Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3741827 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3231) (3232) (3233) (3234) (3235) (3236) (3237) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
MJBOLT:
Enola Holmes
In preparation for the part 2?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2022
9 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2022
I'm watching it for the first time

Kaycee7:
In preparation for the part 2?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2022
The run the Horror genre has been this year has been nothing short of Golden ngl... shocked

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2022
oyaskii:
The run the Horror genre has been this year has been nothing short of Golden ngl... shocked

Quite true. Horror has been on a winning streak through out the year. Both critical and box office success.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2022
Frostyzone:

So who's the asshole? Could be Pete but the last line in the film got me thinking that maybe it's all an elaborate scheme cooked up to make him think he's being paranoid.
Pete is the asshole, hence the title of the movie. His friends are also assholes, though, but he is the bigger asshole.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2022
Kaycee7:
Na why you suppose dey chop before checking Nairaland grin
grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:45pm On Sep 25, 2022
Frostyzone:
Speak No Evil (2022)

People respond different ways to immediate threat... fight, flight and freeze. How you respond determines your chance of survival.

8/10
Next on my watchlist
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2022
Ishilove:

Pete is the asshole, hence the title of the movie. His friends are also assholes, though, but he is the bigger asshole.

I think it's all a prank. When Pete's girlfriend said the problem with him is that he can't take a joke, that singular statement explained quite a few things. In a way, it's a plot twist. They pulled a practical joke on him, but it went on too long and even got out of hand.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2022
Frostyzone:

I think it's all a prank. When Pete's girlfriend said the problem with him is that he can't take a joke, that singular statement explained quite a few things. In a way, it's a plot twist. They pulled a practical joke on him, but it went on too long and even got out of hand.
One of the things I love about this movie is it is open to varied subjective interpretations. I don't think it is a prank. I think Pete is paranoid and suffers social anxiety.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
Frostyzone:
All My Friends Hate Me (2022)

A hard watch but in a good way. A social horror. Different. Original.

8/10
Yes, it's a hard watch especially when you watch it without a subtitle. Their accent is quite hard to keep up with, but despite that I enjoyed it because I could relate to the movie. I found myself doing a self examination. "Ishi are you an asshole to your friends? When you are all together how do you act? Are you critical? Are you nice? Are you aloof? Do you even still have close friends considering how you've pushed everyone away?"

The movie is different, quite different from what I'm used to because it is so relatable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2022
I always predicted this as a billion dollar contender for this year. Finally we have another Billie group asides Top Gun this year.

I almost died when I saw "The Velocipastor". grin grin lmao...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by limcar: 11:22pm On Sep 25, 2022
Ishilove:

Yes, it's a hard watch especially when you watch it without a subtitle. Their accent is quite hard to keep up with, but despite that I enjoyed it because I could relate to the movie. I found myself doing a self examination. "Ishi are you an asshole to your friends? When you are all together how do you act? Are you critical? Are you nice? Are you aloof? Do you even still have close friends considering how you've pushed everyone away?"

The movie is different, quite different from what I'm used to because it is so relatable.
Help! I'm watching Snakes on the plane and i saw snakes bit sb's breast. How do i erase this from my memory? I understand you are an horror freak.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 7:44am On Sep 26, 2022
House Of The Dragon E06 = 9.5/10 ✔️

Wow just wow. The new characters are killing it.

Once, King Viserys was looking for a male heir, now he has it in excess. So many princes everywhere. Be careful what you wish for. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BeanmanX(m): 9:17am On Sep 26, 2022
abduleez1:
I always predicted this as a billion dollar contender for this year. Finally we have another Billie group asides Top Gun this year.

Is it out on bluray?...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:17am On Sep 26, 2022
abduleez1:

So this trash can make a Billy but Black Adam can't?
Make it make sense cos the explanation Forbes gave isn't cutting it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2022
BeanmanX:
Is it out on bluray?...
I don't think so.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
pu7pl3:

So this trash can make a Billy but Black Adam can't?
Make it make sense cos the explanation Forbes gave isn't cutting it.

Lol, which explanation Forbes gave?
You know the last 3 Jurassic movies grossed at least a billion dollar worldwide. It's hard to beat against that franchise.

BA hitting a Billie is somewhat a tall order. Don't know man. It has the potential but it's a fresh sub-franchise.
At most probably match The Batman's gross.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:06pm On Sep 26, 2022
Now available for download

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by HajiaNotu: 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
Jazzman Blues 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 8:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 26, 2022
Bullet Train - 1/10

Nonsensical stupid movie without any iota of sense. I should have stuck with downloading the old classic Hollywood movies from 1995 to 2015.

I downloaded this stupid movie because of Brad Pitt but I won’t make that silly mistake again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:35pm On Sep 26, 2022
Zoharariel:
Bullet Train - 1/10

Nonsensical stupid movie without any iota of sense. I should have stuck with downloading the old classic Hollywood movies from 1995 to 2015.

I downloaded this stupid movie because of Brad Pitt but I won’t make that silly mistake again.

Lol, bros wetin happen. grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hopefulLandlord: 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2022
Zoharariel:
Bullet Train - 1/10

I'd still watch it for Joey King and Zazee Beetz
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
Zoharariel:
Bullet Train - 1/10

The ratings online seems okay, above average so I wonder why the low rating...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
Free State of Jones (2016)......9/10

A very solid movie and tale of how Blacks have been struggling for freedom for a very long time in America. After years of fighting in the American Civil War and eventually winning the war for "Freedom", few months later the Black man hopes was dashed as another form of slavery was invented by the White Man with their racist segregation laws. Another fight for freedom starts allover again.
It's a gripping story of how a white man Newton Knight fought for and alongside "Niqqers" for the emancipation of Black people in his state (Mississippi). Alabama and that Mississippi high rate of racial intolerance na world class.

Matthew McConaughey acted his socks off — brilliant performance. Mahershala Ali also gave a standing ovation worthy performance. The remaining cast also delivered. Great historical information.

Just perfectly shows how a Black man is almost never free even up till this day. Supremacist White people will always find a way to continue oppression; seen in today's world with how they continue systemic hate and starts crying and screaming blue murder when Blacks gets prominent roles not envisioned in the old days. The w@nkers easily forget how they cast white men for Black roles and paint them black; same was applied for POC Asians.

Now I see the reason why the movie was given very poor ratings on Americuh's review sites — Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic, IMDb etc. They always hate movies that mirrors their true self and past history.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2022
Minions: The Rise of Gru.....7.5/10

Very enjoyable and entertaining movie. Great voice acting and hilarious moments from the minions. grin

Spirited Away.....8.5/10

Beautiful movie with deep message from the GOATED Studio Ghibli. I was skeptical at first but it gave a masterful craft and an auteur feel. Very interesting and complex characters.

Green Lantern: Beware My Power......6/10

Would have been a very solid project only to be married by the ending and making Hal mastermind villain.
Still decent watch and action but could have been better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:22am On Sep 27, 2022
The Chronicles Of Riddick
Dredd
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:42am On Sep 27, 2022
MJBOLT:
The Chronicles Of Riddick
Dredd
Ah yes I remember I still have The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury. Lemme watch it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Originality007: 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
The Invitation 2/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2022
abduleez1:
Minions: The Rise of Gru.....7.5/10

Very enjoyable and entertaining movie. Great voice acting and hilarious moments from the minions. grin

Spirited Away.....8.5/10

Beautiful movie with deep message from the GOATED Studio Mappa. I was skeptical at first but it gave a masterful craft and an auteur feel. Very interesting and complex characters.

Green Lantern: Beware My Power......6/10

Would have been a very solid project only to be married by the ending and making Hal mastermind villain.
Still decent watch and action but could have been better.
Ghibli did Spirited Away, though, not Mappa. Be like Jujutsu Kaisen 0 still dey your head grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by EniyanNla: 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I honestly don't understand with Wit studio...
But they just spend a lot of time on their projects...
Also I noticed that they've been animating a lot of Netflix funded projects of late...

Right now, Mappa for me is the best anime studio...they've been dishing out quality consistently

And for Staff, I heard Mappa only have 300 staff and yet they working on so many projects...I'm guessing Mappa is bigger than Wit...
So the work load on Wit is quite much
I watched the trailer of chainsaw man and I was wowed

(1) (2) (3) ... (3231) (3232) (3233) (3234) (3235) (3236) (3237) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.