Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,629 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3776318 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3136) (3137) (3138) (3139) (3140) (3141) (3142) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 6:05am On Jul 11, 2022
The sea beast is a very dumb movie.

It started out great until they introduced nonsense into the movie. Should we just believe and have faith in a kid because she's just a kid?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 7:11am On Jul 11, 2022
TopeQs:

Lol....

One thing about movie review here is that there are many reviews done with emotions. One has to review and)or critique with reasons but someone here will just give 3/10, say it's shitty, just like that, that's the end.

Anyways, enjoying movie is subjective and to each it's own.

I enjoyed "last seen alive" yet online movie reviews all said it's shitty. I'm waiting to see Thor (love and thunder) on Wednesday, let me see how marvel will impress after the subpar money grab called Dr Strange 2.

After Thor (if it's as bad as many review), maybe marvel should just forget phase 5 because there have been too many below par movie in phase 4. The fact that they still make buckload of money won't change their approach anyway but they should know they're losing fans.

I find it funny that you ended up doing exactly what you said others do.
I was expecting you to make an objective post but you ended up making a completely subjective one devoid of any objectivity.
The same Doctor Strange 2 you called "subpar" is an objective success story.
Its word of mouth is B which implies it's a very good movie even if it's not excellent.
It means moviegoers loved it.
It might not have made a billion bucks but it's due to it not getting a Russian and Middle east release.
So as you can see, your tagging it "subpar" is just you being emotional.
Calling it subpar is another way of saying it's shitty, just like that, that's the end.
As for Thor 4, while you're here projecting and claiming that Marvel is losing fans, its current word of mouth is B.
This is good news because it implies it's relatively well received by moviegoers and given time, will do the numbers.
The reality is Marvel is nowhere close to losing fans, if anything, it's gaining.
Many of you here in africa who get their movies on the high seas think your opinions mean shit?
Well they don't.

8 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 7:51am On Jul 11, 2022
Karleb:
The sea beast is a very dumb movie.

It started out great until they introduced nonsense into the movie. Should we just believe and have faith in a kid because she's just a kid?

Calm down, it's a children's movie, what did you expect?
Some of you like to put every minor detail under a microscope, forgetting that they are left that way because they are plot devices that advance the plot.
A few days ago, someone questioned the feasibility of time travel used in Endgame, forgetting that the same film has a talking raccoon.
Abeg leave matter for Mathias.
Some things are just what they are, they don't need you to overstress yourself.

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:59am On Jul 11, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
Movie way no too special dey come give you spoiler, watin you won watch again.

Just watch and go through the paces...
At the end of the day this particular spoiler doesn't make any difference.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:00am On Jul 11, 2022
The Adam Project 2022

Brilliant actors were given a typical plot to execute, and they did a good job. I won't even bother to spend time analyzing the myriad plot holes; I just watched this one like a Marvel movie. Nevertheless, a good movie. BC.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:17am On Jul 11, 2022
trueking:
Thank God I saw Jurassic world Dominion before coming here, I enjoyed every second of that movie, Everything everywhere all at once, I couldn't watch one hour of the movie, yet they said it's good, hehe

Take away - if you want to watch a movie disregard reviews here, shikena
Very true. I enjoyed every minute of it.

However, I think the franchise has run its course. Nothing more to add to the story. The direction it has gone is a far departure from where the original writer, Michael Crichton would have taken it to.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 9:21am On Jul 11, 2022
Jamie and Snoop hunting vamps, sign me up...

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Toyade888(m): 9:21am On Jul 11, 2022
trueking:
Thank God I saw Jurassic world Dominion before coming here, I enjoyed every second of that movie, Everything everywhere all at once, I couldn't watch one hour of the movie, yet they said it's good, hehe

I'm telling you, I decided to watch it yesterday regardless of the bad reviews here and I fucking loved it... I sincerely took more breaks while watching Strange than I did with this.

Jurrasic World: Dominion - 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2022
Prey gets a release date - August 5, 2022

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:19am On Jul 11, 2022
AnfieldFan:
Already joined the queue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:23am On Jul 11, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Is this your first watch?
Bro, this brilliantly written paradox is about to ruin my brain. What came first? The chicken or the egg? I desperately need to know. Been stretching my brain to see where the head of the Ouroboros is.

Was going to check more of The Spierig Brothers' works but they mostly do horror and I does not fück with horror.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:23am On Jul 11, 2022
AnfieldFan:

No kidding. Add Scott Adkins too, August is going to be fire.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 10:30am On Jul 11, 2022
AnfieldFan:

This picture doesn't belong here.
It's from another movie, Baby Driver.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:49am On Jul 11, 2022
durubennie:
Thor temporarily killed **** and Valkyrie stole *****,to aid her in fighting gorr the God butcher in thor love and thunder.
On top scam way you watch, you no want let us hear word.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 10:59am On Jul 11, 2022
You can argue with someone about this movie all day and you will both be right cheesy
Kaycee7:
Bro, this brilliantly written paradox is about to ruin my brain. What came first? The chicken or the egg? I desperately need to know. Been stretching my brain to see where the head of the Ouroboros is.

Was going to check more of The Spierig Brothers' works but they mostly do horror and I does not fück with horror.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 11:12am On Jul 11, 2022
Kaycee7:

That's why I asked grin grin grin, surprised you hadn't seen it before...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 11:13am On Jul 11, 2022
IbrahimMav:

This picture doesn't belong here.
It's from another movie, Baby Driver.

That's it grin grin
Bad drip though..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:15am On Jul 11, 2022
Calibrator:
You can argue with someone about this movie all day and you will both be right cheesy
Word! Cos anyhow you check am. From beginning, from end, from middle, you go still come back the same place
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 11:22am On Jul 11, 2022
Kaycee7:
Word! Cos anyhow you check am. From beginning, from end, from middle, you go still come back the same place

Predestination Paradox Explained – A predestination paradox occurs when a time traveler is caught in a loop of events that “predestines” or “predates” him or her to travel back in time. The paradox suggests that those people who travel back in time would have no way of changing a situation.

https://www.thisisbarry.com/film/predestination-2014-movie-plot-ending-explained/#:~:text=Predestination%20Paradox%20Explained%20%E2%80%93%20A%20predestination,way%20of%20changing%20a%20situation.

It's a bit similar to Marvel's method of time travel.... Going back in time doesn't really alter the future because the past is the future for you(the person traveling), it just branches to a new timeline...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:33am On Jul 11, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Predestination Paradox Explained – A predestination paradox occurs when a time traveler is caught in a loop of events that “predestines” or “predates” him or her to travel back in time. The paradox suggests that those people who travel back in time would have no way of changing a situation.

https://www.thisisbarry.com/film/predestination-2014-movie-plot-ending-explained/#:~:text=Predestination%20Paradox%20Explained%20%E2%80%93%20A%20predestination,way%20of%20changing%20a%20situation.

It's a bit similar to Marvel's method of time travel.... Going back in time doesn't really alter the future because the past is the future for you(the person traveling), it just branches to a new timeline...
The ending isn't even what's fücking my brain. It's the conception of Jane.
For Jane to be conceived, she has to become John who then goes back in time to impregnate her. And without the sex change resulting from the labour, Jane doesn't become John. But if she doesn't become John, Jane is also never conceived. So how was Jane conceived initially and how does she go on to become John and conceive herself in the very first cycle?
This is the chicken and egg situation that's been stressing my brain.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 11:46am On Jul 11, 2022
Kaycee7:
For Jane to be conceived, she has to become John who then goes back in time to impregnate her. And without the sex change resulting from the labour, Jane doesn't become John. But if she doesn't become John, Jane is also never conceived. So how was Jane conceived initially and how does she go on to become John and conceive herself in the very first cycle?
Seems both of you like confusion

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2022
Kaycee7:

It's a real headscratcher.. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:51am On Jul 11, 2022
°°°

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2022
nani667:
°°°
#ReleaseTheWaititiCut
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:58am On Jul 11, 2022
phr0nesis:

Seems both of you like confusion
We go watch film wey people wey smoke Aba weed write. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2022
O Tun Ti Zeh..... grin cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2022
trueking:

there are average popcorn movies and there are good movies...

Just cos you happen to enjoy the shut-off-your-brain-and-enjoy popcorn movies doesn't mean others who want something good are giving bad reviews

E.g someone I know said Red Notice is her best movie when we all know it is absolute trash filled with inconsistencies

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TopeQs: 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2022
IbrahimMav:

I find it funny that you ended up doing exactly what you said others do.
I was expecting you to make an objective post but you ended up making a completely subjective one devoid of any objectivity.
The same Doctor Strange 2 you called "subpar" is an objective success story.
Its word of mouth is B which implies it's a very good movie even if it's not excellent.
It means moviegoers loved it.
It might not have made a billion bucks but it's due to it not getting a Russian and Middle east release.
So as you can see, your tagging it "subpar" is just you being emotional.
Calling it subpar is another way of saying it's shitty, just like that, that's the end.
As for Thor 4, while you're here projecting and claiming that Marvel is losing fans, its current word of mouth is B.
This is good news because it implies it's relatively well received by moviegoers and given time, will do the numbers.
The reality is Marvel is nowhere close to losing fans, if anything, it's gaining.
Many of you here in africa who get their movies on the high seas think your opinions mean shit?
Well they don't.

I already reviewed Dr strange sometime back, hence my "subpar" conclusion. I just didn't jump to that.

Reading this reply also showed you're just being emotional about marvel movies. I'm a big fan of marvel, I've seen all their movies but I don't comment with emotions. The few good things about marvel phase 4 movies are the graphics and sometimes acting, the fight scenes, the plot, the direction and many others things have been below par, considering how marvel's movies were.

As for Thor 4, I've read trusted reviews (not just nairaland garbage) on the plot, the delivery, the acting and the likes, like I said, the acting seems to be the highlight. I'm still seeing it on Wednesday.

Also, I'm not sure any movie goer opinion count on here so calm your nerves. Your opinions do not matter too, that doesn't mean you can't opine on what you want. At the end of the day, it's just a movie, just entertainment, enjoy, argue, laugh and move on, doesn't have to be more than that or send subliminal shots below the belt.

Note: a movie going on to make crazy money doesn't mean it's good just like movie making shitty money doesn't make it bad. I'm sure you know this though but your emotions won't allow you accept that fact.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2022
TopeQs:

I already reviewed Dr strange sometime back, hence my "subpar" conclusion. I just didn't jump to that.

Reading this reply also showed you're just being emotional about marvel movies. I'm a big fan of marvel, I've seen all their movies but I don't comment with emotions. The few good things about marvel phase 4 movies are the graphics and sometimes acting, the fight scenes, the plot, the direction and many others things have been below par, considering how marvel's movies were.

As for Thor 4, I've read trusted reviews (not just nairaland garbage) on the plot, the delivery, the acting and the likes, like I said, the acting seems to be the highlight. I'm still seeing it on Wednesday.

Also, I'm not sure any movie goer opinion count on here so calm your nerves. Your opinions do not matter too, that doesn't mean you can't opine on what you want. At the end of the day, it's just a movie, just entertainment, enjoy, argue, laugh and move on, doesn't have to be more than that or send subliminal shots below the belt.

Note: a movie going on to make crazy money doesn't mean it's good just like movie making shitty money doesn't make it bad. I'm sure you know this though but your emotions won't allow you accept that fact.
Folks be dropping the bolded as if their own emotions dey allow them accept facts wey them no like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
Kaycee7:
We go watch film wey people wey smoke Aba weed write. grin
grin grin
I swear. Them and "everything everywhere all at once" writers de patronize the same supplier.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3136) (3137) (3138) (3139) (3140) (3141) (3142) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.