Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3725960 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3394) (3395) (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:54am On Feb 01, 2023
Kaycee7:
Family time
Is thanks giving time. Lol

Kaycee7 took first bite, he says grace. 😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 8:01am On Feb 01, 2023
Searching 2018

Can't believe I'm just watching this masterpiece for the first time.

The twist at the end was epic....

Now I'm definitely awaiting Missing 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:25am On Feb 01, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

I also love the decision. Time for the Batfamily to be properly introduced and acknowledged.

Tbh, I don't really give two fvvks about Tim Drake. grin He's prolly the least popular. He's well liked unlike Damien but doesn't seem to have that complicated personality edge like the others.

Are you happy now it's Chapter One of the new DCU and not Phase one. grin grin

Yes oh
I smiled when he said "chapter 1" instead of "phase 1"
it shows he is actively striving to be original and it gives me confidence.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 8:28am On Feb 01, 2023
😅😉😉
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 8:35am On Feb 01, 2023
🎥 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022) = 5/10

Took me nearly 2 days to complete.

Too 🧒🏻 childish, femcentric and overrated. This is why no one takes black people seriously. 🤡

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:37am On Feb 01, 2023
DCU Chapter One: Gods and Monsters
Films
Superman: Legacy
General Synopsis: The start of the DCU but not an origin story for Superman. The film will follow the younger days of Clark Kent as he balances his “Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing.” James Gunn is writing the script for Superman: Legacy and Peter Safran hopes Gunn will direct too. That role is yet to be officially decided though. A separate Superman movie produced by J.J. Abrams and written by Ta-Nehsi Coates remains in development and will exist under the DC Elseworlds banner should it move forward. Superman: Legacy will lead into the next DCU film, The Authority.

Release Date: July 11, 2025

The Authority
General Synopsis: The second film in the DCU is the cinematic introduction of The Authority, a team of superheroes with a less-than-idealistic approach to saving the world. The team was first introduced under the Wildstorm imprint at DC Comics in 1999 by Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch and was later folded into the main DC Universe during the New 52 initiative in 2011. The team is mainly composed of characters from Ellis’ other team named Stormwatch. The Authority will explore the gray morality of crime-fighting when questionable heroes take matters into their own hands. The film is currently being written by a mystery writer.

Release Date: TBA

The Brave and the Bold
General Synopsis: The Brave and the Bold will introduce the Bat Family to the DCU. The film will focus on Batman’s relationship with Robin, who will be the fifth incarnation of the character Damien Wayne instead of Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, or Jason Todd. This will feature a new iteration of Batman entirely separate from Robert Pattinson and Ben Affleck’s take on the character. James Gunn and Peter Safran say Damien Wayne is their favorite version of Robin, calling him an “assassin” and “a little son of a bitch.”The Brave and the Bold is said to be heavily inspired by Grant Morrison’s prolific comic run on the caped crusader as well as Tom King’s, focusing on Bruce and Damien’s father-son dynamics. The Brave and the Bold will lead into the next DCU film, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow.

Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow
General Synopsis: The next solo film of Superman’s cousin Kara Zor-El aka Supergirl. Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow will be based on Tom King’s comic run of the same name from 2021 and 2022. It’s currently unknown if this film will feature the same version of the character played by Sasha Calle in The Flash. James Gunn describes this version of Supergirl as “much more hardcore” and is supposed to contrast with the new version of Superman that will be introduced in the DCU.

Swamp Thing
General Synopsis: The next attempt to bring Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing to the big screen. Swamp Thing is said to dive deeper into horror than any other DCU project as fans explore the origins of the titular monster. The character is still planned to interact with the other regular heroes of the DCU since this “mashup quality” proved to work well for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The Batman Part II (Elseworlds)
General Synopsis: The much-anticipated sequel to The Batman. Matt Reeves will once again direct and is currently writing the script.

Release Date: October 3, 2025

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by seankafor(m): 11:43am On Feb 01, 2023
Black panther is shit
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:52am On Feb 01, 2023
seankafor:
Black panther is shit
I didn't bother to download it yet...
I downloaded Babylon instead...

Babylon seems like a good movie but so far it's drawn out...
It's pretty long and I'm sure audiences felt it...

The first 30mins scenes before the title screen could have taken like 15mins

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 11:54am On Feb 01, 2023
Legion of Superheroes is out y'all fellow DC fans....
Great week of entertainment. cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 12:37pm On Feb 01, 2023
GRIMMJOE:
The point is, an anime made profit on a low budget, yet almighty Hollywood is seriously struggling with movie ticket, make of what you will of that information.

Lol, Hollywood has lots of examples such as this. You're the one not looking deep enough.

There's Joker that was made for $60mn and made over $1bn. There's tons of horror films with similar success. The Conjuring Universe is basically with the same success story as these anime films you talking about.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 12:39pm On Feb 01, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

Lol, Hollywood has lots of examples such as this. You're the one not looking deep enough.

There's Joker that was made for $60mn and made over $1bn. There's tons of horror films with similar success. The Conjuring Universe is basically with the same success story as these anime films you talking about.

The successful horror movie always has mad return on investment as it is invariably a niche low budget movie that hammered.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 1:11pm On Feb 01, 2023
Jung E is 2/10 for me.

Movie Is Just out of reality, it totally makes no sense and logic.
Even science will testify that it makes no logic.
Like everything in the movie will never happen as long as this world Is concern.

Even though we know super heroes movies like wonder woman, spider man etc are not realistic. This robot in Jung E is out of logic.

Only thing i enjoyed in the movie is that director that turned out to be robot, the guy is Funny as fork😁😁😁 apart from that, the movie is bullshit.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by freezyprinzy(m): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2023
Black panther forever 5/10. Stupid stupid movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2023
OhBritannia:
Jung E is 2/10 for me.

Movie Is Just out of reality, it totally makes no sense and logic.
Even science will testify that it makes no logic.
Like everything in the movie will never happen as long as this world Is concern.

Even though we know super heroes movies like wonder woman, spider man etc are not realistic. This robot in Jung E is out of logic.

Only thing i enjoyed in the movie is that director that turned out to be robot, the guy is Funny as fork😁😁😁 apart from that, the movie is bullshit.
A science-fiction movie is unrealistic...
Wow...who knew
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 3:15pm On Feb 01, 2023
Baddestguyp:
A science-fiction movie is unrealistic...
Wow...who knew
Almost all movies are fiction, except for a few that's a True life story.
The movie is fiction doesn't mean it should not be realistic.
Atleast make it make sense so that the audience can relate.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamL(f): 3:41pm On Feb 01, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
I think it will be a box office hit, it has made $26 million so far and today is the third day of it release.
Let's watch and see.
🙂🙂

Its already breaking records. I am happy for SRK but I don't want it to break KGF 2 records.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2023
OhBritannia:
Almost all movies are fiction, except for a few that's a True life story.
The movie is fiction doesn't mean it should not be realistic.
Atleast make it make sense so that the audience can relate.

your statement is vague...
What exactly doesn't make sense about the movie?

You need to specify so we can understand you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 5:30pm On Feb 01, 2023
Baddestguyp:
your statement is vague...
What exactly doesn't make sense about the movie?

You need to specify so we can understand you
You haven't seen the movie and yet my statement is vague.

Some of y'all try to do to much in this thread.
I don't know if it's because of relevance or because you think you know too much.

You even haven't seen the movie and yet my statement is vague.

Na wa. Try get knowledge of matter before you put mouth because if you really are intelligent, you will know i am trying to avoid spoilers since it's a new movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2023
OhBritannia:
You haven't seen the movie and yet my statement is vague.

Some of y'all try to do to much in this thread.
I don't know if it's because of relevance or because you think you know too much.

You even haven't seen the movie and yet my statement is vague.

Na wa. Try get knowledge of matter before you put mouth because if you really are intelligent, you will know i am trying to avoid spoilers since it's a new movie.

who told you I haven't seen it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Jung E.......9/10

Will avoid spoilers...
This movie was totally different from what I expected.
The movie does go dark...exploring some of the side effects of capitalism in a futuristic world where human brain data can be copied into machines

With enough money, people can copy their brain data into machines that are given same rights as human...
However, those who can't afford it will have their autonomy taken away by greedy companies who will use it for whatever means they seek...be it combat type robots or any other form depending on the social situation of the world

I won't talk about the actual plot to avoid spoilers cos anything I say will be spoilers
OhBritannia

I have seen the movie...why I asked you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2023
Baddestguyp:
OhBritannia

I have seen the movie...why I asked you
Does your explanation of the movie makes sense to you?

Copying brain data into machines that are giving same as human rights.

Does this really makes sense to you or you think life is about what you see in movies or computer games.
It's simply not going to happen, that kind of technology will never ever happen because humans have souls.
Computer don't have souls.

Can you transfer someone's soul into a computer?

Zombie movies like residents evil makes more sense than this one.

You should know why i say the movie defy logic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2023
Baddestguyp:
who told you I haven't seen it?
The movie is crap. For entertainment purpose, one can watch it but i like movies that are realistic even if it's fiction at least make it make sense.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2023
Potential violence brewing 🤔?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2023
Baddestguyp:
The Authority
General Synopsis: The second film in the DCU is the cinematic introduction of The Authority, a team of superheroes with a less-than-idealistic approach to saving the world. The team was first introduced under the Wildstorm imprint at DC Comics in 1999 by Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch and was later folded into the main DC Universe during the New 52 initiative in 2011. The team is mainly composed of characters from Ellis’ other team named Stormwatch. The Authority will explore the gray morality of crime-fighting when questionable heroes take matters into their own hands. The film is currently being written by a mystery writer.

Expect some gay sh|t in this one.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 10thDentist: 6:34pm On Feb 01, 2023
phr0nesis:

Expect some gay sh|t in this one.
Expect some gay shit in all movies going forward now. wink
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:46pm On Feb 01, 2023
OhBritannia:

Does this really makes sense to you or you think life is about what you see in movies or computer games.
It's simply not going to happen, that kind of technology will never ever happen because humans have souls.

have you watched Pantheon?

Many here have watched that show? The show is very highly rated...and it's about uploaded intelligence...
People upload their minds to the cloud...it's a form of eternal life/ preserving valuable brains

Again, Jung E is science fiction...
Copying brain data and uploading it into a robotic body is science-fiction and the concept in itself is nothing new in science fiction movies

Just say science fiction movies aren't for you...instead of a criticizing a movie for employing a normal sci-fi concept

It's like saying Superhero movies don't make sense just because you don't like Superheroes...wtf

It's funny how you said it doesn't make sense...
But AVATAR that makes 2bn makes sense?

The concept of Jung E and Avatar are not exactly the same but they do have similarities...
Both have to do with controlling artificial bodies...just that Avatar is done while the person is alive
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2023
10thDentist:
Expect some gay shit in all movies going forward now. wink
Mehn our eyes will see things
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:16pm On Feb 01, 2023
Mario Puzo's The Godfather (1972)

Look how they massacred my boy!

I copped a remastered version of this mobster cult classic recently and i am reminded once again why this is such an all time gem.

It faithfully tells a story about the Corleone family, a scilian mafia family in New york headed by Don Vito Corleone played by Marlon Brando and i don't think they could have casted the character better, his voice sounding like he had a gum in it all through and his mannerism can never be duplicated and he duly bagged an oscar for the role which he sadly declined in protest.

At the centre of the Corleone family is a budding Michael Corleone played by a very young Al Pacino, whose descent into the mobster ways of the family comes from a place not so evil. He starts by just wanting to protect his family, then begins to justify actions against crooked cops and vicious mobsters. That slippery slope, that corruption of purity, it's a tale as old as time, the original sin if you will. The Godfather tells this over an extended time period. It is not a film of constant movement, it is one of set pieces with huge jumps in between. Every moment counts. Every shot is among the greatest of all time. Every scene avoids patronising or insulting the audience. It is all excellent. The final act sees Micheal Corleone been handed the riens of the family as "Don". The scene that morphed him into the dark side completely was a thing of cinematic beauty, Two scenes juxtaposing each other, One of the scene shows Michael Corleone literally renouncing the Devil in Church and the other scene showing his caporegime eliminating the five dons of the other mafia families and all the other enemies of the Corleone family on his orders. The scenes were creatively poetic as it was religiously devilish!.

For that era, The cast, the score, the cinematography , set design and costume were just too good, laid the marker for future mobster flick to come...Peak cinematic feature if you will! and it has a score of 100% on one of the most ruthless critic panels ever, Metacritic, and That says alot!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:24pm On Feb 01, 2023
oyaskii:
Mario Puzo's The Godfather (1972)

Look how they massacred my boy!

I copped a remastered version of this mobster cult classic recently and i am reminded once again why this is such an all time gem.

It faithfully tells a story about the Corleone family, a scilian mafia family in New york headed by Don Vito Corleone played by Marlon Brando and i don't think they could have casted the character better, his voice sounding like he had a gum in it all through and his mannerism can never be duplicated and he duly bagged an oscar for the role which he sadly declined in protest.

At the centre of the Corleone family is a budding Michael Corleone played by a very young Al Pacino, whose descent into the mobster ways of the family comes from a place not so evil. He starts by just wanting to protect his family, then begins to justify actions against crooked cops and vicious mobsters. That slippery slope, that corruption of purity, it's a tale as old as time, the original sin if you will. The Godfather tells this over an extended time period. It is not a film of constant movement, it is one of set pieces with huge jumps in between. Every moment counts. Every shot is among the greatest of all time. Every scene avoids patronising or insulting the audience. It is all excellent. The final act sees Micheal Corleone been handed the riens of the family as "Don". The scene that morphed him into the dark side completely was a thing of cinematic beauty, Two scenes juxtaposing each other, One of the scene shows Michael Corleone literally renouncing the Devil in Church and the other scene showing his caporegime eliminating the five dons of the other mafia families and all the other enemies of the Corleone family on his orders. The scenes were creatively poetic as it was religiously devilish!.

For that era, The cast, the score, the cinematography , set design and costume were just too good, laid the marker for future mobster flick to come...Peak cinematic feature if you will! and it has a score of 100% on one of the most ruthless critic panels ever, Metacritic, and That says alot!

the books are masterpieces...

I only read the first book and it's on my all time list of beat novels I've ever seen...
Including some Sydney Sheldon

Mario Puzo and Sydney Sheldon write in similar ways imo

Anyway the movie is a masterpiece...same as the Novel

If you read novels, you should check out James Hadley Chase novels and Sydney Sheldon novels

I've read all of Sheldon and almost all of JHC
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2023
OhBritannia:

Take deep breaths.

It's fiction.

It doesn't have to fit into your belief or logic.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:50pm On Feb 01, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:
Searching 2018

Can't believe I'm just watching this masterpiece for the first time.

The twist at the end was epic....

Now I'm definitely awaiting Missing 2023

MAY. 2023. 😭😭😭

(1) (2) (3) ... (3394) (3395) (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.