Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3773273 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3643) (3644) (3645) (3646) (3647) (3648) (3649) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 1:04am On Aug 10, 2023
armadeo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY897e0UImw

John wick the continental.

Good to see Mel Gibson again. That guy was a the top of his game in the nineties.

Watching Mel Gibson in this is like watching him come full circle. In the 90s he was in a movie payback - set in the 70s in which he went up against a continental style organization.

If you download the movie you need to get the theatrical cut. I re-downloaded it recently only to find I had the directors cut, which has a the last 30 minutes radically different. The theatrical cuts last 30 minutes are much more bloody.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:11am On Aug 10, 2023
Watching Lolita.
Is there no uncensored version?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 1:16am On Aug 10, 2023
abduleez1:

Lmao, I'll still choose THR, Variety or Deadline over Reuters in Hollywood matters especially movie financials.
Why? Because it's not its area of specialization.

The bolded is why you're a classic Dumbo. πŸ˜‚
So you think all the whole $880mn goes to the studio?? 😳😳 Theatres takes their share of every ticket sold. [b]Let's even assume all the $880mn was made in America where cinemas take around a 50-52% [/b]cut (it's higher overseas & 75% in China). That money reduces to $440mn. So your $500mn expenses on marketing and production means the movie is at a loss of $60mn.
I've not even talked about distribution costs, insurance and interest. Etc. grin

It's clear you're a rookie and I'm actually wasting my time discussing box office with a neophyte who wants to feel among. Learn to walk before you run kiddo. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€­

Where better person dey wey actually Sabi wetin him dey talk dey sef.... I'm bored. πŸ₯±πŸ₯±

Agba shalaye master.
Carry on.

In America, studios can take up to 90% on the opening weeks of ticket sales. So stop lying

Even if takes 60% of all ticket sales of 880 million, there would still be a profit.

Keep Shalaye-ing nonsense..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 1:24am On Aug 10, 2023
abduleez1:

I and Oyaskii dey tell ppl back then that Barbie marketing is organic as well as input from studio.

You know how many ppl and small independent businesses were making Barbie themed services. People dey make Barbie themed flavor for coffee drinks, ice cream and what not just to tap that Barbie trend.

There's one stupid account on twitter that annoyingly spams Barbenheimer T-shirts on almost every thread and comment about Barbie. Ppl wan cash out. Why do ppl make topics tailored to Twitter trends?? Cos everyone wants exposure.
Those two movies are a marketing phenomenon.

Marketing phenomenon indeed.

Have these movies done something that hasn't been done before?

Disney, WB etc have all uses memes and products to hype movies. They have done it better. Call me when Barbie reaches over 2 billion.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:03am On Aug 10, 2023
phr0nesis:

I watched it yesterday, and I'm rewatching it right now. So unlike me
It's the best animated movie I've watched this year, second only to Puss in boots. Abeg dem really try with this one.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:10am On Aug 10, 2023
ErenXSatoru:
I've been watching across the spider verse for 2 days now, God abeg; Schindler's List has killed my enthusiasm for humour and fighting, I'll have to keep it till later
Gone with the Wind next πŸ§˜β€β™‚οΈ
Rhett and Scarlett. Good old fashioned romance story that spans many years. Should I tell you how it ends? tongue It's very unconventional for a love story grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 6:14am On Aug 10, 2023
Born2Freak:

Marketing phenomenon indeed.

Have these movies done something that hasn't been done before?

Disney, WB etc have all uses memes and products to hype movies. They have done it better. Call me when Barbie reaches over 2 billion.

You were saying something that makes sense before πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ. Where have you seen two movies opening on the same day make money as they are doing right now; Barbie is the first comedy movie, the only strictly comedic movie to make a billion, Oppenheimer is an R rated war drama that doesn't mean money and it will gross 700 million and above. It's the first double feature in the history of cinema to get to 1.6 billion in less than three weeks
Most of Barbenheimer advertising is from the fans who are trying to profit from the hype naw
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 6:16am On Aug 10, 2023
Ishilove:

Rhett and Scarlett. Good old fashioned romance story that spans many years. Should I tell you how it ends? tongue It's very unconventional for a love story grin
I know it is the highest grossing film of all time adjusted for inflation, that's all I want to know right nowπŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TopeQs: 7:19am On Aug 10, 2023
Ishilove:
Spiderman: Across The Spiderverse

Wow. Just wow. The storyline, unique animation style, the music, humour, action sequences and character arc of the main villain makes this a masterpiece. I can't believe it is even more interesting than the first movie.

4.5 stars biko. I'm going to watch it again tomorrow

Where is the remaining 0.5

That movie is one of the best movie I've seen, the writer should never go out of job because that is a neatly written masterpiece.

The first act was done beautifully with a nice voice over and all, then the second act set the movie up for the most crazy climax I've seen in a while. I totally forgot there's a concluding part till I saw that the movie is almost at the end and I'm yearning for more.

I saw the movie twice in a row while traveling. I was watching it again last night before bed. The sequences are madt.... The development from the first movie is cray cray. The voice acting, the animation style, the choice of visuals, the score, the sound.

Let's see another animation that'll win best animated movie in the Oscar because it has to top this or there should be a boycott and total scrapping of the Oscars.

This movie is 11/10 for me.

I really can't wait for the next one.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:21am On Aug 10, 2023
armadeo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY897e0UImw

John wick the continental.

Good to see Mel Gibson again. That guy was a the top of his game in the nineties.
Noice, very noice. The action in the trailer is noice. Let's hope it delivers and not fall short from what is expected from a John Wick spin off.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:09am On Aug 10, 2023
Baddestguyp:
this animation looks ugly bro

Looks like some low budget PS1 CGI

Maybe it's cos of my screenshot
The animation was fine.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 8:19am On Aug 10, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

You were saying something that makes sense before πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ. Where have you seen two movies opening on the same day make money as they are doing right now; Barbie is the first comedy movie, the only strictly comedic movie to make a billion, Oppenheimer is an R rated war drama that doesn't mean money and it will gross 700 million and above. It's the first double feature in the history of cinema to get to 1.6 billion in less than three weeks
Most of Barbenheimer advertising is from the fans who are trying to profit from the hype naw

Abduleez1, is this your brother? See shalaye menn!!

Bro, Barbie is not just a comedy movie. Barbie has always been a huge intellectual property since 1959. It has been popular since the 60s- before you were born.

Before Barbie, the Mario movie, which is in the same category of being a comedic movie based on an established IP, made over a billion dollars.

Saving Private Ryan is a war movie that made 482 million dollars at the box office in 1992. That amount adjusted for inflation is worth more than 700 million that Oppenheimer made.

Nothing special
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 8:24am On Aug 10, 2023
Ishilove:

Wow. Just wow. The storyline, unique animation style, the music, humour, action sequences and character arc of the main villain makes this a masterpiece. I can't believe it is even more interesting than the first movie.

Typical Ishilove review.

1. Review comes late. Many months after the movie is released.

2. Always lacking when she fails to copy and paste from review sites.

Babe, which character arc of which villain made sense in Across the spiderverse?

Is it the Spot or Miguel Ohara because these guys were nothing special when it comes to arcs.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:42am On Aug 10, 2023
Ishilove:

which villain?

Spot has no character arc tho

Miguel isn't a villain...more of an Antagonist imo...

And so far I support him...unless proven otherwise...
He's acting rationally so far...
His methods may not be the best but he's rational, while Miles is emotional...

Of course, that's not to say that Miles is not understandable. Miles is doing what anyone in his shoes would do...
Attempt to see if you could save both his father and his universe...
Even though so far he doesn't seem to have a plan...he chose to at least not give up
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Broskyjames: 9:24am On Aug 10, 2023
Born2Freak:

Typical Ishilove review.

1. Review comes late. Many months after the movie is released.

2. Always lacking when she fails to copy and paste from review sites.

Babe, which character arc of which villain made sense in Across the spiderverse?

Is it the Spot or Miguel Ohara because these guys were nothing special when it comes to arcs.
Except the babe stole your money or did some despicable shii to you, this level of hating is unreal and you should really snap out of it, except of course, you are a low life who probably has nothing going for him in real life so he thinks hating someone on a faceless forum for years gives him some sort of misguided validation.

Most people are now just posting reviews, for it cuz the HD version just dropped, so how is her review "typical" or why is her review pressing your scrotal sac so much that you have to spew this rubbish this fine August morning??

The villian arcs of Miguel O'hara and Spot were great but you find something to be vexed about, no counter argument, just straight up hating.

Seriously get a life before it's too late, so that your Tombstone won't read "Ishilove's biggest hater".

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 9:36am On Aug 10, 2023
Broskyjames:
Except the babe stole your money or did some despicable shii to you, this level of hating is unreal and you should really snap out of it, except of course, you are a low life who probably has nothing going for him in real life so he thinks hating someone on a faceless forum for years gives him some sort of misguided validation.

Most people are now just posting reviews, for it cuz the HD version just dropped, so how is her review "typical" or why is her review pressing your scrotal sac so much that you have to spew this rubbish this fine August morning??

The villian arcs of Miguel O'hara and Spot were great but you find something to be vexed about, no counter argument, just straight up hating.

Seriously get a life before it's too late, so that your Tombstone won't read "Ishilove's biggest hater".

What was great about Miguel? Didn't he lack a full back story in the movie? The spot nko? A villain that is literally a joke character that the movie didn't focus on for the most part. The spiderverse itself was more important than the Spot.

Simps must always simp. cool

Tell me, does washing panties make you feel good?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Broskyjames: 9:43am On Aug 10, 2023
Born2Freak:

What was great about Miguel? Didn't he lack a full back story in the movie? The spot nko? A villain that is literally a joke character that the movie didn't focus on for the most part. The spiderverse itself was more important than the Spot.

So why didn't you bring up that argument before? I can't even begin to debate on this with you, cuz you are a degenerate with gutter attitude.

That been said, at the bolded, you rinse and repeat this exact line like a broken congo record anything someone takes pity on you, to actually correct you, so your case might actually be hopeless.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 9:51am On Aug 10, 2023

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 10:06am On Aug 10, 2023
Broskyjames:
So why didn't you bring up that argument before? I can't even begin to debate on this with you, cuz you are a degenerate with gutter attitude.

That been said, at the bolded, you rinse and repeat this exact line like a broken congo record anything someone takes pity on you, to actually correct you, so your case might actually be hopeless.

It is more hopeless to carry another person's problems on your head.

Why are you carrying Ishilove's pain? Is it your pain?

Degenerate indeed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:10am On Aug 10, 2023
Born2Freak:

Bro, Barbie is not just a comedy movie. Barbie has always been a huge intellectual property since 1959. It has been popular since the 60s- before you were born.

Before Barbie, the Mario movie, which is in the same category of being a comedic movie based on an established IP, made over a billion dollars.

If you know, why are you still making noise? They are two very big brands that have been around for many years and this is the first time they have made live action movies that are shown on the big screen. So what is so difficult for you to understand? Super Mario Bros. had a production budget of around $100 million and a marketing budget of around $80–100 million, but still grossed over $1.3 billion. Didn't you see how popular it was? Why didn't you make noise about it?

Also, stop pretending that a $150 million marketing budget is the norm, when you compare the marketing budgets of other blockbusters we've seen over the last decade, you'll see that this one is tens of millions above average. What we have on our hands here is a very remarkable brand with a huge marketing budget that, and as it should, is growing in popularity, not surprising.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:13am On Aug 10, 2023
🀝🏼🀝🏼

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 11:27am On Aug 10, 2023
SOZINN:

If you know, why are you still making noise? They are two very big brands that have been around for many years and this is the first time they have made live action movies that are shown on the big screen. So what is so difficult for you to understand? Super Mario Bros. had a production budget of around $100 million and a marketing budget of around $80–100 million, but still grossed over $1.3 billion. Didn't you see how popular it was? Why didn't you make noise about it?

Also, stop pretending that a $150 million marketing budget is the norm, when you compare the marketing budgets of other blockbusters we've seen over the last decade, you'll see that this one is tens of millions above average. What we have on our hands here is a very remarkable brand with a huge marketing budget that, and as it should, is growing in popularity, not surprising.

Guy, we are saying the same thing. It is the other guy that was saying that Barbie is a marketing phenomenon.

There is nothing special because the huge ip and huge marketing budget will guarantee sales
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by zoroby(m): 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2023
No hard feeling 10/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
Across the Spiderverse be looking like a colour riot at times.... I pity those who have issues with comprehending motions with flashing color lights.

All in all, an enjoyable watch.

Can't wait for the concluding part(s).

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ishilove:

It's the best animated movie I've watched this year, second only to Puss in boots. Abeg dem really try with this one.
There's no known universal where I or my alternate self can ever prefer "Puss in Boots" over "Across the Spiderverse"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
phr0nesis:

There's no known universal where I or my alternate self can ever prefer "Puss in Boots" over "Across the Spiderverse"

grin grin

people and their weird tastes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2023
Calibrator:
Across the Spiderverse be looking like a colour riot at times.... I pity those who have issues with comprehending motions with flashing color lights.

that animation can easily cause seizures...

Yesterday at a point I had to take my eyes off it...

I'm not a fan of the animation style at all
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 2:53pm On Aug 10, 2023
Born2Freak:

he tanbans her buttocks as well
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 2:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
Broskyjames:

take the redpill before its too late. The bluepill is doing damage to your senses. My name is morpheous
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 3:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
⬆️⬆️⬆️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 3:12pm On Aug 10, 2023
Calibrator:

is it a cartoon
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2023
Born2Freak:

grin grin

people and their weird tastes.

It's not unusual for females to pick Puss over Spiderman. They don't really care about comic book characters

(1) (2) (3) ... (3643) (3644) (3645) (3646) (3647) (3648) (3649) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: WriteerNg, Illusioneffect(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.