Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,049 members, 7,859,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:25 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3828549 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3132) (3133) (3134) (3135) (3136) (3137) (3138) ... (3862) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
OhBritannia:
Not just because of tech, more than tech.
and apart from tech, there are viruses, chemicals, weapons that Humans can manufacture that will kill super man in less than 24 hours, if for example super man was real in our world.
see!!! You have no idea what humans can do if a full blown war breaks out between humans and aliens or super heroes.
These are people that manufactured aeroplanes and submarines, people that manufactured nuclear weapons, have you watch a documentary on the bomb the AMERICANS used on Hiroshima in Japan?

Brother, humans are powerful, no cap.

Virus to kill someone that's impervious to every disease in the universe?

You been capping since today bruh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
Delacroix6:

Wow. I just downloaded on Netflix yesterday.
I didn't know what to expect.
I'm gonna go watch it right away .
you liked it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2022
pu7pl3:

Man has the wild imagination and technical ignorance of a 12-year old. I feel like I'm listening to my younger cousins argue grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
Don't bother going to the cinema comrades grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 2:21pm On Jul 07, 2022
pu7pl3:

Dude is no student of history. Any alien race with the technology to travel to our system is arguably a more advanced civilisation. Which is why every movie that assumes aliens have the same attitude humans have always had to less advanced civilisations is always about conquest.

Same way Indians, Africans, incas were wiped out/colonised by visitors, so too will humanity be wiped out / colonised by visitors who have conquered interstellar travel

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 2:21pm On Jul 07, 2022
@MJBOLT cheesy

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
3RNEST:

Wow, kiss going to be Dope, happy to see some Nigerian cast, not like Black Panther, No single Nigerian Cast... angry
my boy dey grin I'm watching

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
Kaycee7:
Man has the wild imagination and technical ignorance of a 12-year old. I feel like I'm listening to my younger cousins argue grin grin

I swear grin
It's even the confidence for me grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Dude is no student of history. Any alien race with the technology to travel to our system is arguably a more advanced civilisation. Which is why every movie that assumes aliens have the same attitude humans have always had to less advanced civilisations is always about conquest.

Same way Indians, Africans, incas were wiped out/colonised by visitors, so too will humanity be wiped out / colonised by visitors who have conquered interstellar travel

if Superman was real and turned on us earthlings it would be a cakewalk for him tbh...I don't know what's giving him that confidence grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 3:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
3RNEST:

Wow, kiss going to be Dope, happy to see some Nigerian cast, not like Black Panther, No single Nigerian Cast... angry

John boyega is British nigerian tho .. but I'm surprised how they learnt our acsent grin cheesy this is movie might be better than black panther
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2022
abduleez1:

Fun fact: Black Panther's Dora Milaje are based off of these women military unit— The "Dahomey Amazons".

Fact brrh .. Dahomey were like the Amazon's of africa cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2022
abduleez1:
Omo WB ain't playing with the Awards next year.
Baz Luhrmann's ELVIS is awards bait. And you know how the Academy loves Biopics especially Pop stars tales. I see another Bohemian Rhapsody.

Within this film, The Batman and Don't Worry Darling, Warner Bros has the Oscars in tight grip. The only prominent contender presently is Everything Everywhere All At Once.

With a music score consisting of performances from Eminem and Doja Cat, this is gonna slap!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2BNHwbwvI

Saw Elvis yesterday with some friends: refreshing to see Tom Hanks play a manipulative villain.

A nomination for best supporting actor definitely sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Carot: 3:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
Kaycee7:
Impossibility is an illusion. Yes we can. Afterall Superman got his powers from our yellow sun. Hahahahahaha (beats chest)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Carot: 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Hollywood keeps deceiving us with extraterrestrial like aliens.When will they design humanoid aliens?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Carot: 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
pu7pl3:

if Superman was real and turned on us earthlings it would be a cakewalk for him tbh...I don't know what's giving him that confidence grin
don't forget superman is an illusion
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
The gifted hands a Ben Carson story is a solid 10/10 for me.

Funny enough i was discussing about medical series with Swiftz and bolagabriella yesterday and today i got to watch a very wonderful and beautiful medical movie.
Total inspirational and motivational, i really don't know where to start from, so many great and beautiful things to write about the movie.

Bolagabriella you said i should let you know if i see a new medical series, well there You have it, go and download The gifted hands a Ben Carson story and watch, you will absolutely love it, infact it's the perfect movie for you since you are a medical student.
Swiftz have you watch it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 3RNEST(m): 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
blingxx:

John boyega is British nigerian tho .. but I'm surprised how they learnt our acsent grin cheesy this is movie might be better than black panther
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
Carot:
Hollywood keeps deceiving us with extraterrestrial like aliens.When will they design humanoid aliens?
Are you sure you know what you want? Superman is literally a humanoid alien.

And what is an extraterrestrial-like alien? By definition, all aliens are extra terrestrial.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
I had to stop watching The Man From Toronto in public this afternoon and save it till I am safely behind doors.... Crazily hilarious cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Neimar: 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2022
OhBritannia:

Funny enough i was discussing about medical series with Swiftz and bolagabriella yesterday and today i got to watch a very wonderful and beautiful medical movie.
Total inspirational and motivational, i really don't know where to start from, so many great and beautiful things to write about the movie.

Bolagabriella you said i should let you know if i see a new medical series, well there You have it, go and download The gifted hands a Ben Carson story and watch, you will absolutely love it, infact it's the perfect movie for you since you are a medical student.

Oga drop the movies na
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bolagabriella: 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
OhBritannia:

I watched the movie a long time ago and yeah it was a beautiful story.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bolagabriella: 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
OhBritannia:

I watched the gifted hands movie a long time ago and yeah it was a beautiful story.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Carot: 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
am about to watch doctor strange mom. Ishilove pray for me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2022
Hmm, The Grinch is a beautiful movie. I’ve tried over the years to watch it but could never find the time nor opportunity. DStv, in usual goodness, was showing the movie — so I sat to watch. It took six minutes for me to get used to the aesthetic, after those I was good to go.

Jim Carrey once again knocks it out of the ballpark with his physical acting. No wonder the movie was heavily promoted when it newly released. The makeup and prosthetics were good. Special mention goes to the movie’s use of practical effects. I am one for CGI, however this movie showed me why people hold practical effects dearly. Practical effects have practically (pun intended) no expiration date. Watching CGI films done as late as eight years after this movie (2008) show many of the images crafted are dated by today’s standards. Marvel Studios is one big reason why CGI is disliked by many purists. The company is notorious for excessively unnecessary use of computer generated effects. Some are amazing (Iron Man, 2008) while others are mediocre (Black Widow, 2021). Nowadays CGI has cheapened into nothing more than a gimmick. Once again I’m not one for practical effects but won’t mind getting served the best possible to ease my imagination.

About seventy percent into the movie, NEPA did their work. I’ll stream it later tonight. The movie is highly recommended. Now, why the hell does Hollywood churn out remakes? Seriously, there was no need to create a 2018 version of this movie. A live action version was good to accompany the 1966 short. A modern retelling was highly unnecessary.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Carot: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
Wanda is disillusioned. How can you put the multiverse at risk because of your imaginary kids? I used to think she was reasonable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
Karen is 7/10 for me.
Is it save to say IMDb and Rotten tomatoes are kind of racist?
because i don't understand why they will rate Karen 2/10 and 17% out of 100%.

is it because the movie is about a black couple that moved into a white neighborhood and are being subjected to Racism by a racist white neighbor and her white brother who is a cop?

i watched the movie and i find it really cool and kind of give some exposure about racism in America, seeing IMDb rate it 2/10 and rotten tomato rate it 17% gave me the shock of my life, rotten tomato even said it's one of the worst movies of 2021. when it doesn't favour white people, then it's a worst movie.

Racism is bigger than we all think, it's gone beyond and wide and even gotten into online platforms.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
GloriousGbola:

couldn't have said it better. That guy have spent too much time watching Hollywood movies which always depict the good guys winning.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jokerman(m): 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
pu7pl3:

I swear grin
It's even the confidence for me grin

He's a barca fan, what ya expect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
ShaqFu:
couldn't have said it better. That guy have spent too much time watching Hollywood movies which always depict the good guys winning.
do you believe in aliens?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
Who are the dark elves thor was talking about in endgame? Marvel fanatics i need your help
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
pu7pl3:

Kaycee7:

You dey surprised? That one and okoto meow meow na 5&6 and inseparable. See the way dude sit down with confidence dey type rubbish.

At times I wonder whether na attention he dey seek cos these wild ramblings from a supposed 'adult' who sees animation as 'for kids' can't be possible. The rubbish he spews on a regular basis is just baffling. grin grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
Thor love and thunder.

Entertaining Entertaining lots of laughs. GOTG was purely cameo.

However, it's becoming childish and Thor is not one to be taken seriously anymore.

Anyway I'm still an mcu fan.

I'll be back to the theaters in Oct ( black adam). Till then I'll be waiting on the high season for top gun 2, jurassic World 3, elvis, minions and whatever comes out that catches my fancy till then.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (3132) (3133) (3134) (3135) (3136) (3137) (3138) ... (3862) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.