Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3774666 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2022
oyaskii:
Re-echoing this point: A movie can be "great" depending on the context and the bar isn't at "great acting".

Your reference "Terminator 2". Arnold Schwarzenegger was a basically a cyborg sent back in time to save a person, ain't much acting he could have done than what he delivered. The movie ticked the box in other areas and it's rightly one of the greatest movie of all time.

My reference "Silence of the Lamb". Anthony Hopkins was on screen for just 16mins and he got an oscar because he "acted" the hell out of those 16mins.

Point being...A movie can be great outside the context of "great acting".

I really wish we could chat longer but I'm having an old friend for dinner

Cut off a dead man's leg and he can still feel it tickling. Tell me mom - when your little girl is on the slab where will it tickle you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1IayQ9MAl4

That movie was lit as f and true to the source material right down to the sentences.

Arnold became one of the most successful actors in Hollywood without ever actually having to act cheesy

It says everything about Arnold's acting chops that the terminator is his greatest role.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
ibkayee:

Have you watched the 2nd film?

Not yet.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I feel a great movie is being mixed with great acting.

Terminator 2 is for me one the greatest movies of all time and definitely Arnold's best. But did Arnold act in that movie?

Well for me, a movie can be great and still have great acting. It can be shite and still have great acting. And it can also be great movie but decent acting.

Black Panther doesn't fall into the category of great acting for me. Although it's a nice film.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
abduleez1:

Well for me, a movie can be great and still have great acting. It can be shite and still have great acting. And it can also be great movie but decent acting.

Black Panther doesn't fall into the category of great acting for me. Although it's a nice film.

Green mile has entered the chat
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 9:22pm On Nov 21, 2022
Still love this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnZqB5Z75zI

Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgMeddPldkY

When you see magneto and storm destroying the xjet in a last ditch stand to buy time, you know it is really the end

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
So black panther doesn't have good acting?

Yet Chadwick Bozeman is respected for the very role of black panther? Respected as a king?

I need the weed that Abduleez1 and GloriousGbola are smoking.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 9:31pm On Nov 21, 2022
NaijaMemes:

Yet Chadwick Bozeman is respected for the very role of black panther? Respected as a king?

I need the weed that Abduleez1 and GloriousGbola are smoking.

Arnold schwarznegger is celebrated as the terminator

Robert Downey junior practically played himself as iron man

You can say same for bendict wong as wong and

And cumberbatch as Dr strange

Liam as Thor

Some of them were were literally playing themselves
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2022
NaijaMemes:

I need the weed that Abduleez..1 and GloriousGbola are smoking.

Guy go sleep. You need rest.

E fit be Oscar winning performance for you but that thing is just decent or good acting. Nothing great in my opinion.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Liam as Thor

Leave JackBizzle make him dey blow him pipe.

Black Panther was that great in acting na en Academy no nominate any one of the actors despite their efforts in promoting the film as the best thing after slice bread that year. undecided Mtchew......
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xynerise: 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
Octopusssy:

'83
Ok, I came close grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:18am On Nov 22, 2022
Lmaooo... grin grin I don't think Cinema still has that "juice" to make $1bn on one flick let alone $2bn. shocked

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:26am On Nov 22, 2022
Martyrs
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 8:33am On Nov 22, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Liam as Thor

The black panther role is not just a superhero one. It was also the role of a king.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 8:34am On Nov 22, 2022
abduleez1:

Black Panther was that great in acting na en Academy no nominate any one of the actors despite their efforts in promoting the film as the best thing after slice bread that year. undecided Mtchew......

Is it by nomination?

Abegi
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 8:42am On Nov 22, 2022
abduleez1:

You and erectile dysfunction gbola GloriousGbola are not well

Read about how people praised Chadwick Bosemans acting in Black Panther

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:37am On Nov 22, 2022
No lies bro....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:39am On Nov 22, 2022
oyaskii:
Lmaooo... grin grin I don't think Cinema still has that "juice" to make $1bn on one flick let alone $2bn. shocked

I swear I just see the Variety article now I shock.
Wahala for Disney. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hopefulLandlord: 10:03am On Nov 22, 2022
oyaskii:

How did a movie with 250,000,000 budget need almost ten times that to "Break even"? this matter no clear at all
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:52am On Nov 22, 2022
oyaskii:

They gotta be kidding or trolling grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 11:46am On Nov 22, 2022
Two billion dollars to break even? Was the film made for one billion dollars? Which kind misyarning be that?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2022
gameboy727:
Two billion dollars to break even? Was the film made for one billion dollars? Which kind misyarning be that?
Way of the water alongside its 3 sequel were shot back to back with a budget of around $1b. So they may need up to that when marketing has been factored in.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Way of the water alongside its 3 sequel were shot back to back with a budget of around $1b. So they may need up to that when marketing has been factored in.

No need to fret then. As long as they wouldn't be releasing all the sequels at once, they will surely make profit after all the movies have had their theatrical runs.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ernestovi: 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2022
Try Actix app on play store for unlimited free movies and TV shows download curated from your popular websites
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2022
pu7pl3:

They gotta be kidding or trolling grin
abduleez1:

I swear I just see the Variety article now I shock.
Wahala for Disney. grin
lool the thing off me i swear grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:52pm On Nov 22, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

How did a movie with 250,000,000 budget need almost ten times that to "Break even"? this matter no clear at all
James Cameron admitted that tho the official budget was $250m, but there is some "undeclared" cost and the other sequels where shot together with this side by side.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hopefulLandlord: 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2022
oyaskii:
James Cameron admitted that tho the official budget was $250m, but there is some "undeclared" cost and the other sequels where shot together with this side by side.

Damn! thats some huge risk
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Damn! thats some huge risk
Yeah...Huge.

Avatar (2009) was a big deal and made big bucks because of the magnificent CGI that seemed ahead of it's time back then. Tho not the first 3D movie, but it brought an immersive cinematic experience with 3D and James Cameron is such a big deal in filmmaking, his last flick before "Avatar" was the hugely successful "Titanic" so people wanted to see his next movie.

Fast forward to 2022
-Movie tech, VFX and CGI has come a long way so I don't think anything "groundbreaking" will be in Avatar: The way of the water to push it above $1Bn at the BO.

-The plot of the first one wasn't all that, and there's not enough story in it to warrant this sequel or the other sequels planned, so clearly most people ain't seeing this for any coherent plot.

-The most telling factor that is seriously against it making huge bucks is simply put that the "cinema culture is a dying breed". COVID 19 lockdown changed the game. After then, movies struggle to even cross $500m let alone $1bn. wokist and political agendas are on one side.

I might be wrong but I don't see anything yet in God's green earth that will make this movie gross $2bn.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2022
Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities

8/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2022
Black Adam - 6/10

Nice action but underwhelming plot.....very underwhelming plot. angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aflix(m): 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2022
oyaskii:
Yeah...Huge.

Avatar (2009) was a big deal and made big bucks because of the magnificent CGI that seemed ahead of it's time back then. Tho not the first 3D movie, but it brought an immersive cinematic experience with 3D and James Cameron is such a big deal in filmmaking, his last flick before "Avatar" was the hugely successful "Titanic" so people wanted to see his next movie.

Fast forward to 2022
-Movie tech, VFX and CGI has come a long way so I don't think anything "groundbreaking" will be in Avatar: The way of the water to push it above $1Bn at the BO.

-The plot of the first one wasn't all that, and there's not enough story in it to warrant this sequel or the other sequels planned, so clearly most people ain't seeing this for any coherent plot.

-The most telling factor that is seriously against it making huge bucks is simply put that the "cinema culture is a dying breed". COVID 19 lockdown changed the game. After then, movies struggle to even cross $500m let alone $1bn. wokist and political agendas are on one side.

I might be wrong but I don't see anything yet in God's green earth that will make this movie gross $2bn.
I’m glad that I’m not the only one that feels this way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.