Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3785358 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) ... (3845) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:09am On May 01, 2022
abduleez1:

Interesting list.

The Outfit and The Drop Out don't get hyped on here. Heard they're frontrunners for Emmys glory.
I have them on my watchlist but mehn imma really struggle reaching my goals this month. Too many good content coming up this month.
The Dropout was really good and i personally like stories about tech startups. Amanda Seyfried finished work as "Elizabeth Holmes" .. crazy method acting so the emmy shouts is fair.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:41am On May 01, 2022
oyaskii:
While DSTV totally needs a revamp of thier programme outside of sports, they are actually doing Africans and in this context Nigeria a huge favour with the kind of pay tv they operate. In the uk for example, Virgin that owns The Sky brand are actually doing a bigger fleecing per say, you can pay as much as £41 for the sports package and mind you they share EPL "blockbuster matches" slot with BT sports, so BT sports owns the 12:30 EPL spot on Saturdays so imagine Man city and Liverpool have a game on Saturday by 12:30pm , you can't see it after paying £41! and mind you Sky doesn't have rights to the UCL, la liga and seria A. To get the full Sky package could cost up to £115! and this is huge money if you understand how earnings and taxation works in the UK. Even big boxing fights and UFC aren't even added to the sports package so you have to see them on per pay view, But DSTv shows you virtually all the games from EPL, La liga, Seria A, UCL, UEL, UCF, UYL, world cup, Euros, formula one, UFC, WBO etc on ONE SUB!

To DSTV content outside of sports, though i think they need improvement but still i think they are trying. Most movies are owned by the "Big 7" movie cooperation and these companies have move thier movie titles to thier respective streaming platform and to get rights to air them on a pay tv, you have to acquire these rights. and DSTV regularly have MCU or DCEU channels, during the height of GOT, Dstv was doing same day release as HBO!. and aside of movies they have other interesting content too like crime and investigation, Discovery, food channel, Nat Geo and Nat geo wild.

To thier pricing, this is i squarely place on the government and the unfair business clime here, imagine there was a Diesel shortage for a about two months this year, how did you think DSTV will break even at the end of the year in this situation?.

The prices for rights are not cheap. Dstv paid close to $650m for thier last EPL rights! coupled with the formula one, WBO, UFC rights, you tell me how can they afford all these with the business conditions here without reviewing thier prices frequently? HITV got full EPL rights and was offering full EPL package on a 4k sub per month, they were out of business in 3 years and was neck deep in debts.

While these are salient points for DSTV's pricing system, I believe they need to do more especially in terms of pay-as-you-go they employ in SA and some other parts of Africa. It should be a fair billing system for most countries most especially when we're their biggest market. There's almost no advantage we enjoy despite being their most important market. And that's where the resentment with the company starts from.

The pillars of DSTV is sports content, Africa Magic (Nollywood content) and BB Naija. I don't see why Nigeria shouldn't have some preferential benefits given how important we're to its business development.

I'm out of the DSTV/GOTV ecosystem so I don't care much for their content these days. The only entertainment I gained from that vendor was it's music Channels. I was already leaning away from its Nature and Wildlife programs. Their sports programs, I could only access through viewing centres cos my siblings no go let person rest with Zee World, Africa Magic and Disney.
Still those yeye people messed up the music programming.

The only benefit I see now is the TNT movies I could be forced to watch to catch up on old movies I missed over the years.
I just missed when I was up to date with new music videos back then. Now I could only depend on regular broadcast TV and YouTube.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tunnex190: 10:03am On May 01, 2022
Purpl3:
365 days: this day - 10/10
The best movie I've ever seen in my life hands down, cinematography was crisp, soomany action sequences and dope choreography, soundtrack was Godtier too but the part that really aces it was the Pacing, it was soo perfect and helpful in creating a really coherent plot and story...
Wow, I really had a blast with this one and I highly recommend...Netflix have outdone themselves again...

Also shout out to Nicole Kidman and childhood hero Van Damme for also bringing their A game to this instant classic, a million applauds from me to everyone involved in making this beauty, really can't wait for the next sequel.

I really fell for this. Damn. Downloaded it and then blamed myself. But not a total waste of data and time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mirinder: 10:21am On May 01, 2022
Weekend watchlist
Licence to kill
Licence to kill
Licence to kill
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:41am On May 01, 2022
Halo is still going solid...
No disappointments so far...
Just 2 episodes to go this season...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Katcall: 12:26pm On May 01, 2022
Pu7pl3 as una don win league, buy something for boys
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 12:38pm On May 01, 2022
oyaskii:
I focused mainly on shows in April...started some... finish some while seeing some movies in between.

My top 3 from April were
The Batman
Severance/ "The Dropout (A tie wink)
Ambulance
The French dispatch, is it any good? I have bookmarked it since
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 12:39pm On May 01, 2022
tunnex190:

I really fell for this. Damn. Downloaded it and then blamed myself. But not a total waste of data and time.

Lol so you can't detect sarcasm when you see it grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 12:40pm On May 01, 2022
Katcall:
Pu7pl3 as una don win league, buy something for boys

I already did yesterday grin grin I'm sorry you came late
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Katcall: 12:44pm On May 01, 2022
Purpl3:

I already did yesterday grin grin I'm sorry you came late
beta late than never
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tunnex190: 1:37pm On May 01, 2022
Purpl3:

Lol so you can't detect sarcasm when you see it grin

Don't mind me. I read it blindly
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:07pm On May 01, 2022
abduleez1:

While these are salient points for DSTV's pricing system, I believe they need to do more especially in terms of pay-as-you-go they employ in SA and some other parts of Africa. It should be a fair billing system for most countries most especially when we're their biggest market. There's almost no advantage we enjoy despite being their most important market. And that's where the resentment with the company starts from.

The pillars of DSTV is sports content, Africa Magic (Nollywood content) and BB Naija. I don't see why Nigeria shouldn't have some preferential benefits given how important we're to its business development.

I'm out of the DSTV/GOTV ecosystem so I don't care much for their content these days. The only entertainment I gained from that vendor was it's music Channels. I was already leaning away from its Nature and Wildlife programs. Their sports programs, I could only access through viewing centres cos my siblings no go let person rest with Zee World, Africa Magic and Disney.
Still those yeye people messed up the music programming.

The only benefit I see now is the TNT movies I could be forced to watch to catch up on old movies I missed over the years.
I just missed when I was up to date with new music videos back then. Now I could only depend on regular broadcast TV and YouTube.
Bro, Dstv doesn't offer "Pay as you go" anywhere in Africa because as of now, the infrastructure they have wouldn't be able to sustain the tech, they will need a total revamp of thier existing structure and require the end uses to have steady internet for this to be even technically and commercially possible. Let me break it down.

"Pay as you go" billing means you pay when your tv or device is connected to the DSTV system and you don't pay when your tv or device isn't connected to the DSTV system, this is typically a two way system requiring DSTV to be able to monitor your usage to know how to bill you, and they can only do this if the TV or Device is connected to the internet, how many people in this poverty capital of the world, have steady uninterrupted steady internet to stream DSTV content? So Dstv uses a "one way bill" cable system, where they charged a fixed amount per month not minding if you use the services or not, that's the only way they remain commercially viable and make profits. "Pay as you go" billing works on telecommunications because that's how the system it's built and the network can monitor your usage as you go but this isn't feasible for cable tv in this clime as of now.

There's also talk of "Per pay view". This is also DOA because both DSTV and the costumers will lose money. There was a Manny Pacquiao fight one time that cost approximately 40k to see on per pay view and meanwhile the highest dstv package was 18k at that time, imagine paying for one boxing match for 40k or 18k for DSTV sub for a month where the same boxing match will be available.

Me has completely ruled out Dstv for my music and movie needs, but rely on them for sports and Docu.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:08pm On May 01, 2022
Chibudollar:
The French dispatch, is it any good? I have bookmarked it since
it is good if you are familiar with Wes Anderson's style.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 2:29pm On May 01, 2022
Leaked footage #MoM

* John Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic
* Anson Mount as Black Bolt

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:30pm On May 01, 2022
oyaskii:
it is good if you are familiar with Wes Anderson's style.

Lol, leave am. Na him go come complain later say na trash. grin grin

That man na Auteur, so nothing concern am whether you gbadun am or not. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Geld(m): 2:32pm On May 01, 2022
Boring Sunday...
Please any Good movie to spice up the Sunday?... while I wait for Barcelona match at night lipsrsealed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:40pm On May 01, 2022
oyaskii:

Bro, Dstv doesn't offer "Pay as you go" anywhere in Africa because as of now, the infrastructure they have wouldn't be able to sustain the tech, they will need a total revamp of thier existing structure and require the end uses to have steady internet for this to be even technically and commercially possible. Let me break it down.

"Pay as you go" billing means you pay when your tv or device is connected to the DSTV system and you don't pay when your tv or device isn't connected to the DSTV system, this is typically a two way system requiring DSTV to be able to monitor your usage to know how to bill you, and they can only do this if the TV or Device is connected to the internet, how many people in this poverty capital of the world, have steady uninterrupted steady internet to stream DSTV content? So Dstv uses a "one way bill" cable system, where they charged a fixed amount per month not minding if you use the services or not, that's the only way they remain commercially viable and make profits. "Pay as you go" billing works on telecommunications because that's how the system it's built and the network can monitor your usage as you go but this isn't feasible for cable tv in this clime as of now.

There's also talk of "Per pay view". This is also DOA because both DSTV and the costumers will lose money. There was a Manny Pacquiao fight one time that cost approximately 38k to see on per pay view and meanwhile the highest dstv package was 18k at that time, imagine paying for one boxing match for 40k or 18k for DSTV sub for a month where the same boxing match will be available.

Me has completed ruled out Dstv for my music and movie needs, but really on them for sports and Docu.

Great insight and analysis.
Yea, I know that PPV can't work in Africa. Presently.

So PAYG our lawmakers were shouting then na sakamanje?? shocked grin

Anyways, I'm off that service till maybe when I'm raising a family. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:52pm On May 01, 2022
abduleez1:

Great insight and analysis.
Yea, I know that PPV can't work in Africa. Presently.

So PAYG our lawmakers were shouting then na sakamanje?? shocked grin

Anyways, I'm off that service till maybe when I'm raising a family. grin
lol na carry talk our law makers dey, they know it won't work but they just want to say it so that people can calm down. Most of these lawmakers enjoy from the monopoly of DSTV sef, they will most collect kickbacks from Dstv to kill the "PAYG" talk.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jasonteague(m): 3:53pm On May 01, 2022
leaked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Geld(m): 3:56pm On May 01, 2022
Geld:
Boring Sunday...
Please any Good movie to spice up the Sunday?... while I wait for Barcelona match at night lipsrsealed
Make una come to my Aidooo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 4:13pm On May 01, 2022
VerifiedStalin:
Leaked footage #MoM

* John Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic
* Anson Mount as Black Bolt
there is one thing about John Krasinski, since I watched him in the office I always kinda look at him at other roles with the same eyes, I just don't know grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:16pm On May 01, 2022
Geld:

Make una come to my Aidooo
Death on the Nile (2022)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:53pm On May 01, 2022
Uncharted .....6.9/10

Weak plot but great adventure movie. Tom Holland just sounds the same in all his movies. undecided Anytime he speaks na Spiderman dey enter my head. undecided

Beautiful ladies by the way. grin kiss

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 5:09pm On May 01, 2022
LEAKED #MoM plot...

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Edit: Nairaland image compression is shite.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ahmed4002(m): 5:14pm On May 01, 2022
abduleez1:

While these are salient points for DSTV's pricing system, I believe they need to do more especially in terms of pay-as-you-go they employ in SA and some other parts of Africa. It should be a fair billing system for most countries most especially when we're their biggest market. .

Why not make use of IPTV if you have an Internet access.

An IPTV subscription cost about 20k for one year.
It's comes with all premium station's around the globe you could ever think of.

Live matches, movie channels, Series including NETFLIX subscription all for one year.

It's works perfectly on Smart TV, android TV or TV with android box, smart phones (IOS and android OS).

All content are in HD

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:20pm On May 01, 2022
abduleez1:
Uncharted .....6.9/10

Weak plot but great adventure movie. Tom Holland just sounds the same in all his movies. undecided Anytime he speaks na Spiderman dey enter my head. undecided

Tati Gabrielle had my full attention

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 5:22pm On May 01, 2022
Lock stock and two smoking barrels.

Imagine a younger Jason statham who is not a hardman.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Froshloaded: 5:33pm On May 01, 2022
Dasvi (Bollywood) 5.5/10

Bachchhan Paandey 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:44pm On May 01, 2022
Kaycee7:
Tati Gabrielle had my full attention

My man!!! cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:49pm On May 01, 2022
Ahmed4002:

Why not make use of IPTV if you have an Internet access.

An IPTV subscription cost about 20k for one year.
It's comes with all premium station's around the globe you could ever think of.

Live matches, movie channels, Series including NETFLIX subscription all for one year.

It's works perfectly on Smart TV, android TV or TV with android box, smart phones (IOS and android OS).

All content are in HD

I've heard of it before. I was thinking of Kodi or is it Plex?

I might plan on including it in my setup in the future. First up is a Smart TV or maybe android box.
Thanks for the info btw.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:53pm On May 01, 2022
abduleez1:
Uncharted .....6.9/10

the movie was such a forced PG-13
Someone was slashed across the neck and yet no blood lmao
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2022
Cyrano. 9/10.

I really loved this movie. I've seen two iterations in the past ( Steve Martin and one other one ) that I was like just ok.

This one was epic simple epic in the story telling. A powerful love story.

Maybe Peter is making me biased.

Anyone who loves poetry should see this.

P.s every letter is one of the most powerful songs I I ever heard. Beautifully rendered ( roxeanne killed that scene in the movie grin grin ).

A woman moved by words

(1) (2) (3) ... (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) ... (3845) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Nickshrapnel, Baddestguyp(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.