Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3753770 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3757) (3758) (3759) (3760) (3761) (3762) (3763) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:04pm On Dec 24, 2023
NeoWanZaeed:

Your analysis about the characters is so so poor..

Go rewatch again and listen to the dialogues properly.

Tarek wasn't homeless nor a beggar.. you got too many things way so wrong..

Anyways, enjoy your opinion
I said General Titus was living as a homeless guy on the street...
Abi didn't you watch the scene where he was picked up and bathed?
This is General Titus in the image below...

For someone who said I should rewatch, you seem to be the one who is mixing up characters or the one who skipped things in the movie and needs a rewatch

And what did I get wrong?
When you say my analysis is poor, kindly specify or explain what you mean

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2023
NeoWanZaeed:

Yeah.. would love to see general Tarek story

Where can one get to download or see the director's cut
It'll be out on Netflix
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2023
2.5 / 10

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2023
joseph1832:
Rebel Moon.

Actually like it. Love the character development. The dialogue isn't what I'll hold my breath on, the action is above average. Love the fact they didn't make any of the lead characters superhuman, like having them kill 100 men without getting their ass wooped.

The movie is above average. I'll rate it 7.5/10. Although it gives a very strong vibe of The Magnificent Seven. All the same, I like it. 👌

In articles in my feed referencing rebel moon I keep seeing seven samurai references.

Seven samurai is the seminal movie that inspired multiple 'harassed farmers hire warriors to teach them how to fight bandits' movies.

From magnificent seven to a bugs life to episodes of the mandalorian

Now that I mention that Nigeria is actually ripe for that sort of movie since that exact scenario is playing out up north with bandits and farmers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2023
Rebel Moon.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 8:17pm On Dec 24, 2023
NeoWanZaeed:

Lol..
Everything the guy said is off..

As for the requitements, each character all has hatred for the empire.. mostly Revenge. That's why they got conned easily by the guy who betrayed them.

All dialogues are very very good..

And as for the plot..to those who don't understand it.. general Tarek literally spelt what to expect from other parts lol..

Go watch and come back to comment
Every dialogue in the mood was bad bro.
The fact that this is a movie that's poised to be the next Star Wars is laughable tbh. I love Snyder and I prayed this movie would be really good but it fell short.
First off and my main concern was the movie had no spirit at all. No humour, I didn't feel anything for the characters - the folks that joined her - the reason for joining her in the adventure was so bland to me- the rebellion and the reasons why one would die for a cause wasn't really fleshed out at all. Good Sci Fi movies should have humor esp through dialogue and physical humour but I saw none of that.
Also the story was so dry. Like every other SciFi movie, it doesn't have a new story to tell. The plot twist was already known in 30 minutes after the film started- no suspense at all
I just rewatched it the 3rd time and I'm giving it a 4/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
Illusioneffect:

The fact that this is a movie that's poised to be the next Star Wars is laughable tbh. I love Snyder and I prayed this movie would be really good but it fell short.
First off and my main concern was the movie had no spirit at all. No humour, I didn't feel anything for the characters - the folks that joined her - the reason for joining her in the adventure was so bland to me- the rebellion and the reasons why one would die for a cause wasn't really fleshed out at all. Good Sci Fi movies should have humor esp through dialogue and physical humour but I saw none of that.
Also the story was so dry. Like every other SciFi movie, it doesn't have a new story to tell. The plot twist was already known in 30 minutes after the film started- no suspense at all

Laughing..from 2/10 to 4/10..
Dude.. you sure you are okay?

A bad movie will always be a bad movie no matter the rewatch lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
Kaycee7:
Make we dey look sha. Nobody shift goalpost pass you for box office. When her next lead project flops now, you'll start telling us how this and that movies were blocking cinema theatres or how September is a tough month at the box office

Lol, which time I shift goalpost untop Margot Robbie box office woes? 😂😂
I mostly state box office facts or opinions based on the numbers and circumstances surrounding each film. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:

I said General Titus was living as a homeless guy on the street...
Abi didn't you watch the scene where he was picked up and bathed?
This is General Titus in the image below...

For someone who said I should rewatch, you seem to be the one who is mixing up characters or the one who skipped things in the movie and needs a rewatch

And what did I get wrong?
When you say my analysis is poor, kindly specify or explain what you mean

Are you sure you watched this movie? Lol..

Olympia fighting Stadium ni street? Lol.. A soldier fighting his ass out to pour out his revenge ni homeless. Even if the director didn't show the clip to explain that.. you still cant grasp that lol..

Mr Man. Enjoy your opinion lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
NeoWanZaeed:

Are you sure you watched this movie? Lol..

Olympia fighting Stadium ni street? Lol.. A soldier fighting his ass out to pour out his revenge ni homeless. Even if the director didn't show the clip to explain that.. you still cant grasp that lol..

Mr Man. Enjoy your opinion lol
I know where he was found...and I know what they said about the last bounty Hunter that came to find him...

My statement was that he looked homeless, not that he was homeless...
They even had to bath him...

And when they asked him to join them, he had lost all motivation to fight the Empire...he was a disgraced General and had lost everything...

But in 30 seconds he was suddenly convinced and got his motivation back simply by mentioning revenge...
This is what I call lazy dialogue and lazy character writing...

It's like Snyder just used the skip button and decided it wasn't worth the stress to actually write some convincing dialogue...

And tell me what General Titus actually did in the movie. Despite being a General in the past who they went through much to find, what did he do?

Did he use his experience he had gained as a general in battle?
Did he use or even propose any tactics or strategy in the movie?

What is the difference between General Titus and a footsoldier? He didn't lead? He didn't offer any strategy or tactics, absolutely no use or proposal that made use of his skillset

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:

I know where he was found...and I know what they said about the last bounty Hunter that came to find him...

My statement was that he looked homeless, not that he was homeless...
They even had to bath him...

And when they asked him to join them, he had lost all motivation to fight the Empire...he was a disgraced General and had lost everything...

But in 30 seconds he was suddenly convinced and got his motivation back simply by mentioning revenge...
This is what I call lazy dialogue and lazy character writing...

It's like Snyder just used the skip button and decided it wasn't worth the stress to actually write some convincing dialogue...

And tell me what General Titus actually did in the movie. Despite being a General in the past who they went through much to find, what did he do?

Did he use his experience he had gained as a general in battle?
Did he use or even propose any tactics or strategy in the movie?

What is the difference between General Titus and a footsoldier? He didn't lead? He didn't offer any strategy or tactics, absolutely no use or proposal that made use of his skillset

Mr Man.. you are entitled to your opinion ooo. I hear you ..

You are expecting part 3 in part 1 lol.. you no sabi watch movie o..

Before general Titus and others could really show what they're capable of.. it's in part 3 above..

2 will be about the farmers and the war droid battling noble again. Noble reveals kora identity and shaken up the rebel.. the blood axe will join for revenge also..

Too many stories need to be told in part 2..

You are expecting part 3 or 4 stories in part 1 lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
Erenjp:

Thoughts on this?

This movie would have made far more in 2018...
If I say there's Superhero Fatigue, y'all will attack me

No point in wasting your time baiting me with another silly argument. I no get time this period.

Y'all already know my stance and it's a "bad movie fatigue" in the superhero genre. Cos y'all haven't still explained why well received movies like GOTG3 and SpiderVerse performed excellent this year.
There's no point dwelling on a dead universe.

Na 2023 give una mouth sef, If not you no go follow me dey drag this nonsense all this while if it was last year where a film like Thor: Love and Thunder could gross over $700mn.

Come back when you have a solid point with a well known character in a well liked movie both critically and audience wise flOPPing at the box office.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2023
Illusioneffect:

You are spot on about the characters that joined barely having any interaction as a group.

While I don't care much for comedy or humour, at least the characters who joined should interact with each other...

I feel like some people here don't understand what good character writing is...
They just rate movies simply based on enjoyment and things like character writing doesn't interest them...

They are the ones popcorn movies are made for

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:38pm On Dec 24, 2023
I always believed in WONKA performing well at the box office and WBs faith in the film with the massive promotion ahead of Aquaman 2 reinforced my conviction.

It's even better than expected. WB already provided all the Xmas movie you might want to indulge in this holiday season.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2023
Beorn:

How much will a 1TB SSD costs sonde you said they are better options than HDD.
It depends on the retailer and form factor. It ranges from 120k to as high as 160k.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2023
NeoWanZaeed:

Before general Titus and others could really show what they're capable of.. it's in part 3 above..

2 will be about the farmers and the war droid battling noble again. Noble reveals kora identity and shaken up the rebel.. the blood axe will join for revenge also..

You don't need 3 movies to do proper work on a character that was recruited to battle the Empire.

A former general should have at least shown his unique skill set in battle.

What about the character interactions...
We barely got any dialogue between the cast after they were recruited...

How can we relate with characters who can't even interact with each other?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2023
abduleez1:

No point in wasting your time baiting me with another silly argument. I no get time this period.

Y'all already know my stance and it's a "bad movie fatigue" in the superhero genre. Cos y'all haven't still explained why well received movies like GOTG3 and SpiderVerse performed excellent this year.
There's no point dwelling on a dead universe.

Na 2023 give una mouth sef, If not you no go follow me dey drag this nonsense all this while if it was last year where a film like Thor: Love and Thunder could gross over $700mn.

Come back when you have a solid point with a well known character in a well liked movie both critically and audience wise flOPPing at the box office.
grin grin

So Aquaman 2 is now a bad movie too?
Okay...

I haven't seen it, but this excuse to deny Superhero Fatigue is getting outdated

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2023
GloriousGbola:

In articles in my feed referencing rebel moon I keep seeing seven samurai references.

Seven samurai is the seminal movie that inspired multiple 'harassed farmers hire warriors to teach them how to fight bandits' movies.

From magnificent seven to a bugs life to episodes of the mandalorian

Now that I mention that Nigeria is actually ripe for that sort of movie since that exact scenario is playing out up north with bandits and farmers.
You're absolutely right. Nigeria is very ripe for that sort of thing. The only snag there is, the so called Samurai or Cowboys or saviors or whatever you want to call them, have been compromised.

They're feeding fat of the system and heck, they'll never take up arms against the system, rather, they'll recruit people (agberos) to protect their interest at the detriment of the system. Lol.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:

You don't need 3 movies to do proper work on a character that was recruited to battle the Empire.

A former general should have at least shown his unique skill set in battle.

What about the character interactions...
We barely got any dialogue between the cast after they were recruited...

How can we relate with characters who can't even interact with each other?

How the hell will you expect a complete expose on each characters in movies with lots of parts? Laughing..

Wahala wa o.. you just dey watch film ni?

Even the main character..we don't even know up to 30% about her character lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:59pm On Dec 24, 2023
abduleez1:
I always believed in WONKA performing well at the box office and WBs faith in the film with the massive promotion ahead of Aquaman 2 reinforced my conviction.

It's even better than expected. WB already provided all the Xmas movie you might want to indulge in this holiday season.

Dune 2 is coming when oooo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 9:12pm On Dec 24, 2023
NeoWanZaeed:

Laughing..from 2/10 to 4/10..
Dude.. you sure you are okay?

A bad movie will always be a bad movie no matter the rewatch lol
I gave it a 7/10 right here

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 9:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
Watched this movies in cinemas this week
Aquaman 3/10- Glad this movie pics bombing because this movie is garbage- James Wan should just stick to horror. Dit wanted to be like a buddy comedy, all of a sudden it became a thriller- next thing it was star wars but boring.

Wonka - 8/10
Generic but absolutely hilarious

Migration - 7/10
Good movie for the children. I left the cinemas before it ended but still funny👍
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:

grin grin

So Aquaman 2 is now a bad movie too?
Okay...

I haven't seen it, but this excuse to deny Superhero Fatigue is getting outdated

What's the critics score?? undecided undecided
Even most audience ratings are pretty fair to lukewarm.
WB hardly promoted the movie sef and just left it to die and quickly move on to the next best things. Evidenced by WONKA and THE COLOR PURPLE receiving far better and important promo push.

Whether you feel it's outdated or not, na your palava. I've given numerous strong points on the reasons for the failing CBMs on different occasions.
The only examples you've only been able to come up with are poorly received films and/or with unknown characters. So, excuse me if I don't hold similar beliefs.
And surely all genres always have their downtimes.

Maybe next we'll start hearing "Adaptation Fatigue" since biopic movies like KOTFM, NAPOLEON, RUSTIN, PRISCILLA, SPENCER etc already flopped at the box office.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2023
NeoWanZaeed:

Dune 2 is coming when oooo

March 1st, 2024.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:39pm On Dec 24, 2023
NeoWanZaeed:

I am not expecting them to complete character arcs in a single movie...
I am expecting Snyder to give us good dialogue between characters...
To properly develop motivations for characters...

To show what each character offers.
They went through much trouble to recruit General Titus yet we haven't seen him use any particular skillset ..

Kora and the others risked becoming a slave to recruit Prince Tarak...yet we didn't see anything he has done...he literally did nothing...

For a character that they risked so much to recruit despite just meeting him, it's certainly weird that we see him do almost nothing to contribute to their cause...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2023
But no one can doubt how beautiful Rebel Moon looks. Just the first shot of her ploughing the land was Blade Runner-esque

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:00pm On Dec 24, 2023
Illusioneffect:
Watched this movies in cinemas this week
Aquaman 3/10- Glad this movie pics bombing because this movie is garbage- James Wan should just stick to horror. Dit wanted to be like a buddy comedy, all of a sudden it became a thriller- next thing it was star wars but boring.

I can even go back to when I told Abdul the same thing about James Wan and screenshot it so you can see it. I have no faith in that guy outside of horror. After several screen tests and reshoots, he still achieved a critical score of less than 40%. All jokes aside, this is bad, very bad.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2023
Erenjp:

Thoughts on this?

2nd lowest DC opening ever.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2023
abduleez1:

March 1st, 2024.

Ah.. Too far oo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:25pm On Dec 24, 2023
SOZINN:

2nd lowest DC opening ever.

Don't forget the 2018 predecessor was also the lowest DCEU opening ever at the time.
Still, this is easily out-grossing THE MARVELS. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:29pm On Dec 24, 2023
Just stumbled on this.... Reminds me why henceforth I ain't taking Variety seriously for the stupid political stunts they pulled all through the year.

The rules is just different for everyone. undecided

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2023
SOZINN:

I can even go back to when I told Abdul the same thing about James Wan and screenshot it so you can see it. I have no faith in that guy outside of horror. After several screen tests and reshoots, he still achieved a critical score of less than 40%. All jokes aside, this is bad, very bad.
I also remember complaining of the CGI - most of the folks were saying it's ok😂, CGI here's worse than the Flash a 1,000%

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3757) (3758) (3759) (3760) (3761) (3762) (3763) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Archtype(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.