Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3743065 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) (3344) (3345) (3346) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2022
pu7pl3:

Batman is not judge, jury, and executioner. His entire purpose is to heal Gotham and make it a city where a child doesn’t have to lose their parents to senseless violence. That means more than just killing criminals. He has to get rid of the corruption in the police and courts. He has to eliminate the ability for criminals to threaten the good judges. He has to build cases against criminals that were above the law from getting away with everything.

Imagine a world where Batman just kills everyone. The police and gangs will be after him. The public will fear being in public even more since they have no way to know how indiscriminate Batman is about whom he kills. And that means they won’t have hope that justice will be served or that things will get better. When he takes out the heads of criminal organizations, other more ruthless people will rise up and go after Batman. Gotham would become a warzone.

No, by simply apprehending criminals and collecting evidence, Batman barely rises above concerned citizen. He allows the system to do its job. Officers stop being complacent because of the system, and the criminals get punished by the legal system. The public then feels safer. Batman is a myth, so the people see the police taking down and incarcerating the criminal element. They start to trust the legal system to be fair. And when Batman eventually disappears, the system will keep running just as it always has. Batman only helps with major crimes and supervillains. Gotham PD is still out their keeping the peace and chipping away at the bigger criminals.

The problem is that it’s all a comic book. Because more stories need to be told, criminals can’t be killed. As some know, Batman killed Joker in their first issue together. Coupled with this is comic book time. Because about ten real years equates to one year in the comic while the world continues to evolve in time with the real world, it feels like villains are escaping all the time. In reality, any one of them might only appear in a story ever few years. But they have been the same age for decades, so it comes across as only a few months in-universe. It’s just a suspension of disbelief necessary for a never-ending story. If Batman were real, he probably would have killed Joker by now. Heck, the courts would have ruled he was competent and put him on death row. But the comics universe can’t do that.

lol...
All these and you failed to answer my question

This is not the question I asked you.
Read the post again

My question is not on Batman's no-kill rule

What I need is response to this opinion...
The no-kill-rule is a stale argument I won't waste my time on..
Answer what I asked

*Modified
So both you and Kaycee7 did not even understand my post yet he was talking about how they gave me good replies grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
Kaycee7:
Ran to Reddit to check answers? This nigga thinks everyone takes Reddit posts as seriously as he does grin grin

Answers will never be satisfactory when you're not really asking questions.
oga answer my question grin

Or maybe you cannot

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2022
pu7pl3:

Batman wey be the reason why DC as a whole still dey exist grin
Them dey build statues for am grin
e no concern me...
I'm questioning his entire existence in Gotham

1. Has Gotham become a better place with Batman or not?

2. If you were an average resident of Gotham which would you choose:

A. A Gotham with High rate of small-time crime with murders, Mafia families, robbers, alleyway thieves, small time thugs etc that has managed to survive for 100s of years

OR

B. A Gotham with Low rate of small-time crimes but instead Nukes, City-existence level threats, Supervillains with super destructive powers bloodthirsted for revenge, potential for being used as bait to lure out a vigilante

Choose.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
the crazy thing is when they escape, they return fueled for revenge and where else do they target?
"Batman's City"

For revenge and to lure out Batman

Before Batman, Gotham survived for 100s of years even with their corrupt police, all of a sudden Batman came to reduce small-scale crime and instead attracted large-scale villains

Now the poor city and it's residents faces nukes and supernatural villains that can wipe it out of existence

Them suppose Lynch Batman grin grin

Look at this my post on reddit cheesy

Them go beat you for that reddit o grin
All those villains are their money makers and the people are collateral damage. No to reason am.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
SOZINN:

Them go beat you for that reddit o grin
All those villains are their money makers and the people are collateral damage. No to reason am.
grin grin grin
Make I pepper them

Imagine as a resident in Gotham. Your worst fear were gangs, mafia, druglords and robbers...

Then one vigilante decided to come clean up the city, only to attract villains like Bane who came for revenge against him.
Even worse he attracted supervillains that can wipe out the entire city. Before you know, the city started facing nuke level threats

Any villain with superpowers that need revenge will now attack the city to lure out batman cos it's "Batman's City"

You no go curse am? grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2022
I'm still waiting for actual answers to my question grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
the crazy thing is when they escape, they return fueled for revenge and where else do they target?
"Batman's City"

For revenge and to lure out Batman

Before Batman, Gotham survived for 100s of years even with their corrupt police, all of a sudden Batman came to reduce small-scale crime and instead attracted large-scale villains

Now the poor city and it's residents faces nukes and supernatural villains that can wipe it out of existence

Them suppose Lynch Batman grin grin

Look at this my post on reddit cheesy

So I have blocked my pc from browsing this site till 11pm.

I am browsing with my phone which is limited in scope and resources.

This is the exact argument anarky (a lower cadre batman antihero/villain) made in one of the comic serials in knightfall (who rules the night). Once he reached this conclusion, he decided to kill batman. It just happened that it was Jean Paul Valley in the suit.

Ironically most of those arguments would apply if batman were a Jean Paul Valley (AZRAEL) type.

I guess I may or may not take out those sheets and upload them here later.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
grin grin grin
Make I pepper them

Imagine as a resident in Gotham. Your worst fear were gangs, mafia, druglords and robbers...

Then one vigilante decided to come clean up the city, only to attract villains like Bane who came for revenge against him.
Even worse he attracted supervillains that can wipe out the entire city. Before you know, the city started facing nuke level threats

Any villain with superpowers that need revenge will now attack the city to lure out batman cos it's "Batman's City"

You no go curse am? grin grin

Lol that's the part that nobody wants to talk about. Na so e be everywhere. You might be in your living room chilling and one dûmb fuçk will come crashing into your stuff, even if he misses you by chance who will replace all those things. How will you fúcking sleep that night and then by the next flick they've built everything back up so that they can start all over again. Then the inhabitants of that place be like, we want to thank our superheroes for repelling the villains they dragged here, tons of people died in the midst of all that action but we don't give a fûck. I just remembered man of steel. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:05pm On Dec 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:

So I have blocked my pc from browsing this site till 11pm.

I am browsing with my phone which is limited in scope and resources.

This is the exact argument anarky (a lower cadre batman antihero/villain) made in one of the comic serials in knightfall (who rules the night). Once he reached this conclusion, he decided to kill batman. It just happened that it was Jean Paul Valley in the suit.

Ironically most of those arguments would apply if batman were a Jean Paul Valley (AZRAEL) type.

I guess I may or may not take out those sheets and upload them here later.

we are waiting...
Hopefully we will finally have a satisfactory answer
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
e no concern me...
I'm questioning his entire existence in Gotham

1. Has Gotham become a better place with Batman or not?
Yes it has.

2. If you were an average resident of Gotham which would you choose:

A. A Gotham with High rate of small-time crime with murders, Mafia families, robbers, alleyway thieves, small time thugs etc that has managed to survive for 100s of years

OR

B. A Gotham with Low rate of small-time crimes but instead Nukes, City-existence level threats, Supervillains with super destructive powers bloodthirsted for revenge, potential for being used as bait to lure out a vigilante.

Choose.
I'll go with B. Atleast I know for certain that there are other super powered beings out their fighting against them, and protecting us at the same time. Instead of having crooked cops seat back and watch as the city burn.

Beside, you should know, before Batman came, Gotham was a piece of shit city which high crime rate and the cops couldn't do anything about it, until Batman came along.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2022
ShaqFu:
Yes it has.

I'll go with B. Atleast I know for certain that there are other super powered beings out their fighting against them, and protecting us at the same time. Instead of having crooked cops seat back and watch as the city burn.

Beside, you should know, before Batman came, Gotham was a piece of shit city which high crime rate and the cops couldn't do anything about it, until Batman came along.

So there is a batman year one comic. Also an animated movie. If you go with the premise of that comic, batman inspired catwoman who was just a dominatrix type prostitute. She saw the bat beating up thugs and went and put together her own catsuit.

Also the comic ends with a throwaway comment about some person calling himself the joker who was threatening to poison gothams water supply.

So it can be argued that batman's presence inspired a bigger class of criminal.

Which is the way of the world in any event. Its always an arms race. The moment Americans dropped the bomb, it was inevitable that everyone else was going to try to make their own bomb.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2022
House of gucci (2021)- 7/10
This movie shows the result of marrying a bad wife and what catastrophe that can lead to.
A Famous family destroyed due to the greediness of a woman.
There are lessons to be learnt from this.
BTW Lady Gaga is f!cking hot and a good actress too

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2022
SOZINN:

Lol that's the part that nobody wants to talk about. Na so e be everywhere. You might be in your living room chilling and one dûmb fuçk will come crashing into your stuff, even if he misses you by chance who will replace all those things. How will you fúcking sleep that night and then by the next flick they've built everything back up so that they can start all over again. Then the inhabitants of that place be like, we want to thank our superheroes for repelling the villains they dragged here, tons of people died in the midst of all that action but we don't give a fûck. I just remembered man of steel. grin
Many supervillains attack Gotham because of Batman yet he gets praised after he defeats them grin grin

Let me paint another similar scenerio to the batman own:

Mr Peter lived in a city full of crime and violence. There were constant cases of Armed robberies and murder all over the city. It was truly a city with a very high crime rate where criminal gangs and the mafia ruled.

In order to protect his family (wife and kids) he decided to join the Mafia to achieve power to protect them.

After rising to the top of the mafia, Peter was able to protect his family from robbers and street murderers...

However, now his family faced threat from his rivals in the mafia who could afford to hire professional killers to get to him or his family

Instead of facing street thugs...now the threat is that of professional assassins

Was Mr Peter's family safer in the beginning or at present? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
America won ww2 with the nuclear bomb. Did that make the world safer? Did it guarantee no more war?

All that happens when you get a super power of sorts in an environment where there is war or tension, is an arms race.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2022
ShaqFu:
Yes it has.

yes, Gotham had very very high crime rate until Batman came along...

But Batman's existence put the city in more danger than it was before he came.

What is the point of reducing small scale crime if you then attract nuke level threats to the city?

It's like replacing 10 guns with 2 large bombs

Let me give you another scenerio:

Mr Peter lived in a city full of crime and violence. There were constant cases of Armed robberies and murder all over the city. It was truly a city with a very high crime rate where criminal gangs and the mafia ruled.

In order to protect his family (wife and kids) he decided to join the Mafia to achieve power to protect them.

After rising to the top of the mafia, Peter was able to protect his family from robbers and street murderers...

However, now his family faced threat from his rivals in the mafia who could afford to hire professional killers to get to him or his family

Instead of facing street thugs...now the threat is that of professional assassins

Was Mr Peter's family safer in the beginning or at present?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:
America won ww2 with the nuclear bomb. Did that make the world safer? Did it guarantee no more war?

All that happens when you get a super power of sorts in an environment where there is war or tension, is an arms race.
this means you agree with me right?

The existence of superheroes like batman in Gotham attracted supervillains to the city

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
Funny how The Conjuring Universe next movie The Nun sequel isn't in this list.

Anyways, seems WB is back on the horror train with The Nun 2, Salem's Lot and Evil Dead Rise.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:

Many supervillains attack Gotham because of Batman yet he gets praised after he defeats them grin grin

Let me paint another similar scenerio to the batman own:

Was Mr Peter's family safer in the beginning or at present? grin

That's a bit different. The city is not safer that's for sure but he's family is even more fuçked than they were before. Out of all the shît Kang The Conqueror has been spilling in the comics 40% of them are along the lines of, do not love or have someone you care about or a family BLA BLA BLA if you want to live that kind of life and he has his reasons.

Mr Peter's opponents are gonna come after his family and this has nothing to do with the bloody city. Shît's gotten personal. They wanna hit him where it hurts, they will deliver the kind of damage that mere fights won't bring. So I believe the question should be - is his family fuçked or not? And the answer is yes they are.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:

yes, Gotham had very very high crime rate until Batman came along...

But Batman's existence put the city in more danger than it was before he came.

What is the point of reducing small scale crime if you then attract nuke level threats to the city?

It's like replacing 10 guns with 2 large bombs

Let me give you another scenerio:

Was Mr Peter's family safer in the beginning or at present?
Bottom line, Batman's presence made Gotham a safe place than it was before. Period
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:

So there is a batman year one comic. Also an animated movie. If you go with the premise of that comic, batman inspired catwoman who was just a dominatrix type prostitute. She saw the bat beating up thugs and went and put together her own catsuit.

Also the comic ends with a throwaway comment about some person calling himself the joker who was threatening to poison gothams water supply.

So it can be argued that batman's presence inspired a bigger class of criminal.

Which is the way of the world in any event. Its always an arms race. The moment Americans dropped the bomb, it was inevitable that everyone else was going to try to make their own bomb.
no doubt. Still he's there to protect and reduce any threat that came to the city, even at so much personal cost.

So who is complaining.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2022
SOZINN:

That's a bit different. The city is not safer that's for sure but he's family is even more fuçked than they were before. Out of all the shît Kang The Conqueror has been spilling in the comics 40% of them are along the lines of, do not love or have someone you care about or a family BLA BLA BLA if you want to live that kind of life and he has his reasons.

Mr Peter's opponents are gonna come after his family and this has nothing to do with the bloody city. Shît's gotten personal. They wanna hit him where it hurts, they will deliver the kind of damage that mere fights won't bring. So I believe the question should be - is his family fuçked or not? And the answer is yes they are.
my scenerio had nothing go do with Mr Peter's city also...

But Mr Peter's family represented Gotham...
Batman in his quest to help Gotham ended up putting Gotham in more danger

So we are on the same page
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:11pm On Dec 21, 2022
ShaqFu:
Bottom line, Batman's presence made Gotham a safe place than it was before. Period
how?
You're jumping to a conclusion without providing an answer that leads to that conclusion.

Gotham is a safe place because the story says it's a safe place?
This is contradictory because the same story shows many supervillains being attracted to Gotham because of Batman
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2022
ShaqFu:
no doubt. Still he's there to protect and reduce any threat that came to the city, even at so much personal cost.

So who is complaining.
if I were a citizen of Gotham I would complain...

Previously all I had to worry about were street thugs and the mafia and so on

Now I have to worry about bigger supervillains that can easily destroy the entire city

to make matter worse, Batman is a critical member of the justice league that handles global and even universal threats...

Which means Gotham would be in the eyes of with global level villains looking for quick revenge
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
lol...
All these and you failed to answer my question

This is not the question I asked you.
Read the post again

My question is not on Batman's no-kill rule

What I need is response to this opinion...
The no-kill-rule is a stale argument I won't waste my time on..
Answer what I asked

*Modified
So both you and Kaycee7 did not even understand my post yet he was talking about how they gave me good replies grin

You're the one that doesn't understand what you're going for...the no kill rule is what your whole arguement is based on and why you think you can troll Batsy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:36pm On Dec 21, 2022
pu7pl3:

You're the one that doesn't understand what you're going for...the no kill rule is what your whole arguement is based on and why you think you can troll Batsy
did you read my post?

Even those on reddit at least understand same as some people on this thread
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:39pm On Dec 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
did you read my post?

Even those on reddit at least understand same as some people on this thread

I don't have strength to type long epistles right now but your Reddit post basically says that Batman made Gotham more dangerous cos of his methods, Asin if he was putting down every supervillain he attracted Gotham would have been safer...right? Yes.

The no kill rule is why you keep saying "rinse and repeat" And that what my previous post answered.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
how?
You're jumping to a conclusion without providing an answer that leads to that conclusion.

Gotham is a safe place because the story says it's a safe place?
This is contradictory because the same story shows many supervillains being attracted to Gotham because of Batman
you're the one who is saying absolutely what he doesn't understand. No offense, but sometimes when you debate here I have this mental picture of you as a toddler which chuppa chops dangling from your mouth.

If you've watched The Dark Knight. The Joker clearly dissed Gotham mob bosses because they were hiding in shadows and afraid of Batman...

It was even stated that people can go about their businesses in the night and not be afraid of getting raped or mugged because the Batman might be around to deal with criminals.

The evidence is big enough for you to see, but you refuse to see the clearer picture. Whether Batman is there or not, does it take away the fact that Darkseid exist or the fact that Raj Al Ghul exist.

The same Raj Al Ghul told Batman I'm Batman Begins that they tried to destroy Gotham but people like Thomas Wayne saved the city. Now was Batman around before Raj decided to destroy Gotham.

This is the same childish opinion you gave concerning Avatar saying that guy betrayed humanity because of alien pussy. I mean what a narrow minded comment. You're saying he should support the complete destruction of an entire specie because of the greed of a select human. Na WA oh.

It's been a while I saw Avatar, and from what I remember of the movie, the guy did the right thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:11pm On Dec 21, 2022
pu7pl3:

I don't have strength to type long epistles right now but your Reddit post basically says that Batman made Gotham more dangerous cos of his methods, Asin if he was putting down every supervillain he attracted Gotham would have been safer...right? Yes.

The no kill rule is why you keep saying "rinse and repeat" And that what my previous post answered.
again that's not what I said...

I've been replying people here...
I'm saying his existence is what makes Gotham more dangerous, not because he doesn't kill villains
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2022
ShaqFu:
you're the one who is saying absolutely what he doesn't understand. No offense, but sometimes when you debate here I have this mental picture of you as a toddler which chuppa chops dangling from your mouth.

If you've watched The Dark Knight. The Joker clearly dissed Gotham mob bosses because they were hiding in shadows and afraid of Batman...

It was even stated that people can go about their businesses in the night and not be afraid of getting raped or mugged because the Batman might be around to deal with criminals.

The evidence is big enough for you to see, but you refuse to see the clearer picture. Whether Batman is there or not, does it take away the fact that Darkseid exist or the fact that Raj Al Ghul exist.

The same Raj Al Ghul told Batman I'm Batman Begins that they tried to destroy Gotham but people like Thomas Wayne saved the city. Now was Batman around before Raj decided to destroy Gotham.

This is the same childish opinion you gave concerning Avatar saying that guy betrayed humanity because of alien pussy. I mean what a narrow minded comment. You're saying he should support the complete destruction of an entire specie because of the greed of a select human. Na WA oh.

It's been a while I saw Avatar, and from what I remember of the movie, the guy did the right thing.
your entire point does not contradict mine sir...
Lol

He made Gotham safer against small-scale crime but his existence in Gotham attracted bigger supervillains...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
again that's not what I said...

I've been replying people here...
I'm saying his existence is what makes Gotham more dangerous, not because he doesn't kill villains

Lol...even if he wasn't existing Gotham would still be a cesspool, you're saying what you're saying cos Batman doesn't kill his villains once and for all. Don't start twisting it, you'll fvck up your own narrative.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
ShaqFu:

Hehehe....
That guy on a norms no dey fit stop himself from dropping shitty takes time and time again. Most of his takes and debates are usually filled with jejune tendencies and talk points. Reason why I rarely engage his posts these days.
I no surprise one bit. grin grin

Na Una get strength dey drag nonsense.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
abduleez1:

Hehehe....
That guy on a norms no dey fit stop himself from dropping shitty takes time and time again. Most of his takes and debates are usually filled with jejune tendencies and talk points. Reason why I rarely engage his posts these days.
I no surprise one bit. grin grin

Na Una get strength dey drag nonsense.

Na just friendly banter...

(1) (2) (3) ... (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) (3344) (3345) (3346) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.