Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3736908 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2720) (2721) (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) ... (3831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 3:07am On Oct 02, 2021
phr0nesis:

Not British

Neither was Pierce Brosnan.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by randomShek: 6:32am On Oct 02, 2021
Kaycee7:
Free Guy 8.5/10

For a Ryan Reynolds action-comedy, Free Guy had no right to be this well-written. Like I'm literally turning my brain off to enjoy Ryan's shenanigans and then halfway through the movie, I realize the plot is coherent, the dialogue is fluid and engaging with only the slightest bit of cringe, the story has soul and the actors are delivering the assignment.

Ready Player One would never have crossed my mind while watching this movie if folks hadn't been bringing it up on the thread. But where RP1 creates it own game world with only a few homages to gaming culture, Free Guy is like a freaking love letter to hardcore gamers. From getting popular streamers like Ninja, Jacksepticeye, Pokimane,etc on board to references like in-game trolling, teabagging, the fortnite dance and looting and of course, the general pop culture references like Cap's shield. If Ready Player One was for the players, Free Guy was for the NPCs.

This isn't a movie I have to laugh about how you're not supposed to take it seriously. Or deflect bitching ... ahem... criticism about it with light trolling. Nah! Free Guy is a Ryan Reynold's movie I can be proud of with my chest. Most definitely one of the best movies of 2021.
No truer words have been said. Beautiful review man

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 7:03am On Oct 02, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Neither was Pierce Brosnan.
I never knew
I just found now that George Lazenby (the bond after Connery) isn't British either
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 8:34am On Oct 02, 2021
2dice01:
I will call Free Guy Kendrick Lamar
Ready Player One King Los

They look and sound alike But
The first is more Popular the later is the evil twin

you know your Hipop
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 9:30am On Oct 02, 2021
PurpLChi:

you know your Hipop
Hiphop is my love kiss
Have you seen Kinglos vs Daylyt Rap Battle?

Arguable one of the best R.Battle of all time

They were just spitting flames & Brimstone
The Battle was for high level thinkers
Double/Triple Entendre everywhere
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 9:33am On Oct 02, 2021
J2381:
Kate.

Not bad, not bad at all. A whole lot better than Proud Mary and Ava. Though it can't be compared to Anna.

I'm starting to wonder if Netflix have a hidden LGBTQ agenda because it's hard not to notice it in almost all their movies.
I swr Netflix put LGBTQ for head undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:39am On Oct 02, 2021
J2381:
Kate.

Not bad, not bad at all. A whole lot better than Proud Mary and Ava. Though it can't be compared to Anna.

I'm starting to wonder if Netflix have a hidden LGBTQ agenda because it's hard not to notice it in almost all their movies.
Netflix are virtue signaling. And not even being subtle about it. They went so hard at it, they even managed to annoy the LGBTQ community grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:45am On Oct 02, 2021
solostar1:

Nice review, they even capture in game glitch like the guy running into wall when Ryan Reynolds (guy) was checking his account balance.
Didn't even see that. Will look out for it on my rewatch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 10:01am On Oct 02, 2021
Sweet girl 5/10

pls don't read if u never saw dis shit
Great, Jason Manoa kiss
unrealistic shit, the girl can't beat up those big guys dats the only reason I didn't see the surprising twist and I was trying to think outside the pox but I can't WTF at her age, she's driving car like dat ND even fighting another female movie cry

did you know? When the Hitmans tries to drown Rachel at the end of movie, she is facing downwards but in the next scene, which is shown from inside the water, she is facing upwards.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:23am On Oct 02, 2021
2dice01:
Hiphop is my love kiss
Have you seen Kinglos vs Daylyt Rap Battle?

Arguable one of the best R.Battle of all time

They were just spitting flames & Brimstone
The Battle was for high level thinkers
Double/Triple Entendre everywhere

yep, I also follow underground battle rappers like Charlie clips and Charron..those guys would flame King Los bruh

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 10:35am On Oct 02, 2021
pu7pl3:

yep, I also follow underground battle rappers like Charlie clips and Charron..those guys would flame King Los bruh
You know he is an industry rapper
He is one of the few industry rapper that can stand Underground rappers

Those guys are lyrically insane

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kaycee7:
Free Guy 8.5/10

For a Ryan Reynolds action-comedy, Free Guy had no right to be this well-written. Like I'm literally turning my brain off to enjoy Ryan's shenanigans and then halfway through the movie, I realize the plot is coherent, the dialogue is fluid and engaging with only the slightest bit of cringe, the story has soul and the actors are delivering the assignment.

Ready Player One would never have crossed my mind while watching this movie if folks hadn't been bringing it up on the thread. But where RP1 creates it own game world with only a few homages to gaming culture, Free Guy is like a freaking love letter to hardcore gamers. From getting popular streamers like Ninja, Jacksepticeye, Pokimane,etc on board to references like in-game trolling, teabagging, the fortnite dance and looting and of course, the general pop culture references like Cap's shield. If Ready Player One was for the players, Free Guy was for the NPCs.

This isn't a movie I have to laugh about how you're not supposed to take it seriously. Or deflect bitching ... ahem... criticism about it with light trolling. Nah! Free Guy is a Ryan Reynold's movie I can be proud of with my chest. Most definitely one of the best movies of 2021.
I think this is the first time I'm seeing u make a long review about a movie here cheesy
the place I love the most in the movie= is when Ryan was kissing the girl in the game ND she just dere in the real world looking at the Tv and dat shit is rare in da movie industry

Gamers can relate grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2021
DieRich5:
I think this is the first time I'm seeing u make a long review about a movie here cheesy
the place I love the most in the movie= is when Ryan was kissing the girl in the game ND she just dere in the real world looking at the Tv and dat shit is rare in da movie industry

Gamers can relate grin

he makes long reviews regularly

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2021
2dice01:
You know he is an industry rapper
He is one of the few industry rapper that can stand Underground rappers

Those guys are lyrically insane

true...those guys can freestyle about anything...a real talent
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Darklite(m): 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2021
Holy moly shocked. Malignant 10/10. This is the kind of horror I've been craving for...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2021
pu7pl3:

he makes long reviews regularly
ohhhh maybe I forgot Sha cus I like dis he review na mk me notice
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tunnex190: 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2021
Tenet. 5/10.

What a nonsensical and brainracking movie. I remind countless time and I still don't get the logic. I don't know anyone who sees this movie once and understands
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2021
tunnex190:
Tenet. 5/10.

What a nonsensical and brainracking movie. I remind countless time and I still don't get the logic. I don't know anyone who sees this movie once and understands
I understood like 2/3 of the movie, took me three nights to complete it because I had to stop at some times to reflect on what I’ve seen. Never rewatching the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tunnex190: 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2021
DieRich5:
Sweet girl 5/10

pls don't read if u never saw dis shit
Great, Jason Manoa kiss
unrealistic shit, the girl can't beat up those big guys dats the only reason I didn't see the surprising twist and I was trying to think outside the pox but I can't WTF at her age, she's driving car like dat ND even fighting another female movie cry

did you know? When the Hitmans tries to drown Rachel at the end of movie, she is facing downwards but in the next scene, which is shown from inside the water, she is facing upwards.

Remember she trained for this already. Besides, she/audience sees herself/the girls as her father. No one knew until it got to where she jumped.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tunnex190: 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
I understood like 2/3 of the movie, took me three nights to complete it because I had to stop at some times to reflect on what I’ve seen. Never rewatching the movie.

grin my 2nd day today and I haven't finished it yet. Everything became disturbing when reversed/inverted matters are discussed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2021
Weekend Watch List

- Student of the Year 2

- Spenser Confidential
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2021
tunnex190:

Remember she trained for this already. Besides, she/audience sees herself/the girls as her father. No one knew until it got to where she jumped.
yeah we see her as her father but she was the one dat did all the work undecided
She trained also the men train too ND her body ND age can't hold those men undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tunnex190: 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2021
DieRich5:
yeah we see her as her father but she was the one dat did all the work undecided
She trained also the men train too ND her body ND age can't hold those men undecided

Technically, yes. All na movie. Save yourself the headache
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2021
Swallow (2021) : 7/10

I just like this movie for inexplicable reasons, maybe it's portrayal of old school life.

Anyways , kunle afolayan is easily one of the top 3 producers in Nigeria currently.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kelblaq(m): 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kate (2021)

7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
thatthickgurl:
Swallow (2021) : 7/10

I just like this movie for inexplicable reasons, maybe it's portrayal of old school life.

Anyways , kunle afolayan is easily one of the top 3 producers in Nigeria currently.
Does he really have any competition? He his the only one that seems to know how to make decent movies here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 10:19pm On Oct 02, 2021
oyaskii:
Does he really have any competition? He his the only one that seems to know how to make decent movies here.
some say he's overrated
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 10:33pm On Oct 02, 2021
Liposure:
some say he's overrated
Nah. I disagree. He's like the only one who knows how to make a movie and meausre (atleast) up to Hollywood standard.
oyaskii:
I watched Oct 1st sometime back, and heck, I was really impressed.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:52pm On Oct 02, 2021
J2381:
Nah. I disagree. He's like the only one who knows how to make a movie and meausre (atleast) up to Hollywood standard.
I watched Oct 1st sometime back, and heck, I was really impressed.
If we use Hollywood standard, then that nígga overrated asf. Unless you mean Hollywood B-movie standard sha

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 4:28am On Oct 03, 2021
Kaycee7:
If we use Hollywood standard, then that nígga overrated asf. Unless you mean Hollywood B-movie standard sha
Well, I believe if he's given the big Hollywood production budget, he'll do well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:17am On Oct 03, 2021
Liposure:
some say he's overrated
Well I don't think he his, he's one of the few I can remotely sit through his movie as per Nollywood standard tho
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 8:05am On Oct 03, 2021
Malignant 2021

All I can say is omoooo.
Flick is interesting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2720) (2721) (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) ... (3831) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.