Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3763568 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3426) (3427) (3428) (3429) (3430) (3431) (3432) ... (3838) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:18am On Feb 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:
woke town criers and cancel culture in the mud

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
They need to cry more to keep this franchise down. I've always said it that, when people really love a franchise, they'd come back for more and pay premium. Just make sure it's really good.

Fantastic Beasts struggling is because the movies ain't strong in any way not because of any stupid cancel culture shΓ―t. People dey shout Ezra Miller and Johnny Depp that time. The films just weren't good.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:36am On Feb 24, 2023
Brace yourselves.... 😁

Bear dey "find purpose in Life".... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:55am On Feb 24, 2023
abduleez1:
Brace yourselves.... 😁

Hmmm... The ratings for this has been so unstable since last night, it was 100% on RT critics score.and 4/10 on IMDB only for it to be 71% and 6.8/10 on IMDB.

Classic VOD movie for me so na to just chill πŸ™ƒ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:17am On Feb 24, 2023
oyaskii:
Hmmm... The ratings for this has been so unstable since last night, it was 100% on RT critics score.and 4/10 on IMDB only for it to be 71% and 6.8/10 on IMDB.

Lol, me I sha know say the film go entertaining sha. This one no be wetin I go dey use Quentin Tarrantino eye dey look.
I feel it will be enjoyable and prolly around the early 70% approval rating. It's still early sha.

Na this one make some DC fans dey campaign make she direct Wonder Woman TV show... Make dem no let me swear for person papa. πŸ™ƒ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:53am On Feb 24, 2023
Nothing beats good old Catholic Supernatural horror.
This is what I live for.... Bring it on!!! grin grin cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJXqvnT_rsk

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
abduleez1:
Brace yourselves.... 😁

Cocaine is wonderful grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
abduleez1:
Nothing beats good old Catholic Supernatural horror.
This is what I live for.... Bring it on!!! grin grin cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJXqvnT_rsk
cool. Very cool. But it kinda bring back the vibe of the excorcism of Emily Rose.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olufemilite: 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:36pm On Feb 24, 2023
ShaqFu:
cool. Very cool. But it kinda bring back the vibe of the excorcism of Emily Rose.

Yea, it's very similar. Except this one looks slightly larger in scale.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 5:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
abduleez1:

Yea, it's very similar. Except this one looks slightly larger in scale.
who are you voting 2moro
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:02pm On Feb 24, 2023
β€˜AQUAMAN: THE LOST KINGDOM’ is reported to have had test screenings and reactions have people calling it the β€œWorst DCEU Movie Ever”.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by typicalgamer(m): 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:
β€˜AQUAMAN: THE LOST KINGDOM’ is reported to have had test screenings and reactions have people calling it the β€œWorst DCEU Movie Ever”.

Quantanmania 2.0 ?

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:32pm On Feb 24, 2023
typicalgamer:

Quantanmania 2.0 ?
lol...
Let's wait and see
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 9:07pm On Feb 24, 2023
abduleez1:
Brace yourselves.... 😁

Woke agenda

grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
potland:
who are you voting 2moro

Right. And you expect me to tell you. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2023
abduleez1:

Right. And you expect me to tell you. grin grin
no go vote nonsense oh
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
Cocaine is wonderful grin

I tell you bruh.... grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
potland:
no go vote nonsense oh

Not your concern bro. wink
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
Apocalypse Now.... 7.5/10

Mehn, 3 solid hours of grueling watch. It's an interesting watch about the weariness of war and it's dangerous consequences over time.

Marlon Brando does well to portray the mystical Colonel gone insane. It was gritty, dark and gloomy.
Oh, the horror. πŸ™ƒ

Still, I prefer Platoon (1986) to it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ellexy: 10:30pm On Feb 24, 2023

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:48pm On Feb 24, 2023
abduleez1:
Apocalypse Now.... 7.5/10

Mehn, 3 solid hours of grueling watch. It's an interesting watch about the weariness of war and it's dangerous consequences over time.

Marlon Brando does well to portray the mystical Colonel gone insane. It was gritty, dark and gloomy.
Oh, the horror. πŸ™ƒ

Still, I prefer Platoon (1986) to it.
Same here. They lost me in the 3rd act. Even though I love how all 3 acts feel like you're watching different movies. Sometimes I remember something from one part of the movie and I'm like "wait, this was also in Apocalypse Now?".
I think I'll put Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket over Platoon and Apocalypse.

Trivia: Did you recognize a VERY young Laurence Fishburne in the movie?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
RE:Avengers: Infinity War (2018).

Your Optimism is misplaced, Asgardian!

Needed to cleanse my eyes off that quantum hullabaloo i saw last week and remind myself how good MCU used to be, so i decided to see this again for the upteenth time.

This was the peak of the MCU brand, they will never rise as high as this ever again i am afraid. A perfect CBM in every sense of the notion. The buildup from previous MCU movies leading up to it was unprecedented, it was like a puzzle, each piece from each preceding movie completing a Jigsaw that paid off hugely in the end , whilst introducing the Villian... unknown in the shadows but you could sense the fear.

I am a firm believer that a good CBM movie is only as good as its Villian and Boy did The mad titan deliver. Josh Brolin as Thanos, was some of the best villainous persona in movies across genres i have ever set my eyes on, He was fully up to what he was hyped up to be and as a good side bonus, he was dropping gem quotes like a careless jeweller, I was totally aligned with his goals ngl, albeit he went about it in the crudest way possible. To put it plainly, the performance was epic, made for the darkest and grittiest MCU movie till date, no time for that pulpy hero save the day shii we were used to before then in previous MCU instalment, simply went about his business of turning half of the world to dust, so the other half can smile πŸ™ƒ, to buttress this point forward, After Thanos, seemingly achieved his goal at the end, a macabre score played out during the end credit scene...dark...cold....gloomy personified.

No wonder it was hugely successful critically and financially. A perfect motion picture true and true, and I can't sufficiently put into words how much i adore it. Perhaps it set too high a standard for the brand and i fear no movie in the MCU in the nearest future can rival it. I don't even care anymore, i will just hold on to the fond memory that this movie exists.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:15am On Feb 25, 2023
With "an all diverse cast"

This has to be bait...to make people hate-watch the movie

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 25, 2023
About to continue watching game of thrones.

Season 3.

Starting watch the series in October 2022.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:08am On Feb 25, 2023
Kaycee7:
Same here. They lost me in the 3rd act. Even though I love how all 3 acts feel like you're watching different movies. Sometimes I remember something from one part of the movie and I'm like "wait, this was also in Apocalypse Now?".
I think I'll put Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket over Platoon and Apocalypse.

Trivia: Did you recognize a VERY young Laurence Fishburne in the movie?

Exactly, you just mirror my actual feeling of the movie. The three acts all feel different in the movie. Each hour was an episode to itself. The 3rd act was the biggest deviation, I come dey wonder wetin I dey watch.
It's a very good movie but it's storytelling format can be confusing sometimes.

Full Metal Jacket and Born on The Fourth of July are my next pics on the Vietnam War. πŸ‘Œ

Yeah, I recognised Lawrence as Comrade "Clean". πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2023
What movies do you think are the:

- Best movie
- Worst movie
- Most underrated movie
- Most overrated movie

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:27pm On Feb 25, 2023
Baddestguyp:
What movies do you think are the:

- Best movie
- Worst movie
- Most underrated movie
- Most overrated movie

for me....
Best movie - Avengers: Infinity War
Worst movie - Thor: love and thunder/Wakanda Forever
Most underrated movie - Captain America
Most Overrated movie - No Way Home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2023
Baddestguyp:
for me.... Best movie - Avengers: Infinity War Worst movie - Thor: love and thunder/Wakanda Forever Most underrated movie - Captain America Most Overrated movie - No Way Home
go and vote. Leave film alone

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2023
Baddestguyp:
for me....
Best movie - Avengers: Infinity War
Worst movie - Thor: love and thunder/Wakanda Forever
Most underrated movie - Captain America
Most Overrated movie - No Way Home
Almost same as yours.
Best: Infinity war
Worst: Thor: Love and thunder
Underrated: Captain America
Overrated: No Way Home/Endgame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNiig: 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Bodyguard S01 (2018) = 8/10 βœ”οΈ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:57pm On Feb 25, 2023
oyaskii:

That's because it was just newly released. When the sample is small,a few additions can skew the results. It gets closer to it's truer ratings the more it is being rated.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jackie8: 12:23am On Feb 26, 2023
I am currently watching Star Wars: The Force awakens. I am a great fan of star wars series. In fact, it is one of the greatest sci fi. series ever produced with great storyline and commendable cast. I recently bought a Graflex lightsaber used by Darth Vader in this movie. I have collected many lightsabers of different characters. I would definitely recommend this movie to you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3426) (3427) (3428) (3429) (3430) (3431) (3432) ... (3838) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Adasun(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.