Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,440 members, 7,853,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:54 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2943) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3819824 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2940) (2941) (2942) (2943) (2944) (2945) (2946) ... (3859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
DanielOyaskii:
All this you are saying are "hearsay"...do you have any data to back up @ bolded?
smh....it's not new knowledge...
There are facts backing them up...
The sales speak for themselves... especially the newer ones with woke shii

Many articles, youtube videos, etc have been written on why there's poor sales...
People want a good story, not woke shii
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
Baddestguyp:
smh....it's not new knowledge...
There are facts backing them up...
The sales speak for themselves... especially the newer ones with woke shii

Many articles, youtube videos, etc have been written on why there's poor sales...
People want a good story, not woke shii
Bring the facts now. Post the sales data that are doing the speaking and backing. Should be easy seeing as there's many articles and videos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kaycee7:
Bring the facts now. Post the sales data that are doing the speaking and backing. Should be easy seeing as there's many articles and videos
2021 chart

Even in 2020 Demon Slayer manga outsold the entire comic book industry...
One Piece too has been topping sales consistently for years...

You can check all these yourself...it's not an argument at this point...it's pure fact

Even Food Wars, a manga about cooking outsold all the superhero comics...you can't be pushing wokeness and expect sales lol...
You can do your research...the numbers are embarrassing...comic books don't even enter top 5

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
I'm waiting for it cheesy as long as Scott collects his regular dose of ass whopping then I'm satisfied.

Simonokeh7:
Is anybody anticipating the teen wolf movie coming up..

It's a redo of the entire series like a movie with the same cast.

Just that stiles wouldn't be casting..

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
DanielOyaskii:
Lmaoo...Antispam bot is on my case for some reason, i remember i got banned for mentioning the app i use to curate movies and series sometime ago and I don't know why....so i just made a screen shot of it for you my man.... search for both apps on the app store and use whichever you like.

Spam bot na werey. Same thing dey did to me two days ago cos I tried to table a complaint about our well known 9ja site. undecided

Wow, funny enough I know about those platforms but na their websites I know. Didn't know they have movie curation apps.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
Baddestguyp:
2021 chart

You can check all these yourself...it's not an argument at this point...it's pure fact

Even Food Wars, a manga about cooking outsold all the superhero comics...you can't be pushing wokeness and expect sales lol...
You can do your research...the numbers are embarrassing...comic books don't even enter top 5
Well, well! For once you actually had the facts at hand.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
DieRich5:
dem mad AF sad

Next: Gay super hero character loading tongue
it is the kids coming up I pity, there is a research or so that in 20 years time more than half of the USA population would be gayy. I don't even doubt it anymore because most kids growing up would just eat up whatever this people put out. A boy child would just wake up and tell the father that he is a girl instead of flogging sense into them they say yes child whatever you want. The future generations is gone abeg
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
Chibudollar:
This world has literally gone mad because what on the name of fukkkk is this shitttt. When we cry about forcing LGBT down our throats some of you here come defending them now see

Noice. Putting money where their mouth is. Abi na Putin mouth where the money at. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
This Disney own don dey too much,na so dem carry gayshit put for Eternals.

Chibudollar:
This world has literally gone mad because what on the name of fukkkk is this shitttt. When we cry about forcing LGBT down our throats some of you here come defending them now see
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Baddestguyp:
2021 chart

Damn, didn't know this shït is this bad. shocked
Fvvk!! No wonder DC comics HQ is closing from WB Burbank headquarters. embarassed It's an open secret the industry been suffering for the past 3 years. cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
abduleez1:

Damn, didn't know this shït is this bad. shocked
Fvvk!! No wonder DC comics HQ is closing from WB Burbank headquarters. embarassed It's an open secret the industry been suffering for the past 3 years. cry
The moment services like BookWalker started running Light Novels outside Japan, it was a wrap. The volume of content coming from the East far outnumbers the West's library.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
MJBOLT:

I still haven't and have no plans to watch that gay shit called Eternals
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kaycee7:
The moment services like BookWalker started running Light Novels outside Japan, it was a wrap. The volume of content coming from the East far outnumbers the West's library.

Damn. Omo it ain't easy.
I wonder if the genre could get back up in the next 3 years. Especially with this useless pivoting of DC with almost all major characters getting queer alternatives. Dunno how the woke shït is spreading over at Marvel comics tho.

The most fvvking shock I got based on that chart he published, other genres was even topping superhero comics. shocked it means DC black label would be making a killing by now if it was still its own thing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I still haven't and have no plans to watch that gay shit called Eternals

Lol, Eternals didn't even have explicit gay content as opposed to other media. Just a gay kiss and an obvious queer relationship.

Well na their palava be that sha.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
MJBOLT:

Haven't even watched eternals.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DanielOyaskii(m): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
Baddestguyp:
2021 chart

I was actually looking for the data that states "American comic wokeism" is the reason Japanese Comics outsell them but okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
abduleez1:

Damn. Omo it ain't easy.
I wonder if the genre could get back up in the next 3 years. Especially with this useless pivoting of DC with almost all major characters getting queer alternatives. Dunno how the woke shït is spreading over at Marvel comics tho.

The most fvvking shock I got based on that chart he published, other genres was even topping superhero comics. shocked it means DC black label would be making a killing by now if it was still its own thing.
The woke shit isn't even the major problem. It's a small problem that's way overblown out of proportion by commentators. It's the lack of new content, specifically characters. Not many people want to read another Superman or X-Men run, so they gravitate towards the new content coming from Japan/Korea/China.

DC Black Label would definitely have been making a killing with their plethora of characters that many people haven't read their stories.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
DanielOyaskii:
I was actually looking for the data that states "American comic wokeism" is the reason Japanese Comics outsell them but okay.
just type on Google or YouTube especially on why American comics are dying...
You'll see tons of videos and comments that discuss it...
Even Critical Drinker one of my top movie reviewers discussed it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, Eternals didn't even have explicit gay content as opposed to other media. Just a gay kiss and an obvious queer relationship.

Well na their palava be that sha.
Eternals was banned from Nigerian cinemas back then...I think a week after it debuted or so...
It was also banned in several countries for gay stuff...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kaycee7:
The woke shit isn't even the major problem. It's a small problem that's way overblown out of proportion by commentators. It's the lack of new content, specifically characters. Not many people want to read another Superman or X-Men run, so they gravitate towards the new content coming from Japan/Korea/China.

DC Black Label would definitely have been making a killing with their plethora of characters that many people haven't read their stories.
there's a new superman comic about Superman's son being gay and all that...
There are many feminist comics...these guys don't have a story to tell...they just use it as a medium to spread their woke shit...and it's very obvious

*Modified ...look at this, does this look like people who want to tell a good story?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kaycee7:

I guess so.
It was easier for me to read Black Label content than main DC back then.

True on new characters.
I noticed there's an uptick in creation of new characters at DC. And they seem to be doing better than the already existing character comics.
Yara Flor and the Infinite Frontier new characters and the likes seem to be a big hit with the fans.

Me e don tey wey I read comic o. The last time I tried last year October/November I was stuck on Doomsday Clock.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Baddestguyp:
There are many feminist comics...these guys don't have a story to tell...they just use it as a medium to spread their woke shit...and it's very obvious

*Modified ...look at this, does this look like people who want to tell a good story?
Were Tim Drake, Jackson Hyde and Jon Kent comics making numbers before they came out as LGBTQ?

If the LGBTQ content was really the problem, then why aren't the heteronormative superhero comics doing huge numbers then?

Many feminist comics? How many them dey? And why doesn't feminist themes affect Shoujo and Josei manga sales?

I'd take that initial W and rest, if I was you. You don't want to deep this argument with me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
Baddestguyp:

I don't still think wokeness has been mainly the problem. Comic enthusiasts have been complaining for some years now of dropping quality of comics these days. And I think fresh takes or NEW content is blamed for this.

Gay characters and the likes ain't new in comics these days and that superman son narrative ain't surprising or gonna turn off people in significant numbers. We've known Wonder Woman is Bi although not explicitly stated for decades. Harley Quinn is obviously Bisexual, so is Poison Ivy. Even that Tim Drake sef get gay vibes with him right from time. I won't be surprised if he comes out. The first Green Lantern Alan Scott is also gay. So all this one no dey surprise any ardent follower of comics.

It's just more publicised or talked about these days.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
abduleez1:

I guess so.
It was easier for me to read Black Label content than main DC back then.

True on new characters.
I noticed there's an uptick in creation of new characters at DC. And they seem to be doing better than the already existing character comics.
Yara Flor and the Infinite Frontier new characters and the likes seem to be a big hit with the fans.

Me e don tey wey I read comic o. The last time I tried last year October/November I was stuck on Doomsday Clock.
Been reading Justice League Incarnate when I have the time. Lined up Yara Flor next with all the buzz it's been getting.

Can relate. 24 hours in a day and weekends no be enough time again for all these content.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
Chibudollar:
Disney doing damage control after they handled the "don't say gay" fiasco terribly. This won't happen eventually,they are just gaybaiting as usual.....even if they do it,it will be the bare minimum because they don't have a great history of queer representation (cough cough Loki) so nothing to worry about. Nobody is "forcing anything down your throat"

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
abduleez1:

The premium SIMPING that's why I keep using the movie as primary reference point to Will's behaviour. Just kinda funny I watched that movie 2 days before Smith's shitfest.
If you closely look at the story you'll see its weakness all through. The great acting and Ana De Armas tits was just engaging enough to paper the cracks.

What even surprised me, the cops couldn't even get autopsy report and forensics showing strangulation as cause of death. No traces of fingerprints or anything. Werey even pretended to burn his fingers in the pan, from there I thought the movie will explore how he will explain himself if that strangulation argument was brought forward.

I swear. Dumb sloppy kills. I even thought dude was a genius, showing the way he kills them showed no evidence of calculating brilliance. You kill person, you put stone for him chest. No be to make the person sink to the bottom of the river? Mumu kept the body and had to go back to do clean-ups. Dumb move.

The same person directed Unfaithful so I'm not surprised
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
Flamemignon1:

Disney doing damage control after they handled the "don't say gay" fiasco terribly. This won't happen eventually,they are just gaybaiting as usual.....even if they do it,it will be the bare minimum because they don't have a great history of queer representation (cough cough Loki) so nothing to worry about. Nobody is "forcing anything down your throat"

Thank you. Well said.

I know Disney just love to talk big and claim they pro LGBTQ whereas they're not.
Dem dey learn work for where Netflix dey sef.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
Flamemignon1:

honest question man, do you go about searching for gayy comments on this site, because I never see your contribution here, the last time we had a gayy argument in movies that how you appeared from nowhere now here you are again.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kaycee7:
Been reading Justice League Incarnate when I have the time. Lined up Yara Flor next with all the buzz it's been getting.

Can relate. 24 hours in a day and weekends no be enough time again for all these content.

Mehn, life ain't easy man.

I surprise last week when I see say that Naomi character wey Xavier5 dey obsessed with was claimed to now be the strongest JL member on ScreenRant.
That Yara has been one interesting character I've been meaning to follow especially since her issues are new and not much.
E go dey easier to catch up on this character now before she blow up and go mainstream in the next few years. I no go surprise if I see am for the upcoming Wonder Woman projects especially Amazons. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2022
abduleez1:

Thank you. Well said.

I know Disney just love to talk big and claim they pro LGBTQ whereas they're not.
Dem dey learn work for where Netflix dey sef.
The last part took me out. Netflix is the king when it comes to diversity although it's more quantity than quality but I think they deserve their flowers
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
Chibudollar:
honest question man, do you go about searching for gayy comments on this site, because I never see your contribution here, the last time we had a gayy argument in movies that how you appeared from nowhere now here you are again.
Well, it's my queer moniker. I have others for other causes

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kaycee7:
Were Tim Drake, Jackson Hyde and Jon Kent comics making numbers before they came out as LGBTQ?

If the LGBTQ content was really the problem, then why aren't the heteronormative superhero comics doing huge numbers then?

Many feminist comics? How many them dey? And why doesn't feminist themes affect Shoujo and Josei manga sales?

I'd take that initial W and rest, if I was you. You don't want to deep this argument with me.
these manga genres you mentioned are for girls yes...but not preachy...
It's one thing to make something for a demographic so long as it meets their needs and tells a good story

It's another thing to make a woke story without any concern or focus on plot...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2940) (2941) (2942) (2943) (2944) (2945) (2946) ... (3859) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Kaycee7(m), pu7pl3(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.