Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,562 members, 7,861,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:37 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3832288 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) ... (3863) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kaycee7:
No Way Home has my most touching death scene in the MCU.

And who be this composer that flexeth upon my eardrums with this amazing OST?
Michael Giachino. That guy will soon rival Hans Zimmer

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2021
LaconicINC:

I did not want to believe the reviews I saw here so I decided to download the movie, it took me 2 days to finish it, this matrix 4 resurrection was a complete flop, they just ruined the memory I have regarding 1-3, looked like something that was shot in a hurry, the fights were so fake, more like child's play, too much talks, boring overall 2/10 for me.
2/10 cheesy easy brother
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2021
Calibrator:
The soundtracks are the best thing about the animation, visuals take second place.
I didn't feel the soundtracks...
They felt generic ...
Like normal League of Legends kinda music...
I loved them over the years but I don't enjoy LOL music anymore...always sound same
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
Achilles100:
If there is anything we have learnt in disaster movie, just be filthy rich or have connections to survive.

Because eh, these politicians be just be playing politics with life ...Don't look up
Don't look up is a great satire...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:09pm On Dec 26, 2021
phr0nesis:

Michael Giachino. That guy will soon rival Hans Zimmer
Definitely. He has a pretty stacked discography already. And he's composing for The Batman so that's extra fuel to my hype train

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by darkelf: 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2021
Calibrator:
Did you watch the animation on mute?

Arcane is 6/10 for me

that dude was too generous sef

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2021
Arcane was also 6/10 for me. It was just there. I enjoyed Invisible more this year than Arcane.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 7:54pm On Dec 26, 2021
Presently rewatching Rush Hour 3 on TNT and Chris Tucker is still as clownish as ever.

TNT will not kee person with The Matrix franchise marathon.

It is up next.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
Calibrator:
Presently rewatching Rush Hour 3 on TNT and Chris Tucker is still as clownish as ever.

TNT will not kee person with The Matrix franchise marathon.

It is up next.
was also watching Rush hour 2 earlier on TNT. They don't make movies like that anymore
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by LaconicINC: 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2021
Hahahaha, it was annoying jare, felt like I wasted almost 2:30 mins of my time angry
DieRich5:
2/10 cheesy easy brother
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kaycee7:
Abduleez, made it today. Make we watch this Spidey Christmas reunion

Make sure you give us feedback.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by authority2006(m): 10:27pm On Dec 26, 2021
I want to download and watch Mad Max: Fury Road for the sixth time. I can't seem to get tired of this movie.
Then, I say another two is on the way

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2021
I love SLJ grin

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
White Snake II 7.5/10

The part 1 is so much better than this undecided

2022 summer screening..........wat the meaning of dis

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jasonteague(m): 12:01am On Dec 27, 2021
Don't look up 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 12:11am On Dec 27, 2021
DieRich5:
White Snake II 7.5/10

The part 1 is so much better than this undecided

2022 summer screening..........wat the meaning of dis

Your rating system really needs work bro...you do this every single time
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:07am On Dec 27, 2021
pu7pl3:

he rates based on "enjoyment"
That's a very important factor most reviewers forget...

I do it sometimes too...you can give me trash storyline...but it's so crazy and since it achieves it's goal of being crazy and I enjoyed it I'll rate it high
Redo of Healer is a perfect example...
Trash plot, trash everything...but very crazy...
And yet I'll rate it among the top 10 shows I've seen this year
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FILEBE(m): 1:56am On Dec 27, 2021
Chibudollar:
I love SLJ grin

In Pulp fiction, his acting. I am yet to get something like that from him. Just take a look at this dialogue below . Look!!
Him being Jules:

Jules : You, flock of seagulls, you know why we're here? Why don't you tell my man Vincent where you got the shit hid at?

Marvin : It's over th...

Jules : I don't remember askin' you a Goddamn thing! You were saying?

Roger : It's in the cupboard.

[Vincent starts looking in the upper cupboard]

Roger : No, no, the one by your kn-knees.

Jules : We happy?

[Vincent continues staring at the briefcase's contents]

Jules : Vincent! We happy?

Vincent : Yeah, we happy.

Brett : I'm sorry, I didn't get your name. I got yours, Vincent, right? But I didn't get yours...

Jules : My name's Pitt. And your ass ain't talkin' your way out of this shit.

Brett : No, no, I just want you to know... I just want you to know how sorry we are that things got so bleeped up with us and Mr. Wallace. We got into this thing with the best intentions and I never...

Jules : [Jules shoots the man on the couch] I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

Brett : What?

Jules : What country are you from?

Brett : What? What? Wh - ?

Jules : "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?

Jules : English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

Brett : Yes! Yes!

Jules : Then you know what I'm sayin'!

Brett : Yes!

Jules : Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!

Jules : Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!

Brett : H-H-He's black...

Jules : Go on!

Brett : He's bald...!

Jules : Does he look like a bitch?

Jules : [shoots Brett in the shoulder] DOES HE... LOOK... LIKE A BITCH?

Brett : No!

Jules : Then why you tryin' to Bleep him like a bitch, Brett?

Brett : I didn't...!

Jules : Yes, you did. Yes, you did, Brett! You tried to Bleep him.

Brett : [gasping] No, no...

Jules : But Marcellus Wallace don't like to be bleeped by anybody except Mrs. Wallace.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:05am On Dec 27, 2021
pu7pl3:

wat did I do every single time undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:56am On Dec 27, 2021
Don't Look 7/10 a good watch, and nice Ost.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2021
Baddestguyp:
he rates based on "enjoyment"
That's a very important factor most reviewers forget...

I do it sometimes too...you can give me trash storyline...but it's so crazy and since it achieves it's goal of being crazy and I enjoyed it I'll rate it high
Redo of Healer is a perfect example...
Trash plot, trash everything...but very crazy...
And yet I'll rate it among the top 10 shows I've seen this year

And it's always soo confusing, even sometimes you will see him talking about how he isn't enjoying the movie or how the prequel of a movie was far better than the one he is rating and he will still give it a 7 or 7.5

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:24am On Dec 27, 2021
DieRich5:
wat did I do every single time undecided

Your rating methods need work...you don't know how to rate movies, you just end up confusing the person reading...every single time.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 7:29am On Dec 27, 2021
FILEBE:

In Pulp fiction, his acting. I am yet to get something like that from him. Just take a look at this dialogue below . Look!!
Him being Jules:

truly a classic scene grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 7:36am On Dec 27, 2021
When it comes to bad movies, some of them are hilariously bad. Matrix Resurrection on the other hand, is ridiculously bad.

It has no single redeeming quality.

Every change that was made was for the worst and All the new concepts that were introduced was terrible.

The story was goofy.

The dialogue was atrocious.

The characters are one dimensional and unmemorable.

The cinematography was bad. The movie had a lot of shaky Cam which weren't present in the original movies. Also, I hated a lot of the effects that were used especially the one they used when Neo took the pill.

The action that the Matrix franchise was renowned for is also extremely lackluster. The hand to hand combat is uninspired and looks weightless and The gun fights are just there.
There was a fight that took place in a train and the whole setting was just crowded and confusing.

Keanu has never really been a good actor IMO.
He has a stilted way that acting that can work for movies like John Wick but not for a movie that needs to show acting range. In this movie, he look incredibly bored and his acting ranged from mediocre to bad.

So why does Agent Smith still exist? Didn't Neo destroy him in the last movie? If the analyst brought him back, why did he do so? He isn't on the analyst side and he offers no advantage to the Matrix so why is he back?

Speaking of the Analyst, he is easily one of the worst villains to be portrayed in a movie. He is not charismatic and to make matters worse, he isn't even threatening or menacing. He just looks annoying.

Also what purpose does Neo serve in this movie? Why were the rebels looking for him? He had already ended the war with the machines and the peace he brokered still exists, so why is he here? Were the rebels looking for him because they needed a hero to worship? He isn't fighting for humanities freedom or fate so why is he even here?

Morpheus also serves no purpose in this movie. I don't even understand why or how he exists in this movie.

The new twist they added which is that Neo and Trinity are very powerful when they're together is dumb. They've been together for the whole of the last trilogy and we didn't see any of this special power.
At the end, it is revealed that trinity also has the powers of the ONE? And this makes no sense whatsoever.

This movie takes the concept of meta to a ridiculous new hight.
The cut to previous movies was cringe and they nostalgia bait that the movie was going for fell flat in All ways.

1.5/10 I didn't see this movie in a cinema, but I want a refund.

**ignore the many typos**

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 9:13am On Dec 27, 2021
pu7pl3:

And it's always soo confusing, even sometimes you will see him talking about how he isn't enjoying the movie or how the prequel of a movie was far better than the one he is rating and he will still give it a 7 or 7.5
hahaha, I don't know dat shit is confusing.... maybe I'm not putting it well.......I love both but I'm used to comparing things..........

I'll try stop it sha grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 9:21am On Dec 27, 2021
Everything u type is 100%
Gmajor:
When it comes to bad movies, some of them are hilariously bad. Matrix Resurrection on the other hand, is ridiculously bad.

It has no single redeeming quality.

Every change that was made was for the worst and All the new concepts that were introduced was terrible.

The story was goofy.

The dialogue was atrocious.

The characters are one dimensional and unmemorable.

The cinematography was bad. The movie had a lot of shaky Cam which weren't present in the original movies. Also, I hated a lot of the effects that were used especially the one they used when Neo took the pill.

The action that the Matrix franchise was renowned for is also extremely lackluster. The hand to hand combat is uninspired and looks weightless and The gun fights are just there.
There was a fight that took place in a train and the whole setting was just crowded and confusing.

He has a stilted way that acting that can work for movies like John Wick but not for a movie that needs to show acting range. In this movie, he look incredibly bored and his acting ranged from mediocre to bad.

So why does Agent Smith still exist? Didn't Neo destroy him in the last movie? If the analyst brought him back, why did he do so? He isn't on the analyst side and he offers no advantage to the Matrix so why is he back?

Speaking of the Analyst, he is easily one of the worst villains to be portrayed in a movie. He is not charismatic and to make matters worse, he isn't even threatening or menacing. He just looks annoying.

Also what purpose does Neo serve in this movie? Why were the rebels looking for him? He had already ended the war with the machines and the peace he brokered still exists, so why is he here? Were the rebels looking for him because they needed a hero to worship? He isn't fighting for humanities freedom or fate so why is he even here?

Morpheus also serves no purpose in this movie. I don't even understand why or how he exists in this movie.

The new twist they added which is that Neo and Trinity are very powerful when they're together is dumb. They've been together for the whole of the last trilogy and we didn't see any of this special power.
At the end, it is revealed that trinity also has the powers of the ONE? And this makes no sense whatsoever.

This movie takes the concept of meta to a ridiculous new hight.
The cut to previous movies was cringe and they nostalgia bait that the movie was going for fell flat in All ways.

1.5/10 I didn't see this movie in a cinema, but I want a refund.

**ignore the many typos**
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 10:44am On Dec 27, 2021
Just finished Don't look up

I don't even know how to feel or what to rate it.

But it is good
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2021
abduleez1:

Make sure you give us feedback.

It was absolutely spectacular.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2021
Willem Dafoe coming back after 20 years to solidify his Goblin as THE Spiderman villain is one of the most beautiful things I've seen this year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 12:17pm On Dec 27, 2021
Gmajor:

The bolded summaries your problem in its entirety. Your perception is skewed which makes everything you typed to be hogwash.

You chose a "my way or the highway" approach to critic a movie because your sensibilities were offended. It is no wonder we have wicked academic supervisors in this country such that a number of the lecturers themselves prefer to school abroad.

Maybe you should resign yourself to watching Nollywood movies. That may help.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2021
The Unforgivable

This movie is deep on so many levels.

There was so much going on, it might have been better off as a limited series because there's so many POV I was interested in.

Definitely one of my top movies in 2021
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2021
Dotng:

The bolded summaries your problem in its entirety. Your perception is skewed which makes everything you typed to be hogwash.

You chose a "my way or the highway" approach to critic a movie because your sensibilities were offended. It is no wonder we have wicked academic supervisors in this country such that a number of the lecturers themselves prefer to school abroad.

Maybe you should resign yourself to watching Nollywood movies. That may help.

I havent seen all Keanu Reeves' movies. Can you mention a movie in which Keanu Reeves showed actual depth in his character played?

Cause all of his characters are usually just flat in my opinion. From 47 Ronin to Knock Knock.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) ... (3863) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Baddestguyp(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.