Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3772642 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2023
majesticguy:

Disney and Pixar really raised the bar for animated movies. Over the years they have very consistent in delivering original stories, great CGI pictures and music scores that are soothing to ears. The likes of Zootopia, Coco, Encanto, Soul are testaments to amazing feat they have achieved so far in the animation genre.

I expected Elemental to follow the path of it predecessors. The animation style, color and concept, were mesmerizing, it keeps you transfixed and captivated on the screen.

The music scores like always were rhythmic, melodious and pleasing to the ears.

They got everything but the story right. It was very unoriginal and cliche. The story stenchs of mediocrity, something we've seen numerous times. In light of that, and their track records and success on previous animated movies, it was really a disappointment. They could have come up with something unique, something different, something better. They are Disney and Pixar for fvck sake and not some indie studio.

Call me an arm chair critic all you like, but that right there is the unclothed truth.
It's not surprising, they're unwilling to changeπŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ because they've made enough money from it, so they don't want to take risks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2023
Ishilove:

I disagree with you. The story is unique because something impossible in reality worked because of the power of love 😍. I loved Elemental because of the plot twist and unique characters. You may disagree with me but I'm sticking to my pov.
The story wasn't unique in any sense, the elements stuff was just to clothe the unoriginal plot and what plot twist is that? I knew the ending even from the trailer. The rewatchability is mostly due to the beautiful colours and not unique but cliche love story
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2023
Ishilove:

I disagree with you. The story is unique because something impossible in reality worked because of the power of love 😍. I loved Elemental because of the plot twist and unique characters. You may disagree with me but I'm sticking to my pov.

Well we are all entitled to our opinions. No matter how you try to deny it, the fact still remains that the core of the plot is cliche, in fact, if I'm chanced enough, I'd drop a Nollywood movie with similar or identical plot.

The elements symbolism to speak could also be represented with: social class, tribe, race, ethnicity, diversity.
An Igbo man and a Yoruba lady falling head over heels with each other and family, society being against the union thanks to tribalism and ethnicity. At the end of the day, the power of love conquers all.

Yes the characters were unique and diverse.

Plot twist?? for me, i don't know. The plot seemed pretty straightforward to me. Half way through the movie and you already know how it's going to end.

Well let's agree to disagree. You probably saw something out of the ordinary in the movie hence your opinion. For me, it was nothing new, unique or something I haven't seen before.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2023
The Invitation.

Not a bad movie. Love the pacing, the acting, the dialogue but a lil bit disappointed cos there is little nudity. 😁

Anyhow, the movie isn't that bad.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2023
No Hard Feelings 7.5/10

Nice comedy movie to watch, I downloaded it bcus of Jennifer Lawrence and I wasn't disappointed, they is a beach scene she went full nude still trying to figure out if it's body double or real cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2023
Zom100: bucket list of the dead.
Now I actually wish we could have a real Zombie apocalypse in Nigeria.
Rule number 1; avoid any communities.
People that want to form communities and live a normal life always end up dying.
When it hits just become a wandering armed Nomad.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2023
blingxx:
No Hard Feelings 7.5/10

Nice comedy movie to watch, I downloaded it bcus of Jennifer Lawrence and I wasn't disappointed, they is a beach scene she went full nude still trying to figure out if it's body double or real cheesy

No.she didn't use a body double, it was all real, full frontal bush and lemons πŸ‹. She bagged a whopping $25m for the role.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2023
pu7pl3:
People that want to form communities and live a normal life always end up dying.

If it so happens and with the level of hunger in the land and considering how aggressive zombies are, nobody would survive. Na person way chop belly full day get strength to run or fight. When they get to you, just willingly submit yourself for bitingπŸ˜„, no need fighting or stressing yourself.

For me, i rather kill myself than turn to a zombie or a survivor and wander about aimlessly, fighting off both zombie and fellow survivors, running like a bull on heat when being chased by hordes of zombies and eventually starving to death. Infact it's a dream i wouldn't like to have talk more of experience it.

Eventually, we'd all be zombies and after few years, we'd all die of hunger because there'd be no one to feed on.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2023
pu7pl3:
@ bolded

Na you them go first bite sha

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2023
There is a sure way to know those who are loved at home offline..... Nobody with love in his/her life will wake up, look at his loved ones then come to Obasanjo's internet to say he wishes there is a zombie apocalypse in his area of residence and looking forward to be separated from his loved ones.

Therapy should be fully integrated into our lives in this country... We have a lot of disturbed persons roaming around undetected.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2023
Baddestguyp:
@ bolded

Na you them go first bite sha

I'll live through it till old age sef
Dey play
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2023
majesticguy:

If it so happens and with the level of hunger in the land and considering how aggressive zombies are, nobody would survive. Na person way chop belly full day get strength to run or fight. When they get to you, just willingly submit yourself for bitingπŸ˜„, no need fighting or stressing yourself.

For me, i rather kill myself than turn to a zombie or a survivor and wander about aimlessly, fighting off both zombie and fellow survivors, running like a bull on heat when being chased by hordes of zombies and eventually starving to death. Infact it's a dream i wouldn't like to have talk more of experience it.

Eventually, we'd all be zombies and after few years, we'd all die of hunger because there'd be no one to feed on.

There will be survivors scattered throughout. The population that needs actual food to survive will dwindle rapidly creating more food for survivors. The wise and careful ones that have experience from watching dozens of zombie flicks will definitely survive.
I'm one of those people.

I'm not talking about WWZ zombies oh abeg or that Zack Snyder's Iteration with Batista (army of the dead) grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2023
pu7pl3:

I'll live through it till old age sef
Dey play
or maybe you'll break the record.

The first man to ever bang a zombie grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2023
Baddestguyp:
or maybe you'll break the record.

The first man to ever bang a zombie grin

That's how you get bitten
Rule no. 2; Don't think outside the box unless you absolutely have to grin

I'm soo good at this

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2023
Calibrator:
There is a sure way to know those who are loved at home offline..... Nobody with love in his/her life will wake up, look at his loved ones then come to Obasanjo's internet to say he wishes there is a zombie apocalypse in his area of residence and looking forward to be separated from his loved ones.

Therapy should be fully integrated into our lives in this country... We have a lot of disturbed persons roaming around undetected.

People wey go first die done dey show themselves

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2023
pu7pl3:

There will be survivors scattered throughout. The population that needs actual food to survive will dwindle rapidly creating more food for survivors. The wise and careful ones that have experience from watching dozens of zombie flicks will definitely survive.
I'm one of those people.

I'm not talking about WWZ zombies oh abeg or that Zack Snyder's Iteration with Batista (army of the dead) grin

At the bolded, so you'd have liberty to choose the type of zombies you want πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚..... They play.

So you want the category of Zombies in Zombieland abi🀣🀣... Day play

You seem like one of the very first people that'd be bitten. knowledge from movies would definitely be your doom.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2023
Calibrator:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2023
majesticguy:

At the bolded, so you'd have liberty to choose the type of zombies you want πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚..... They play.

So you want the category of Zombies in Zombieland abi🀣🀣... Day play

You seem like one of the very first people that'd be bitten. knowledge from movies would definitely be your doom.

The ones from Zombieland or walking dead would do.

Rule no 3; [s]You seem like one of the very first people that'd be bitten[/s]
Perish that idea, nothing is always as it seems in a zombie-pocalypse.
Laslas na you dey play.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2023
°°

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2023
majesticguy:

Well we are all entitled to our opinions. No matter how you try to deny it, the fact still remains that the core of the plot is cliche, in fact, if I'm chanced enough, I'd drop a Nollywood movie with similar or identical plot.

The elements symbolism to speak could also be represented with: social class, tribe, race, ethnicity, diversity.
An Igbo man and a Yoruba lady falling head over heels with each other and family, society being against the union thanks to tribalism and ethnicity. At the end of the day, the power of love conquers all.

Yes the characters were unique and diverse.

Plot twist?? for me, i don't know. The plot seemed pretty straightforward to me. Half way through the movie and you already know how it's going to end.

Well let's agree to disagree. You probably saw something out of the ordinary in the movie hence your opinion. For me, it was nothing new, unique or something I haven't seen before.

Let's agree to disagree. I would have pointed out what was totally unexpected for me but that will be giving out a major spoiler, but I am sure you know what I mean. It is a plot twist
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

The story wasn't unique in any sense, the elements stuff was just to clothe the unoriginal plot and what plot twist is that? I knew the ending even from the trailer. The rewatchability is mostly due to the beautiful colours and not unique but cliche love story
Lets agree to disagree
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2023
pu7pl3:

That's how you get bitten
Rule no. 2; Don't think outside the box unless you absolutely have to grin

I'm soo good at this

Abeg no even reason the Zombie matter jare, as is its, people are going through hell already. In fact what a whole lot of Nigerians are going through now is worse than a Zombie apocalypse.

A lot of folks eat once in a day now or sometimes nothing a day, trek long distance before they get to their destination. People commit suicide on a daily basis because of untold hardship, those who are managing to survive are either used as target practice by unknown gun men, bandits and herdsmen. This and many more are the untold hardship and the sad reality of things in this country presently. What we are presently experiencing in the country is the real life aftermath of an actual zombie apocalypse.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 6:14pm On Aug 20, 2023
pu7pl3:

The ones from Zombieland or walking dead would do.

Rule no 3; [s]You seem like one of the very first people that'd be bitten[/s]
Perish that idea, nothing is always as it seems in a zombie-pocalypse.
Laslas na you dey play.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚....You never serious, day play.. What if they turn out to be the Zombies from the Last of Us. Just by stepping on the vines on the floor, those ones who just start coming after you...

Day play, knowledge from those movies would eventually be your doom.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by HeadPrincipal: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2023
majesticguy:

Abeg no even reason the Zombie matter jare, as is its, people are going through hell already. In fact what a whole lot of Nigerians are going through now is worse than a Zombie apocalypse.

A lot of folks eat once in a day now or sometimes nothing a day, trek long distance before they get to their destination. People commit suicide on a daily basis because of untold hardship, those who are managing to survive are either used as target practice by unknown gun men, bandits and herdsmen. This and many more are the untold hardship and the sad reality of things in this country presently. What we are presently experiencing in the country is the real life aftermath of an actual zombie apocalypse.

Many of us can only escape into our imaginations unlike others that are privileged to Japa so have at it with me bruh.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by roxypamela: 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2023
hi, i am watching Squid Games web series, its korean drama, its very interesting to see , it have 12 episodes now next movie i will see its Hollywood movies download and watch , i will also refer you to see Tomorrow war movie. smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2023
Extraction 2

I want to rant becos its paining me. Why will tyler go and extract somebody's wife and kids when they are apparently not in danger? Its makes absolutely no sense. Its a family matter. The man is protecting his family and you threw caution to the wind to go on a useless mission becos of money barely nine months out of coma. Not like the victims need saving. The son was even asking for his dad. I cant wrap around this becos I thought the storyline was solid. This right here is an unnecessary mission and sham of a thriller. Its like the hero caused a war and i'm supporting the villain. This is nonsense
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2023
potland:
Extraction 2

I want to rant becos its paining me. Why will tyler go and extract somebody's wife and kids when they are apparently not in danger? Its makes absolutely no sense. Its a family matter. The man is protecting his family and you threw caution to the wind to go on a useless mission becos of money barely nine months out of coma. Not like the victims need saving. The son was even asking for his dad. I cant wrap around this becos I thought the storyline was solid. This right here is an unnecessary mission and sham of a thriller. Its like the hero caused a war and i'm supporting the villain. This is nonsense
The same thing the United States is doing as police of the world like they don't have problems of their own
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2023
potland:
Extraction 2

tell me you didn't understand the movie without saying it...

Tyler didn't do it for money. It was a favour to his ex I believe... (Can't really remember)

The man was abusing his wife and even his son knew it but turned a blind eye...

He kept his family locked up and trapped in prison with him in the name of protecting them from his enemies...
That's not the life they want to live...imagine being stuck in a prison because of a man when they should be walking free...

If they stayed with him, it was only a matter of time before he either killed them or caused their death or his enemies killed them...

The extraction was necessary...
His wife wanted a better future for her children instead of becoming criminals/warlords like their father till death

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2023
oyaskii:
No.she didn't use a body double, it was all real, full frontal bush and lemons πŸ‹. She bagged a whopping $25m for the role.

Never thought she would agree to do that cheesy grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2023
Weekend Watch List

- When Marnie Was There (2014)

One of the few Ghibli titles that don't have Miyazaki or Takahata involved. Interested in seeing how well Ghibli delivers without these 2 juggernauts.

- Elemental (2023)

Mid Pixar is still Pixar. And the audience reception promises a fun time, at least.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.