Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3757370 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3483) (3484) (3485) (3486) (3487) (3488) (3489) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2023
Ishilove:
Shazam: Fury of The gods

I don't know why it has such bad ratings. I don't know what people were expecting from this kind of movie; philosophical insights? The film doesn't take itself seriously. Neither should you.

Wo, I enjoyed it and was very well entertained.

It's like going to a party to be served well cooked okra soup. It's delicious but people expect jollof rice.

I am just glad no one can point fingers at De Rock anymore. Black Adam would have been a colossal failure without Dwayne Johnson.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
Ishilove:

I don't know why it has such bad ratings. I don't know what people were expecting from this kind of movie; philosophical insights? The film doesn't take itself seriously. Neither should you.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2023
Karleb:

It's like going to a party to be served well cooked okra soup. It's delicious but people expect jollof rice.

I am just glad no one can point fingers at De Rock anymore. Black Adam would have been a colossal failure without Dwayne Johnson.
There is nothing fresh or new to look forward to, so just simply while away time with them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2023
Ishilove:

i had a blast watching the movie. all the lousy reviews already lowered my expectations, but for what really? the movie has the same spirit as its prequel

and we got to watch how chatgpt would perform if it was magic rather than science

writing the letter cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Arizoner: 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2023
abduleez1:
Lol, nice coup...
horrible girl
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2023
GloriousGbola:

i had a blast watching the movie. all the lousy reviews already lowered my expectations, but for what really? the movie has the same spirit as its prequel

and we got to watch how chatgpt would perform if it was magic rather than science

At the bolded, i paid no heed to the reviews also, i enjoy every bit of the movie. I just couldn't place my hands on what people were actually expecting from the movie, it's a superhero comedy movie for fvck sake, it's meant to make you laugh and not to make you think.

If they had written it any other way or made it rated R, many a folk would still complain that they didn't stick to the source material, they didn't do this, they didn't do that. Bottom line, you can't please everyone.

Yeah, the letter writing part really got me in stitches, they ended up confusing the pen.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ilamina(f): 11:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
Any good terrorism movie I can watch like American sniper
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 1Sharon(f): 1:04am On Apr 14, 2023
Just watched joy. Movie about Nigerian prostitutes smuggled to europe.

It felt so real, more like a documentary. Well made
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FBS: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2023
Mamma Mia! Mario Movie is a HIT. Universal and Nintendo got this one spot on and I fully expect sales of Nintendo and Mario brothers to soar.
It's a tried and tested script (good guys vs bad guys) but presented in an easy to watch not too long movie with all the jingles, sound effects, sound tracks complete and well timed. It's like you are playing a game AND watching a movie at the same time.

Good job on this one.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 6:52am On Apr 14, 2023
FBS:
Mamma Mia! Mario Movie is a HIT. Universal and Nintendo got this one spot on and I fully expect sales of Nintendo and Mario brothers to soar.
It's a tried and tested script (good guys vs bad guys) but presently in an easy to watch not too long movie with all the jingles, sound effects, sound tracks complete and well timed. It's like you are playing a game AND watching a movie at the same time.

Good job on this one.

And it is apparently full of easter eggs and fan service for long time mario players. Which is all of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTa6Xbzfq1U

Childhood intensifies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FiremanX: 7:13am On Apr 14, 2023
Gmajor:

Too soon.
I just tire for WB.
money that should have been allocated towards more original ideas is being wasted on a story that ended not so long ago.
The movies still hold up well so why bother with a remake?
Movie business
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:10am On Apr 14, 2023
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 9:18am On Apr 14, 2023
nani667:
⬇️⬇️

No matter the PR, I'll never download or watch this movie

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 9:35am On Apr 14, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:

Correct guy!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:47am On Apr 14, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:

Because it is Nollywood abi...

But it's still far better than so many mid Hollywood movies this year and last year like Shazam 2, Black Panther 2, Thor love and Thunder, Black Adam, and probably Ant-Man 2 sef (I haven't seen Antman 2)

But you will watch these trash, but won't watch Nollywood to support your industry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:55am On Apr 14, 2023
A24 going back to its roots. Things I love to see.
Now this is a horror film that promises unique storytelling. And I'm all for it. 🙌🙌

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QiHUrbscPw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:26am On Apr 14, 2023
Seems HBOMax relaunch into "Max" was somewhat a success. It generated massive backlash from audiences due to the name change.
But as the saying goes "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C7QMnlDEAA
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by durubennie(m): 10:53am On Apr 14, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Shazam 2 is a nice watch, I enjoyed it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:17am On Apr 14, 2023
abduleez1:
Seems HBOMax relaunch into "Max" was somewhat a success. It generated massive backlash from audiences due to the name change.
But as the saying goes "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C7QMnlDEAA

"Success" you say? Thier stocks tanked minutes after the announcement and it hasn't recovered. It's the WB and HBO brand that has been even keeping "HBOmax" alive. They have an Ad-free and Ultimate Ad-free plan, i have never seen these kind of capitalist tiering before, it's ridiculous. The only good thing is that they have some strong originals on the horizon, if for anything, that "Penguin" series dey enter my eye G...ngl grin grin but this alliance with Discovery+ might tank under a year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 11:26am On Apr 14, 2023
majesticguy:

At the bolded, i paid no heed to the reviews also, i enjoy every bit of the movie. I just couldn't place my hands on what people were actually expecting from the movie, it's a superhero comedy movie for fvck sake, it's meant to make you laugh and not to make you think.

A movie that exists solely to make you laugh. If the jokes don't land what are you left with? 😒 - Cringe -
There's your answer, that's why it had so many bad reviews.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2023
oyaskii:
"Success" you say? Thier stocks tanked minutes after the announcement and it hasn't recovered. It's the WB and HBO brand that has been even keeping "HBOmax" alive. They have an Ad-free and Ultimate Ad-free plan, i have never seen these kind of capitalist tiering before, it's ridiculous. The only good thing is that they have some strong originals on the horizon, if for anything, that "Penguin" series dey enter my eye G...ngl grin grin but this alliance with Discovery+ might tank under a year.

Uhm, that's just a -6% drop. Which to me is negligible. They can lose that amount anyday regardless of reception of its services.
The way you say "alive", it's like HBOMax has been struggling. True the HBO and WB brand has been pivotal to it's growth— that's why they're under the same umbrella.

Uhm, that tiering is basic premium streaming industry standard. Netflix has similar tiering too with differentiating factors like 4K streaming, HDR 10+, added screens/devices, Dolby Atmos etc.

The removal of the HBO name was mainly done cos of some data WB acquired. Apparently some families chose not to pick HBOMax as a streamer of choice because of the HBO branding and them thinking it's mostly for mature/_adult audiences. Some were unaware of its family oriented content and cartoons geared towards kids or thought it was mainly for mature audiences with kids/family content as secondary.
Although insiders also allege that the need of not saturating the HBO name with some HBOMax Originals. If I remember correctly, Velma wasn't an "HBO Original" but from "HBOMax". And these two departments have slightly different ways of going about their content despite being similar.
There comes the MAX rename. Still similar from what ppl are already familiar with and is more accomodation to audiences not already part of the HBO climate. Essentially they're pursuing Disney+ and Netflix family audience.

What I feel they should do now is market the hell outta the new streamer clearly putting it's family content in the forefront as well as pushing HBO premium content as well.
The Discovery content inclusion is mainly to reduce churn rate. They noticed HBO top original shows bring massive viewership but those viewers run away as soon as it finishes. So in essence, most times the streamer is adding subs it's mostly recovering back lost audience.

Let's wait and see 6 months after launch, then we'll gauge it's performance.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FBS: 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:

I did watch it and you are really not missing much. I felt they could have done a lot better.
imo it's nothing but hype.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:09pm On Apr 14, 2023
[quote author=abduleez1 post=122510449]

Uhm, that's just a -6% drop. Which to me is negligible. They can lose that amount anyday regardless of reception of its services.

-6% drop in the market is a huge difference Brah...sends panic vibe and it's not a good outlook for any business.

The way you say "alive", it's like HBOMax has been struggling. True the HBO and WB brand has been pivotal to it's growth— that's why they're under the same umbrella.

Not Struggling per say, but the HBO original gaints like "Succession", "Euphoria", "HOD" and "TWL", have been the bane of the HBOmax brand. No really proper "sell on" originals to speak of, i think the WB blockbuster movie same day cinema/Hbomax release has been their only strong selling point on thier own.

Uhm, that tiering is basic premium streaming industry standard. Netflix has similar tiering too with differentiating factors like 4K streaming, HDR 10+, added screens/devices, Dolby Atmos etc.
The current highest HBOmax plan is $16 that comes 4K HDR streaming with Dolby Atmos with no Ads, no the new "MAX" has hiked this by 4$ to 20$...A capitalist move if you ask me

The removal of the HBO name was mainly done cos of some data WB acquired. Apparently some families chose not to pick HBOMax as a streamer of choice because of the HBO branding and them thinking it's mostly for mature/_adult audiences. Some were unaware of its family oriented content and cartoons geared towards kids or thought it was mainly for mature audiences with kids/family content as secondary.
Although insiders also allege that the need of not saturating the HBO name with some HBOMax Originals. If I remember correctly, Velma wasn't an "HBO Original" but from "HBOMax". And these two departments have slightly different ways of going about their content despite being similar.
There comes the MAX rename. Still similar from what ppl are already familiar with and is more accomodation to audiences not already part of the HBO climate. Essentially they're pursuing Disney+ and Netflix family audience.

What I feel they should do now is market the hell outta the new streamer clearly putting it's family content in the forefront as well as pushing HBO premium content as well.
The Discovery content inclusion is mainly to reduce churn rate. They noticed HBO top original shows bring massive viewership but those viewers run away as soon as it finishes. So in essence, most times the streamer is adding subs it's mostly recovering back lost audience.

Let's wait and see 6 months after launch, then we'll gauge it's performance.
Well let's see how it works out for them because none of the originals they have announced yet screams "Family" imo.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
Oyaskii and Abdulzeez1, leave HBO argument and recommend movies jor angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 2:25pm On Apr 14, 2023
Octopusssy:
Oyaskii and Abdulzeez1, leave HBO argument and recommend movies jor angry

Leave them jare. You sha know if they japa to UK today they will not be crying of loneliness. Their minds are already fully engaged cool

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:27pm On Apr 14, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Leave them jare. You sha know if they japa to UK today they will not be crying of loneliness. Their minds are already fully engaged cool
grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2023
SOZINN:

A movie that exists solely to make you laugh. If the jokes don't land what are you left with? 😒 - Cringe -
There's your answer, that's why it had so many bad reviews.

Well for me the jokes landed. Right down to his wonder woman thirst.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
Insidious 2010: 7/10
Genre: Horror

Insidious Chapter 2: 6.8/10

Insidious Chapter 3: 6.5/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
[quote author=oyaskii post=122511512][/quote]

HBOMax 4K plan is mostly a gimmick based on comments I've been seeing about it for the past two years.
HBOMax content that is available in 4K is not even up to 5%.

Imagine having GOT in 4k just last year despite running the streamer since 2020. No one really takes HBOMax 4K serious as it's almost nonexistent. It's mainly the new WB theatrical release that gets 4K from the onset.

That $4 hike means they're now prolly serious and dedicated to 4K viewing.

On the family side, they announced Mogwai: Secrets of The Gremlins, upcoming Harry Potter series and Rick and Morty: anime. There's also a Big Bang Theory Reboot. Of course, more are coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJ8NjUnSk4

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
cc Kaycee7

L served with cold beer grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Because it is Nollywood abi...

But it's still far better than so many mid Hollywood movies this year and last year like Shazam 2, Black Panther 2, Thor love and Thunder, Black Adam, and probably Ant-Man 2 sef (I haven't seen Antman 2)

But you will watch these trash, but won't watch Nollywood to support your industry
Well,in the world of the blind the one eyed man is king. Based on Nollywood standards,then yes it went above the bar. Otherwise,the movie really isn't great.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3483) (3484) (3485) (3486) (3487) (3488) (3489) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: jikins(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.