Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,731 members, 7,851,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:13 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2771) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3814245 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) (2773) (2774) ... (3857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2021
J2381:
where did you answer my question that you are a taxpayer? You who can't even be proud to say what you do for a living is talking about this... mtscheeew.

Kaycee7:
"I hardly go to the cinemas" So basically those who regularly go don't matter then cos ban or no ban, you weren't likely to go to the cinema. At least, you're flaunting your selfishness. That's kinda honest.

Where's the sense in this statement?

My "security bill", whatever the hell that is, should be part of my taxes, which I pay. I pay my bills as well, as do those around me. Why exactly are you absolving the government of the blame for not providing the amenities I pay for? Maybe you're a government official. It would explain your apathy, for one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
OSDD:

You are already getting emotional here.. homosexuality has no place In our culture, if you feel bad about it, you can travel to those countries..
Because other western nations accept it doesn't mean we should

Law shouldnt be based on culture, not that there is any precedent in Nigerian cultures banning gay movies.

You are the one using emotions.

Our culture also allows a man's brother to inherit his wife, if he dies. Should we take that as law too? People like you who argue that we should respect culture, do so with bias

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
ntyce:

Jonathan that signed anti-gay bill is a Muslim abi?

Tell me one legislation or a move Buhari has made against LGBT?

Jonathan is a christian. Christianity is a religon.

Furthermore, Jonathan was very scared of the north.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
J2381:
Oh brother... why do I even bother...

LMAO

You can see how everyone is just treating your f4ck up?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
VENOM: Let There Be Carnage....... 7.5/10

Highly entertaining and enjoyable.
Love the GOT reference. grin

The Spiderman linkup is setting up nicely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
abduleez1:
VENOM: Let There Be Carnage....... 7.5/10

Highly entertaining and enjoyable.
Love the GOT reference. grin
This one dey ok for eye. Source?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kaycee7:
This one dey ok for eye. Source?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
abduleez1:
The audio dey alright?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kaycee7:
The audio dey alright?
Yep. It's good.
Just slightly on lower volume.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by becky39000(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
The harder they fall 8/10
Was fully entertained all the way grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
Born2Freak:

Law shouldnt be based on culture, not that there is any precedent in Nigerian cultures banning gay movies.

Our culture also allows a man's brother to inherit his wife, if he dies. Should we take that as law too? People like you who argue that we should respect culture, do so with bias

Law is based on culture sir.

Say something else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OSDD(m): 3:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
Born2Freak:

So on what basis should law be upon?
Homosexuality is a crime in Nigeria and any move, music, movie or any form of support will be frowned upon..

Fyi, the instance you gave is for a particular culture, generally, Africa culture frowns at homosexuality...

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
becky39000:
The harder they fall 8/10

Was fully entertained all the way grin

"we ain't no nicompoop" grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kaycee7:
Trace your way back to the early part of this discourse. You'll find it.
Beorn:
everybody pay tax I'm sure you know, ask them to show proof then it's another issue.

Beside where have you ever heard security bill is part of tax? You think I'm talking about security vote?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 4:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
pu7pl3:

I will still watch it when it drops for sure but e no mean say no be nonsensical dust you done dey yarn since yesterday..na the initial point be that wink
sense can never be made to people who don't have sense. Never forget that.
Born2Freak:

LMAO
You can see how everyone is just treating your f4ck up?
everyone who double as online noise makers? People who don't have any viable mean of livelihood? People who obviously still feed off their parents? With you as their number one ring leader loser? Perish the thought.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
Chibudollar:
Saw somewhere that ice cube turned down 9million $ to star in a movie just cuz he did not want to get the covid-vaccine

Covid has really turned a lot of people into brain dead morons.
The kind of aversion people have for the covid vaccine is baffling

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
J2381:
of course they matter, that's why they have other Avenue of watching the movie. Like I said, Naira Marley's song is banned but it doesn't mean it's not still played? Choice bro, and control.
Oh brother. "I'm sure the FG is responsible for providing security in your own flat" simply mean most houses have a security guard attached to their house (especially in Lagos) So also many street now mount gates and employ a night guard there. I believe they call them 'olode' in yoruba.

Now tell me why those people who do such didn't wait for the FG to do that for them? Dude there's a reason why they say "charity begins at home".
Your security bill should be part of your taxes? grin guy please stop Abeg.

Like I told Queenslander. The same rogues who cheat the government everyday, are the same individuals who will contest for elected office, and when they win, will do nothing but loot and still say "before I became an elected official what did the government do for me".
Beorn. The bolded is what I'm referring you.

Do you pay such with your tax? grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatdesi(m): 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
Michael Bay at it again... Car chases, guns, explosions and sexy women. Ambulance...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2021
Queenslander:
2.1/10

cynical action movie, that never really figures out which story it wants to tell. tripped up by a late plot twist, Sweet Girl wastes a potentially resonant story and some solid work from its well-matched leads..

Is the girl short or is she a child?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Queenslander(f): 4:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
J2381:
So you see, it's not safe anywhere in the world because sh1t happens.
okay,. You're right!!
God bless you..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Queenslander(f): 4:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
Gmajor:

Is the girl short or is she a child?

She's a child!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2021
Queenslander:

She's a child!!
OK.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
Queenslander:
okay,. You're right!!
God bless you..
God bless you too. You're also right.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 4:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
ntyce:

Censorship has little to do with religion..

Nigeria has a censorship board, movies fit in or fk off
In this case, it has something to do with religion or "culture".
If the censorship board really thought that the kiss was inappropriate for kids, they would have raised the rating to an R

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
J2381:

everybody pay tax I'm sure you know, ask them to show proof then it's another issue.

Beside where have you ever heard security bill is part of tax? You think I'm talking about security vote?
So what security bill are you talking about then?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
J2381:

I don't know if he has proof of him paying tax or not, neither am I saying security bill is part of tax or not, though I think it's irrelevant to what I quoted, or better still he's the one that should prove that as I'm not the one in the debate.

All I did was quote a post to confirm that he said ab initio that he's a tax payer.

But to add a little input to your post above, I don't think he needs to provide any proof of taxes paid before you can agree that he's a tax payer. There are different types of taxes which doesn't need to come in official tax papers. One can pay 3-4 taxes in a day. In Nigeria, we have:

Companies IncomeTaxes(CIT)
ValueAddedTaxes(VAT)
WithholdingTaxes(WHT)
PetroleumProfitsTaxes(PPT)
PersonalIncomeTaxes(PIT)
Stamp Duties(SD)
CapitalGainsTaxes(CGT) etc.

Believe me, as long one pay one of these taxes, he is a tax payer with or without papers to prove it. When I make a transfer to another bank and the FG deduct from my account the normal percentage for transfers, automatically I've paid a tax.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 4:59pm On Nov 07, 2021
Beorn:

I don't know if he has proof of him paying tax or not, neither am I saying security bill is part of tax or not, though I think it's irrelevant to what I quoted, or better still he's the one that should prove that as I'm not the one in the debate.

All I did was quote a post confirm that he said an initio that he's a tax payer.

But to add a little input to your post above, I don't think he needs to provide any proof of taxes paid before you can agree that he's a tax payer. There are different types of taxes which doesn't need to come in official tax papers. One can pay 3-4 taxes in a day. In Nigeria, we have:

Companies IncomeTaxes(CIT)
ValueAddedTaxes(VAT)
WithholdingTaxes(WHT)
PetroleumProfitsTaxes(PPT)
PersonalIncomeTaxes(PIT)
Stamp Duties(SD)
CapitalGainsTaxes(CGT) etc.

Believe me, as long one pay one of these taxes, he is a tax payer with or without papers to prove it. When I make a transfer to another bank and the FG deduct from my account the normal percentage for transfers, automatically I've paid a tax.
Good. Now you and I know there are people who don't pay any of those taxes, yet, so many of them are the ones who like to be at the forefront criticizing the government.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kaycee7:
So what security bill are you talking about then?
I mentioned it earlier. Go through my post and you'll see it among the post I highlighted when I quoted Beorn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
OSDD:
I don't even know why I am having this discussion.. Homosexuality is a crime in Nigeria, if you are not okay with it, go Bleep yourself

But a lot of movies portray murder and even genocide as good and yet those movies are not banned.
A lot of movies have the protagonist as a thief or engaged in adultery and yet no one bats an eye.
So why is this case different.
It's not like the central message of the movie is that too should go and be kissed people of the same sex.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
J2381:
Good. Now you and I know there are people who don't pay any of those taxes, yet, so many of them are the ones who like to be at the forefront criticizing the government.

But one doesn't need to be a taxpayer before one can criticize a government. It's like expecting every football critic to be a professional footballer before they can point out an error from a player or coach.

However, it's wrong to dodge tax payment when one has reached the age to pay them. That is another topic entirely.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
OSDD:

You are already getting emotional here.. homosexuality has no place In our culture, if you feel bad about it, you can travel to those countries..
Because other western nations accept it doesn't mean we should

Have you heard of the logical fallacy that is called appeal to tradition ?
Basically, this fallacy states that something is right or wrong simply because it's the way it has always been done.
Going by this line of reasoning, we can safely say that the world is flat simply because this belief has always been held for a long time.

We can also say that the kiling of twins in Calabar is right because it conforms with tradition and had been practised since time immemorial.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
J2381:
I mentioned it earlier. Go through my post and you'll see it among the post I highlighted when I quoted Beorn.
I actually did see that but I fail to understand how a private security bill concerns the government. Does me paying for private security absolve the government of their role in providing public security?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) (2773) (2774) ... (3857) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: OhBritannia(m), phr0nesis(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.