Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3785977 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) (3360) ... (3845) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by itspreshh: 12:56am On Dec 31, 2022
Thegamingorca:
let them die this matter
I actually want them to bring it back...

I can't wait to see what woke Harry Potter movies would look like grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:20am On Dec 31, 2022
The Audience reaction to the reboot (if it happens) will be worse than that of Ring Of Power and Blood Origins.

SOZINN:
✓✓✓

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:44am On Dec 31, 2022
SOZINN:
✓✓✓
They obviously wants to make more money
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 9:10am On Dec 31, 2022
At this rate, TWoW will most likely cross 2bn.

Meanwhile, Babylon upon all the marketing, is a certified flop.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by samistry(m): 9:18am On Dec 31, 2022
Just like that Amsterdam film.
Margot Robbie is a box office bomb.
Oya Come and beat me Abdulzaeez grin
IbrahimMav:
At this rate, TWoW will most likely cross 2bn.

Meanwhile, Babylon upon all the marketing, is a certified flop.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 9:21am On Dec 31, 2022
samistry:
She hasn't been lucky this year.
Next year might be her year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 9:33am On Dec 31, 2022
James Cameron has never had a movie score below an A- from Cinemascore....

* Aliens- A
* The Abyss- A-
* Terminator 2- A+
* True lies- A
* Titanic- A+

The man knows his stuff.
Doesn't try to be smarter than his audience, unlike Nolan.
Instead he respects them.
He knows how to please a crowd.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Samuell2019(m): 9:37am On Dec 31, 2022
Decision to leave 9/10

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 9:52am On Dec 31, 2022
Everywhere all at once - 6/10
Don't get the hype about this one.
Nice concept but I was literally bored all through..

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by itspreshh: 11:04am On Dec 31, 2022
Samuell2019:
Decision to leave 9/10
peak movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:17am On Dec 31, 2022
samistry:

Lol, it's like Una trashing of Margot na dey use am target me. grin grin

Anyways, she's gonna be on a win next year hopefully. I'm certain she'd hit big with Barbie. For Wes Anderson's Asteroid City I'm not sure given the way older audience movies have been flopping aplenty this year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:23am On Dec 31, 2022
This year had too many good movies wait till the later part of the year before debuting, so it made it seem this year was filled with shït movies.

Anyways, next year, Cinema is back on the menu. cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by itspreshh: 11:55am On Dec 31, 2022
abduleez1:

Anyways, she's gonna be on a win next year hopefully. I'm certain she'd hit big with Barbie. For Wes Anderson's Asteroid City I'm not sure given the way older audience movies have been flopping aplenty this year.

I think Barbie will bomb

Who will watch that?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
itspreshh:
I think Barbie will bomb

Who will watch that?

Lol, so because you don't like it you think it's the same for others.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by itspreshh: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, so because you don't like it you think it's the same for others.

I'm not sure guys would watch that movie except their gfs drag them...

The teaser trailer only has a few million views
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2022
abduleez1:

what is keeping her from having kids abi she no dey fùck her husband ni
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2022
abduleez1:

2023 isn't looking good for her either.

Asteriod City is ensembled cast just like Amsterdam and Babylon. It's pretty bang on it'd be met with similar reception. Being a chick flick is another nail in the coffin.

Barbie is a romantic comedy, basically a chick flick. Chick flicks rarely do well commercially.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2022
IbrahimMav:
James Cameron has never had a movie score below an A- from Cinemascore....

* Aliens- A
* The Abyss- A-
* Terminator 2- A+
* True lies- A
* Titanic- A+

The man knows his stuff.
Doesn't try to be smarter than his audience, unlike Nolan.
Instead he respects them.
He knows how to please a crowd.
Nolan has his core niche too and does movies that pleases that Niche. Bar "Tenet" that he tried to outdo himself, i think the rest of his filmography are pretty solid critically. "Memento" "The Prestige", "TDK" Trilogy, "Inception", "Interstellar" and "Dunkirk" have great replay values because these movies transcends beyond traditional film making and with Hans Zimmer scoring his movies, you have a longing memory of these movies, i mean most of the best film scores i have heard are from Nolan movies.

The only JC movies that have any sort of coherent replay value outside of the cinema IMO is "The Terminator 2" and "Titanic".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2022
abduleez1:
This year had too many good movies wait till the later part of the year before debuting, so it made it seem this year was filled with shït movies.

Anyways, next year, Cinema is back on the menu. cool
Seeing some of my favourite directors on here makes me happy wink...expecting bangers in 2023 hopefully. cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
oyaskii:
Nolan has his core niche too and does movies that pleases that Niche. Bar "Tenet" that he tried to outdo himself, i think the rest of his filmography are pretty solid critically. "Memento" "The Prestige", "TDK" Trilogy, "Inception", "Interstellar" and "Dunkirk" have great replay values because these movies transcends beyond traditional film making and with Hans Zimmer scoring his movies, you have a longing memory of these movies, i mean most of the best film scores i have heard are from Nolan movies.

The only JC movies that have any sort of coherent replay value outside of the cinema IMO is "The Terminator 2" and "Titanic".

Bro, i've watched Aliens more times I can remember.
Loved it as a kid, appreciated it more as an adult.
Same with Abyss, True Lies, Terminator 2 and Titanic.
It's laughable to say JC films don't have coherent replay value when he is the first filmmaker to crack the 4 demographic quadrant→ males under 25, females under 25, males over 25, females over 25.
His films consistently smash the box office and have excellent WOM.

I remember him saying the secret to his success is because he has a regular taste.
So he does films that appeals to him, knowing fully well that his audience will also appreciate them
He keeps it simple.

I like Nolan.
He's an auteur, maybe the best in the business.
I love the way he makes films, some of his earlier works are really good.
I loved The Prestige, Interstellar, Dunkirk and the first two TDK movies....
These films are a work of art, maybe a little pretensious like he's telling his audience he's a genius, but little masterpieces all the same.
Not a fan of Momento, Inception and Tenet.
These are the movies where he decidedly tried to be smarter than his audience.
These films are PG films and yet, males and females under 25 consistently avoid them.
They can't connect with them cos the films zagged where they should have zigged.
Sometimes less is more.

If you put Nolan and Cameron's movies side by side, the ones that will gross more money will be Cameron's without a shadow of doubt for one simple reason.
They are simpler to understand.
They also resonate better.
Nolan could learn a thing or two.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2022
itspreshh:
I'm not sure guys would watch that movie except their gfs drag them...

The teaser trailer only has a few million views

Okay.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2022
oyaskii:
Seeing some of my favourite directors on here makes me happy wink...expecting bangers in 2023 hopefully. cool

Same here.
2023 looks like a full rebound year given that studios are releasing much more than what we saw this year. WB alone is dropping about 13 films whereas it dropped only 6 this whole year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2022
DandeNumeruno:

2023 isn't looking good for her either.

Asteriod City is ensembled cast just like Amsterdam and Babylon. It's pretty bang on it'd be met with similar reception. Being a chick flick is another nail in the coffin.

Barbie is a romantic comedy, basically a chick flick. Chick flicks rarely do well commercially.

Alright, we'll see.
What I'm seeing online is great hype for the film especially because it's coming from Greta Gerwig, not necessarily the cast. And it's based on kids toys.
It's a sure family friendly movie that would probably pack kids to its side. Unless this is one of those cases where online noise doesn't match actual movie going audience reality.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Bro, i've watched Aliens more times I can remember.
Loved it as a kid, appreciated it more as an adult.
Same with Abyss, True Lies, Terminator 2 and Titanic.
It's laughable to say JC films don't have coherent replay value when he is the first filmmaker to crack the 4 demographic quadrant→ males under 25, females under 25, males over 25, females over 25.
His films consistently smash the box office and have excellent WOM.

I remember him saying the secret to his success is because he has a regular taste.
So he does films that appeals to him, knowing fully well that his audience will also appreciate them
He keeps it simple.

I like Nolan.
He's an auteur, maybe the best in the business.
I love the way he makes films, some of his earlier works are really good.
I loved The Prestige, Interstellar, Dunkirk and the first two TDK movies....
These films are a work of art, maybe a little pretensious like he's telling his audience he's a genius, but little masterpieces all the same.
Not a fan of Momento, Inception and Tenet.
These are the movies where he decidedly tried to be smarter than this audience.
These films are PG films and yet, males and females under 25 consistently avoid them.
They can't connect with them cos the films zagged where they should have zigged.
Sometimes less is more.

Uhm nope. This is where I disagree. James Cameron isn't the first filmmaker to crack 4 Quadrant movies. That honor goes to Steven Spielberg and to lesser extent George Lucas.
Spielberg was the first filmmaker to deliver 4 Quadrant concept successfully and convinced Hollywood into the Blockbuster summer release model.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2022
abduleez1:

Uhm nope. This is where I disagree. James Cameron isn't the first filmmaker to crack 4 Quadrant movies. That honor goes to Steven Spielberg and to lesser extent George Lucas.
Spielberg was the first filmmaker to deliver 4 Quadrant concept successfully and convinced Hollywood into the Blockbuster summer release model.

Maybe but who cracked it first doesn't really matter, what matters is JC remains the only one who has consistently tapped into a whole global audience somehow.

Apart from the Russo Brothers, there is no other filmmaker who has more $1bn movies.
He's tied with the Russos →Three 1bn movies each.

The Russos had MCU franchise to help them get there.
JC got there on his own.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Maybe but who cracked it first doesn't really matter, what matters is JC remains the only one who has consistently tapped into a whole global audience somehow.

Apart from the Russo Brothers, there is no other filmmaker who has more $1bn movies.
He's tied with the Russos →Three 1bn movies each.

The Russos had MCU franchise to help them get there.
JC got there on his own.

Well, Christopher Nolan has a very high chance of joining that club. He already has two billion dollar movies with The Dark Knight trilogy.

And he's probably the only other director that his name alone would drive audiences to see a movie.
He still has the time and the pull.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
abduleez1:

Well, Christopher Nolan has a very high chance of joining that club. He already has two billion dollar movies with The Dark Knight trilogy.

And he's probably the only other director that his name alone would drive audiences to see a movie.
He still has the time and the pull.

WOM will play a critical role on Nolan's next film.
If it's another Tenet, don't expect miracles.
I hope he doesn't overcomplicate what should be a straightforward biographical drama.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 9:24pm On Dec 31, 2022
IbrahimMav:

I hope he doesn't overcomplicate what should be a straightforward biographical drama.
Oppenheimer will be fine, pretty straightforward storyline.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:31pm On Dec 31, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Tenet still had so much pull despite its convoluted plot and mixed reception. Ppl still went out of their way to watch the movie despite being in the middle of a bone crushing pandemic.
Almost all movies is guaranteed a certain flop and won't make half as much as that film made. It's a rare surprise.

I believe Oppenheimer would do fine. It doesn't smell like some typical Nolan thinkpiece. It's somewhat a biopic. It should be straightforward, even tho dude might add some special flavor. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by camri: 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
The time is 12am. Happy new year film nerds from abdulyari to purple color to kayooboy to soshin to dundeemoron to oyaskibii to Ibrahimma
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 11:23pm On Dec 31, 2022
SOZINN:
✓✓✓

They are going to ruin this. I guess they'll try to pass " the message " in critical drinkers voice.

It's going to be ruined

(1) (2) (3) ... (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) (3360) ... (3845) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: FergieRaww(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.