Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,571 members, 7,847,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:40 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2945) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3804359 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2942) (2943) (2944) (2945) (2946) (2947) (2948) ... (3855) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
abduleez1:
LMFAO... Go Bob Chapek.... Nice one. grin grin

Later one will come and be crying MCU is mature. When it's clear this is made for kids. cheesy grin
which movie is this?

So ur saying dc is mature cus of da blood undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:16am On Mar 31, 2022
abduleez1:

Later one dierich5 will come and be crying MCU is mature. When it's clear this is made for kids. cheesy grin
MCU movies are PG 13...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:16am On Mar 31, 2022
Dune 8.5/10
Now I know why Dune won best cinematography and best Visual Effects above NWH...among several others
It's not just about splashing money on CGI...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Neimar: 2:20am On Mar 31, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Dune 8.5/10
Now I know why Dune won best cinematography and best Visual Effects above NWH...among several others
It's not just about splashing money on CGI...

I don't understand the movie
I slept off severally
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 7:00am On Mar 31, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Eternals was banned from Nigerian cinemas back then...I think a week after it debuted or so...
It was also banned in several countries for gay stuff...

That scene was less than 5 minutes in a 2 hours movie. I just forwarded that part and moved on. The Naija ban na initial gra gra. They still released it here
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:49am On Mar 31, 2022
Neimar:

I don't understand the movie
I slept off severally
you need patience...tbh the movie is slow paced...for a 2 hours 30mins movie...
I watched in 3 days...cos of time and headache...
But Dune was definitely worth it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:52am On Mar 31, 2022
phr0nesis:

That scene was less than 5 minutes in a 2 hours movie. I just forwarded that part and moved on. The Naija ban na initial gra gra. They still released it here
I'm not watching Eternals...
Let then enjoy their gay shit

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:59am On Mar 31, 2022
abduleez1:

Later one dierich5 will come and be crying MCU is mature. When it's clear this is made for kids. cheesy grin

Disney has been experimenting with Parental controls for some time with the Netflix shows moving over to D+...
This is FAWS and it has been in it's original form for over a year, the edited version file was uploaded to D+ for around 2-3 hours yesterday mistakenly before being pulled and the original subsequently uploaded back...

And to note, blood doesn't make something more mature, realistic yes but not more mature...FAWS is one of the best Superhero shows with with thoughtful realism especially about racism in America(Isiah Bradley's storyline was powerful) and the evident character growth of Bucky over processing his guilt...

Also, Chapek is the one pushing Disney as a whole to more R-rated territory...Under Iger, Deadpool would be PG and the Netflix shows would be watered down till 2 year old babies could watch.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:35am On Mar 31, 2022
Baddestguyp:
MCU movies are PG 13...

Yep. I know. That's why they ain't going forward with more serious storylines.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:02am On Mar 31, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Disney has been experimenting with Parental controls for some time with the Netflix shows moving over to D+...
This is FAWS and it has been in it's original form for over a year, the edited version file was uploaded to D+ for around 2-3 hours yesterday mistakenly before being pulled and the original subsequently uploaded back...

And to note, blood doesn't make something more mature, realistic yes but not more mature...FAWS is one of the best Superhero shows with with thoughtful realism especially about racism in America(Isiah Bradley's storyline was powerful) and the evident character growth of Bucky over processing his guilt...

Also, Chapek is the one pushing Disney as a whole to more R-rated territory...Under Iger, Deadpool would be PG and the Netflix shows would be watered down till 2 year old babies could watch.... grin grin

Oh pls. FATWS ain't shït. Who give am one of the best supes project? undecided Because it touched on racism? Bruh, that shït felt like pandering to me and unoriginal. If you want a comparison of a show on how to do genuine take on institutional racism then go watch Watchmen. I guess it'll be the best Supes show you've ever watched since it touched on racism. It's this mentality because it touched on race, it touched on black people that's why people were raving about Black Panther and how groundbreaking it was well when it was just a decent superhero movie with majorly black cast. that's how some people were shouting it should get a Best Picture nod. On to what? Because say you give black people relevance or power.

I don't think Chapek should be congratulated for the Netflix shows coming back cos obviously those shows rights were gonna revert to Disney cos the contractual agreements with Netflix was up. So it doesn't matter who's at the helm. They need those characters in the first place to further the MCU and in essence to boost D+ subscribers. How do you bring fans of the Netflix shows over to your new platform? By bringing in the old shows they love and bait them for future projects.
So don't think it's all Disney goodness.

Deadpool has been under Fox and it's a well known thing how Deadpool is. Turning Deadpool to pg13 watered down shit would be highly controversial as it was the major concern of general audience worldwide during the fox purchase. So, I don't think Iger would be foolish enough to tow that line.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DanielOyaskii(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2022
See gutter ratings....wentin dey occur? shocked shocked

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:28am On Mar 31, 2022
DanielOyaskii:
Audience ratings will determine whether I'll give this a chance cos I've lost almost all drive to watch it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 9:28am On Mar 31, 2022
DanielOyaskii:
this kind movie no Dy interests me (most people)to watch again,anything beasts I don't like
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:28am On Mar 31, 2022
abduleez1:

Oh pls. FATWS ain't shït. Who give am one of the best supes project? undecided Because it touched on racism? Bruh, that shït felt like pandering to me and unoriginal. If you want a comparison of a show on how to do genuine take on institutional racism then go watch Watchmen. I guess it'll be the best Supes show you've ever watched since it touched on racism. It's this mentality because it touched on race, it touched on black people that's why people were raving about Black Panther and how groundbreaking it was well when it was just a decent superhero movie with majorly black cast. that's how some people were shouting it should get a Best Picture nod. On to what? Because say you give black people relevance or power.

I don't think Chapek should be congratulated for the Netflix shows coming back cos obviously those shows rights were gonna revert to Disney cos the contractual agreements with Netflix was up. So it doesn't matter who's at the helm. They need those characters in the first place to further the MCU and in essence to boost D+ subscribers. How do you bring fans of the Netflix shows over to your new platform? By bringing in the old shows they love and bait them for future projects.

Deadpool has been under Fox and it's a well known thing how Deadpool is. Turning Deadpool to pg13 watered down shit would be highly controversial as it was the major concern of general audience worldwide during the fox purchase. So, I don't think Iger would be foolish enough to tow that line.

No, it's the best cos it's an MCU product...Anfieldfan is the John Campea of Nairaland period.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:36am On Mar 31, 2022
pu7pl3:

No, it's the best cos it's an MCU product...Anfieldfan is the John Campea of Nairaland period.

Lol... grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:38am On Mar 31, 2022
DanielOyaskii:

Jesus!! 19%?? Wtf... shocked shocked

I was slightly seeing bashing reviews and Leto complaints but man I didn't know it's this bad. And I was thinking around 55%>> . embarassed
Damn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:40am On Mar 31, 2022
Kaycee7:
Audience ratings will determine whether I'll give this a chance cos I've lost almost all drive to watch it

If them like make them give am 2% and F CinemaScore; I go still watch am. The premise and being a vampire project goty interest already.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 9:40am On Mar 31, 2022
abduleez1:

FAWS felt like pandering to you is just cheap talk, how did it pander? Pandering means blowing something out of proportion to bait a particular group of people, in this instance, it didn't, white people loved the show too..
And I would love to know what you mean by genuine take on racism, explain this and how FAWS' take on racism was fake... undecided undecided
I never mentioned Black Panther so you bringing it up doesn't really do anything for your argument...

You're missing the point, the shows coming back to Disney isn't the issue, the issue was maintaining their R-Rated rating especially for shows like The punisher and Daredevil...Iger didn't want Marvel to move from family friendly to more bloody visuals or nudity, Chapek on the other hand convinced the board of the benefits of having a provision for more mature content...

Iger bought Fox entertainment same way he bought Lucas, doesn't change the direction he wanted to take Disney projects, he was going to make Deadpool Pg13 because he believed Disney as a company should remain Family friendly as opposed to pivoting towards more adult oriented themes...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:41am On Mar 31, 2022
Yaayy... Let's go back to Derry and Penny-wise!!

Can't wait. grin cheesy

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:56am On Mar 31, 2022
AnfieldFan:

FAWS felt like pandering to you is just cheap talk, how did it pander? Pandering means blowing something out of proportion to bait a particular group of people, in this instance, it didn't, white people loved the show too..
And I would love to know what you mean by genuine take on racism, explain this and how FAWS' take on racism was fake... undecided undecided
I never mentioned Black Panther so you bringing it up doesn't really do anything for your argument...

You're missing the point, the shows coming back to Disney isn't the issue, the issue was maintaining their R-Rated rating especially for shows like The punisher and Daredevil...Iger didn't want Marvel to move from family friendly to more bloody visuals or nudity, Chapek on the other hand convinced the board of the benefits of having a provision for more mature content...

Iger bought Fox entertainment same way he bought Lucas, doesn't change the direction he wanted to take Disney projects, he was going to make Deadpool Pg13 because he believed Disney as a company should remain Family friendly as opposed to pivoting towards more adult oriented themes...

I see. Well Iger going with what has worked for them for years. Anyways, if it's Chapek's idea for more mature and encompassing content big ups to him then.

As for the FAWTS argument:
It didn't feel original or genuine to me. The racism stuff especially Isaiah's story just felt off to me.
The racial stuff in the show I kinda connect with was Sam's sister struggles with the bank loan and all that.
Maybe the bar set by Watchmen was so fvvking high FATWS felt mid. Just saying. That racial stuff didn't move me one bit. It didn't feel as if they were genuinely talking.
It just felt like it was just mentioning racism in passing. I'm not saying it's a bad TV show. I'm saying it's MID and touching on race ain't gon' change that.
The only great thing about the show was the character devt given to Bucky and his fight with his inner demons. The rest? Not so engaging.

Guy if you dey watch movies or shows with racial theme, e get one feeling way u go feel. The anger, the rage, the empathy, the emotions.
Baba all those ones was fvvking absent in FATWS that's why I get pissed when person dey mention race all the time with that show.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 10:02am On Mar 31, 2022
abduleez1:

I see. Well Iger going with what has worked for them for years. Anyways, if it's Chapek's idea for more mature and encompassing content big ups to him then.

As for the FAWTS argument:
It didn't feel original or genuine to me. The racism stuff especially Isaiah's story just felt off to me.
The racial stuff in the show I kinda connect with was Sam's sister struggles with the bank loan and all that.
Maybe the bar set by Watchmen was so fvvking high FATWS felt mid. Just saying. That racial stuff didn't move me one bit. It didn't feel as if they were genuinely talking.
It just felt like it was just mentioning racism in passing. I'm not saying it's a bad TV show. I'm saying it's MID and touching on race ain't gon' change that.
The only great thing about the show was the character devt given to Bucky and his fight with his inner demons. The rest? Not so engaging.

Guy if you dey watch movies or shows with racial theme, e get one feeling way u go feel. The anger, the rage, the empathy, the emotions.
Baba all those ones was fvvking absent in FATWS that's why I get pissed when person dey mention race all the time with that show.

Well I can't sway you because your feelings are subjective...

It's a six episode show with different arcs and the little time apportioned for racial themes was done well to..
Individual differences, his sister's troubles with the bank felt like everyday something to me but you lived it more while Bradley's arc felt more congruent to me because he was a Super soldier and we hadn't seen that yet .
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:17am On Mar 31, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Well I can't sway you because your feelings are subjective...

It's a six episode show with different arcs and the little time apportioned for racial themes was done well to..
Individual differences, his sister's troubles with the bank felt like everyday something to me but you lived it more while Bradley's arc felt more congruent to me because he was a Super soldier and we hadn't seen that yet .

Well, ain't we all subjective. It's clear we all arguing based on individual bias.

Her troubles was everyday struggle that's why it probably resonates more with me. Isaiah? Not so much.
Well, let's just leave it at that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
abduleez1:

Yep. I know. That's why they ain't going forward with more serious storylines.
While End Game was a fantastic end to the last phase...I still wish Thanos had ended up winning in the end...
Not all stories deserve a happy end
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
DanielOyaskii:
wtf ...
I don download episode 1...will watch and form opinion today
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
Baddestguyp:
While End Game was a fantastic end to the last phase...I still wish Thanos had ended up winning in the end...
Not all stories deserve a happy end
thanos did win tho, time travel save the day in rematch.....
I don't think end game has happy ending to me o, U forgot Iron man die at the end ND the rest hero was sad even tho dem won
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
dune na all this award mk dat guy come post dat thing undecided anyway dune worth some tho like: the best VE ND Best sound, the rest lipsrsealed

I swr this dune na for series, the thing wey Dy pain me now I go come wait 2 or 3 b4 the part 2 go drop ND dem never even start the movie

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
DieRich5:
thanos did win tho, time travel save the day in rematch.....
I don't think end game has happy ending to me o, U forgot Iron man die at the end ND the rest hero was sad even tho dem won
we all knew they wouldn't let Thanos win after end of Infinity War...
Imagine if Thanos had won again at the end of End Game...
Some kids would go wild

Iron Man dieing doesn't mean Thanos won
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
DieRich5:
dune na all this award mk dat guy come post dat thing undecided anyway dune worth some tho like: the best VE ND Best sound, the rest lipsrsealed

I swr this dune na for series, the thing wey Dy pain me now I go come wait 2 or 3 b4 the part 2 go drop ND dem never even start the movie
Dune deserved best cinematography...

Those complaints are from people who only watch Popcorn movies and cannot identify a good story or good directing...

People like that will also call Mr Robot boring when we know Mr Robot was a masterpiece of the director...
I had to Google the director of that series because so many times while watching I actually clapped so much for the director...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 2:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
DieRich5:

Are you basing a movie review on opinions from Nigerians on Facebook?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
Baddestguyp:
we all knew they wouldn't let Thanos win after end of Infinity War...
Imagine if Thanos had won again at the end of End Game...
Some kids would go wild

Iron Man dieing doesn't mean Thanos won
I tell u say iron Man dead mk thanos won undecided really even the first fight thanos won dat fight with luck cus Thor FK innit

because we didn't lose the 2nd, doe not mean we won, u can't call dat a happy ending man.......... story where the enemy is defeated but someone, very important person dies tragically ND ur calling it Happy ending sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
pu7pl3:

Are you basing a movie review on opinions from Nigerians on Facebook?
lolz, Facebook people know anything cheesy if it's ain't Twitter dem sorry tongue
I just feel like adding to it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2022
DieRich5:
I tell u say iron Man dead mk thanos won undecided really even the first fight thanos won dat fight with luck cus Thor FK innit

because we didn't lose the 2nd, doe not mean we won, u can't call dat a happy ending man.......... story where the enemy is defeated but someone, very important person dies tragically ND ur calling it Happy ending sad

it's happy ending...
To be honest I strongly supported Thanos...
I really wanted him to win ...
It pained me as the Avengers won...
I cared about Thanos far more than every member of The Avengers...
Although among the Avengers, Iron Man was who I cared about the most tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (2942) (2943) (2944) (2945) (2946) (2947) (2948) ... (3855) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: cezarman(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.