Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3772982 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3611) (3612) (3613) (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:30am On Jul 19, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

IMDb gave it 6.6, Oppenheimer was given 10/10πŸ˜’

Who gives a fvvk about IMDb?? I don't!!!

That would be the last review aggregator I would ever seek ratings from for anything I find interesting.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 9:35am On Jul 19, 2023
abduleez1:

That would be the last review aggregator I would ever seek ratings from for anything I find interesting.

You ain't lying about the ad campaign. I Googled barbie movie to check the imdb rating and the search page on my phone screen turned pink and started flashing pink fireworks .
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:38am On Jul 19, 2023
nani667:
⬇️⬇️

Saw this this morning while downloading Flash and was rather surprised by it's very early release.

Universal just dumped this one after making millions on Super Mario Bros. Zero marketing whatsoever . 😭
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2023
abduleez1:

The fact is IMDb is a better movie aggregator than rotten tomatoes😏, the only thing rotten tomatoes does well is it's audience ratingsπŸ˜’
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 10:07am On Jul 19, 2023
abduleez1:

Saw this this morning while downloading Flash and was rather surprised by it's very early release.

Universal just dumped this one after making millions on Super Mario Bros. Zero marketing whatsoever . 😭
Not million, equivalent to a billion
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Not million, equivalent to a billion

I'm well aware of its box office collection. $1.3bn is never going back to the studio's pockets. They must pay marketers, distributors and cinema owners take their own cut.

Domestic is shared 50/50 between theatre owners and studio. International is 40/60 with the largest share going to the theatre owners. China, you're ONLY getting 25% as the studio. So if your movie make $1bn over there, you're only getting $250mn.

* Domestic and international slightly have a different quota system between individual studios tho, depending on the project and the studio's leverage power. Still that's the Industry standard for BO collection.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:35am On Jul 19, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

The fact is IMDb is a better movie aggregator than rotten tomatoes😏, the only thing rotten tomatoes does well is it's audience ratingsπŸ˜’

Lmao.... Premium Cap!!

IMDB can't lace RT shoes. I don't take audience scores really serious as they've proven to be very unreliable and crappy without nuance. RT is the number one industry player in terms of review aggregators.

If IMDb was top dog, ppl won't be crying about RT scores when their fave movies or shows was given crappy scores.

It's slightly on TV shows I know IMDb is significantly relevant and that's mostly because some shows RT don't cover them or they don't update the scores for some shows with long running seasons.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2023
abduleez1:

Yeah, the story is familiar and I mean in the IP sense. If the delivery is great it could be refreshing. They clearly got their CGI and visuals right.

Lol, na person you dey downgrade cos of him papa?? grin grin Dem don plenty for this generation of fresh actors like Lily Rose Depp. cheesy
lol no mind me grin grin. I feel having a parent that is big wig in certain industry will most likely create a very soft landing should thier offspring enter such industry. I believe filmmakers are casting him as a "favour" to Denzel, rather than him having actual stellar talents.

If you deep it, Nepotism might take someone farther than actual talent 😌😌
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:25am On Jul 19, 2023
Greta Gerwig's Supremacy uno πŸ˜ŒπŸ’

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

IMDb gave it 6.6, Oppenheimer was given 10/10πŸ˜’
Why am I seeing 1/10 here grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2023
Hearing some news/rumours that Oppenheimer will be released in China

This should boost it's predicted box office revenue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2023
abduleez1:

Lmao.... Premium Cap!!

IMDB can't lace RT shoes. I don't take audience scores really serious as they've proven to be very unreliable and crappy without nuance. RT is the number one industry player in terms of review aggregators.

If IMDb was top dog, ppl won't be crying about RT scores when their fave movies or shows was given crappy scores.

It's slightly on TV shows I know IMDb is significantly relevant and that's mostly because some shows RT don't cover them or they don't update the scores for some shows with long running seasons.
IMDB ratings are more accurate for me.
In every art field, you've got those so-called professional critics - you know, the nerdy weirdos with their otherworldly interpretations. They'd call a banana taped to a wall a stroke of genius, or grass on stone the ultimate cuisine, or an avant-garde album consisting of random household sounds the future of music, or a book with pages filled entirely with the letter "A" a profound exploration of the human condition, or clothes made entirely of garbage bags groundbreaking eco-fashion.

When it comes to movies, I'm all about the audience rating. Critics might go gaga over some artsy flick with no plot, while we just want a good story and some entertainment. Sometimes, the movies that rock our world get panned by critics. Cinema's meant to connect with the people watching it, not just win over the snooty critics. So, give me the audience's take any day! And it's not just movies - in music, literature, fashion, architecture, and even dance, the audience's perspective often speaks volumes more than those critics with their quirky tastes.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:

Why am I seeing 1/10 here grin
Oppenheimer haters don edit πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Check Jeremy Jahns review of Barbie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
abduleez1:

Lmao.... Premium Cap!!

All reviewers are shit to me. I recently watched this review of movie reviewers and it's a fact that movie reviewers i.e professionals are not to be trusted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UC23HuCIwY
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
Baddestguyp:

With China's plan to invade Taiwan, it'll be big there
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Where you hear that one??

The last I heard yesterday in China release was that China haven't given greenlight yet and seem not to.

But Nolan films performs strong in China. He has huge fanbase there. Funny thing is Universal have been promoting the film there for some months. That's the funny thing with China, you fit promote film finish for there make dem no give you license. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
They did that to Disney and WB last year and this year. Upon all the money wey WB spend on top Black Adam marketing over there, dem knack am ban. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
oyaskii:
It'll reduce to 80 by the end of its run
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
abduleez1:

Where you hear that one??

The last I heard yesterday in China release was that China haven't given greenlight yet and seem not to.

But Nolan films performs strong in China. He has huge fanbase there. Funny thing is Universal have been promoting the film there for some months. That's the funny thing with China, you fit promote film finish for there make dem no give you license. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
They did that to Disney and WB last year and this year. Upon all the money wey WB spend on top Black Adam marketing over there, dem knack am ban. grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
[quote author=ErenXSatoru post=124519951][/quote]

All right, I see that was 17 hours ago. Nice.

I'm feel the Chinese will rush the movie die!! grin grin
Seeing some Japs getting roasted by Nukes in IMAX 3D might drive them to the theatres. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Lol, that thing no dey reduce that low.
The worst I see is around 86.

It's over 100 critics review by now.... That already gives a general overview of final score.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2023
abduleez1:

All right, I see that was 17 hours ago. Nice.

I'm feel the Chinese will rush the movie die!! grin grin
Seeing some Japs getting roasted by Nukes in IMAX 3D might drive them to the theatres. grin grin
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and with this war and everything, it should do really well outside the USA since it'll definitely not be banned in the Middle East and conservative countries
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

80 is pretty still a high score..no?.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

All reviewers are shit to me. I recently watched this review of movie reviewers and it's a fact that movie reviewers i.e professionals are not to be trusted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UC23HuCIwY

I don't really take all these YouTubers reviewers serious. I don't even watch any crap they have to say. Most of them are basically fans with YouTube accounts talking about their opinions or feelings about a film not really a professional critic.
The only time I remember watching a YouTuber review was for The Last of Us th show. I kinda stumbled upon it sef and wanted to know the early feelings about the show.

I'm not saying critics don't make stupid statements or opinions at times, or make things political. I'm saying I mostly trust them than audience scores. Also, I don't base my watching on what they say unless from a trusted source.
When I rely on Audience score is when trying to gain the enjoyment level or entertainment value of a project to audiences.
That's where I demarcate the difference. You might like something or enjoy it and it might still be trash.
So I trust critics more cos they have lesser attachment to a film. They're more robotic and look at the technical aspects and more prone to give you as it is.

Different strokes for different folks. You hate them. I don't.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and with this war and everything, it should do really well outside the USA since it'll definitely not be banned in the Middle East and conservative countries

What I know.... Korea is giving that film $50mn. grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 19, 2023
oyaskii:
lol no mind me grin grin. I feel having a parent that is big wig in certain industry will most likely create a very soft landing should thier offspring enter such industry. I believe filmmakers are casting him as a "favour" to Denzel, rather than him having actual stellar talents.

If you deep it, Nepotism might take someone farther than actual talent 😌😌

Lol, me too I no rate the guy.
Him and Lily Rose Depp dey the same train. I didn't even know what she actually looked like until HBO's The Idol. πŸ˜‚

Hollywood has always been entrenched in Nepotism for a very long time, even in the Golden Age.

What do you think of Sofia Coppola?? πŸ‘€
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2023
oyaskii:

Common W for Greta...

Time to go watch Lady Bird. Moved up the priority list.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DOyaskii(m): 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, me too I no rate the guy.
Him and Lily Rose Depp dey the same train. I didn't even know what she actually looked like until HBO's The Idol. πŸ˜‚

Hollywood has always been entrenched in Nepotism for a very long time, even in the Golden Age.

What do you think of Sofia Coppola?? πŸ‘€
Queen mother of the Nepo babies cheesy. Her dad literally put her on the map by casting her as an infant in one of the greatest movies of all time cheesy.

But she has grown into her own as a filmmaker. I have particularly enjoyed "Lost in Translation", The Beguiled" and "On the Rocks".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DOyaskii(m): 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
abduleez1:

Common W for Greta...

Time to go watch Lady Bird. Moved up the priority list.
Her 2 combo with Saoirse Ronan has been pure flames so far, Saoirse was supposed to cameo in "Barbie" sef, but pulled out last minute due to scheduling issues.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
abduleez1:

I don't really take all these YouTubers reviewers serious. I don't even watch any crap they have to say. Most of them are basically fans with YouTube accounts talking about their opinions or feelings about a film not really a professional critic.
The only time I remember watching a YouTuber review was for The Last of Us th show. I kinda stumbled upon it sef and wanted to know the early feelings about the show.

I'm not saying critics don't make stupid statements or opinions at times, or make things political. I'm saying I mostly trust them than audience scores. Also, I don't base my watching on what they say unless from a trusted source.
When I rely on Audience score is when trying to gain the enjoyment level or entertainment value of a project to audiences.
That's where I demarcate the difference. You might like something or enjoy it and it might still be trash.
So I trust critics more cos they have lesser attachment to a film. They're more robotic and look at the technical aspects and more prone to give you as it is.

Different strokes for different folks. You hate them. I don't.
What is funny is most of the YouTube movie critics are also Rotten Tomatoes critics too πŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

The movie should be called Snow Latino and the Seven Diverse Dwarfs

It's only 1 dwarf that I'm seeing there sef, their choice of costume is even trash too.
Box office bomb in the making
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
pu7pl3:

It's only 1 dwarf that I'm seeing there sef, their choice of costume is even trash too.
Box office bomb in the making
Ok, Snow Latino, five affirmative action beneficiaries, one female and a lucky dwarf

(1) (2) (3) ... (3611) (3612) (3613) (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Barrywhyte1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.