Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3754416 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3381) (3382) (3383) (3384) (3385) (3386) (3387) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:08pm On Jan 21, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, they can't stop it. All copyrights ends maximum in 95yrs. Disney really fought tooth and nail to keep Mickey in 76 and 98โ€” winning extensions; but it seems they've accepted their fate on this. They inadvertently also extended copyrights for other titles.
Disney's earliest version of Mickey is entering public domain next year.
Just like Winnie The Pooh entered last year. If you look closely, it's the earlier version of Pooh we're seeing. Not Pooh with the Red shirt and other colored features and big ears.

There's just as few legalities in it, but you can use the earliest version as you like. Just that colored Mickey with the gloves, red and white shirt won't be available soon. It'd still expire at different stages in the future. grin

Snow White and the 7 Dwarves joins public domain in 15yrs or so.
This is what you see with Frankenstein, Dracula, Dorian Gray, Robin Good, Sherlock Holmes etc. Note there are different types of Sherlock and Dracula from different production companies.

I just dey pray make DC get their shรฏt together on time and cash out before Batman and Supes hit PD in the next 12yrs. It'd be funny tho seeing Batman fighting with Guns and killing villains aplenty cos, they are only limited to the earliest version. As well as Superman jumping from one building to another instead of flying. grin grin
So in the next 12 years, Jude OC can finally release a Superman/Batman sapa movie ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Can't wait.

Also, hope to be alive and see WB's take on Mickey Mouse and Disney's take on Bugs Bunny when that one also reaches PD
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kaycee7:
So in the next 12 years, Jude OC can finally release a Superman/Batman sapa movie ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Can't wait.

Also, hope to be alive and see WB's take on Mickey Mouse and Disney's take on Bugs Bunny when that one also reaches PD

So you fvxx with Jude too ๐Ÿคญ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
pu7pl3:

So you fvxx with Jude too ๐Ÿคญ
Yeah. Man's hilarious. You know Ace Vane?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
Baddestguyp:
lmao grin grin

They should bring it back...
Those that have only 1 account will suffer the most...

Some weeks ago...my 3 accounts were banned on the same day

If it's that one I can edit the insults or links I post. Them just dey dash me random ban.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:53pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kaycee7:
Yeah. Man's hilarious. You know Ace Vane?

Yea, I see his stuff once in a while but I have notifications on for Jude๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคญ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:53pm On Jan 21, 2023
This movie went real dark here...wtf sad

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nostradamus1: 8:02pm On Jan 21, 2023
abduleez1:
Anyone Sabi alternatives to sites like Z library?

I just see say yesterday FBI don block site. The anti piracy/copyright push there has been brutal. Na so dem block Hesgoal and a few other popular sites for person.
E be like Tiktok noisemakers don dey use their nonsense trend dey disturb person.
I saw a Z library site, but to download na war.

Cc Oyaskii GloriousGbola
Oceanofpdf is one of the best. Has newer books than Zlibrary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:21pm On Jan 21, 2023
pu7pl3:

Yea, I see his stuff once in a while but I have notifications in for Jude๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคญ
It's the reverse for me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kaycee7:
Can't wait.

Lol, who's Jude OC? Shey na person behind the Dawn of Sapa animated YouTube content I keep seeing this past few weeks?

Lmao, it would be truly interesting to see the takes from this two rival companies. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2023
Jung E.......9/10

Will avoid spoilers...
This movie was totally different from what I expected.
The movie does go dark...exploring some of the side effects of capitalism in a futuristic world where human brain data can be copied into machines

With enough money, people can copy their brain data into machines that are given same rights as human...
However, those who can't afford it will have their autonomy taken away by greedy companies who will use it for whatever means they seek...be it combat type robots or any other form depending on the social situation of the world

I won't talk about the actual plot to avoid spoilers cos anything I say will be spoilers

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, who's Jude OC? Shey na person behind the Dawn of Sapa animated YouTube content I keep seeing this past few weeks?

Lmao, it would be truly interesting to see the takes from this two rival companies. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…
Yeah. That's Jude OC
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 9:21am On Jan 22, 2023
๐ŸŽฅ JUNG-E (2023) = 6/10 โœ”๏ธ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:11am On Jan 22, 2023
LMFAO.... This people with Tom Cruise campaign again. It's tiring. ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿคก

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:16am On Jan 22, 2023
Disney quickly strategizing.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:17am On Jan 22, 2023
China has some interesting titles this year....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2023
abduleez1:
LMFAO.... This people with Tom Cruise campaign again. It's tiring. ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿคก

man deserves an industry award for making the box office great again and saving the industry

if not for the success of top gun, avatar may have been on ice until possible safe release period

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2023
That was fast....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:40am On Jan 22, 2023
GloriousGbola:

man deserves an industry award for making the box office great again and saving the industry

if not for the success of top gun, avatar may have been on ice until possible safe release period

Nah, I don't think so. No Way Home and The Batman already saving industry with their bare backs and proving movies can be great again.
He can be rewarded for another role but getting noms just because he's liked and in a popular film doesn't sit well with me when there's other more deserving personalities.

If Top Gun should get a nom for that performance then Robert Pattinson should be miles ahead. As well as Robert Downey Jr getting honoured for such Cinematic masterpiece in Infinity War and Endgame.

Nope, Avatar was gonna release nevertheless, and industry already showed signs of recovery long before Top Gun. Avatar 2 was suppose to release in 2021 but was shifted so NWH could breathe. Also, Avatar shift then affected Disney's release slate majorly.
Anyways, with BAFTA largely ignoring the movie I can hope Oscars do the same. ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stonemind(f): 11:23am On Jan 22, 2023
abduleez1:
China has some interesting titles this year....

I beg where can someone get/download Chinese movies?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BeanX(m): 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
abduleez1:
Janelle suffry na.... Ma kpa mi na. ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜
E be like say na lesbian she be ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2023
abduleez1:
That was fast....
The plan was always for a short theatrical run before VOD, besides the budget was $12m and they have more than $100m at the BO already meaning they have recouped almost x10 of the budget. A win win situation here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2023
BeanX:
E be like say na lesbian she be ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’

I heard so. Still, e no concern me. I wanna STRAIGHThen her up. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿคค

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:59pm On Jan 22, 2023
stonemind:

I beg where can someone get/download Chinese movies?

You can get some at Pahe dot li
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2023
oyaskii:
The plan was always for a short theatrical run before VOD, besides the budget was $12m and they have more than $100m at the BO already meaning they have recouped almost x10 of the budget. A win win situation here.

True sha. I was thinking prolly early February.
All that money ain't going to the production company tho.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2023
The Battle at Lake Changjin 2 ......7.5/10

This was a wild ride. The first half of the film wasn't as interesting or captivating as the first movie, but when it got to the later parts of the film, the stakes were higher, the deaths more grueling and eventually drawing out emotions.

Imagine being the only surviving member in a company of 157 soldiers. Must be traumatizing alongside losing a brother.
If the Chinese had similar weaponry in tow or close to what the Yankees had, the battle would have been easier and evenly balanced. But it is what it is. Most likely played a role in the Middle Kingdom's increasingly militaristic nature.

It's a great military movie and easily showcases how possessing advanced technology helps makes things easier.
Still, the movie highlights the importance of doggedness, high morale, dedication and good military tactical knowledge in overcoming advanced technology with sheer numbers.
That's why dem dey advise some countries to invest in modernization and at some point, not entirely reliant on weapons produced in another country. If not, na your troops go hear am las las when that time reach.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stonemind(f): 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2023
abduleez1:

You can get some at Pahe dot li

Someone can't even download on that useless site jeez๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BeanX(m): 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2023
abduleez1:

I heard so. Still, e no concern me. I wanna STRAIGHThen her up. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿคค
Na if she go ever look your side be that cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatdesi(m): 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2023
Baddestguyp:
This movie went real dark here...wtf sad

Is this Jung E?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2023
Greatdesi:
Is this Jung E?
yes
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2023
stonemind:

or just say you don't know how to
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:15pm On Jan 22, 2023
stonemind:

Lol, na you no Sabi use am. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 22, 2023
BeanX:
Na if she go ever look your side be that cheesy

Shey you dey underestimate me ni? ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿง๐Ÿ˜

(1) (2) (3) ... (3381) (3382) (3383) (3384) (3385) (3386) (3387) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Baddestguyp(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.