Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3774366 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3642) (3643) (3644) (3645) (3646) (3647) (3648) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2023
πŸŽ₯ First Man (2018) = 7.8/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY897e0UImw

John wick the continental.

Good to see Mel Gibson again. That guy was a the top of his game in the nineties.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by michigang: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2023
Men in Black: International
Arguably, the funniest MIB I've ever seen and watched. A story of twists and turns with Agent H and pawny coming through with the jokes and Agent M coming through with the grits. Apparently, this is Chris hemsworth and Tessa Thompson second collaboration
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
Born2Freak:

I like how you talk as if you know everything. Mr MC Shalaye. Just hold your L in peace

Ogbeni, Spectre's marketing budget was between 200 to 250 million Dollars. Proof is below.

Lmao, so na BuzzFeed article I'll take over Variety an entrenched Hollywood publication?

The article says the production budget is $300mn and the marketing costs is $200-250mn; and somehow they deem it to have "paid off" in the end with an $880mn worldwide gross. grin grin

You and the guy that wrote the article have zero knowledge about box office. Cos there is no way that film breaks even with those figures talk more of make a profit.
I don't know which of you is a bigger Clown. grin grin

You are still struggling to drop your "numerous" movies with such humongous budget and sticking with your penchant of saying things you don't know. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
pu7pl3:
Even Oraimo has joined the Barbie trend
WB didn't pay for it oh grin

One CLOWN 🀑 here will come and tell us how WB paid $250mn for marketing and Oraimo got $1mn share to promote it in Nigeria. grin grin

Cos his brain can't process things logically.
Him for talk say WB pay Canadian President too na. $50mn to get the women out in numbers. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
abduleez1:

One CLOWN 🀑 here will come and tell us how WB paid $250mn for marketing and Oraimo got $1mn share to promote it in Nigeria. grin grin

Him for talk say WB pay Canadian President too na. $50mn to get the women out in numbers. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Why you dey do your mentor like dis na grin

I no like am oooo.

It's like you don't want him to take you under his wings again
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
I just entered my Gmail and lo and behold Oraimo presenting me with BARBIE prices.... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This marketing can never be below $250mn.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
MetroLane:

Why you dey do your mentor like dis na grin

I no like am oooo.

It's like you don't want him to take you under his wings again

I dey hate make person dey talk okoto with confidence without evidence. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:23pm On Aug 09, 2023
A Fish Called Wanda 🎣 (1988)

80's slapstick gold πŸ…

This is one of the most prime example of a flick where the cast, script and direction are in such a perfectly good sync. It is a blend of British and American finest humour. A Fish Called Wanda is a heist movie like no other that affirms the notion that, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Written by John Cleese of the Monty Python fame, the movie is grounded in fun and laughter that is down to the witty script that plunges the characters into unsuspecting events that reeks of comic gag hall of fame.

John Cleese also stars with a performance full of awkward but ridiculously funny moments as its full of humanity as well, but special praise goes to the 3 main supporting cast. Kevin Kline delivers a slapstick comedic gem that is flawless and outside of time, so so good, he duly got an Oscar for the role, Jamie Lee Curtis is the main woman, charming performance, her been a sex symbol enigma in the 80's means the movie is surprisingly, a little bit erotic lol πŸ˜…πŸ†πŸ³, and finally Micheal Palin of the Monty Python fame as well, plays an animal loving stutterer, and these traits provides the flick's most hilarious running gag.

They don't make them like this anymore, A delightful, light, and ridiculously funny movie with a lot of heart. These elements aligned so so perfectly.

8/10.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:50pm On Aug 09, 2023
oyaskii:

80's slapstick gold πŸ…

This is one of the most prime example of a flick where the cast, script and direction are in such a perfectly good sync. It is a blend of British and American finest humour. A Fish Called Wanda is a heist movie like no other that affirms the notion that, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Written by John Cleese of the Monty Python fame, the movie is grounded in fun and laughter that is down to the witty script that plunges the characters into unsuspecting events that reeks of comic gag hall of fame.

John Cleese also stars with a performance full of awkward but ridiculously funny moments as it full of humanity as well, but special price goes to the 3 main supporting cast. Kevin Kline delivers a slapstick comedic gem that is flawless and outside of time, so so good, he duly got an Oscar for the role, Jamie Lee Curtis is the main woman, charming performance, her been a sex symbol enigma in the 80's means the movie is surprisingly, a little bit erotic lol πŸ˜…πŸ†πŸ³, and finally Micheal Palin of the Monty Python fame as well, plays an animal loving stutterer, and these traits provides the flick's most hilarious running gag.

They don't make them like this anymore, A delightful, light, and ridiculously funny movie with a lot of heart. These elements aligned so so perfectly.

8/10.
I must download this tomorrow. I'm in need of some escapist humour
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
Spiderman: Across The Spiderverse

Wow. Just wow. The storyline, unique animation style, the music, humour, action sequences and character arc of the main villain makes this a masterpiece. I can't believe it is even more interesting than the first movie.

4.5 stars biko. I'm going to watch it again tomorrow
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ishilove:
Spiderman: Across The Spiderverse

Wow. Just wow. The storyline, unique animation style, the music, humour, action sequences and character arc of the main villain makes this a masterpiece. I can't believe it is even more interesting than the first movie.

4.5 stars biko. I'm going to watch it again tomorrow
I watched it yesterday, and I'm rewatching it right now. So unlike me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
I've been watching across the spider verse for 2 days now, God abeg; Schindler's List has killed my enthusiasm for humour and fighting, I'll have to keep it till later
Gone with the Wind next πŸ§˜β€β™‚οΈ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2023
oyaskii:

80's slapstick gold πŸ…

John Cleese also stars with a performance full of awkward but ridiculously funny moments as its full of humanity as well, but special praise goes to the 3 main supporting cast. Kevin Kline delivers a slapstick comedic gem that is flawless and outside of time, so so good, he duly got an Oscar for the role, Jamie Lee Curtis is the main woman, charming performance, her been a sex symbol enigma in the 80's means the movie is surprisingly, a little bit erotic lol πŸ˜…πŸ†πŸ³, and finally Micheal Palin of the Monty Python fame as well, plays an animal loving stutterer, and these traits provides the flick's most hilarious running gag.

8/10.

Can you kindly and sweetly send me your movie list from the 70s - 00s pleaseπŸ₯Ί
All genres except action
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2023
oyaskii:

80's slapstick gold πŸ…

8/10.
wow, this movie grossed more than 20x it's budget...

Critical Drinker was right...modern movies are too expensive

Anyway, I love some classics...
Definitely adding this to my watchlist

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 9:39pm On Aug 09, 2023
abduleez1:

Lmao, so na BuzzFeed article I'll take over Variety an entrenched Hollywood publication?

The article says the production budget is $300mn and the marketing costs is $200-250mn; and somehow they deem it to have "paid off" in the end with an $880mn worldwide gross. grin grin

You and the guy that wrote the article have zero knowledge about box office. Cos there is no way that film breaks even with those figures talk more of make a profit.
I don't know which of you is a bigger Clown. grin grin

You are still struggling to drop your "numerous" movies with such humongous budget and sticking with your penchant of saying things you don't know. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

The buzzfeed article quoted its source from Reuters. Reuters has more clout than Variety.

Making 880 million after spending 500 million on production and marketing is not perfect but it is still a profit. Or we're you thinking that the movie had to double the 500 million like a JJC?.

GUY, YOUR SHALAYE (EXPLAINING) TOO MUCH. HOLD YOUR L STRONG
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2023
Kai, people dull for this life.

If you're Yoruba, your name should be Dull-apo or Dull-awole

Imagine person that's claiming knowledgeable doesn't even know how much a movie needs to make to break even, talk less of making profit.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
Across the Spider-verse 9/10

*Almost no spoilers....

This movie and Everything Everywhere All At Once are the best multiverse movies.

They are the only two instances where I've seen a multiverse explored well

While Into The Spiderverse was a good movie, the story carried but the multiverse concept to the extent it was used there was outright terrible.

Across the Spiderverse took a terrible concept and made a gem out of it. The story actually had stakes which is super rare for a movie using this concept

However the best part of the movie is still the characters and their conflicts...both their personal conflicts and worldview
Miles Morales chose to save his father even though the choice might Doom his universe. Unlike others, he doesn't want to give up on the chance that he could somehow save both...

It's also easy to understand Miguel's position. He believes a sacrifice has to be made to achieve the greater good. You can see where he is coming from:
The Life of one man Vs The Fate of an entire universe...

You cannot say Miguel is wrong...neither can you say he is right due to his methods

I hope they keep his motivations intact in the final movie...I wouldn't like it if they came up with some lame secret agenda for Miguel...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 10:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
phr0nesis:
The 12th Man - 8/10
I'm just imagining how I would have ended up missing this beautiful movie. Big thanks to Majesticguy

You're welcome Chief.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
abduleez1:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…
The amount of support is kinda unfathomable tbh ;πŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
Batman & Superman: Battle of the super sons.

Loved the animation style on this one, they could use this or improve on it a bit and they'll strike Gold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
Born2Freak:

The buzzfeed article quoted its source from Reuters. Reuters has more clout than Variety.

Making 880 million after spending 500 million on production and marketing is not perfect but it is still a profit. Or we're you thinking that the movie had to double the 500 million like a JJC?.

GUY, YOUR SHALAYE (EXPLAINING) TOO MUCH. HOLD YOUR L STRONG

Lmao, I'll still choose THR, Variety or Deadline over Reuters in Hollywood matters especially movie financials.
Why? Because it's not its area of specialization.

The bolded is why you're a classic Dumbo. πŸ˜‚
So you think all the whole $880mn goes to the studio?? 😳😳 Theatres takes their share of every ticket sold. Let's even assume all the $880mn was made in America where cinemas take around a 50-52% cut (it's higher overseas & 75% in China). That money reduces to $440mn. So your $500mn expenses on marketing and production means the movie is at a loss of $60mn.
I've not even talked about distribution costs, insurance and interest. Etc. grin

It's clear you're a rookie and I'm actually wasting my time discussing box office with a neophyte who wants to feel among. Learn to walk before you run kiddo. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€­

Where better person dey wey actually Sabi wetin him dey talk dey sef.... I'm bored. πŸ₯±πŸ₯±

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2023
pu7pl3:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…
The amount of support is kinda unfathomable tbh ;πŸ˜‚

I and Oyaskii dey tell ppl back then that Barbie marketing is organic as well as input from studio.

You know how many ppl and small independent businesses were making Barbie themed services. People dey make Barbie themed flavor for coffee drinks, ice cream and what not just to tap that Barbie trend.

There's one stupid account on twitter that annoyingly spams Barbenheimer T-shirts on almost every thread and comment about Barbie. Ppl wan cash out. Why do ppl make topics tailored to Twitter trends?? Cos everyone wants exposure.
Those two movies are a marketing phenomenon.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 10:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
oyaskii:

80's slapstick gold πŸ…

8/10.

Golden oldie.

I'll always remember the part when he was eating the goldfish and stuttering ke ke Ken...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:55pm On Aug 09, 2023
pu7pl3:
Batman & Superman: Battle of the super sons.

Loved the animation style on this one, they could use this or improve on it a bit and they'll strike Gold.
this animation looks ugly bro

Looks like some low budget PS1 CGI
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 11:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
oyaskii:

80's slapstick gold πŸ…

8/10.

My man otto stalking them right to the end. I remeber the and of the movie where he was outside the planes window wink

Also the scene where Wanda and otto were getting it on while Cleese and his wife were getting into bed grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Can you kindly and sweetly send me your movie list from the 70s - 00s pleaseπŸ₯Ί
All genres except action
Will make the list as fast as i can and edit this post in the A.M with the list hopefully. Please be patient πŸ™

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:
wow, this movie grossed more than 20x it's budget...

Critical Drinker was right...modern movies are too expensive

Anyway, I love some classics...
Definitely adding this to my watchlist
Yeah, movie budget are too bloated these days, and the sad thing is that, most of the budget is on unnecessary things. Most oldies didn't have this luxury, it was all down to proper filmmaking that takes account of what really matters. That's the ratio of classic between the new and oldies tends towards the latter.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
armadeo:

Golden oldie.

I'll always remember the part when he was eating the goldfish and stuttering ke ke Ken...
lol The Ken bit with that Old woman with the dogs was the funniest πŸ˜…
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:00am On Aug 10, 2023
GloriousGbola:

My man otto stalking them right to the end. I remeber the and of the movie where he was outside the planes window wink

Also the scene where Wanda and otto were getting it on while Cleese and his wife were getting into bed grin
lmaoo. I didn't even expect an 80's flick to be that erotic and funny at the same time. Just brilliant brilliant stuff πŸ‘πŸ˜…
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:08am On Aug 10, 2023
abduleez1:

I and Oyaskii dey tell ppl back then that Barbie marketing is organic as well as input from studio.

You know how many ppl and small independent businesses were making Barbie themed services. People dey make Barbie themed flavor for coffee drinks, ice cream and what not just to tap that Barbie trend.

There's one stupid account on twitter that annoyingly spams Barbenheimer T-shirts on almost every thread and comment about Barbie. Ppl wan cash out. Why do ppl make topics tailored to Twitter trends?? Cos everyone wants exposure.
Those two movies are a marketing phenomenon.
lol i remember i was telling you it might be the first movie to enjoy from FOMO and the Streisand effect. I think that what is coming to pass, cuz imagine Oriamo wanting to join the trend weeks after the movie premiere just so they are not left out, Fulham last week released a 3rd Pink away Jersey last week and tied the marketing to Barbie πŸ˜‚

Would the movie had gotten to $1bn without these "direct and indirect" marketing? Probably Yes, albiet a bit slower, so the marketing hastened everything.

I was reading somewhere that It and the Super Mario Bros movies has contributed an estimated 20% of all the total BO gross earnings from all the movies cinematically released this year 🀯...That is no small feat πŸ‘
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 12:59am On Aug 10, 2023
oyaskii:
lmaoo. I didn't even expect an 80's flick to be that erotic and funny at the same time. Just brilliant brilliant stuff πŸ‘πŸ˜…

I watched that movie way back in secondary school. We were laughing our asses off. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

(1) (2) (3) ... (3642) (3643) (3644) (3645) (3646) (3647) (3648) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: phr0nesis(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.