Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3782289 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) (3319) (3320) ... (3843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
Black Adam is 5/10 for me.
Though i am not a fan of super hero movies, i prefer the more natural characters in movies but nonetheless the movie "Black adam is not a great movie and definitely not a shiit movie.

It's just there, something to just entertain yourself and yeah it's quite enjoyable.
One thing i love about Black adam are the fights. Reminds of the video game "mortal Kombat."
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2022
cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheHulk616: 8:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
abduleez1:
Over a billion dollar reassured!! grin grin
Doing it without breaking a sweat.
you can't wait for this Marvel movie grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2022
The woman king Is 10/10 for me.
This is easily one of the best movies I've seen this year.

Absolutely amazing, kudos to viola Davidson and the rest characters, they all brought their A games to the movie.

I can't believe that the girl that played Nawi is actually 31 years old In reality, she looks 16 even in real life.

So young and beautiful.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
IngeniousLeez:

Lol, you don come again. grin grin
Still possible tho.

And I'll keep coming angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:12am On Nov 24, 2022
Lol, y'all predicted $130mn just last week. grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:14am On Nov 24, 2022
Funny how this ppl pushing BA for Oscars. grin grin
I only reasonably see Sound mixing and VFX.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:16am On Nov 24, 2022
Aptly put propaganda....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:23am On Nov 24, 2022
Disney animation been flopping hard in recent times... Pixar especially hit.
It's a truly Strange World for Mickey Mouse. embarassed lipsrsealed

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 4:27am On Nov 24, 2022
By their fruits, ye shall know them.

Only broke azz people count other people's money.

Really, who cares whether a film grosses over a billion? The main thing is that it is a good movie.

In fact, some great movies were actually box office flops eg The Thing, Bladerunner etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by arantess: 6:22am On Nov 24, 2022
NaijaMemes:

Really, who cares whether a film grosses over a billion? The main thing is that it is a good movie.

In fact, some great movies were actually box office flops eg The Thing, Bladerunner etc.
grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2022
abduleez1:
Funny how this ppl pushing BA for Oscars. grin grin
I only reasonably see Sound mixing and VFX.
Whoever is pushing DJ for best actor must be on expired crack.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:09am On Nov 24, 2022
NaijaMemes:

honestly I no wan talk...
But the whole trend of counting box office earnings everyday on this thread is funny...
Fighting and arguing over money that isn't mine?
I can't do that

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2022
This box office talk spilled from the usual banter in DC and Marvel threads to here. As those threads Don dry dem kukuma carry the argument come here.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:47am On Nov 24, 2022
Baddestguyp:
But the whole trend of counting box office earnings everyday on this thread is funny...
I can't do that
It's a movie's thread and everything relating to movies including box office earnings are relevant discourse. It's fine if you don't want to engage but it's not off the rails for people to talk about Box office earnings on a MOVIES THREAD!.

This thread would have died long ago going by this your logic.

8 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 9:05am On Nov 24, 2022
oyaskii:
It's a movie's thread and everything relating to movies including box office earnings are relevant discourse. It's fine if you don't want to engage but it's not off the rails for people to talk about Box office earnings on a MOVIES THREAD!.

This thread would have died long ago going by this your logic.

You are missing the point.

They are free to discuss box office earnings. It is only ishilove and naptu2 that believe that one should only rate movies here.

The point is that the discussion of box office earnings is now overshadowing everything.

There should be a proper balance. There are many things to discuss about movies- insider politics, themes, directors etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 9:10am On Nov 24, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I can't do that

grin

The problem is not that they are talking about the box office money.

The problem is that they now do it constantly and continuously.

Only broke people talk about money 24/7

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:38am On Nov 24, 2022
NaijaMemes:

You are missing the point.

They are free to discuss box office earnings. It is only ishilove and naptu2 that believe that one should only rate movies here.

The point is that the discussion of box office earnings is now overshadowing everything.

There should be a proper balance. There are many things to discuss about movies- insider politics, themes, directors etc.

Overshadowing what exactly? I still see movie reviews more than i see box office earnings discourse. Probably you are fixated on it that's why it's a problem to you. Box office discourse does not stop people from posting movie reviews. Fact is, most movies out these days are bums and most people avoid but the thread has to be kept alive and so in the absence of that Box Office earnings discussion and movie fandom banters comes in. Most of the movie reviews i have seen in the past two weeks here are mostly oldies.

This "balance" you are on about... How many movie reviews, insider politics, directors have you personally posted or discussed on here this month to maintain said balance?

Talk or post about these things and people will engage.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:26am On Nov 24, 2022
China will welcome the new avatar movie with open arms. cheesy
Their 2bn mandate might just be doable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 10:39am On Nov 24, 2022
oyaskii:
Overshadowing what exactly? I still see movie reviews more than i see box office earnings discourse. Probably you are fixated on it that's why it's a problem to you. Box office discourse does not stop people from posting movie reviews. Fact is, most movies out these days are bums and most people avoid but the thread has to be kept alive and so in the absence of that Box Office earnings discussion and movie fandom banters comes in. Most of the movie reviews i have seen in the past two weeks here are mostly oldies.

This "balance" you are on about... How many movie reviews, insider politics, directors have you personally posted or discussed on here this month to maintain said balance?

Talk or post about these things and people will engage.

You don't know that you are talking to the Lord of this thread? Oba JeromeBlack I, first of his name, King of CinemaLand and ruler of the movie threads.

I have contributed so many things from woke movie politics to box office earnings to movie themes, directors and international politics.

I have dissected BLM movement in movies, slavery, religion, feminism etc.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamL(f): 10:50am On Nov 24, 2022
Woman king 8.5/10
Jurassic world domination 8/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 10:52am On Nov 24, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkQi6GBwmSA

Downloaded but not sure I have the stones to watch it just yet

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2022
tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2022
gameboy727:
tongue tongue

Sydney my lover. cheesy
My future Power Girl.
Those girls needs to be promoted in IMAX 3D. cheesy grin

With James Gunn toying with Kingdom Come, just maybe my dream might just come through in the future. grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2022
GloriousGbola:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkQi6GBwmSA

Downloaded but not sure I have the stones to watch it just yet

Don't think they displayed the casket if that's what you are scared off.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 1:31pm On Nov 24, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Don't think they displayed the casket if that's what you are scared off.

I am not ready to see a reenactment of a lynching of a 14 year old, thank you very much

The below was fked up enough

14 year kid falsely convicted of first degree murder and put in the chair

Fking white people

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2022
Kaycee7:
Whoever is pushing DJ for best actor must be on expired crack.

Correct expired one.
I just see the thing dey shock. grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2022
SOZINN:
China will welcome the new avatar movie with open arms. cheesy
Their 2bn mandate might just be doable.

Looking doable now.
Even Pu7pl3's $1.7bn wishful prediction is very much expected now. grin

Just China and North America can give Avatar 2 one billion dollars cash.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I am not ready to see a reenactment of a lynching of a 14 year old, thank you very much

The below was fked up enough

14 year kid falsely convicted of first degree murder and put in the chair

Fking white people

Which kid is this and what movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2022
abduleez1:

Sydney my lover. cheesy
My future Power Girl.
Those girls needs to be promoted in IMAX 3D. cheesy grin

With James Gunn toying with Kingdom Come, just maybe my dream might just come through in the future. grin grin

Chai, see premium bosom
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2022
NaijaMemes:

This is hypocrisy at its purest form.

When it comes to movies on this thread, we discuss just about everything. From directors, to producers, actors popularity in influencing a movie, musical scores, stunt men, pop culture, the impact of Chinese market on BO, movie studios, comics, folktales, the beauty of actors and actresses and their physique, movie genres, etc.

Almost nothing is off limit. In short, we end up entering politics when discussing military warfare. We dabble into historical events too. Absolutely everything has been discussed including mods bias or lack of it and your history with Ishi, Maclatůnji, your sojurn in the Religion/Islam section.

You've been involved in some if not most of these discussions. But suddenly, because this discussion is not favorable to you, you had to take a weak shot at Abduleez. What happend to live and let live? If a discussion is not your forte, wait till something that interests you pops up. This is not cool, man. Stop it. This is how you go about insulting those that couldn't afford to go to cinemas as much as you. It's tacky. Grow up.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2022
abduleez1:

Which kid is this and what movie?

George stiiney jr

This was a photoshoot if I recall

One to give you an idea of what happened

(1) (2) (3) ... (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) (3319) (3320) ... (3843) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.