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Friedyokes: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
pu7pl3:

What was subpar about the plot tho?
okay ,
1)they didn't bring anything new to the movie;
ten minutes into the movie we all knew that in the end everything would would reversed back to normal

2) the justice League attacked Apokolips with three ships!!! What in the actual f!

3)the character deaths weren't moving at all , I mean my reaction was "meh they'd come back"... then again I do enjoy how bloody DC gets , so it wasn't all bad

4)at first trigon need superman as a vessel and later he didnt, weird , where did Clarks suit come from in that scene ( just nitpicking)

5) all the paradooms had to be sent to earth? The very army he used to defeat the justice League.

Could be I was expecting something fresh ,new and I didn't get it, could be if I'd watched it on a different day my assessment would be different maybe, but that is what I observed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Friedyokes: 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2020

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
Tenet (2020) 8/10

The movie is actually straightforward... but in reverse.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
Was the wife aware that the picture used to hold her to ransom a fake at the time she was curating it or not?

VerifiedStalin:
Tenet (2020) 8/10

The movie is actually straightforward... but in reverse.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
Friedyokes:

Damn.

Simple, short and savage.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Was the wife aware that the picture used to hold her to ransom a fake at the time she was curating it or not?

Funny you should ask after telling people to question Christopher Nolan
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
He said that the movie is straight forward like he has everything figured out, hence the question. cheesy

VerifiedStalin, the question still stands!
AbdulSleeky:

Funny you should ask after telling people to question Christopher Nolan
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 9:01pm On Dec 21, 2020
alexistaiwo:

+1(408) 985- 7562

Ask him.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
8 / 10

(1) (2) (3) ... (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) (2381) (2382) ... (3846) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: phr0nesis(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.