Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3773563 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) (3270) (3271) (3272) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by EniyanNla: 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2022
Black adam 6/10, so much CGI, little plot.
Dr fates host died, trying to prevent hawkmans death.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2022
abduleez1:

I saw this yesterday on Twitter but I'm not sure if its actually a critic review cos the published article wasn't shown or the source named.

It's an actual critic review

Indiewire is the source.

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/10/black-adam-movie-review-1234773729/amp/
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:14pm On Oct 21, 2022
Who ever wrote that review has clearly not seen warcraft (either the video game or the movie) because the way magic is portrayed in marvel's Dr Strange was stolen from them. I'm not talking about the FEL, the FEL is evil magic, if your thirst for power becomes insatiable to the extent that you are willing to do anything for power then you will begin to draw power from the life force of others and be able to do shit that is way powerful.

That's level 2, in level 1 you cast spells by conjuring power disks and muttering spells the same way they do in Dr strange movie but the difference is that they mutter spells and Dr Strange doesn't. Also, the color filter in their magic is blue while Dr Strange's is yellowish golden. They both use it to fight, shield attacks and open portals. Now marvel wankers want to leave reviews saying Dr fate copied their work. Give me a fucking break. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from the game.

I think warcraft video game isn't that popular that's why no one has come out to expose them.

Cc: BlackManta

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2022
BlackManta:
It's okay for a movie critic to be a hardcore Marvel fan, most of them are anyway, so I understand.

What I don't understand is...not nipping your Marvel bias in the bud when reviewing a DC film.

The worst thing about critics calling Doctor Fate a discount Doctor Strange, or Cyclone a copy of Storm is that we all know damn well that when Namor releases next month nobody will call him a copy of Aquaman.

These people should try to hide their MCU bias at least, not pour it all over a review.

Una dey help them spread am angry
Only thing that can hurt my 1.7bn is bad word of mouth.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:26pm On Oct 21, 2022
The school of good and evil...I went in with high expectations after seeing the trailer but
Oh well...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by samistry(m): 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2022
Who asked you? Chief mastubator
EniyanNla:
Black adam 6/10, so much CGI, little plot.
Dr fates host died, trying to prevent hawkmans death.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
not really...popcorn movies are very forgettable...
They have no depth or anything worth remembering...
I enjoy them while watching but 5 mins after if you ask me the plot...I won't remember

I don't know much about the Black Adam character since I don't read the comics...but I know The Rock can only act the same character every movie
And has he killed every "said same character" roles or not? are they enjoyable and worthwhile flicks or not? are they relatively successful flicks or not?. If i deep it, some actors do this too and i don't hear peep. Ryan Reynolds is basically the same character in every role, like an extended version of his true self and yet people want to see his next movie. I don't know how deep your movie knowledge is, but there use to be this American Japanese actor called Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, he acted as a villain (or what 80's or 90's kid use to call "Bose) and every Hollywood film maker was always casting him in that same role. My eyes will literally lit up in excitement picking a VCR from the video club back then and seeing this guy as the Villain..He was that good in that same character.

Point Being....Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson knows what works for him and he sticks to it and kills it every time. I probably wouldn't want to see a "Rom com/Drama starring The Rock but if a 5000 year old G is been resurrected and blessed with God like powers and smashing skulls...i very much like that guy to be The Rock!. Versatility isn't for everyone and it doesn't make that person a bad actor.

Finally...Acting ain't even The Rock's first love, so probably give him a break.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2022
pu7pl3:
The school of good and evil...I went in with high expectations after seeing the trailer but
Oh well...
how could you do such a mistake G? cheesy grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
oyaskii:
how could you do such a mistake G? cheesy grin

My love for Charlize Theron blud

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
The school for good and evil.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2022
The School for Good and Evil.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2022
Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons |2022

8.8 / 10

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
pu7pl3:
Oh well...
Thanks for taking the bullet for us, chief.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
pu7pl3:
Oh well...

The ratings were uninspiring, and seeing that it was more a female themed movie, I avoided it. I'm glad I didn't waste my MB downloading it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
Beorn:

The ratings were uninspiring, and seeing that it was more a female themed movie, I avoided it. I'm glad I didn't waste my MB downloading it.

When you're watching a movie that you're easily distracted yells you ain't feeling it.

I agree it's more female themed. So bored I just want it to end. Over an hr of watching now and I'm still 30 minuted in. I keep losing focus on the movie and rewinding it

I'll switch to better call Saul soon enough.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
Kaycee7:

You're welcome comrade cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
Beorn:

I streamed it and I didn't enjoy it one bit...every character was annoying and ob obnoxious.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2022
oyaskii:
And has he killed every "said same character" roles or not? are they enjoyable and worthwhile flicks or not? are they relatively successful flicks or not?. If i deep it, some actors do this too and i don't hear peep. Ryan Reynolds is basically the same character in every role, like an extended version of his true self and yet people want to see his next movie. I don't know how deep your movie knowledge is, but there use to be this American Japanese actor called Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, he acted as a villain (or what 80's or 90's kid use to call "Bose) and every Hollywood film maker was always casting him in that same role. My eyes will literally lit up in excitement picking a VCR from the video club back then and seeing this guy as the Villain..He was that good in that same character.

Point Being....Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson knows what works for him and he sticks to it and kills it every time. I probably wouldn't want to see a "Rom com/Drama starring The Rock but if a 5000 year old G is been resurrected and blessed with God like powers and smashing skulls...i very much like that guy to be The Rock!. Versatility isn't for everyone and it doesn't make that person a bad actor.

Finally...Acting ain't even The Rock's first love, so probably give him a break.
all these stories...
Did I diss him?
It's the kind of movie he acts and he's a good actor...I've said that here many times
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:35pm On Oct 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
all these stories...
Did I diss him?
It's the kind of movie he acts and he's a good actor...I've said that here many times
Not necessary a dig at you, just wanted to clear up some misconceptions about "The Rock" been typecast...cheers.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:35pm On Oct 21, 2022
nani667:
Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons |2022

8.8 / 10
from the images...the CGI looks terrible especially for a movie...
And no one complains...
If na anime now...fans will open 1000 threads to analyse every single frame and movement to complain...

Anime fanbase is crazy...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 11:46pm On Oct 21, 2022
Meanwhile marvel is still giving us glimpses. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cCrp8gDsVA
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 12:39am On Oct 22, 2022
oyaskii:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 1:32am On Oct 22, 2022
pu7pl3:
Oh well...

+1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:11am On Oct 22, 2022
Kaycee7:

He's a war hero. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:12am On Oct 22, 2022
pu7pl3:
Oh well...

Lol, Omo thank God say I no jump. grin

Charlize Theron almost made me watch the movie bit the teenage cast wey I dey see dey gimme serious doubts. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by limcar: 7:48am On Oct 22, 2022
Kaycee7:
You are fond of speaking in parables. This is jet age. Not the biblical synoptic age where you teleported from.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:51am On Oct 22, 2022
BlackManta:

It's an actual critic review

Indiewire is the source.

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/10/black-adam-movie-review-1234773729/amp/

Damn...with this type of reviews it's clear this ain't professional. If anything it's another agenda cos this vitriol seems like something you'd expect in a political campaign.

It's like this people just ganged up together to hate on the movie cos of Dwayne Johnson. This is an opportunity to hate on the guy. grin

My own is word of mouth. Once that's secured this wankers can go cry themselves to sleep.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hope2014(m): 7:58am On Oct 22, 2022
Please Urgent. List of monsters movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by limcar: 8:02am On Oct 22, 2022
armadeo:

When you're watching a movie that you're easily distracted yells you ain't feeling it.

I agree it's more female themed. So bored I just want it to end. Over an hr of watching now and I'm still 30 minuted in. I keep losing focus on the movie and rewinding it

I'll switch to better call Saul soon enough.
see herd mentality in full display. You three above starting with kaycee7 and beorn are fùcking zeroes. No brain activity. You've allowed Pu7pl3 infect you with the T virus. Dont come near me or i blow your brains like Jade. I'm fùcking strapped like billie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hope2014(m): 8:09am On Oct 22, 2022
please Urgent. list of MOnsters movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by limcar: 8:24am On Oct 22, 2022
Hope2014:
please Urgent. list of MOnsters movies
Godzilla: King of Monsters

Get ready to see the clash of the titans. (roars and howls)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:35am On Oct 22, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, Omo thank God say I no jump. grin

Charlize Theron almost made me watch the movie bit the teenage cast wey I dey see dey gimme serious doubts. grin

There was a scene that completely made me do the Mourinho meme reaction...
A grown man seducing and kissing that teenage lead, I didn't appreciate it at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) (3270) (3271) (3272) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.