Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3744326 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2510) (2511) (2512) (2513) (2514) (2515) (2516) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:44pm On Apr 26, 2021
Netflix seems to be upping its game.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SpearMarvelyno(m): 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2021
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2021
Mortal Kombat .......8/10

I signed up for God-tier martial arts skills and gore. And It delivered on its promise.

No time wasting energy on plot or storyline. There's other movies meant for this. At least this one doesn't pretend to be such and plays to its strengths. MK is not even a game franchise known for plot, so don't understand the Wailings. If your looking for gaming movie with plot and nuance wait for The Last of Us.

Kano is easily the best developed character in this movie. Even his acting was way above average unlike everyone else.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:56pm On Apr 26, 2021
Asians doing serious business. cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2021
wintersnow:
Just finished all of these...
Omo midsommer is fcking dope 9/10...
Definitely best A24 movie.. Hereditary and light house are amazing too

Be careful before you start having nightmares.
Most of these movies are written under dark influence.
God forbid I see any horror/satanic motivated movies in my life again.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
Moneyboyz:

Be careful before you start having nightmares.
Most of these movies are written under dark influence.
God forbid I see any horror/satanic motivated movies in my life again.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Osebanjo(m): 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2021
The yin yang master. Rotten tomato: 77%. It's nice no lie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by StPete: 5:53am On Apr 27, 2021
Just like the expectations for MK was high, what's the next big movie to expect??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 8:09am On Apr 27, 2021
StPete:
Just like the expectations for MK was high, what's the next big movie to expect??
They are big, but don’t get your expectations high cool
Fast and Furious 9
Black Widow
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aflix(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2021
I really don't get why everyone has been rating mortal kombat really low. The movie wasn't bad at all; the fights were on point, the acting wasn't that bad, and Kano added a bit of comedy to the movie. What else do people want from a movie series that is known to be based majorly on fights

PS:The movie had a bit of story to it as well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:52am On Apr 27, 2021
About the Oscars. . . I don't understand why Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield were both put into the supporting male role. If they both played supporting roles, so who played the lead roles in the movie?

I'm of the opinion that after the excellent performance of Kaluuya in Judas and the Black Messiah, they couldn't afford not rewarding him with an Oscar due to the terrific and brilliant performance of Hopkins in The Father or vice versa, hence placing him the in Best Actor in Supporting Role category.

It's all good. Happy for him.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:59am On Apr 27, 2021
Mortal Kombat (2021). 5/10

The movie would have been better if they hadn't rushed the characters/movie. They weren't enough room to build the background story of the characters. The whole thing felt so rushed.

They'd have made the movie like MCU and DCEU-styled superheroes franchise. Get one or two acts and tell their stories in one film, then other acts in another movie and ultimately bringing them together in one movie for the ultimate showdown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GracieX3(f): 8:59am On Apr 27, 2021
Beorn:
About the Oscars. . . I don't understand why Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield were both put into the supporting male role. If they both played supporting roles, so who played the lead roles in the movie?

I'm of the opinion that after the excellent performance of Kaluuya in Judas and the Black Messiah, they couldn't afford not rewarding him with an Oscar due to the terrific and brilliant performance of Hopkins in The Father, hence placing him the in Best Actor in Supporting Role category.

Oscars is trash.

Im sorry but I dont buy into awards generally.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:19am On Apr 27, 2021
GracieX3:

Oscars is trash.

Im sorry but I dont buy into awards generally.

Oscars has been a ghost of its brilliant past for sometime now. It's no secret. I don't take them that serious anymore either.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:20am On Apr 27, 2021
The Courier (2021). 7/10

Cumberbatch with a fantastic performance yet again but good performance by the entire cast in general. Brilliant movie.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:14am On Apr 27, 2021
Beorn:

I'm of the opinion that after the excellent performance of Kaluuya in Judas and the Black Messiah, they couldn't afford not rewarding him with an Oscar due to the terrific and brilliant performance of Hopkins in The Father or vice versa, hence placing him the in Best Actor in Supporting Role category.

I agree with this. That thing really shocked me, I was wondering who's now the lead. Is it Lakeith or Kaluuya? Putting them in same category is disingenuous, an opportunity for another person to win.

This year's Oscars is sub par mehn. Imagine an Oscar that I haven't even watched about 90% (if not more) of the movies nominated. shocked Omo I choke. grin
The ratings (viewership) to this year Awards proves hardly much people cared for this. Over 50% less viewers as compared to the last.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:41am On Apr 27, 2021
Beorn:

WB feared the odds of a black person wining an oscar in a leading role was too high. Instead they pit the two of them in a supporting actor category which they both stood a better chance of winning and it paid off.

Then again it shows how "rotten" the Oscar has become, they are all for womans right, sexual abuse, LGBT rights even mental health but when it comes to black rights? Mba.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 10:44am On Apr 27, 2021
abduleez1:

I signed up for God-tier martial arts skills and gore. And It delivered on its promise.

No time wasting energy on plot or storyline. There's other movies meant for this. At least this one doesn't pretend to be such and plays to its strengths. MK is not even a game franchise known for plot, so don't understand the Wailings. If your looking for gaming movie with plot and nuance wait for The Last of Us.

Kano is easily the best developed character in this movie. Even his acting was way above average unlike everyone else.
No long talk movie

Love Kano acting wish he could reincarnate in the next sequel
Baba just dey make me laugh anyhow

i came for the violence grin
i was entertained

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2021
abduleez1:

I agree with this. That thing really shocked me, I was wondering who's now the lead. Is it Lakeith or Kaluuya? Putting them in same category is disingenuous, an opportunity for another person to win.

This year's Oscars is sub par mehn. Imagine an Oscar that I haven't even watched about 90% (if not more) of the movies nominated. shocked Omo I choke. grin
The ratings (viewership) to this year Awards proves hardly much people cared for this. Over 50% less viewers as compared to the last.
Lakeith was the lead. Oscars and grammies are two whitewashed and politicised awards.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 12:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
Beorn:
Mortal Kombat (2021). 5/10

The movie would have been better if they hadn't rushed the characters/movie. They weren't enough room to build the background story of the characters. The whole thing felt so rushed.

They'd have made the movie like MCU and DCEU-styled superheroes franchise. Get one or two acts and tell their stories in one film, then other acts in another movie and ultimately bringing them together in one movie for the ultimate showdown.
This is exactly how I feel. As an avid MK player back in the day, I kinda believe this will be way different from the first two movies. Was really shocked after I finished watching it. They should have spent more time building the story/plot and characters.

The only thing I appreciate in the movie was how they explained how the chosen fighters got their special abilities. Mind you, in MK the characters usually have more than one special ability.

Let's hope they'll make the sequel more engaging and interesting. They should take a cue from Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpions Revenge.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Rayd502(m): 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2021
Plead:
Back to the future (1985) Genre : Sci-fi, romance, comedy
8/10
I never get tired of watching this...I must have seen it over a hundred times.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2021
2dice01:
No long talk movie

Love Kano acting wish he could reincarnate in the next sequel
Baba just dey make me laugh anyhow

i came for the violence grin
i was entertained

The guy just funny. The place wey funny me die na the place wey the guy dey troll everybody dem come change am for am. That place wey gee dey vex dey demand respect before he discovered him 'Arcana' laser beam. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2021
Liposure:
Lakeith was the lead. Oscars and grammies are two whitewashed and politicised awards.
Yep. I know Lakeith Stanfield was the lead.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GreekNorse: 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2021
abduleez1:

High points of the movie; K.Lao Fatality Scorpions "Get over here" and Kano's"They don't make them like they used to part"
Low point ;Lui Kang was nerfed.
grin grin Really loved it
don't care if it was rushed
since it is literally based on fight

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 2:37pm On Apr 27, 2021
abduleez1:

The guy just funny. The place wey funny me die na the place wey the guy dey troll everybody dem come change am for am. That place wey gee dey vex dey demand respect before he discovered him 'Arcana' laser beam. grin
I swear the guy na Cruise
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2021
Surprisingly, I didn’t really liked his character

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 4:11pm On Apr 27, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Surprisingly, I didn’t really liked his character
LMAO! The guy really stole the show with his annoying accent.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by StPete: 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2021
I was thrilled by Sub-zero's character and also Kung Lao's fatality. Another high point for me was the scene where Cole threw a knife to Sanya as she spinned to catch it and stab reptile.

Mortal Kombat is all about violence. Violence in the most gruesome of forms. As much as Kano was funny; fights, fatalities and brutalities are the high points of the game from which the movie was adapted

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2021
AHCB:
LMAO! The guy really stole the show with his annoying accent.
I hope they resurrect him.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by zeeace(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
abduleez1:

chop knuckle abeg. they should have at least stick to the original mk soundtrack.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2021
GreekNorse:

High points of the movie; K.Lao Fatality Scorpions "Get over here" and Kano's"They don't make them like they used to part"
Low point ;Lui Kang was nerfed.
grin grin Really loved it
don't care if it was rushed
since it is literally based on fight
Yea, Lui Kang was seriously nerfed. sad

Anyways Johnny Cage is coming in the sequel.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 6:09pm On Apr 27, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
I hope they resurrect him.
Nah I won't count on it. Since he's dead he's gone to nether realm and can't represent nether realm in the tournament since nether realm already has a champion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2510) (2511) (2512) (2513) (2514) (2515) (2516) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.