Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3733711 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3613) (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) (3619) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JohnnyMcCarthy: 8:31am On Jul 20, 2023
Guardians of The Galaxy Volume 3 (2023) - 80%

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 9:07am On Jul 20, 2023
Back to the Future (1985) - 9/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 9:08am On Jul 20, 2023
Back to the future II (1989)- 8/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 9:08am On Jul 20, 2023
Back to the future III (1990) -10/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2023
kendrick93:
Back to the future (1990) -10/10
The beauty of this back to the future movie is that even though you’ve seen many time travel movies before it, you will still like it. Ever green.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2023
pu7pl3:

You might be missing some things but this sounds more like it grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:17pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nolan 🤝

Interstellar and Inception deserve higher ratings.
I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed Tenet... although the last mission almost made my mind explode...
But I could follow most of the movie cos I watched with subs

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JohnnyMcCarthy: 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
Asteroid City (2023) - 40%

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purvan(m): 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2023
Blade runner 10/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Vyntra(m): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
Why is Oppenheimer missing on most cinemas showing for tomorrow?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2023
The Flash .....6.5/10

Clearly this movie was judged poorly mainly because of Ezra Miller and not necessarily the quality. The CGI most people were even screaming about all seems to be a fvvking farce. It's CGI was decent. It only looked choppy at the very end with the running scene with both Flash and Kara and the time and space continuum. Asides that, majority of the CGI was good.
I didn't really enjoy the fight with General Zod, it wasn't end to end and didn't live up to MOS standard or half of that. It was decent overall and enjoyed the Batman fight scenes better.

People just used Ezra Miller as a cover to hate this movie. I'd be closely watching it's streaming numbers to actually observe if people didn't really care about the film or were just following the crowd and hearsay.

This just easily shows why some people needs to be shut off from social media. The baby scene about Ezra Miller putting a baby in a microwave was so overblown and out of context it threw people off. The CGI sef, many of those people posting it took screenshots from bad looking upscaled CAMrip and made it the face of the movie.

Overall, the film was good and was just punished bh folks mad about Ezra. Nothing else.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Nolan 🤝

Interstellar and Inception deserve higher ratings.
I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed Tenet... although the last mission almost made my mind explode...
But I could follow most of the movie cos I watched with subs
I too like Tenet, though the last 25% of the movie is still confusing to me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
abduleez1:
The Flash .....6.5/10

Clearly this movie was judged poorly mainly because of Ezra Miller and not necessarily the quality. The CGI most people were even screaming about all seems to be a fvvking farce. It's CGI was decent. It only looked choppy at the very end with the running scene with both Flash and Kara and the time and space continuum. Asides that, majority of the CGI was good.
I didn't really enjoy the fight with General Zod, it wasn't end to end and didn't live up to MOS standard or half of that. It was decent overall and enjoyed the Batman fight scenes better.

People just used Ezra Miller as a cover to hate this movie. I'd be closely watching it's streaming numbers to actually observe if people didn't really care about the film or were just following the crowd and hearsay.

This just easily shows why some people needs to be shut off from social media. The baby scene about Ezra Miller putting a baby in a microwave was so overblown and out of context it threw people off. The CGI sef, many of those people posting it took screenshots from bad looking upscaled CAMrip and made it the face of the movie.

Overall, the film was good and was just punished bh folks mad about Ezra. Nothing else.

So ezras career is dead.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2023
GloriousGbola:

So ezras career is dead.

Basically seems so cos this people worked 3 times harder just to make sure the film flopped.
There's hardly anything to hate in the movie if one isn't trying to be picky or purposefully hateful.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
abduleez1:
The Flash .....6.5/10

Isn't this what I kept saying? When I started seeing people talk about the microwave scene I just gave up. People just love hating on superhero movies especially when it's from DC, they must come up with something, Person wey download the movie from N#tn#ija dey complain about CGI 🙄🙄
Check blue beetle on twitter and see how people are already calling it mid and talking about how it'll fail.
I don't know how possible it is but these studios should just come together and starve people of the Superhero genre for some years and let's see how the Hollywood scene would look like.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
PurpLChi:

Isn't this what I kept saying? When I started seeing people talk about the microwave scene I just gave up. People just love hating on superhero movies especially when it's from DC, they must come up with something, Person wey download the movie from N#tn#ija dey complain about CGI 🙄🙄
Check blue beetle on twitter and see how people are already calling it mid and talking about how it'll fail.
I don't know how possible it is but these studios should just come together and starve people of the Superhero genre for some years and let's see how the Hollywood scene would look like.

Many of these people no wan get sense. I don't blame them, na Kevin Feige wey go dey over produce content because of greed.

You'd still see some clowns over here complain about too much cameos... Wetin no reach 2 mins and no dialogue whatsoever from them.
If you see the stupid bad CGI pics they were posting you'd know it was very different from how it looked like in the movie. Especially that Nic Cage Superman wey dem edit am to look real bad. So many clowns online these days.

Yeah, been seeing some w@nkers crying Blue Beetle is mid. I hope Latinos rally round the movie and shut some people up.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
Hoping James Gunn can deliver this dream... 🙏🙏

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JohnnyMcCarthy: 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2023
Needs more hate marketing from the woke left.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
abduleez1:
The Flash .....6.5/10

Ma main man Abdul, if the movie is good, you wouldn't have rated it 6.5 bro. Honestly the movie lack depth.

One would think for a movie about Flash and exploring the multiverse, there will be a very good story to go with it. What I saw was mediocre writing and bad directing. The only thing I really enjoyed in the movie was the Batman scene and the Supergirl scene, aside that, nothing else.

Bro, I had alot of expectation about this movie, from the trailer I was already hyped, but when the movie came, it was below par. Even Batman Vs Superman is far better than this movie.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gidah: 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
The only explanation they gave to the multi verse is comparing it to spaghetti. Just too weak imo

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
abduleez1:

Many of these people no wan get sense. I don't blame them, na Kevin Feige wey go dey over produce content because of greed.

You'd still see some clowns over here complain about too much cameos... Wetin no reach 2 mins and no dialogue whatsoever from them.
If you see the stupid bad CGI pics they were posting you'd know it was very different from how it looked like in the movie. Especially that Nic Cage Superman wey dem edit am to look real bad. So many clowns online these days.

Yeah, been seeing some w@nkers crying Blue Beetle is mid. I hope Latinos rally round the movie and shut some people up.
Latinos are known to rally and support their own, I'm speaking from a wrestling perspective sha, I hope it'll be the same for this movie too.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2023
abduleez1:
Just when did Jason Blood become a black man? 😁

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
abduleez1:
The guy is a fantastic actor
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
abduleez1:
The Flash .....6.5/10

Ezra Miller yes, but I don't think he was the only reason The Flash didn't do well. Don't get me wrong, the movie wasn't bad as most folks painted it be, neither was it great, it was just ok.. And those complaining about the microwave scene, it was just humor.

Back to the main point, having followed the Flash series especially season 1 from CW, I expected way more from the movie. The storyline lacked depth and exposition. I am not saying they should have gotten into details, but they should have least borrowed some idea or concept from the CW Flash, ideas like particle accelerator, dark matter, mach 2, multiverse etc.

Infact, the whole movie seemed more like a comedy movie, they made the Flash a butt of joke. Ezra Miller's acting on the other hand was just menh, even when he cried he didn't elicit any form of emotion. Have you seen the CW's Flash Grant Gustin shed a tear? To cry go hungry you I swear, you literally feel empathy for him.

For the CGI, asides the color riot he creates when he travels through time which can give one a migraine, the others are actually ok.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2023
The Blackening:

This is supposed to be a horror movie and it delivers on the horror aspect...most of the time. However, the horror doesn't quite leave you jarred because half the time you're either chuckling or outright laughing your ass off.

This is a black satire about African-American people and stereotyping. It's simply hilarious and I spent like an additional 30 minutes rewatching the funny parts.

Highly recommended if you have a sense of humour.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JohnnyMcCarthy: 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) (11 years anniversary re-watch) - 80%

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
JohnnyMcCarthy:
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) (11 years anniversary re-watch) - 80%
"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!
The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!"

One of the coldest deliveries in cinema history. The Nolan brothers cooked something magnificent and Tom Hardy served

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2023
Kaycee7:
"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!
The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!"

One of the coldest deliveries in cinema history. The Nolan brothers cooked something magnificent and Tom Hardy served
As in, that quote right there is deep, it is among the reason that movie is a hit.

Such dialogue and depth was what I expected from The Flash, but it wasn't there, just childish humor and Ezra Miller's gibberish.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JohnnyMcCarthy: 11:14pm On Jul 20, 2023
🔥🔥🔥

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
ShaqFu:
Ma main man Abdul, if the movie is good, you wouldn't have rated it 6.5 bro. Honestly the movie lack depth.

One would think for a movie about Flash and exploring the multiverse, there will be a very good story to go with it. What I saw was mediocre writing and bad directing. The only thing I really enjoyed in the movie was the Batman scene and the Supergirl scene, aside that, nothing else.

Bro, I had alot of expectation about this movie, from the trailer I was already hyped, but when the movie came, it was below par. Even Batman Vs Superman is far better than this movie.

Lol, I rated it how I felt it deserved. Was it great? No. Was it bad? No. I don't think so.
I wasn't expecting much so I can't say I was highly disappointed. If I didn't enjoy a DC flick, I'll say it the way I feel regardless.
And I maintain people judge the movie harshly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
majesticguy:

Ezra Miller yes, but I don't think he was the only reason The Flash didn't do well. Don't get me wrong, the movie wasn't bad as most folks painted it be, neither was it great, it was just ok.. And those complaining about the microwave scene, it was just humor.

Back to the main point, having followed the Flash series especially season 1 from CW, I expected way more from the movie. The storyline lacked depth and exposition. I am not saying they should have gotten into details, but they should have least borrowed some idea or concept from the CW Flash, ideas like particle accelerator, dark matter, mach 2, multiverse etc.

Infact, the whole movie seemed more like a comedy movie, they made the Flash a butt of joke. Ezra Miller's acting on the other hand was just menh, even when he cried he didn't elicit any form of emotion. Have you seen the CW's Flash Grant Gustin shed a tear? To cry go hungry you I swear, you literally feel empathy for him.

For the CGI, asides the color riot he creates when he travels through time which can give one a migraine, the others are actually ok.

I've stated various reasons for the film failure here before and now given my review of the film's story in general.
My talking points about the film majorly focused on the gripes many people had about it and it's hardly about the story for most people I've come across online about it.

I don't feel it was bad, I don't feel it was great and rated it accordingly. Na my rating be that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3613) (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) (3619) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: phr0nesis(m), Saturnalia(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.