Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3755290 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3475) (3476) (3477) (3478) (3479) (3480) (3481) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 5:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
oyaskii:
Is it just me or has 2023 served up some bare ass flicks so far. I thought 2023 was gonna bang movie wise instead we have been served more poo than actual meal.

There's no denying the dip in quality of movie and music especially post COVID but this year might actually be the worse. Might be too early to judge and write the year off tho. Holding out hope for GOTG Volume 3, "The Flash", Oppenheimer, Dune 2 and Killers of the flower moon... These are my "Holy Grail".

Creed 3 and John Wick are the only 2 that managed to live up to the hype in 2023.

Damn....so many flops this year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
2023 is really dry, when it come to good movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Brokeloser: 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Suzume
Arigatou.
Just checked it's not out for downloading yet.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
oyaskii:
Is it just me or has 2023 served up some bare ass flicks so far. I thought 2023 was gonna bang movie wise instead we have been served more poo than actual meal.

There's no denying the dip in quality of movie and music especially post COVID but this year might actually be the worse. Might be too early to judge and write the year off tho. Holding out hope for GOTG Volume 3, "The Flash", Oppenheimer, Dune 2 and Killers of the flower moon... These are my "Holy Grail".

True, but the juicy movies are yet to show up. It's mainly this April towards May in preparation for summer we start seeing the more serious stuff.
This year has the most promising lineup since 2019 I've ever seen both blockbuster wise and genre-fare wise.

I don't see this year being worse like 2020-21.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
abduleez1:

True, but the juicy movies are yet to show up. It's mainly this April towards May in preparation for summer we start seeing the more serious stuff.
This year has the most promising lineup since 2019 I've ever seen both blockbuster wise and genre-fare wise.

I don't see this year being worse like 2020-21.

Bro you never still watch the Fury of the Gods?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
NaijaMemes:

Creed 3 and John Wick are the only 2 that managed to live up to the hype in 2023.

The jury is out on "Creed 3" been top tier and I'm hearing good things about JW4, so yeah, these two are the best so far and we are in the 4th month of the year. Doesn't bode well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
pu7pl3:

Baba dey try avoid that inevitable "L" for as long as possible grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2023
oyaskii:
Baba dey try avoid that inevitable "L" for as long as possible grin
pu7pl3:

Lmao.... Na this night I go watch am. grin grin

True sha, as Oyaskii said, e no enter my body watch. I be wan start this afternoon but prefer to go sleep. 😭😭
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kaycee7:
Chi m oooo!

How you holding up bro.... grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kaycee7 how market.... grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
NaijaMemes:

How many flops have you seen this year?

January to February are mainly months Hollywood big studios traditionally keep for movies they want dead and have no confidence in. Those months are mostly filled with shitty films pushed out.

We've seen what March has delivered in two top tier films. Remember March is actually the month when Hollywood starts releasing their top content.

June and July this year has killer blockbuster movies incoming.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
oyaskii:
The jury is out on "Creed 3" been top tier and I'm hearing good things about JW4, so yeah, these two are the best so far and we are in the 4th month of the year. Doesn't bode well.

It's too early to judge IMO especially when we take into account that March is usually the month Hollywood starts releasing their serious content.
January and February are well known to drop shitty movies or films they ain't confident in.

You're forgetting Ben Affleck's AIR just released and the trades is that it's close to masterpiece quality.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 8:06pm On Apr 09, 2023
I've seen enough bullshít this year, can't wait for THE BOYS to come sooth my soul.

Anyways what's the news on LOKI?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
No way we ain't getting Studios scrambling for Zelda rights now and other video game rights.

It's time for Sony, Nintendo, Konami, Square Enix, SEGA etc to eat big.

It's an industry other studios can easily take advantage of since comic books top characters and storylines are just monopolized by two mega studios. Gaming is more flexible. 😜
The following weeks and months will be very interesting.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 8:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
abduleez1:

How many flops have you seen this year?

January to February are mainly months Hollywood big studios traditionally keep for movies they want dead and have no confidence in. Those months are mostly filled with shitty films pushed out.

We've seen what March has delivered in two top tier films. Remember March is actually the month when Hollywood starts releasing their top content.

June and July this year has killer blockbuster movies incoming.

The first black panther came out in February
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
NaijaMemes:

1. The original mario movie was in 1993. How popular was Mario then? Super Nintendo was released 92/93 for most parts of the world. Even i as a kid preferred Sonic the hedgehog at the time.
how popular was mario then? do you even game? mario has been iconic right from his days as jumpman in the 80s. how many mario games have you actually played? the irony or should i say the absurdity of what you are saying is that super mario world, the nest selling game of the snes was released in the us in 92.

2. The original Mario was a live-action movie. It was not animated and to some extent, it was poorly adapted. The current mario movie is animated. The focus group is children and children would prefer an animated movie.

once again, you have completely missed it. the focus group for mario games is everyone and anyone who grew up on mario games. do you have any idea how many people have nostalgic memories of different mario games? do ypu realise that a large number of legacy mario games are critically acclaimed and played to this day? even more so wit skilled hackers reverse engineering classic so they can be played in 4k? i have been releiving my childhood with a remade mario64, and several thousands of people are too. you think it is only children of today who are into the cross cultural phenomenom that is the italian plumber - or multiple generations who played different iterations of mario in their own childhoods?

Doom was in limbo (partially dead) as at the time the movie was released. There was no Doom game from 1998 till 2005 when the movie came out. The movie was poorly adapted.

doom was in limbo? you are a real john snow. you dont game, and it is clear from this post. people play the original doom to this day. until they were bought by betheseda, id software had a policy or releasing the source code for every version of doom once a new version was released. because of this, the original doom i and 2 are still being modded and remixed and reversioned. do you know what brutaldoom is? it is a doom mod that took the entire community by storm, and can be said to have been a direct inspiration for doom 2016.

doom is so popular that it has currently been upgraded to run on modern hardware. the failure of the movie in hindsight and with the knowledge we have to day comes to decisions made by the rock and a complete bypassing of the source material.

4. Sonic did not bomb. Videogame IPs are risky on a normal day because it is hard to adapt without altering important parts of the videogame lore. Videogame IPs rarely translate well to live-action movies. For a videogame IP to blow, it must have a huge fan base and it must stay true to form (or at least, have a serious plot).

we are talking about video game adaptations from the 90s and early 200os. since your argument is that they are a new phenomenon.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
Good fit.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania will be released for digital purchase on April 18

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
NaijaMemes:

The first black panther came out in February

Uhm, the exception definitely ain't the norm. 🙄🙃
How many big studio films do you see in February.

At best, it's the month for comedies or rom-coms or midbudget films taking advantage of no significant new releases in January. When you see something significant for Feb it's almost halfway into the month. So?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
oyaskii:

Well the year hasn't gone half and there are some very good movies that'd grace our screens this year I think.

Asides the movies you listed, there's also John wick 4, Tetris was also good, atlest it's the best biopics so far this year, The Super Mario Bros. Movie, Evil Dead Rise( Seeing the success of the Last of Us by HBO, this one should also do very well), Guy Ritchie's The Covenant, and a whole lot more.

With the many other release slated for this year, i strongly believe this year would go okay, if not great.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
abduleez1:
Kaycee7 how market.... grin grin
Give me my L with one Bud for peace, super comrade
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gidah: 9:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:
you wan make thunder fire you? grin

When did I ever give any gày vibe?
Am I dreaming ni,you’ve always STAN colored people now ,as in Stan it with your full chest
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gidah: 9:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
Is zelda story line that catching I’m a Nintendo fanboy but mostly Mario kart and smash series or the Mario’s ones ,I too no like link character ,first came across him on super smash bro
abduleez1:
No way we ain't getting Studios scrambling for Zelda rights now and other video game rights.

It's time for Sony, Nintendo, Konami, Square Enix, SEGA etc to eat big.

It's an industry other studios can easily take advantage of since comic books top characters and storylines are just monopolized by two mega studios. Gaming is more flexible. 😜
The following weeks and months will be very interesting.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by konchesky01: 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
Watched Black Adam. If someone had told me the film was written by my 12yr old niece, I never would have doubted. 4/10.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gidah: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
Shazam fury of the gods felt like I’m re watching Murder Mystery 2 again cos I just saw it a few days ago
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 10:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:
The only reason I started Shazam

And after 16mins in...
I don't think I'll get tired of her thighs

Good motivation to keep me going

Na these dirty white girls wey no dey baff with stinking pussy you dey salivate on top??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
Gidah:
Is zelda story line that catching I’m a Nintendo fanboy but mostly Mario kart and smash series or the Mario’s ones ,I too no like link character ,first came across him on super smash bro

Lol, I don't own a Nintendo Switch so no I haven't played Zelda. I just know it's popular see it's gameplay many times.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kaycee7:
Give me my L with one Bud for peace, super comrade

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 1:13am On Apr 10, 2023
Hunger na 8/10 abeg

Oscar worthy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FBS: 6:19am On Apr 10, 2023
Watched Gangs of Lagos.
After all the hype it's precisely what I expected. Just a little above average.
I dunno, it feels they definitely could have done better plus some of the cast no be am.
The fights scenes seems to be a hit and miss. Be like I was watching some low budget wanna be India action movie.

Zlantan Ibile, Chioma, Iyabo Ojo, and a few others were absolute naturals.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:39am On Apr 10, 2023
Blueelf:

Na these dirty white girls wey no dey baff with stinking pussy you dey salivate on top??
Dude stop mistaking white girls for Nigerian girls, we all know who stinks.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:44am On Apr 10, 2023
konchesky01:
Watched Black Adam. If someone had told me the film was written by my 12yr old niece, I never would have doubted. 4/10.
How BA flopped with DJ so bad is still like a dream to me, I think DJ should stay away from super heroes movies for now.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3475) (3476) (3477) (3478) (3479) (3480) (3481) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.