Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,293 members, 7,860,705 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:41 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3830323 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) ... (3863) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
in that movie,he looked confused like he didn't know anything or what to do.
A whole neo o,the so called 'The One'

sajmark:
Encanto 2021... Fempowerment at its peak.
Men no longer save the day in Hollywood movies, even Neo was saved by trinity who couldn't fly in the previous installments of the matrix... Boys and men are portrayed as weak and dumb, the crime against boys and men will come back to hunt society in the future.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
Spiderman - No way home..
Deserves all the praise it gets...
Simply phenomenal, exciting and amazing...
Seeing everybody together was Soulful...

Mjbolt- Though I avoided spoilers both here and online, una no tell me say my man; the blind lawyer made a cameo...

I just d d speculate since cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
That would have been a spoiler and that part is something the blind lawyer fans should see for themselves

AnfieldFan:

Mjbolt- Though I avoided spoilers both here and online, una no tell me say my man; the blind lawyer made a cameo...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 10:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
MJBOLT:
That would have been a spoiler and that part is something the blind lawyer fans should see for themselves

Yea.... Interested in seeing his story in MCU...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by posty56: 11:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Yea.... Interested in seeing his story in MCU...
you mean Daredevil? lol I remember one old Spiderman animated series I watched when I was young when he defended Peter Parker from this same scenario, most at times this studios copies their old works and it brings back nostalgia.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by posty56: 11:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
ii don watch arcane like 6 times already that cartoon bust my brain, normally I watch cartoons/movies twice before deleting them, but I din watch arcane tire I still never delete, season 2 go mad, jinx na my favorite character.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by charlesm91(m): 11:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
AnfieldFan:

I just d d speculate since cheesy cheesy
it was good and loved the fan service here and there , but i was a bit underwhelmed with the final battle which lacked creative oomph. it could've have been better and the only person that saved the action was Willam Defoe's acting prowess. other than that, it was good.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 12:47am On Dec 26, 2021
pu7pl3:
Don't look up, and whatever you do don't pet the Bronteroc....9/10

Saw this yesterday.

After NWH I didn't think I'll see another movie that will five such pleasure. Beautiful satire.

9/10.

It led me to the laundromat. Another solid movie 8.5/10. Both on netflix.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 12:48am On Dec 26, 2021
Obinoscopy:
Matrix 4 was terrible. It was a joke. It was a terrible joke.

Complete shait.

Whoever has not watched it yet better download. No need for cinema experience. You would weep there.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:13am On Dec 26, 2021
°°°°

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 1:23am On Dec 26, 2021
MJBOLT:
in that movie,he looked confused like he didn't know anything or what to do.
A whole neo o,the so called 'The One'

trinity wey wake last ND she nor even take the pill again ND na she still com first "the one" fly undecided

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 1:34am On Dec 26, 2021
DieRich5:
just 4 days I think undecided

1 billion on 25th, my prediction

Spider Man will always be my number 1 favorite hero grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 1:45am On Dec 26, 2021
oyaskii:
The hype and crowd should be reducing from tomorrow, but if it makes 1bn by 25th with "Sister Omicron" lurking around, i go cut cap for Dinsey o shocked
we re the best cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 1:48am On Dec 26, 2021
abduleez1:

Calm down bro...I'm not sure it can hit $1bn by Xmas day.
It will be slowing down a bit midweek.

The way dat guy take Dy hype WOT, I gat dat same energy now

Spider Man can't pass endgame undecided

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Papadoh(m): 2:12am On Dec 26, 2021
armadeo:

Complete shait.

Whoever has not watched it yet better download. No need for cinema experience. You would weep there.
It's not even worth downloading.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Papadoh(m): 2:15am On Dec 26, 2021
DieRich5:

Yeah, that's unlikely. If it would stood a better chance without Covid-19 and if it was showing in China.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Papadoh(m): 2:15am On Dec 26, 2021
posty56:
ii don watch arcane like 6 times already that cartoon bust my brain, normally I watch cartoons/movies twice before deleting them, but I din watch arcane tire I still never delete, season 2 go mad, jinx na my favorite character.
I see you're a cultured man as well. Hats off to you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Papadoh(m): 2:21am On Dec 26, 2021
sajmark:

I don't have issues with fempowerment movies too, but they don't have to paint the MEN in such movies dumb and weak na... It's getting more annoying and gross.
They don't have to tarnish the image of MEN to prove that they are strong na, Arnold Schwarzenegger's Conan the Barbarian and fast and the furious portrayed strong women without emasculating MEN.
You're absolutely right. The funny thing is they'd probably have an issue with the Conan poster. "You can't have the man standing while the woman is on her knees" is what they would probably say.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Papadoh(m): 2:26am On Dec 26, 2021
ShaqFu:

My free advice. If you want to enjoy the movie just switch off your brain and enjoy....
Words I never imagined I'd hear about a Matrix movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Papadoh(m): 2:29am On Dec 26, 2021
armadeo:
Matrix 4.

Well I had to see this movie and it's utter shait.

Complete borefest yadayadayada.

Slept off twice.

Bullshit.

I'm glad I didn't go to the cinema for this.
3/10.
I slept off FOUR times, I shit you not.
The Matrix: Disappointments
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Papadoh(m): 2:33am On Dec 26, 2021
Chibudollar:
they should keep the female character to themselves, I don't think there's anything like WonderMan create your own female superheroes from scratch and free us please...

Modified... The create your own superhero wasn't directed at you by the way
I'm not supporting them, but there's actually a WonderMan. Just FYI.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by posty56: 2:55am On Dec 26, 2021
Papadoh:
I see you're a cultured man as well. Hats off to you.
yes oo , animations wet don sweet me reach arcane level na avatar (the last Airbender) and spiderverse . colourful animation, beautiful story.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 5:57am On Dec 26, 2021
DieRich5:

Either it reaches endgame or not, it's still a win for Marvel.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:46am On Dec 26, 2021
those guys no try at all

DieRich5:
trinity wey wake last ND she nor even take the pill again ND na she still com first "the one" fly undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 8:02am On Dec 26, 2021
DieRich5:

https://screenrant-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/screenrant.com/matrix-4-resurrections-trinity-fly-power-neo/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#aoh=16405017831168&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fscreenrant.com%2Fmatrix-4-resurrections-trinity-fly-power-neo%2F

Whatever the scientific explanation behind Trinity's flight might be, The Matrix Resurrections' thematic reasoning is far more important (and, mercifully, easier to explain). Had Neo woken up in full possession of his One mojo, The Matrix Resurrections would've been a very short film, so weakening him is a matter of practicality - and also makes sense since Keanu Reeves' character is rediscovering himself after so long asleep. The decision to then have Trinity evolve into The One (or is it "The Two" now?) rectifies her terrible death from The Matrix Revolutions.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:12am On Dec 26, 2021
Calibrator:
You are right!

grin grin grin grin
Guy, you dey give me joy.
I swear.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:29am On Dec 26, 2021
if only this was true,Matrix Revolution is over 2 hours long and that's Neo at his most powerful.
No matter how powerful Neo is,he cannot stop the machines inside the Matrix,the main fight would be outside the matrix against the machines and that's another L for him.

Turning Neo into a vegetable is just lazy writing.

Dotng:

Had Neo woken up in full possession of his One mojo, The Matrix Resurrections would've been a very short film

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:40am On Dec 26, 2021
armadeo:

Saw this yesterday.

After NWH I didn't think I'll see another movie that will five such pleasure. Beautiful satire.

9/10.

It led me to the laundromat. Another solid movie 8.5/10. Both on netflix.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check the Laundromat out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 9:51am On Dec 26, 2021
Dotng:

The reviews for The Matrix Resurrections are mixed. It depends on the state of mind and expectations of individual viewer. It is expected that viewers may want a fresh concept out of the sequel while others are not totally into the franchise.

The image attached for instance shows that the reviewer never liked the franchise, even the iconic Matrix 1.

Another reviewer felt that it was a missed opportunity to do something even more crazier within the Matrix cannon and even within our society state of affairs.

Yet another person is of the opinion that the 4th Matrix is not a reboot of the franchise but a nod to the original that gives fans a sense of closure that the ending lacked. A witty retread and great B grade Sci-Fi suspense thriller.

My thoughts on the reviews both from those that have watched it and for my Nairalanders is that the movie may or may not match your expectations. It just depends on whether the movie meets your particular needs now.

WTF!!!
Saying that the original Matrix series didn't give viewers closure is literally the worst argument I've heard.
The war with the machines ends.
Neo dies saving the world.
Trinity dies helping him.
It's a bittersweet ending, but it does provide closure.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2021
Funny how as much as I watch movies I have yet to see Matrix part 1 grin sci-fi movies has never been my thing, but I think I'll start
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 11:23am On Dec 26, 2021
How people have problem with the Matrix still baffles me, the concept is quite simple.

You all saying bullshit without giving a concrete reason why it's a failure.
Movie is interesting, love the concept.
8.5/10 so far.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:39am On Dec 26, 2021
DieRich5:

No, it won't reach Endgame not to talk of surpassing it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) ... (3863) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: BjaySexy(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.