Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3755258 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3275) (3276) (3277) (3278) (3279) (3280) (3281) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2022
Drishyam (2015):

Slow start, but when the action begins, there is no stopping. The ending had me shouting "fuccccck!!" shocked shocked This movie is the true definition of 'thriller'.

Thanks ikillbrokehoes grin

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aflix(m): 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
Octopusssy:
Drishyam (2015):

Slow start, but when the action begins, there is no stopping. The ending had me shouting "fuccccck!!" shocked shocked This movie is the true definition of 'thriller'.

Please, which website did you download from?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
Nollywood will not cease to amaze me. Can you imagine? Ghost appears on TV. And this is not the first time. I've seen where witch appeared to a woman on screen. This one happened in yoruba film. Lol uncontrollably.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 4:04pm On Oct 28, 2022
Octopusssy:
Drishyam (2015):

Jizz! I feel hørny right now. And how come i've never came across this film?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2022
Aflix:
Please, which website did you download from?
YTS.MX
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 4:06pm On Oct 28, 2022
Nilon:
Jizz! I feel hørny right now. And how come i've never came across this film?
It's a Hindi language movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Folahanmi19(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
All quiet on the western front out today
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Frostyzone(m): 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
Barbarian

My word, what in the Vermithor did I just watch?! shocked shocked

This film's has got everything. It's scary, it's crazy, it's hilarious, it's fvcked up, it's unpredictable. It's hands down the best horror i've seen this year. No contest.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2022
Let The Right One In......8.5/10

Great Scandinavian vampire horror movie. More grounded in realism than the Hollywood fantasy elements we used to.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2022
Purple....You said 1.7 for Black Adam...

I don't think it will get 650...It's legs are looking wonky....

BP might bury it...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2022
Frostyzone:
Barbarian

My word, what in the Vermithor did I just watch?! shocked shocked

This film's has got everything. It's scary, it's crazy, it's hilarious, it's fvcked up, it's unpredictable. It's hands down the best horror i've seen this year. No contest.

As you hype this thing e no come true, wetin make we do you like dis?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2022
AnfieldFan:

BP might bury it...

Legs still decent. It's this weekend performance that you'd really tell how it's going to be like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2022
abduleez1:
Let The Right One In......8.5/10

Great Scandinavian vampire horror movie. More grounded in realism than the Hollywood fantasy elements we used to.
As soon as I saw the film title, something else came to my mind, grin then I remembered another film title, Let Me In. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2022
ShaqFu:
As soon as I saw the film title, something else came to my mind, grin then I remembered another film title, Let Me In. grin grin

Talk wetin true true dey your mind. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2022
abduleez1:

Legs still decent. It's this weekend performance that you'd really tell how it's going to be like.

After its opening weekend, Black Adam was at 94% of Eternals. But by this point, BA is now at 91% of Eternals. Which means so far, Black Adam is tracking worse than Eternals.

It was tracking at 74% of Venom 2, and is now at 76% of Venom 2. So it is holding slightly better than Venom 2, so far.

But in either case, it is tracking very close with two post-pandemic films whose legs were 2.31x and 2.37x. None of this on its own bodes well for Black Adam's legs, but it's going to get real ugly when Wakanda Forever drops.

Copied....

On another note, It needs China's heavy lifting...

Generally, high budget Blockbuster's like this need 2.6/7* multipliers, OS heavy lifting becomes very necessary...

We can wait for this Weekend though...

I don't think it will go over 650WW..

I'm seeing suggestions of a high 50's% drop this weekend..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 6:42pm On Oct 28, 2022
abduleez1:

Talk wetin true true dey your mind. grin
You no need Sabi read mind before you know Wetin dey my mind. Lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2022
AnfieldFan:

After its opening weekend, Black Adam was at 94% of Eternals. But by this point, BA is now at 91% of Eternals. Which means so far, Black Adam is tracking worse than Eternals.

It was tracking at 74% of Venom 2, and is now at 76% of Venom 2. So it is holding slightly better than Venom 2, so far.

But in either case, it is tracking very close with two post-pandemic films whose legs were 2.31x and 2.37x. None of this on its own bodes well for Black Adam's legs, but it's going to get real ugly when Wakanda Forever drops.

Copied....

On another note, It needs China's heavy lifting...

Generally, high budget Blockbuster's like this need 2.6/7* multipliers, OS heavy lifting becomes very necessary...

We can wait for this Weekend though...

I don't think it will go over 650WW..

I'm seeing suggestions of a high 50's% drop this weekend..

That Eternals and Venom comparisons is somewhat inaccurate or misleading. The way it's put one would think Black Adam scored domestic debut 94% more than Eternals. It's maliciously misleading as Eternals bowed with $70mn domestic while Black Adam was $67mn opening weekend. Eternals had $165mn worldwide debut while BA was at $140mn.

As I said, wait till 2nd weekend before you can judge. Over 50% drop in weekend two is normal for CBMs, when it drops over 65% that's when you start to worry. From all indications it's doing well presently.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
I don't understand why there are so many horror movies online angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
abduleez1:

That Eternals and Venom comparisons is somewhat inaccurate or misleading. The way it's put one would think Black Adam scored domestic debut 94% more than Eternals. It's maliciously misleading as Eternals bowed with $70mn domestic while Black Adam was $67mn opening weekend. Eternals had $165mn worldwide debut while BA was at $140mn.

As I said, wait till 2nd weekend before you can judge. Over 50% drop in weekend two is normal for CBMs, when it drops over 65% that's when you start to worry. From all indications it's doing well presently.

If it falls to Eternals' 2.31x that's $154,779,986

If it's Venom's 2.37x that's $158,800,245

Let's say it even holds better than Venom 2's legs at 2.4 that still barely breaks the $160M mark at $160,810,375

Considering the suggested 2.7x multiplier for blockbuster movies needing OS heavy lifting to breakeven on its budget, this movie needs $380M from OS markets including China to get past $540M WW..
Copied...

The point of the post was to highlight it tracking very close with two post-pandemic films whose legs were 2.31x and 2.37x... Ergo, my post about it's legs looking wonky...

Also, it's obvious to any one who knows about B.O numbers or interested in those sort of things that the post was strictly referring to the tracking of B.A in comparison to Eternals and Venom post opening, I don't think it was misleading at all...

I'm not judging it, this is me saying Purple's 1 billion + total doesn't look possible...Or even your prediction of 700m I think...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2022
Octopusssy:

It's been a good year for decent horror movies with low budgets....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
On a side note Abduleez1, do you think B.A will still make 700m?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lkillbrokehoes: 7:36pm On Oct 28, 2022
Octopusssy:
Drishyam (2015):

Thanks ikillbro..kehoes grin
You are welcome. don't forget to watch the sequel next month when it's out.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2022
Octopusssy:

1. Halloween.

2. Resurgence of the genre

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2022
Octopusssy:
Drishyam (2015):

Indian film? undecided undecided sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:50pm On Oct 28, 2022
abduleez1:
We live in a society......

I'm starring in the colour purple
Make sure to see it in theaters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
AnfieldFan:

BP might bury it...

BP ain't burying nothing...
1.7bn on the Rock's sturdy yam legs angry that isn't wonky at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 10:10pm On Oct 28, 2022
pu7pl3:

BP ain't burying nothing...
1.7bn on the Rock's sturdy yam legs angry that isn't wonky at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 11:31pm On Oct 28, 2022
AnfieldFan:

It's been a good year for decent horror movies with low budgets....
That's news to me. Thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 11:32pm On Oct 28, 2022
lkillbrokehoes:
You are welcome. don't forget to watch the sequel next month when it's out.
I wouldn't dare miss it for the world.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 11:33pm On Oct 28, 2022
NaijaMemes:

1. Halloween.

2. Resurgence of the genre

Horror is not my favourite genre. AT ALL
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 11:34pm On Oct 28, 2022
NaijaMemes:

Indian film? undecided undecided sad
Yes, but with English subs. It is really interesting
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ilamina(f): 12:12am On Oct 29, 2022
Legend of the fall

(1) (2) (3) ... (3275) (3276) (3277) (3278) (3279) (3280) (3281) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.