Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3756008 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3164) (3165) (3166) (3167) (3168) (3169) (3170) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:26am On Jul 26, 2022
Nilon:
Whats your discipline?
Law
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:29am On Jul 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Law
Seriously?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 7:41am On Jul 26, 2022
pu7pl3:

My Kodi stopped working long ago and I don't know what the issue might be.

Mine is still working although I only use it occasionally.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 7:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
mine was also embedded and it was so inaccurate...
I decided to wait some weeks for a better sub

Mine was perfectly synced but the translation was wack.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2022
Is Jurassic World Dominion really that bad as the rating shows?
I need urgent reviews please. I no wan waste precious data.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:42am On Jul 26, 2022
Kaycee7:
Seriously?
yeah
MJBOLT:
Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
almost done with the 3rd one
Nova15:
lmao
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:43am On Jul 26, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Mine was perfectly synced but the translation was wack.
same... translation issues
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 8:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Hustle

Sports-themed movies is a niche I always enjoy watching.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 8:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
lmao

Give your reviews na, if youve seen it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:55am On Jul 26, 2022
Nova15:

I haven't seen it...
And I don't have interest in it...
Moreso after seeing only negative reviews...
No time to waste on such
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:02am On Jul 26, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Mine is still working although I only use it occasionally.

Is it the crew add-on?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NobleStag007: 9:31am On Jul 26, 2022
Nova15:

If you get data to waste.. Download am
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 9:53am On Jul 26, 2022
oyaskii:
The Grayman (2022)

This was an absolute "nothing" movie.

It made absolutely zero sense plot wise and the dialogues were so bad. These Mfs lost thier way so much that they basically didn't know what to do at the end, that they even went as far as using a whole 15 minutes for the credit.

Some good action sequence here and there and that was just about it. So "turning off your brain" to see this might not be enough, you have to actually be in a very good mood too.

A totally forgettable flick added to the large cache that Netflix already has.

Your bias will not let you see front.

That is a top notch movie with great dialogue.

We'll have to turn off our brains to watch it, just as we did to John Wick's antics.

Action is John Wick ish? Maybe even better.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 9:59am On Jul 26, 2022
pu7pl3:

Is it the crew add-on?

The Crew works on and off.
Nowadays I use Nightwing and Scrubs V2 to stream movies and TV shows.
I use Mad Titan for sports.
It's great for streaming NBA live games and UFC fight nights.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 10:08am On Jul 26, 2022
⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 10:09am On Jul 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I haven't seen it...
And I don't have interest in it...
Moreso after seeing only negative reviews...
No time to waste on such

I've seen the horrible ratings but it has a 79% audience score rating. That's why I asked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 10:13am On Jul 26, 2022
Nova15:

I've seen the horrible ratings but it has a 79% audience score rating. That's why I asked
If entertainment is what you seek, it delivers on that department.
But if you want something more profound, you'll be disappointed.
It's a 6/10 experience.
Not great but not terrible either.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 10:20am On Jul 26, 2022
DrDax:

We'll have to turn off our brains to watch it, just as we did to John Wick's antics.

The action is definitely the high point of The Gray Man.
I enjoyed it but John Wick movies are tier above.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2022
IbrahimMav:

The action is definitely the high point of The Gray Man.
I enjoyed it but John Wick movies are tier above.

The film looks like a mid-tier flick.

I'm wondering why the budget is 200 million dollars?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xynerise: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Nova15:

Very terrible
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:17am On Jul 26, 2022
IbrahimMav:

The Crew works on and off.
Nowadays I use Nightwing and Scrubs V2 to stream movies and TV shows.
I use Mad Titan for sports.
It's great for streaming NBA live games and UFC fight nights.

Wish I was close to you so you can help me do these things
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2022
Raalsalghul:

The film looks like a mid-tier flick.

I'm wondering why the budget is 200 million dollars?

Wow! I didn't even know the film cost that much.
It definitely looks mid tier.
Well, some of these so called high budget films are just fronts for money laundering.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
pu7pl3:

Wish I was close to you so you can help me do these things

I will be useless even if I lived near you...lol.
I paid a software engineer to set it up for me.
The procedure involves setting up PVR IPTV SC, IPTV manager, IPTV recorder, repositories, enabling Live TVs, channels, plus multiple driver/server/client installations.
Meehn....it's too much work.
Worth it though.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2022
IbrahimMav:

I will be useless even if I lived near you...lol.
I paid a software engineer to set it up for me.
The procedure involves setting up PVR IPTV SC, IPTV manager, IPTV recorder, repositories, enabling Live TVs, channels, plus multiple driver/server/client installations.
Meehn....it's too much work.
Worth it though.

Looks like I'll have to look for a software engineer around grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ishilove:
Everything Everywhere All at Once:
I decided to rate this movie, even though I had made up my mind not to rate movies. Just watch, enjoy and move the fvck on.

But you see this movie? This one right here? This is black comedy at its finest. Fucxxxxxx!!!

9.5/10 mehn!!!!!! I haven't enjoyed a movie quite so much in a long time. Very funny, touching, thrilling, captivating etc etc

I'm watching it again tomorrow. I hardly ever rewatch movies but this one is 'da bumb' like someone said on Nairaland grin

I kept my head down all the while, waited for the hype to die down, now finally I watched that movie everyone everywhere, all at once been talking about.
Well, great movie, I must say, although it didn't really live up to it's hype especially in some crucial aspects like the technicalities, underlying technology and the rest. But as expected, all our belligerent, hard-to-please, over-sabi critics on Rotten tomatoes suddenly became magnanimous. Immediately switching from their typical impersonal approach to being sentimental in rating this movie almost 100%, perhaps because it is a movie advocating for gay rebellions in a multi gayverse where girls fight with big dildos as long as bet9ja slip, grown men jumping their bare asses on butt plug stamps and women with hotdog fingers romancing with their toes.

I commend the effort and whatever was put in place to bring this great movie to the screens.
The special costumes, all beautiful. The beautiful locations and scenery, the different effects, the superb acting from the actors and actresses, the philosophies and the visual portrayal of the loads of events going on in the mind. All excellent.
Then the clever way, this scientific fiction and the whole movie all was used just to pass across a simple message to parents and the world at large not to constitute a hard burden on other people's choices. This is very impressive and ingenious.
Talking about the creativity behind the movie, the creativity is another universe itself.
It is what I call quality, creative insanity. This is real premium high. It's not a creative insanity you can come by from getting high, after taking loud or Mpuru miri. Nah. That's some real expensive craziness. The writers must have smoked the same thing whoever wrote Kungfu hustle smoked. When it comes to comic childishness, disorderedness, wildness and absurdity, these movies have things in common. Watching them is just like having fever dreams - wild, crazy, disorganized, absurd and very intense.
Talk about stuffs like all the childishness in the movie, pinky of fury, hotdog fingers, talking chasing rocks, the chef puppeteered by cat in his toque pulling his hair and all other crazy stuffs in the movie. Mhen! It's really crazy in there.
And that particular scene, where grandpa told them to find their jumping pads and thereafter they all instantly went into ballistic state of commotion and all acting out strange. Different contradictory actions going on like psychiatric patients in a psychiatric Ward. The chef on apron with ladle in her hand singing Ave Maria, one was gesturing licking the pillar in front of him, others acting strange too. It's really crazy mehn.
But then, can all these be really regarded merely as craz creativity? I think it's more than creativity. It's more like inspiration. But wherever that kind of inspiration came out of, it must have been from whatever crazy, playful, otherworldly realm I'm yet to figure out at the moment.

Out of all those noisy, crazy scenes, one soothing scene against the crazy backdrop is the Waymond scene. Lol. It gave a sane contrast, calmed down the craziness and brought back sanity for some couple of minutes as he started to say, can we.... can we just stop fighting? I know you are all fighting because you're scared and confused. I'm confused too. And then he said please. Be kind, especially when we don't know what's going on.

That his scene was very beautiful and touching, best place I like in the whole movie.
On a light note, though Waymond is one big simp and he showed that when he said I don't know what the heck is going on. But somehow, this feels like it's all my fault. Lol. WTF nigga? I mean why the fck would anyone say something is your fault when you don't even know what's going on in the first place? Who does that by the way.
Overall it's a great point in the movie, all his words, the emotional soundtracks playing in the background, other romantic scenes shown with that scene. I wished the beautiful sanity continued for the rest of the movie until sister Jobu interrupted the whole thing with her mopols and cut the sweet sanity short.
Great great wonderful fvckery of a movie.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ishilove:
Everything Everywhere All at Once:
I decided to rate this movie, even though I had made up my mind not to rate movies. Just watch, enjoy and move the fvck on.

But you see this movie? This one right here? This is black comedy at its finest. Fucxxxxxx!!!

9.5/10 mehn!!!!!! I haven't enjoyed a movie quite so much in a long time. Very funny, touching, thrilling, captivating etc etc

I'm watching it again tomorrow. I hardly ever rewatch movies but this one is 'da bumb' like someone said on Nairaland grin

Like I said initially, the movie didn't really deliver in terms of technicalities and underlying technology. No much detail was given, no much valid explanation to the working of their multi universe. No rules, no proper devices. A lot of gaps and disconnections as regards this.
Then is there really a tangible multi-universe or it's some psycho universe all happening in Evelyn's mind? If it's a psycho universe, is it happening just in Evelyn's mind alone or something beyond that? Lots of questions and contradictions.

The movie is a complex one but the complexity as most people think isn't based on the obscure scientific concept or logic behind the movie, rather it's just complex based on the way the many scenes were intentionally disorganized and confused together with different effects. Nothing more than that.
We can applaud movies like TENET and Inception when it comes to this. These movies have concepts that give headache. They attained their complexity from their concepts and not from crazy, absurd, confusing scenes.
Infact TENET have calm, organized scenes with not many complex effects, yet it still gives so much headache.

I heard the role of the protagonist was initially designed for Jackie Chan. As tributes to him as a legend. Lol. I trust my boy, he dodged a fat bullet right there. Jackie is too upright to be the main character of such properly packaged, disguised reprobacy.

The scene where the tall, bald masochistic fella was gagged and spanked by Evelyn, he went into such loud ecstatic pleasure, saliva was visibly dripping from his mouth. Lol. That was gross AF.
Grown men jumping on butt plugs and other vile stuffs in the movie that shouldn't have been shown in a movie meant for public consumption. Yet these same inappropriate things in the movie gave it the massive hype, high rating and acceptance from the many sexually distorted fellows all over, trying to take their bizarre sexual disorders mainstream and seeking for public approval. In search of a world where people get comfortable and no longer feel shame doing despicable things.

Oyinbos no just wan get sense. Lol. Some things are meant to be private not public, not because they're wrong but because they're just meant to be private. While some other things are just not ethically right either you do them privately or you take them to the public.
But Oyinbos like washing their dirty linens in the public. They have this disorder such that untill all their actions normal or abnormal are given public approval so that they can freely do these things anywhere they want without contrary opinion, until then, they don't feel comfortable doing such things. This culture is spreading to rest of the world like wildfire.

Yeoh too, being flattered, given exaggerated rating as her best acting so far. The whole thing got to her head she had to send to Jackie Chan, your loss bro. Lol
Fck whatever rocket effect it could have had on his career, Jackie dodged the bullet with no remorse. That is very necessary to maintain his good-guy clean sheet. He didn't lose anything, he had already done enough for his career.

I heard James Hong is 92 years, he still looks good, agile and acts so well for his old age. Adorable grandpa.
Poor old man, dye-minutes before his passing away, he allowed this dildoo generation corrupt his clean sheet of moral Chinese culture with so called movie role.

With the way the world is going, presently it's the sexual extremists and reprobates looking for approval, lamenting being persecuted, seeking asylum and survival. There will be a twist of fate in a coming era where things will be the direct opposite. It will be sane people persecuted for their sanity, seeking for survival and not being able to buy or sell.
Already in Africa and elsewhere, bandits are now boasting about their noble mission of spreading their extremism throughout the world. They too are in search of public approval for their insanity.
Peaceful insanity from white reprobates, violent insanity from Africans and Arabs extremists and the rest forms of insanity elsewhere waiting to recolonize the world. One thing is certain and that is, sanity is in jeopardy in our generation. The future brings an era where sane people will keep running in search of asylum, but there isn't going to be a place of asylum anymore, the only fate would be the option to choose whichever is been considered a better evil.
It's evident in the extraordinary hype of the movie and the way Yeoh career shot up to it's all time high, taking her into instant glory for taking part in the inglorious movie, while Jackie Chan seems like the loser.
In the future, the fate of sane people lie solely in the hands of an insane world. Anyway, that is it about that.

Well, all I said so far about the moral standing of the movie is just from a personal perspective, more like thinking out loud. It doesn't affect the way I judge the movie on the overall nor mean I look down on it with such personal sentiment.

Then the movie is also said to be a comedy genre movie, well is it that funny movie? Obviously not. This isn't a personal opinion, it should be same for most people who have watched it.

In the end, great movie, it should get about 70%.
If Tenet gets around 70%, Everything everywhere all at once shouldn't get beyond that as it fails to deliver properly in it's sci-fi aspect and also didn't really perform excellent as a comedy movie.

By the way, Joy isn't bad. Abeg who get her number? Make she show me how her bagel works. I wan follow enter too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2022
pu7pl3:

Looks like I'll have to look for a software engineer around grin

Look for someone who knows their way around softwares
The guy who hacked my PS4 and Swift MIFI, also did my Kodi setup.
Some people are just talented.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 10thDentist: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
Did they forgot?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2022
DrDax:

I have no reason to be bias against it.

It isn't a top notch movie with great dialogue except "great dialogue" has a different meaning.

At bolded, you basically just repeated what i said in my review... Entertainment yes....Plot or any coherent value...No...and the mixed ratings clarifies this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3164) (3165) (3166) (3167) (3168) (3169) (3170) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Nova15 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.