Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3755783 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3165) (3166) (3167) (3168) (3169) (3170) (3171) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2022
abduleez1:

Bros what is the actual history?? grin

The Dahomey Amazon's where actually the bad guys in history they burnt villages ,captured slaves and sold their fellow black man to the Europeans but Hollywood is portraying them as hereos grin angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
mine was also embedded and it was so inaccurate...
I decided to wait some weeks for a better sub
Psa has a clear copy with proper sub for part 1 and 2.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Wow! I didn't even know the film cost that much.
It definitely looks mid tier.
Well, some of these so called high budget films are just fronts for money laundering.

You are absolutely right.

Hollywood is a big money laundering machine.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
oyaskii:
Psa has a clear copy with proper sub for part 1 and 2.
what's PSA?
Is it possible to get the subs alone?
I have the movie in good quality, subs are the problem
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2022
Nova15:

I've seen the horrible ratings but it has a 79% audience score rating. That's why I asked
it's just 2 hours...
So you can spare time to watch it...
You may love it even if others hate it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2022
Raalsalghul:

The film looks like a mid-tier flick.

I'm wondering why the budget is 200 million dollars?
the action is definitely top tier in The Grey Man...most people agree on this

The issues many of us have identified is mostly dialogue...they are terrible imo...
The dialogue felt so out of place for a spy thriller
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
10thDentist:
Did they forgot?
continuity issues?
Or timeline issues?

Are we sure the timeline has been advancing, or the movies occured before Eternals?

If these two movies actually took place before Eternals then it's just a timeline thing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2022
8 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Look for someone who knows their way around softwares
The guy who hacked my PS4 and Swift MIFI, also did my Kodi setup.
Some people are just talented.

Thanks, I'll try and find 1

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2022
Superman Returns - 6/10

Man.of Steel - 7/10

I like how Zack Snyder was able to portray superman first as an alien and unaccepted by the human race which made the movie very relatable, and not as some awesome, amazing hero portrayed by the previous movies from the get go.
The random nonlinear flashbacks in the beginning of the movie was unnecessary and was a major turnoff, I don't know if he was trying to adapt "the dark Knight" concept.

Generally, i find it very ridiculously that superman hides his identity by just wearing glasses, just doesn't make any sense. I think the character should be reinvented. Maybe he should wear a mask or something.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
it's just 2 hours...
So you can spare time to watch it...
You may love it even if others hate it

I'll pass... I've already downloaded another movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
oyaskii:
I have no reason to be bias against it.

It isn't a top notch movie with great dialogue except "great dialogue" has a different meaning.

At bolded, you basically just repeated what i said in my review... Entertainment yes....Plot or any coherent value...No...and the mixed ratings clarifies this.
Witty exchanges between the characters. Lloyd. Sosa's eccentric and awkward stalling. Lloyd.
The cheeky teenage girl. Did I mention Lloyd?

What exactly was wrong with the dialogue?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2022
Kaycee7:
Witty exchanges between the characters. Lloyd. Sosa's eccentric and awkward stalling. Lloyd.

The movie had a clear identity crisis...it plays like a serious spy movie but the dialogues were weirdly structured, whimsical and simply off putting.

It was billed as an "Action thriller" on a budget of $200m.... forgive me for expecting better tbh.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
what's PSA?
Is it possible to get the subs alone?
I have the movie in good quality, subs are the problem
It's possible to get the subs alone...just google.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2022
oyaskii:
The movie had a clear identity crisis...it plays like a serious spy movie but the dialogues were weirdly structured, whimsical and simply off putting.

It was billed as an "Action thriller" on a budget of $200m.... forgive me for expecting better tbh.
The movie features a spy assassin with a heart of gold and it lets you know this in the first 10 minutes of the film. How it plays like a "serious spy movie" to you is beyond my understanding. The tropes were pretty clear and recognizable. You could predict the plot just about 5 minutes into the movie. And the dialogue matches the tone, establishes the character and even keys the viewer into what's coming in certain scenes.

You've got 2 A-listers, a top-tier B-lister in Ana de Armas, a veteran Billy Bob Thornton and the Russo Bros of MCU fame directing, it's not hard to figure where most of the $200m went.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
You really have a lot of spare time on your hands sha.

They want Interstellar and Predestination vibes in a pop corn action thriller cheesy
Kaycee7:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
Kaycee7:
The movie features a spy assassin with a heart of gold and it lets you know this in the first 10 minutes of the film. How it plays like a "serious spy movie" to you is beyond my understanding. The tropes were pretty clear and recognizable. You could predict the plot just about 5 minutes into the movie. And the dialogue matches the tone, establishes the character and even keys the viewer into what's coming in certain scenes.

You've got 2 A-listers, a top-tier B-lister in Ana de Armas, a veteran Billy Bob Thornton and the Russo Bros of MCU fame directing, it's not hard to figure where most of the $200m went.
The plot is cliched and this wasn't a good version. It was when the Chris Evans/Lloyd arch started, that i stopped taking it serious, Up till then, it gave off as a "serious spy movie". The screenplay was bad and everything basically fell out of place from there. I could go on and on but you have your heart set that you got what you expected from the movie...but for me...No.

Simply in your opinion, all things considered, was it good movie? did it tick all the boxes?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2022
oyaskii:
The plot is cliched and this wasn't a good version. It was when the Chris Evans/Lloyd arch started, that i stopped taking it serious, Up till then, it gave off as a "serious spy movie". The screenplay was bad and everything basically fell out of place from there. I could go on and on but you have your heart set that you got what you expected from the movie...but for me...No.

Simply in your opinion, all things considered, was it good movie? did it tick all the boxes?
It was definitely a good movie.

What boxes are we ticking?
Plot was definitely cliché asf.
Characters were mostly tropey. The only one who did anything surprising was Fitzroy. You could still see his betrayal coming though.
Action scenes served.
Pace was kept fast enough you to stop you from thinking about anything too much.
It was a fun experience, all things considered.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
10thDentist:
Did they forgot?
No, they did not forgot
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
AudioMonkey:

Like I said initially, the movie didn't really deliver in terms of technicalities and underlying technology. No much detail was given, no much valid explanation to the working of their multi universe. No rules, no proper devices. A lot of gaps and disconnections as regards this.
Then is there really a tangible multi-universe or it's some psycho universe all happening in Evelyn's mind? If it's a psycho universe, is it happening just in Evelyn's mind alone or something beyond that? Lots of questions and contradictions.

The movie is a complex one but the complexity as most people think isn't based on the obscure scientific concept or logic behind the movie, rather it's just complex based on the way the many scenes were intentionally disorganized and confused together with different effects. Nothing more than that.
We can applaud movies like TENET and Inception when it comes to this. These movies have concepts that give headache. They attained their complexity from their concepts and not from crazy, absurd, confusing scenes.
Infact TENET have calm, organized scenes with not many complex effects, yet it still gives so much headache.

I heard the role of the protagonist was initially designed for Jackie Chan. As tributes to him as a legend. Lol. I trust my boy, he dodged a fat bullet right there. Jackie is too upright to be the main character of such properly packaged, disguised reprobacy.

The scene where the tall, bald masochistic fella was gagged and spanked by Evelyn, he went into such loud ecstatic pleasure, saliva was visibly dripping from his mouth. Lol. That was gross AF.
Grown men jumping on butt plugs and other vile stuffs in the movie that shouldn't have been shown in a movie meant for public consumption. Yet these same inappropriate things in the movie gave it the massive hype, high rating and acceptance from the many sexually distorted fellows all over, trying to take their bizarre sexual disorders mainstream and seeking for public approval. In search of a world where people get comfortable and no longer feel shame doing despicable things.

Oyinbos no just wan get sense. Lol. Some things are meant to be private not public, not because they're wrong but because they're just meant to be private. While some other things are just not ethically right either you do them privately or you take them to the public.
But Oyinbos like washing their dirty linens in the public. They have this disorder such that untill all their actions normal or abnormal are given public approval so that they can freely do these things anywhere they want without contrary opinion, until then, they don't feel comfortable doing such things. This culture is spreading to rest of the world like wildfire.

Yeoh too, being flattered, given exaggerated rating as her best acting so far. The whole thing got to her head she had to send to Jackie Chan, your loss bro. Lol
Fck whatever rocket effect it could have had on his career, Jackie dodged the bullet with no remorse. That is very necessary to maintain his good-guy clean sheet. He didn't lose anything, he had already done enough for his career.

I heard James Hong is 92 years, he still looks good, agile and acts so well for his old age. Adorable grandpa.
Poor old man, dye-minutes before his passing away, he allowed this dildoo generation corrupt his clean sheet of moral Chinese culture with so called movie role.

With the way the world is going, presently it's the sexual extremists and reprobates looking for approval, lamenting being persecuted, seeking asylum and survival. There will be a twist of fate in a coming era where things will be the direct opposite. It will be sane people persecuted for their sanity, seeking for survival and not being able to buy or sell.
Already in Africa and elsewhere, bandits are now boasting about their noble mission of spreading their extremism throughout the world. They too are in search of public approval for their insanity.
Peaceful insanity from white reprobates, violent insanity from Africans and Arabs extremists and the rest forms of insanity elsewhere waiting to recolonize the world. One thing is certain and that is, sanity is in jeopardy in our generation. The future brings an era where sane people will keep running in search of asylum, but there isn't going to be a place of asylum anymore, the only fate would be the option to choose whichever is been considered a better evil.
It's evident in the extraordinary hype of the movie and the way Yeoh career shot up to it's all time high, taking her into instant glory for taking part in the inglorious movie, while Jackie Chan seems like the loser.
In the future, the fate of sane people lie solely in the hands of an insane world. Anyway, that is it about that.

Well, all I said so far about the moral standing of the movie is just from a personal perspective, more like thinking out loud. It doesn't affect the way I judge the movie on the overall nor mean I look down on it with such personal sentiment.

Then the movie is also said to be a comedy genre movie, well is it that funny movie? Obviously not. This isn't a personal opinion, it should be same for most people who have watched it.

In the end, great movie, it should get about 70%.
If Tenet gets around 70%, Everything everywhere all at once shouldn't get beyond that as it fails to deliver properly in it's sci-fi aspect and also didn't really perform excellent as a comedy movie.

By the way, Joy isn't bad. Abeg who get her number? Make she show me how her bagel works. I wan follow enter too.
You

Really

Need

A

Chill

Pill

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2022
The Witch Part 1: Subversion.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jirilistic(m): 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
I agree with you
The eye glass disguise is just ridiculous cus he goes about parading everywhere in the superman costume so how can people not recognize him
Well if he is fast enough to do his stuffs I don't think people will easily recognize him. Smallville was able to tackle this by making Clark use speed while doing his super stuffs and in that way he'll be hardly recognized and not many people actually knew him. But this dceu superman man is known my very many people. The one that vex me pass was when he appeared in a large court room full of people in batman vs Superman
Nova15:
Superman Returns - 6/10

Man.of Steel - 7/10

I like how Zack Snyder was able to portray superman first as an alien and unaccepted by the human race which made the movie very relatable, and not as some awesome, amazing hero portrayed by the previous movies from the get go.
The random nonlinear flashbacks in the beginning of the movie was unnecessary and was a major turnoff, I don't know if he was trying to adapt "the dark Knight" concept.

Generally, i find it very ridiculously that superman hides his identity by just wearing glasses, just doesn't make any sense. I think the character should be reinvented. Maybe he should wear a mask or something.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2022
blingxx:

The Dahomey Amazon's where actually the bad guys in history they burnt villages ,captured slaves and sold their fellow black man to the Europeans but Hollywood is portraying them as hereos grin angry
What! Do you have proof?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2022
Mecka:
What! Do you have proof?

Google is your friend bruh

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2022
Raalsalghul:

You are absolutely right.

Hollywood is a big money laundering machine.
In essence, you are saying the figures are padded with stolen funds.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
the action is definitely top tier in The Grey Man...most people agree on this

The issues many of us have identified is mostly dialogue...they are terrible imo...
The dialogue felt so out of place for a spy thriller
When critics say they don't like the screenplay, are they referring to the dialogue?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
Nova15:
Superman Returns - 6/10

Man.of Steel - 7/10

I've always wondered, how does superman change into his suit so swiftly without anybody noticing?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
Kaycee7:

Guru

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2022
Calibrator:
You really have a lot of spare time on your hands sha.

They want Interstellar and Predestination vibes in a pop corn action thriller cheesy
what do you read?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2022
Nova15:
Superman Returns - 6/10

Man.of Steel - 7/10

Oh hell nah

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
AudioMonkey:

I kept my head down all the while, waited for the hype to die down, now finally I watched that movie everyone everywhere, all at once been talking about.
Well, great movie, I must say, although it didn't really live up to it's hype especially in some crucial aspects like the technicalities, underlying technology and the rest. But as expected, all our belligerent, hard-to-please, over-sabi critics on Rotten tomatoes suddenly became magnanimous. Immediately switching from their typical impersonal approach to being sentimental in rating this movie almost 100%, perhaps because it is a movie advocating for gay rebellions in a multi gayverse where girls fight with big dildos as long as bet9ja slip, grown men jumping their bare asses on butt plug stamps and women with hotdog fingers romancing with their toes.

I commend the effort and whatever was put in place to bring this ecial co
You parrot too much. Have some banana

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2022
Mecka:
When critics say they don't like the screenplay, are they referring to the dialogue?
dialogue is the words used, the conversations in the movie...
They aren't well written for a spy movie...

Example of great dialogue is in a series is Terminal List...

(1) (2) (3) ... (3165) (3166) (3167) (3168) (3169) (3170) (3171) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.