Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3767751 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3436) (3437) (3438) (3439) (3440) (3441) (3442) ... (3839) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2023
I don't trust these Critics...
The rumours around the movie were screaming woke iish...

I won't be surprised if these critics gave it high ratings for woke agenda...

I will wait for Audience reviews

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2023
Omo Hollywood needs more men like
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Dolph Lindgren

Back then when you see these guys in movies ehn...omo you know it's not child's play

The only close match we have now in Hollywood are guys like Tom Cruise, Jason Statham

Kiefer Sutherland only pulled that off in 24

Anyway, these are tough men...real men....not these Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson we see nowadays

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2023
teeshet:
Also see Davinci Code, Angels and Demons and Devil's Advocate

Lol, weyrey you wan enshrine the conspiracy more with +100% dosage. 😁
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:26pm On Mar 11, 2023
Calibrator:
Are the minority really minority if they are able to consistently overwhelm the majority opinion or perhaps they have never been in the minority in the first place, just that a lot of people in the majority were just scared of identifying with the perceived minority and now that the curtain has dropped, all charades are off!

I am not understanding 21st century civilisation trends and patterns cheesy

I've been musing on this thing recently. Cos I'm starting to believe they were never in the shadows in the past. Mostly just hiding in plain sight.
Cos the way they dictate media and everyone pivoting and pandering towards them it's just funny.

Cos even if you looked at the Nigerian sphere sef, there's always been signs of these people's presence. Remember those weird kids back in school we usually called "Boy-girl". We were just blind to it and wasn't reading much meaning to it asides from peeps behaving in effeminate manners. Not to also forget the "Tomboys".
The world is now a democratised space and more people are coming out.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2023
abduleez1:

I've been musing on this thing recently. Cos I'm starting to believe they were never in the shadows in the past. Mostly just hiding in plain sight.
Cos the way they dictate media and everyone pivoting and pandering towards them it's just funny.

Cos even if you looked at the Nigerian sphere sef, there's always been signs of these people's presence. Remember those weird kids back in school we usually called "Boy-girl". We were just blind to it and wasn't reading much meaning to it asides from peeps behaving in effeminate manners. Not to also forget the "Tomboys".
The world is now a democratised space and more people are coming out.

Yep.

I remember from uni a weirdo medical student everyone called Femi feminine.

I also remember a dude who was in my room in secondary school. Dude was as feminine as they come. It was weird. I Googled the guy the other day. He is now in Yankee in some tech firm. Even now looking at him, I can't place his gender.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Transgender Transformer

Ok.
Which kind of rubbish is this nitori Olorun??

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Yep.

I also remember a dude who was in my room in secondary school. Dude was as feminine as they come. It was weird. I Googled the guy the other day. He is now in Yankee in some tech firm. Even now looking at him, I can't place his gender.
Dude is gay. The next thing we know, he will become 'them'.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:05pm On Mar 11, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Yep.

Lol, so you go boarding school. 😁

There's one weirdo in sec school I always remember anytime I deeply think about this LGBTQ community on whether it's an acquired taste for Nigerians due to increased exposure to American Pop Culture or it's been an innate part of society often overlooked.

This dude was so feminine with his displays that even for SS1 wey we never get so much sense like that back then, we could have sworn dude's gay.
Dude was so annoying ehn I go dey prepare my hands with clenched fists ready to give am proper punch if he acts funny or comes too close.
Always wondered how girls were very sociable towards them. If I try to picture him as an adult na James Brown dey always enter my head. Lol. Who knows whether na him. 😅 I can't really remember his face well but I remember his features with his very big mouth and ugly face. So him no fit be am 😂.

Remembering these things made me realise they've always been around. They were just invisible to us then. There's also been Biblical and Qur'anic references thousands of years old. So it ain't really new. I guess that's where you get the word $odomy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2023
We're in Oscar Weekend and I never still caught up with the Oscar hopefuls.... Upon all my planning. 🙃🙃😢
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2023
James Gunn is probably directing Superman: Legacy.

I really didn't want him to direct it but it's okay. Man knows the character well and well versed in comics. So it's wait and see.

Very Big news and announcements will be unveiled at Comic Con 2023.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 7:01am On Mar 12, 2023
teeshet:
Also see Davinci Code, Angels and Demons and Devil's Advocate
Thanks i am definitely seeing all of these.
I love movies that tells about the deep things of life. That's how we watched a movie about COVID 19 many years ago even before COVID came out on the news.
Back in the days if we had said something like COVID will happen and the whole world will be on lockdown, people would have called us conspiracy theorist.

Most people thinks they know too much they don't know that 80% of what they thought them in school are lies.

Real education is self taught through research and sound thoughts.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 7:10am On Mar 12, 2023
About Oscars that's happening this week.
If the song by Rihanna tiled lift me up should win an Oscar, then it's going to be a big win and a historical win for NIGERIA because Tems will definitely win an Oscar.

I hope she wins it, Rihanna and Tems winning an Oscar is going to be the trending Oscar news and a big win for black women!!!

Whether you like wakanda part two or not, you can't deny that the song lift me up Is therapeutic, it cuts deep down your soul with a powerful lyrics. The song stands out, it has no competition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 8:36am On Mar 12, 2023
I saw the Devil
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ozila(m): 8:50am On Mar 12, 2023
abduleez1:

Yep. Na so I see am. 3 days straight.

Spiritual wife undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Yuroki: 10:13am On Mar 12, 2023
Hay Guys, I have something New For You. I have An App On which you can watch unlimited movies and tv shows for free. This amazing app is called [url=https://showforapk.com/hdo-box/%20url]HDO Box[/url] . On this video streaming app you can watch unlimited free movies and tv shows.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNiig: 10:44am On Mar 12, 2023
🎥 Luther: The Fallen Sun (2023) = 6/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNiig: 10:45am On Mar 12, 2023
🎥 1923 S01 (2022) = 8/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by teeshet: 10:51am On Mar 12, 2023
OhBritannia:
About Oscars that's happening this week.
If the song by Rihanna tiled lift me up should win an Oscar, then it's going to be a big win and a historical win for NIGERIA because Tems will definitely win an Oscar.

I hope she wins it, Rihanna and Tems winning an Oscar is going to be the trending Oscar news and a big win for black women!!!

Whether you like wakanda part two or not, you can't deny that the song lift me up Is therapeutic, it cuts deep down your soul with a powerful lyrics. The song stands out, it has no competition.
is it only me that thinks lift me up sounds gospel?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by teeshet: 10:54am On Mar 12, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
I saw the Devil
when?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 10:57am On Mar 12, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Omo Hollywood needs more men like
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Dolph Lindgren

Back then when you see these guys in movies ehn...omo you know it's not child's play

The only close match we have now in Hollywood are guys like Tom Cruise, Jason Statham

Kiefer Sutherland only pulled that off in 24

Anyway, these are tough men...real men....not these Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson we see nowadays

Real men grin grin grin

You for add Steven seagal join cheesy cheesy cheesy

Pesin wey dey act movie, that is not even doing any of his stunts - that one na real man

We have moved beyond the 80s action movies

You want to watch actor no dey die fantasy where one man takes on an entire army, that's on you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by teeshet: 11:04am On Mar 12, 2023
Ishilove:

Dude is gay. The next thing we know, he will become 'them'.
looks like i've seen your moniker in one gay comic book b4. Says alot about you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:18am On Mar 12, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Real men grin grin grin

You for add Steven seagal join cheesy cheesy cheesy

Pesin wey dey act movie, that is not even doing any of his stunts - that one na real man

We have moved beyond the 80s action movies

You want to watch actor no dey die fantasy where one man takes on an entire army, that's on you
you talk as if today's action flicks are any more realistic
As if people don't take on entire armies in today's movies.
As if actors like Dwayne Johnson don't have contracts where they cannot take more than a specific amount of hits so they don't look weak

The fact is that these old guys killed their roles in portraying the tough men they were supposed to.

Just by seeing their faces, you knew you were getting a serious movie

No matter how many contracts people like Dwayne Johnson get to reduce hits they can take, they won't ever give off the same threat that people like Arnold, Lundgren or Stallone give

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:27pm On Mar 12, 2023
ozila:

Spiritual wife undecided

Lol... grin grin

Boss man himself. 😅

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
teeshet:
is it only me that thinks lift me up sounds gospel?
It's not only you brother. I feel the same way too, the song sounds gospel.
It's a beautiful song with a powerful lyric.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 2:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
Baddestguyp:
you talk as if today's action flicks are any more realistic...

Guy, wetin de rock buy for your market?

If I ask you why you hate him now, you won't give a tangible reason.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kimovies21: 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2023
I love movie action western you must watching Blank 2022 new movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2023
Creed II | 2018

8.99 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2023
Karleb:

Guy, wetin de rock buy for your market?

If I ask you why you hate him now, you won't give a tangible reason.
what makes you think I hate him?
Cos I mentioned him twice?

Didn't I also mention Ryan Reynolds?
Chris Evans is also another one...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2023
Creed 2 (2018).......8.5/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:13pm On Mar 12, 2023
So Luther was pretty decent and gritty...the way it all ended left alot to be desired tho.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 2:10am On Mar 13, 2023
Damm ❤️❤️❤️ scarlet Johanson is gorgeous mehn.
She isn't just beautiful, she is sexy. She oozes sex all of over her, i am not trying to sexualize her but her sex appeal is seductive.

It's been Long i saw her in any latest movie, i have missed seeing her face.
She doesn't even have a social media account.

The man plugging his charger inside her wall socket is lucky. 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

(1) (2) (3) ... (3436) (3437) (3438) (3439) (3440) (3441) (3442) ... (3839) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.