Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3755661 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3473) (3474) (3475) (3476) (3477) (3478) (3479) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Oya what is Kaycee7's favourite brew. Let's get him something to make the L go down easy. wink
The King of beer

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
The Social Network:8/10
Genre: Drama, Biopics

A look into the life of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's and how he creates the number one social networking site Facebook.

Abeg, what was Eduardo Saverin offense as to why Mark treated him the way he did ? IMO, Mark really took it too far.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 7:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
oyaskii:
"Inside" 2023

Good Lord....no plenty words needed

This is such a bore-fest, that's 1:45mins of my life I'm never getting back ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ.

Top tier garbage ๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ๐Ÿšฎ
I watched it this morning and I think it took me 20 mins to finish. Very useless movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:46pm On Apr 08, 2023
abduleez1:
Who go help Kaycee collect this dinner now. grin grin
I just dey see projections. Na the money I wan see. We're at nearly $150m now. $350m to go

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 7:51pm On Apr 08, 2023
BlackManta:

Flash cannot pull Super Mario numbers. I highly doubt it.

Even if The Flash is a spectacular movie with overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics and audiences, there's no chance of a billion dollars.

The Ezra Miller situation, the lack of interest in DCEU and "superhero fatigue" are tough hills the Flash must climb to be successful.

If it pulls anything close to $800m, WB should celebrate.

Even the MCU will not get a billion dollar grosser this year.
$800m is my minimum projection for The Flash.
Superhero Fatigue or not, it's got nostalgia on its side
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2023
phr0nesis:

I watched it this morning and I think it took me 20 mins to finish. Very useless movie
Took me 15 mins with FFx8.... very useless movie indeed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:04pm On Apr 08, 2023
majesticguy:
The Social Network:8/10
Genre: Drama, Biopics

A look into the life of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's and how he creates the number one social networking site Facebook.

Abeg, what was Eduardo Saverin offense as to why Mark treated him the way he did ? IMO, Mark really took it too far.
My Best David Fincher movie and arguably one of the best biopics ever made. So so good.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 8:25pm On Apr 08, 2023
oyaskii:
My Best David Fincher movie and arguably one of the best biopics ever made. So so good.

couldn't have agreed more.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
65: 5/10
Genre: Action, SciFi, Adventure

I think the movie After Earth had almost the same premise as this, but way better CGI creatures than this.

Anyways, it's just there, there was nothing really special about this one.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheHulk616: 8:51pm On Apr 08, 2023
abduleez1:
I ain't even scared.... Blue Beetle will cook at the box office, especially with the large turnout it's going to receive from the Latino community and the Americas. Brazil is definitely contributing massively to this film with their cult like enthusiasm for CBMs.
grin bookmarked

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheHulk616: 8:54pm On Apr 08, 2023
phr0nesis:

$800m is my minimum projection for The Flash.
Superhero Fatigue or not, it's got nostalgia on its side
bookmarked grin
Nostalgia for something nothing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 8:55pm On Apr 08, 2023
oyaskii:
Took me 15 mins with [b]FFx8....[/ b] very useless movie indeed.
๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:55pm On Apr 08, 2023
Unlocked....7/10

Follows a girl who is being stalked by a psychopath

Movie shows how someone can stalk people by hacking into their mobile phones. The dude could see everything you're doing by accessing your phone's camera. He can hear everything through the phone's mic/speaker

While the target is asleep, he would take full control of her smartphone, he can access everytime, all her social media accounts, take and post pictures with her phone etc

Shows how scary it is if someone is able to install a spyware on your phone.
One of the telling signs of malware is quick battery drainage

Pretty scary knowing how much control people have over us. How scary our personal data can be in the wrong hands...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2023
TheHulk616:
bookmarked grin
Nostalgia for something nothing
When it hits, I will look for you, I will find you and I will.................. Hand you your L
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 10:01pm On Apr 08, 2023
7.7 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2023
BlackManta:

Even if The Flash is a spectacular movie with overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics and audiences, there's no chance of a billion dollars.

The Ezra Miller situation, the lack of interest in DCEU and "superhero fatigue" are tough hills the Flash must climb to be successful.

Lol, Flash is easily a $750-800mn movie. It has the potential for a billion dollar.
You're underestimating the power of Batman. Two generations worth of Batman sef.

Ezra Miller situation is only in the thoughts of we that are chronically ONLINE. People who hardly visit Twitter or don't follow entertainment industry news update don't know shit about what he's been up to.
You're forgetting Twitter can be such an "echo chamber".

Super Mario Bros, Flash, Fast _X_ and possibly Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning are the billion dollar candidates for this year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2023
Kaycee7:
I just dey see projections. Na the money I wan see. We're at nearly $150m now. $350m to go

It's over $200mn presently globally.
The most impressive thing about the movie is these numbers are not even accounting for Korea or Japan where Nintendo is a top dog. The movie doesn't debut till later this month in those territories and they are easily amongst the world's top 5 markets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
Where Hollywood has been struggling in China, Japan anime has been faring impressively.

I still dey wonder how Korea productions no dey perform this good with all their hype and critical acclaim. Even India sef has very good records.

I wan check something with this upcoming Sony's "Knight of the Zodiac". If that film perform well internationally then I'd have no reason not to drag Korea's pant... ๐ŸŒš๐ŸŒš

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
abduleez1:

The most impressive thing about the movie is these numbers are not even accounting for Korea or Japan where Nintendo is a top dog. The movie doesn't debut till later this month in those territories and they are easily amongst the world's top 5 markets.

Illumination haff dun it agin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXlYuaycRbU
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 10:18pm On Apr 08, 2023
abduleez1:
Where Hollywood has been struggling in China, Japan anime has been faring impressively.

Ironic

Considering no one in Asia has really forgiven japan for ww2 atrocities. I guess it helps when you are now officially the biggest dog in the Asian room.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:23pm On Apr 08, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Ironic

Considering no one in Asia has really forgiven japan for ww2 atrocities. I guess it helps when you are now officially the biggest dog in the Asian room.

I guess so.
Japan has been having hits after hits internationally in recent years with their anime. Demon Slayer smashed records. Jujutsu Kaisen did very well. One Piece Red also did good. The hits just plenty.

My own be say why I no see anything similar from Korea with all their hype and cultural zeitgeist? ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ‘€

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
abduleez1:

I guess so.
Japan has been having hits after hits internationally in recent years with their anime. Demon Slayer smashed records. Jujutsu Kaisen did very well. One Piece Red also did good. The hits just plenty.

My own be say why I no see anything similar from Korea with all their hype and cultural zeitgeist? ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ‘€
tbh most korean movies aren't blockbusters...

They are good movies but not the kind of movies that can break box office

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Illumination haff dun it agin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXlYuaycRbU

The way Universal is smacking Disney/Pixar in the animation business this decade is unprecedented. Illumination and DreamWorks are the undisputed kings of animation right now. It needs to be studied.

What's mind boggling is how WB has totally failed to leverage Disney's weakness or lack of will to build it's animation business despite how lucrative that industry could be and the trove of IPs under its banner. And that's where the recent rumor of hijacking DreamWorks former CEO might be a turnaround for them.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2023
7.7 / 10

Suicide galore ๐Ÿ˜

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blessedchild234(m): 11:43pm On Apr 08, 2023
Shazam
Bel air
Mission impossible rogue nation
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 12:30am On Apr 09, 2023
oyaskii:
Nicolas Cage as "Count Dracula" might be the most perfect casting in a while. This looks so good... can't wait to see it cheesy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICydLkeXq3w&feature=youtu.be

i have watched this trailer over and over since i saw it here
and two other trailers
i have shown it to my kids [seems for some reason this generation of kids are horror buffs]

and that - ' you have the word of the most trusted institution on earth - the catholic church' gets me every time cheesy

anyone recognise renfield is nux the warboy from mad max fury road grin - witness him getting bloodbags for old vlad cheesy

i am stoked for this movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Holuwarnipheme(f): 12:33am On Apr 09, 2023
Iโ€™m actually watching High School Magical, a YouTube series
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 1:23am On Apr 09, 2023
abduleez1:

Chi m oooo!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:29am On Apr 09, 2023
oyaskii:
"Inside" 2023

Good Lord....no plenty words needed

This is such a bore-fest, that's 1:45mins of my life I'm never getting back ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ.

Top tier garbage ๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ๐Ÿšฎ

And I've already downloaded it. Time to count my losses and delete it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 7:53am On Apr 09, 2023
BlackManta:

Actually it could o
Everyone has been waiting for the flash for a long time now plus it is the actual beginning of the James Gunn universe plus if it's a cool movie and rewatchable enough it could gross that amount
But you're very right bout Marvel
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:09am On Apr 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

i have watched this trailer over and over since i saw it here
and two other trailers
i have shown it to my kids [seems for some reason this generation of kids are horror buffs]

Same cheesy. The trailer is so well done. It's comedic horror is totally what the little ones will love wink

and that - ' you have the word of the most trusted institution on earth - the catholic church' gets me every time cheesy

lol that line is peak satire and irony. grin

anyone recognise renfield is nux the warboy from mad max fury road grin - witness him getting bloodbags for old vlad cheesy

Yeah, Nicholas Hoult. This kind of satirical witty roles his is bread and butter. Gold casting ๐Ÿ™Œ

i am stoked for this movie

Same.. can't wait to see it.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:12am On Apr 09, 2023
Beorn:

And I've already downloaded it. Time to count my losses and delete it.
Brother, it is has no redeeming qualities at all. It was basically William Defoe locked in an apartment with non dialogue scenes going on and on. Downloading recent flicks now is like walking on eggshells, you have to sieve through alot of rubbish to find a good one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3473) (3474) (3475) (3476) (3477) (3478) (3479) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: gideonjeta(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.