Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3729518 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3402) (3403) (3404) (3405) (3406) (3407) (3408) ... (3829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ValeeLove(m): 8:36pm On Feb 05, 2023
Gmajor:

You no sabi watch film
I don't know how you want me to watch the film again. A movie were they literally used "nothing makes sense" as a cheap way to cover up the full blown silliness and ridiculousness littered all over it? And the end point was what, another excuse to promote same sex romance? Haba!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:39pm On Feb 05, 2023
Sniper101:

This movie is still not on Netflix yet.
WHY?

I really don't understand.

It's on disney
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:39pm On Feb 05, 2023
oyaskii:
"Brotherhood" 2022

"Nollywood flick? AK-47? RPG? Exploding cars? Grappling hook gun? Smoke grenade?... Micheal Bay come outside now!

This Nollywood take at the heist genre piqued my interest and i am left more than half satisfied.

The directing and cinematography was so good done by a budding film maker from Uganda, Loukman Ali, who i have a lot of respect and hope for. you can see a clear difference with proper action sequence and use of Hollywood level action props.

The writing was done by Jadesola Osiberu who did "Isoken" (2017), and it showed that his niche is most likely Romance/Drama caused he almost ruin the movie it a romance sappy side plot.

The cast was mix of ex BBN alumni and established actors. I doubt if actors in this clime get coaching or attend film schools. Only Tobi Bakare and OC Ukeje stood out well enough with thier acting and gave a convincing interpretation of thier roles. Absolutely loving the love for Pidgin English as a norm for dialogues in our movies lately, another brilliant poignant use of it here.

The score was perfect and akin well enough to what is obtainable in a top tier action flick. A roommate of mine from UNI was part of the sound engineering team and they did a great job.

The problem i had with Shanty Town ( 2023) still cropped up here, they made the ending act so ambiguous to stick a proper landing, and they just resulted putting something about what happened to the characters that is even more ambiguous on the post credit.

All in All, it is a very decent watch and the nice action sequence and directing is enough to see it through. Nollywood has my full attention in 2023 ⚠️.

Bro do you still have this in your Google drive?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2023
abduleez1:

Everyone knows no matter the lie they want to tell themselves that DC has no equal in terms of storytelling. It's only the Cinematic universe with tons of connected films and characters that we falter in.

Anyways, with James Gunn and Peter Safran we're already seeing true hype and excitement is back at DC in general. Even the comics division is enjoying after James promotion of the comics that might inspire the new DCU. They're selling out on online stores. Almost every one of them.

We might have future issues with Gunn and Safran down the line but the duo's heart is in the right place and it shows they truly know and value their source material. There is nothing as exciting to see than a filmmaker respecting the source material of his projects. That's what gets you loyal fanbases.
Fingers crossed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 8:41pm On Feb 05, 2023
pu7pl3:

Verifiedstalin? 😏
LoL....No
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2023
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever....3/10

A pointless movie, characters felt bland and unlikeable, acting lame...
It was so hard to get invested into the story.... nothing made sense...
The so called threat they were building up felt lame...

Apparently some weak guys who can barely survive on dry land and run around with spears are supposed to somehow be a threat to the entire world? Their only notable force is Namor himself

Also Wakanda who are respected as a world power and possibly the strongest nation in the world are made to look so weak wtf...

The way the entire issue was resolved felt so weak...it felt like some pointless "in-between" movie that was only made to usher in future movies...

The entire movie felt like some feminist wànk
The attempts at creating emotional scenes fell flat...the acting was below average for the most part

The CGI felt like some low budget shii...Marvel needs to really start giving their CGI guys time to work on movies...no wonder they're complaining about overwork...

Maybe the experience would have been different watching in a cinema...but watching at home, only Marvel fanboys and dîck-riders will find this movie enjoyable

If you're looking for a quick way to sleep, forget about ASMR...this movie does the job faster

It took me about 4 days to complete this movie...

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:03pm On Feb 05, 2023
Dark October.

The story was simple and straightforward. Young boys aspiring musicians and students cut down before the prime of their lives following a false accusation by an debtor who claimed they are robbers and despite all evidence to the contrary the townsfolk led by the vigilante head was determined to have their blood to slake his thirst

I understand why the family asked for the film not to be released. It would really open up wounds that are trying to heal. I remember how this event mentally traumatised me and from time to time over the years I randomly remember it. I remember how nairaland was on fire that evening, how I realised that some people aren't actually human beings.

Thinking deeply about this I cannot seem to come to a conclusion if it would be better to forget or never forget what occurred.

Anyway it's out there now and no taking it back.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
Flamemignon1:

LoL....No

It's you man quit it 🧐
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:09pm On Feb 05, 2023
pu7pl3:

It's you man quit it 🧐

Lol, nah.
This ain't old Stalin's MO. It's a different account.
I've known the moniker for a while.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ilamina(f): 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2023
The best thread on nairaland
You guys are doing a great job here

Very detailed, rich and cool

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ilamina(f): 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2023
Fifty shades of grey

One of the best luxury films in the world
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2023
This kind friendzoned wey Nellie put Manny inside.😁

Hope he doesn't give her the money.

Modified: shit, dude offered to clean her mess.😏
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2023
Okay, I'm calling it.

Manny is a simp. 😥
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 12:56am On Feb 06, 2023
pu7pl3:

It's you man quit it 🧐
Woah,no it's not. Have you even searched my moniker to at least know who I am? I'm nothing like Verifiedstalin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by seankafor(m): 9:45am On Feb 06, 2023
Dark October

Good storyline by Linda..

I'll give it 8/10

Made me research more about the killing..

I hope the parents of the deceased are paid some homage and respect before the production of this movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 10:19am On Feb 06, 2023
Ilamina:
Fifty shades of grey

One of the best luxury films in the world
really
what exactly do you like about the movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2023
Teen Wolf: 4/10.... This seemed more like Adult Wolf, frankly speaking this movie shouldn't have been made.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 10:47am On Feb 06, 2023
Dark October :6/10.
Considering it's based off actually events i think Linda should have cast experienced actors for roles of this movie.

These are the kind of stories that evokes strong chills and a whole lot of emotions, that you might even shed a tear or two, but unfortunately the cast didn't do justice to the story at all. If you have seen the likes of Till, Detroit, The 24th you would understand were I am coming from.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 11:12am On Feb 06, 2023
Unpopular opinion

Wakanda Forever is better than Black Panther 1.
I didn't really enjoy the first BB and I thought it was very mid. However, saying that Wakanda Forever is better than BB is not high praise.
most marvel movies and series in phase 4 are just stale, unfunny, poorly paced, poorly written garbage and this is a marvel movie in phase 4, so as they say, a snake must always get birth to something long.
The goods
the acting was mostly good, the cinematography was competent. Atlantis looked cool. The backstory for Atlantis was also good. Namor was also an interesting character and antagonist.

The not so goods
like a typical marvel movie, a lot of things don't really make a lot of sense
like;
why t'chala would keep his sickness to himself. That makes absolutely no sense
why would he also try to hide his bastard son. Who is he hiding him from? also, why wasn't Shuri aware? I know the queen was about to tell her before Namor arrived, but still, why is she just finding out?
etc etc. you get the point.

I also find it incredibly funny that the most fearsome army in the world uses spares to fight and can't easily defeat a primitive army even with the healing factor taken into consideration.
heck, even Lupita killed one of them using some sort of gun with one shot.

5.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:30am On Feb 06, 2023
Gmajor:
Unpopular opinion

Wakanda Forever is better than Black Panther 1.
I didn't really enjoy the first BB and I thought it was very mid. However, saying that Wakanda Forever is better than BB is not high praise.
most marvel movies and series in phase 4 are just stale, unfunny, poorly paced, poorly written garbage and this is a marvel movie in phase 4, so as they say, a snake must always get birth to something long.
The goods
the acting was mostly good, the cinematography was competent. Atlantis looked cool. The backstory for Atlantis was also good. Namor was also an interesting character and antagonist.

The not so goods
like a typical marvel movie, a lot of things don't really make a lot of sense
like;
why t'chala would keep his sickness to himself. That makes absolutely no sense
why would he also try to hide his bastard son. Who is he hiding him from? also, why wasn't Shuri aware? I know the queen was about to tell her before Namor arrived, but still, why is she just finding out?
etc etc. you get the point.

I also find it incredibly funny that the most fearsome army in the world uses spares to fight and can't easily defeat a primitive army even with the healing factor taken into consideration.
heck, even Lupita killed one of them using some sort of gun with one shot.

5.5/10

I mentioned this same thing...
Several times it was stated that the Wakandas are a world power and "the most powerful nation in the world"

Yet they kept losing to a bunch of spear-wielding army lmao...
Even Namor felt like a clown to me by thinking he could wage war on the surface world with his weak-as-fûck army lmao

If anything, it felt like some tribal warfare between two small ancient villages (with a few amateur guns and jets)

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2023
iamL:

I hope it works well for him this year.
As for tiger 3 I am not a fan of salman so I won't bother, he his the only India actor whose movie I don't watch. Yes srk will make a cameo appearance in it.
Really? you don't watch Salman Khan's movies? what about Aamir Khan?

You should watch both Tiger one and 2 and you will change your mind, Salman is one of the top Bollywood legend, infact the 3 Khan's, both him Sharukh and Aamir are the biggest and very popular stars in india and the world.

Pathaan is doing big numbers, it has made $100 million so far, reaching $150 million isn't that far, maybe before the end of this month.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2023
Black Panther - Wakanda Forever

• First off the accent was a mess. As an African I've never seen someone try to represent my culture and fail so badly at it. The whole thing sounds like a mix, this second you'll hear Nigerian and in the same sentence you'll hear Ghanian or even Kenyan. In my opinion they should have just picked one and worked with it, it would have sounded a bit more organized to me. I think they had good trainers, the mix was the problem.

• Overall it was an ok story. It had it's inconsistencies but I don't believe anyone would notice without careful observation or a rewatch. Kudos to Ryan Coogler for having to rewrite the entire thing after Chadwick passed as fast as possible just to be able to meet the deadline. He was still able to come up with something decent.

• The action sequences were well done. The movie makes you wait for the action but when it comes its worth the wait. It was near perfect the only drawback were those scenes with the Dora Milaje. Their reflexes and fighting style didn't match what was given to me to work with in the movie. It was a little over done. However, Namor's action sequences deserve special praise. When he is out utilizing what he has to do what he wants it's really badass. They paid special attention to detail again and that's one of the reasons I like marvel. The final showdown was cool, there was a bit of lazy writing there but it was a cool ending to a movie that had viewers stressed out with its overly long duration.

• A good 20 minutes could have been cut out from this movie. Not that the fluff did not make sense but they should have just cut some of it and put it in the dialogue. That would have taken the dialogue to a higher grade. It had a very average dialogue and with the accent falling apart, it made me cringe sometimes.

• The set design is the second best part of the movie and this was a downgrade from what we got in the first installment but I'll take it. I didn't like Wakanda's design as it was a bit smaller but Talokan did put a smile on my face, they weren't trying to be Atlantis. I read some reviews where the writers expressed disappointment in Talokans technology and I think they were wrong to feel that way. Atlantis was already a civilization reaching serious grounds in technological advancement before they went underwater while Talokan were just some Mexican scavengers. I'm glad with what they were able to build but I'm also grateful they didn't over do it. The costumes were actually quite good, I have a problem with Iron Heart but that's a personal issue.

• The music was fuckîng amazing and they'll live rent free in my phone. That's all I'll say.

• The acting was fire. All the nominations they were getting were well deserved. Letitia Wright had to step up in this movie and she did. Comparing her work in this movie to the previous one - this was one hell of an upgrade. Everyone else put in a good show, I wish to see all of them in the next one. I think they should keep Ryan. I still hold the opinion that Evans could have given us a better Namor but I understand why Tenoch was cast and I can work with him. He's not a bad actor. This movie wasn't better than the first one, but I think with everything that has happened we should cut them some slack. They just need to go back, clear their heads and give us something better to complete the trilogy. I think they're a solid team and they can do it if given the chance. I love the fact that Talokan is now in the picture and I want to see what Shuri and Namor can build in the coming flick.

Well + and - everything, I think the movie deserves a C. Thor Love and Thunder along with Black Adam are still the worst comic book movies I had to endure in 2022. Spider-Man No Way Home still has the throne in Phase 4.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2023
The matrix Resurrection is 7/10 for me.

It's nice to have a feel of the matrix again.
Totally enjoyed the movie, honestly i have no complain.
The fight scenes and everything were perfect, there is something very likeable about the trinity character, like you just want to be seeing her on the screen always, seeing her gave me nostalgic feelings about the First matrix movie.

The new asian actress played her role well too and it's nice to see some new faces, i hope this isn't the last of the matrix.
We need atleast one more again.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2023
pu7pl3:

Verifiedstalin? 😏

He's nothing like me, Chief.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2023
VerifiedStalin:

He's nothing like me, Chief.

😏😏
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
pu7pl3:

😏😏

Lol, you still dey dis matter? 😀
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 6:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
isn't it weird that none of the remaining avengers attended T'chala's burial?
not even Bucky?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 6:21pm On Feb 06, 2023
SOZINN:

Well + and - everything, I think the movie deserves a C. Thor Love and Thunder along with Black Adam are still the worst comic book movies I had to endure in 2022. Spider-Man No Way Home still has the throne in Phase 4.

Morbius was released last year nah. are these movies worse than Morbius?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2023
OhBritannia:

The fight scenes and everything were perfect, there is something very likeable about the trinity character, like you just want to be seeing her on the screen always, seeing her gave me nostalgic feelings about the First matrix movie.

The new asian actress played her role well too and it's nice to see some new faces, i hope this isn't the last of the matrix.
Nothing new happened, that's my only issue with the movie, just like Teen Wolf, they played it too save, banking on nostalgia and flashbacks.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2023
OhBritannia:

wow!
I cant believe that some people unironically enjoyed this movie
kudos to you

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gmajor:
isn't it weird that none of the remaining avengers attended T'chala's burial?
not even Bucky?
Asoebi no reach them 😁

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2023
The Menu (2022) : 6.5/10

Anya Taylor joy is the only reason I watched this movie, too bad she have nearly finish her face with plastic surgery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3402) (3403) (3404) (3405) (3406) (3407) (3408) ... (3829) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Davidzy23(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.